Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    You don't like my Duffy at Rays games pics, DuffyD?
    I don't think I said that. I think I said I like Naelyan's a lot.:love:

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
      ...I was thinking these are the best Duffy baseball photos ever!:yea: I think it's the color and light that's doin' it for me, though it could also be because I'm from Georgia…:unsure: Anyway, that uniform is great! Nice shots, Naelyan!^^
      DuffyD! I had no idea you were originally from Georgia! I was born and raised in Augusta and lived in Atlanta for 10 years before moving to Orlando! I've been a Braves fan since I was born!

I got a tip for you to make the front of Duffy's baseball cap look more normal. Take a paper towel, fold it in half the long way twice, then roll it up tight and stick it under the front of the cap.
      Thanks for that aimster! I will try it on Shellie May's cap for Sunday's game! I was going to stuff the cap with tissue, but since there are ear holes, it showed through!
      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
        …I was going to stuff the cap with tissue, but since there are ear holes, it showed through!
        Just stitch those up!

Comment

Just a Duffy/ShellieMay photo I want to share before calling a night:

I made Duffy and ShellieMay's Mickey Paws out of Euro coins. I used three different coins of different sizes to put it together.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Thanks for that aimster! I will try it on Shellie May's cap for Sunday's game! I was going to stuff the cap with tissue, but since there are ear holes, it showed through!
            What I did was cut the elastic ear loops off and cut the ear holes on the hat bigger so Duffy's ears fit through better and aren't so squished. The hat looks much better on his head that way.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
              Just stitch those up!
              That was my plan!

What I did was cut the elastic ear loops off and cut the ear holes on the hat bigger so Duffy's ears fit through better and aren't so squished. The hat looks much better on his head that way.
              It didn't look like the hat would stretch over his head to be able to put the ears in the holes, but I will check again! Do you have any pictures of your Duffy wearing a BAB baseball cap that way?
              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
              sigpic

Comment

• Re: Share your Duffy Photo's

Duffy Daisuki, you must be thrilled at the spring voyage outfit for Duffy. It has a sweater vest!

After my last baby clothes altering project, what do I do? Go to Walmart to get an oil and filter and battery change. Walk laps for exercise and pick up FOUR more outfits (dresses) for Shellie May!

"What?!?!" she said. "I told you I'm not a baby!"

"Agreed, but um, Shellie May, what outfit are you wearing today?"

"Oh, yeah," she said (it's the one I altered for her ha ha, she's busted!)

"Besides, some of these outfits have bows!"

"Oh, bows?" she said as she came over to investigate. "Oooo, goodie, bows! I like bows!"

Here she is examining the dresses. I only had to hem the white one with the little pink pattern and the bow in front. It fit normally but I like it shorter (before and after picture). The others fit fine with no alterations, yay!

I made her a bonnet. She also has white and yellow hair pieces already. Hmmm, she can't decide which she likes better, the bonnet, or the squigglies. After thinking about it, she decided that she likes the squigglies! She is such a joyous bear!

Duffy came to see what was going on. Shellie May has been acquiring alot more clothes than he has.

"Here, Duffy, you can have this depressing gray sweater."

"um, PASS!" said Duffy when he saw it had a pink butterfly on it. He walked away thinking, "sheesh, I can't believe Shellie May would think I'd actually WEAR that!"

Trying on clothes is tiring. Shellie May and Duffy are going to take a nap.

You can't really see the hem on the white dress with the little pink pattern in the daylight when the light is better, only where it is dark and there is a glare so I had to use the flash up close.

Here are the links to the outfits in case anyone wants to check their local Walmart or order online. Good luck.

Faded Glory Newborn Girls' 2 Piece Knit Tiered Floral Dress and Bloomer Set: Baby Clothing : Walmart.com

Child of Mine by Carters Newborn Girls' 3-Piece Butterfly Dress, Shrug and Bloomer Set: Baby Clothing : Walmart.com

Faded Glory Newborn Girls' 2-Piece Woven Dress and Bloomer Set: Baby Clothing : Walmart.com

George Newborn Girls' 2-Piece Embroidered Organza Dress and Bloomer Set: Baby Clothing : Walmart.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	115 - 2013 - 03-09 - Shellie May doubtfully looking at the other baby clothes I purchased (640x4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	7348350Click image for larger version

Name:	116 - 2013 - 03-09 - Look, Shellie May, they have bows on them (640x426).jpg
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	7348351Click image for larger version

Name:	118 - 2013 - 03-09 - Look at my petticoat (426x640).jpg
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	7348352Click image for larger version

Name:	119 - 2013 - 03-09 - Shellie May in a pretty dress (427x640).jpg
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	7348353Click image for larger version

Name:	120 - 2013 - 03-09 - Before alterations (426x640).jpg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	7348354Click image for larger version

Name:	121 - 2013 - 03-09 - The hem doesn't show up in better lighting (426x640).jpg
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	7348355Click image for larger version

Name:	122 - 2013 - 03-09 - Another cute dress for Shellie May (426x640).jpg
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	7348356Click image for larger version

Name:	123 - 2013 - 03-09 - Here Duffy, you can have this depressing gray sweater (640x427).jpg
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	7348357Click image for larger version

Name:	124 - 2013 - 03-09 - Um, pass, said Duffy (he didn't like the butterfly on it) (640x427).jpg
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	7348358Click image for larger version

Name:	125 - 2013 - 03-09 - Sheesh, I can't believe Shellie May thought I would wear a sweater with a b.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	7348359Click image for larger version

Name:	126 - 2013 - 03-09 - Shellie May in a dress with squiggles in her hair (426x640).jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	7348360Click image for larger version

Name:	127 - 2013 - 03-09 - Shellie May with a bonnet (426x640).jpg
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	7348361Click image for larger version

Name:	128 - 2013 - 03-09 - Side view of Shellie May's bonnet (427x640).jpg
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	7348362Click image for larger version

Name:	129 - 2013 - 03-09 - Come on, Duffy, let's go take a nap (426x640).jpg
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	7348363
                Last edited by JillT; 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

It didn't look like the hat would stretch over his head to be able to put the ears in the holes, but I will check again! Do you have any pictures of your Duffy wearing a BAB baseball cap that way?
                  Sure do!

Back view

Comment

Aimster:

Back view

[/QUOTE]

Back view shows the baseball hat really well and fits quite nicely! Bravo.

Comment

Thank you!! So I'm assuming that you had to cut the top of the ear holes? Or did you have to cut both sides?
                      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                      sigpic

Comment

I snipped a little on each side until I was happy with the result.

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May are learning their ABCs so they can read books. It will open a whole new world to them!

However, there was some confusion on why the endings of their names are spelled differently even though they sound the same.

“Um, sorry bears, but you are both wrong. Here, let me show you.” I guess that’s what they get from copying off each other!

I got their reading glasses. Now they are doing better. What clever bears they are; they made a rhyme!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	155 (640x427).jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	7348367Click image for larger version

Name:	157 (640x426).jpg
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	7348368Click image for larger version

Name:	158 (640x427).jpg
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	7348369Click image for larger version

Name:	159 (640x426).jpg
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	7348370Click image for larger version

Name:	160 (640x427).jpg
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	7348371Click image for larger version

Name:	163 (640x427).jpg
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	7348372Click image for larger version

Name:	167 (640x427).jpg
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	7348373Click image for larger version

Name:	168 (640x427).jpg
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	7348374Click image for larger version

Name:	169 (640x427).jpg
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	7348375Click image for larger version

Name:	170 (640x427).jpg
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	7348376Click image for larger version

Name:	173 (640x427).jpg
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	7348377

Comment

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

The twins just trying to climbing the stairs.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Jill, cute pics. I enjoy your stories.

So I had my bears hanging out on the couch, and THIS happens. Teddies are so soft and cuddly! Quick cell phone pics:

"We have tamed the wild beast!"

Comment

The bears ARE very soft and cuddly. That's a cute picture of the cat with them, Diznygirl, and thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoy my stories. Like Aimster says, little bear BIG personality.

Comment

Haha! JillT, I loved your story, especially the "We will make good use of it" photo. Diznygrl, your photos are adorable. My cat snuggles with my bears, too.

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's time to celebrate Duffy and ShellieMay's Irish roots.
                                    Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                      Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's time to celebrate Duffy and ShellieMay's Irish roots.
                                      Hi, Gurgi. Are those the Peter Pan pants you put on Duffy? I did the same thing for my Irish Duffy because I can't stand seeing him or Shellie May only partially dressed (bare feet or head doesn't bother me but if they have a top they must have a bottom and vice versa).

I'm trying to figure out what to put on Bunny Duffy that would still show his bunny tale and not clash (don't want to put blue jeans on him).

My bears will be wishing y'all a Happy St. Patrick's Day, too, soon...I love his leprechaun shoes!

Comment

Gurgi,
                                        I couldn't get that dress from our local BAB. They had last year's dress instead, with white. Not nearly as nice. I like the photo. The pillows in the background are huge. I didn't think they were so big.
                                        ILG

Comment

Actually, no they're not the Peter Pan shorts, but last year's Spring Voyage shorts. I got that idea from Naelyan. The shoes he's wearing are from his TDS easter costume from 2010. They are perfect Leprechaun shoes! Shellie's dress is really cute, and I'm surprised all the BAB's don't have them since they are supposed to be the newest version. I do have to say though that I'm a little disappointed in it. Online it looks fantastic, and even in pictures. However, all of the ornate details on it are painted on. I thought that it would be embroidered or something, but nope, it's all silkscreened on. The lighter green layer near the bottom of the dress doesn't go all the way around either, it stops halfway, so the back of the dress is much less detailed. It is a nice velvety fabric on top though. Another thing though, is that I just don't like how all BAB dresses are completely open in the back. It's like a medical gown with velcro. I would love it if they kept the skirt as one piece while having a velcro opening halfway down the back, like the TDS dresses.

Duffy's outfit was a surprise. The quality from Disney is good here. The jacket is fully lined with "satin", and feels hefty. Also, the embroidered buttons and details are nice, since they opt not to include real buttons. The only thing missing is the Mickey mark, but since those are only found on pants, it's understandable. The little shamrock "buttons" on the tails are a great substitute though, and the fact that they made it so the tails fit perfectly around his tail is a nice touch. This is one instance that I'm happy with a Disney Duffy costume. Sure, it could have come with shoes and pants, but this is a better effort than some of their other costumes.

Oh, and those pillows, I LOVE them! They are big, and super soft & squishy. Also the faces are just perfect. Such huggable pillows! I should have included them in the "favorite Duffy thing" topic!
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X