Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

My bears saw everyone else was getting their St Patty's Day on and wanted to join in the fun:

These are last year's outfits from BAB. The pants on Duffy's is from the Peter Pan costume (I didn't like the black shiny velvet pants that came with it).

Comment

Gurgi, that is the same dress I got for my Shellie May! I also didn't find it at my local BaB store. Again, they only had the white dress in store, so I ordered the green dress online.
      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
      sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have the 24" and the 28" Duffy? Which do you prefer? I'm thinking of getting a big pair of bears and leaving them au natural on my master bed, but I notice the 24" is the one available in the states and then Shellie May is 28" in Tokyo. Or I could pay the big price and get a 28" Duffy from Tokyo or that has been discontinued here so that he and Shellie May match. Or just get the 24" Duffy from here and be satisfied.

It seems like 28" might be too big. 24" is already significantly bigger than Duffy 17".

Comment

Aimster, they look great. The Peter Pan pants match well, and now that you mentioned it, I remembered that costume from last year with the black pants. Didn't it also come with a fake beard? I like how casual, but festive Duffy and ShellieMay look.

Oh, and do the Peter Pan pants have the Mickey mark on the butt?
          Meow

Comment

JillT, I've thought about doing that myself, but I have so little space right now I can't justify it. But, it sure would be fun.

One thing to think about too, is that the new 24" Duffy has the waffle fur and will not match ShellieMay's if you decide to get her. If you can afford it, go for both TDS large bears to match. But, if you can't, or can't think about shipping those from Japan either, I would just go with one big Duffy.
            Meow

Comment

If it were me I would get the 28" bears from TDS. I have the Shellie May 28" from TDS and the 28" Duffy from the US park before they stopped making them. The fur is the biggest turn off for me on the 24" bears from Disney store. But I also think the faces on the TDS bears are much nicer!
              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your advice. Yes, these bears do take up room, oh, and their outfits and accessories, I'm not even going to TALK about that

I looked at the photos that y'all were pasting awhile ago and can't tell the difference between the waffle fur and the other fur. I think it's one of those things I have to see in real life. I don't mind if the fur doesn't match as they are different colors anyway, but they both have the same theme and paws and I don't want Shellie May towering over Duffy.

Anyone else have an opinion on 24" vs. 28"? Is 28" too big (look werid?).

I'm totally addicted to these disney bears. Every time I see them in my house I think, "ooooo, you're just so CUTE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                  Gurgi, that is the same dress I got for my Shellie May! I also didn't find it at my local BaB store. Again, they only had the white dress in store, so I ordered the green dress online.
                  The version of last year's dress for this year has a sequined shamrock on the waist instead of the checked ribbon.

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                  Does anyone have the 24" and the 28" Duffy? Which do you prefer? I'm thinking of getting a big pair of bears and leaving them au natural on my master bed, but I notice the 24" is the one available in the states and then Shellie May is 28" in Tokyo. Or I could pay the big price and get a 28" Duffy from Tokyo or that has been discontinued here so that he and Shellie May match. Or just get the 24" Duffy from here and be satisfied.

It seems like 28" might be too big. 24" is already significantly bigger than Duffy 17".
                  I have a 28" Duffy. He's big, but fluffy and cuddly. He sits in a kid's size chair next to the rest of my Duffy collection. I've seen the 24" one at my local Disney Store (they finally got him in) and he's cute, but his fur kind of looks like shag carpet from the 70s. It's soft, but it's got this weird look to it.

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  Aimster, they look great. The Peter Pan pants match well, and now that you mentioned it, I remembered that costume from last year with the black pants. Didn't it also come with a fake beard? I like how casual, but festive Duffy and ShellieMay look.

Oh, and do the Peter Pan pants have the Mickey mark on the butt?
                  Yeah it came with a fake red beard attached to a hat. I'm going to try to alter the hat if I can as I want to try pulling off dressing Duffy as Dreamfinder for Halloween.

As for the Peter Pan pants... no they don't have the Mickey mark on the butt, but the back of the top does.

Comment

I have a 28" Duffy. He's big, but fluffy and cuddly. He sits in a kid's size chair next to the rest of my Duffy collection. I've seen the 24" one at my local Disney Store (they finally got him in) and he's cute, but his fur kind of looks like shag carpet from the 70s. It's soft, but it's got this weird look to it.

Shag carpet? Um, pass! That's probably a good analogy so I think I'll save up for the TDS 28" bears!
                    Last edited by JillT; 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

he couldnt figure out what to wear! so he decided to wear everything!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-12_19-24-05_888 (640x480).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	7348393

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        The version of last year's dress for this year has a sequined shamrock on the waist instead of the checked ribbon.
                        I like yours better, the current one isn't as cute looking. Plus this year's has some green tulle trim at the bottom...nah.

Yeah it came with a fake red beard attached to a hat. I'm going to try to alter the hat if I can as I want to try pulling off dressing Duffy as Dreamfinder for Halloween.
                        Oh, that would be perfect for Dreamfinder! It did look like his, if it had the moustache to go with it. Then, a little Figment plush on his arm...perfect!

As for the Peter Pan pants... no they don't have the Mickey mark on the butt, but the back of the top does.
                        Interesting. Is the mark brown, or green? I've not seen any of the US Mickey marks on the costumes, except for on the Sorcerer Mickey costume, which I have.
                        Meow

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post

Shag carpet? Um, pass! That's probably a good analogy so I think I'll save up for the TDS 28" bears!
                          Actually, yeah, shag carpet is a good analogy for what the new Duffy's fur looks like. Especially the larger plush, the fur is longer.
                          Meow

Comment

Originally posted by bebs View Post
                            he couldnt figure out what to wear! so he decided to wear everything!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27865[/ATTACH]
                            LOL, oh Duffy, you silly bear. Now you have to clean up your mess!
                            Meow

Comment

I like yours better, the current one isn't as cute looking. Plus this year's has some green tulle trim at the bottom...nah.
                              I have this year's BAB shamrock dress. I think it is cute because it reminds me of a summer sun dress. I also have the fancy celtic dress from 2 or 3 years ago.
                              Shellie May is living a life of secrecy for another couple months , so I cannot openly have her wear the outfits.

I've not seen any of the US Mickey marks on the costumes, except for on the Sorcerer Mickey costume, which I have.
                              I have the Sorcerer Mickey costume and it does not have the Mickey mark. I have the Santa outfit, that does.
                              Of the other outfits I have, only the China outfit covers his butt, and it does not have an embroidered Mickey head. The material is cheap though, and would likely not tolerate extra stitching.

Comment

Interesting. Is the mark brown, or green? I've not seen any of the US Mickey marks on the costumes, except for on the Sorcerer Mickey costume, which I have.
                                It's green, but it looks like it's hand-stitched, not embroidered like the others.

Comment

gurgi,
                                  could you post a picture of the Mickey mark on the Sorcerer costume?

Comment

I have to look at it. Now I'm not sure, since you said there wasn't. I might be confusing it with the sorcerer robes from TDS's 10th costumes. I'll check when I get home.
                                    Meow

Comment

It's the last day of this years "Sweet Duffy" and we're almost a week away from the start of "Spring Voyage", here is a charming greeting from Duffy, Mickey and Minnie, wishing all Duffeteers a very Happy White Day.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I've been sick all week, so I'm a little late getting our Sunday Braves games pictures up! But here they are! Shellie May's first baseball game! It was a Pirate and Princess theme that day and it was super fun!
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5715 (445x500).jpg
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	7348423Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6089 (500x333).jpg
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	7348424Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6092 (500x333).jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	7348425
                                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                                          I've been sick all week, so I'm a little late getting our Sunday Braves games pictures up! But here they are! Shellie May's first baseball game! It was a Pirate and Princess theme that day and it was super fun!
                                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]27908[/ATTACH]
                                          Shellie May looks like a big girl in this one!

Comment

Working...
                                          X