Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
    I thought Disney Store in the UK is also now selling Duffy?
    They definitely have some Duffy items, and the Duffy items in the US Disney store have several languages on them besides English and Spanish (which are the two most common out here). So I assume they are for international sale.

I don't see the 8" Duffy (how many cm is that?) in the UK Disney Store website this moment, but maybe he's temporarily out of stock. I know things go into and out of the US Disney Store website all the time.
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Has anyone ever won something from Build a Bear? I often dream at what I would do with all that cash if I won the offer off the receipt (the ones where you answer the survey).

Comment

Off of Duffy topic:
        New Mickey cartoon in French. Old-style. Reminds me of Epic Mickey.

Croissant de Triomphe | Mickey Mouse and Friends | Disney Video

Comment

Jumbo Duffy moved north from Florida and is a total couch potato bear!
          Really, Jumbo Duffy, you need TWO remotes?

The boys joined him.
          As I type this they are crunching on potato chips.
          I wonder if they’ll save any for me, because you know you can’t just eat one!

There seems to be a great migration of bears moving to Tennessee .
          I can see why; it is a great place to live!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 002 (426x640).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	7348463Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 004 (426x640).jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	7348464Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 005 (426x640).jpg
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	7348465Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 006 (640x427).jpg
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	7348466Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 007 (640x427).jpg
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	7348467Click image for larger version

Name:	jumbo duffy 008 (426x640).jpg
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	7348468

Comment

I love the photos, JillT, especially these three (3):
            Originally posted by JillT View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28046[/ATTACH]
            I hope Jumbo Duffy didn't mind the boys eating all of his potato chips--I mean, joining him on the couch to welcome him. Haha! I like the blanket (it is a blanket, right?) behind Jumbo Duffy with the two (2) bears on it. It's really pretty.

Comment

ZTRinZler: I hope Jumbo Duffy didn't mind the boys eating all of his potato chips--I mean, joining him on the couch to welcome him. Haha! I like the blanket (it is a blanket, right?) behind Jumbo Duffy with the two (2) bears on it. It's really pretty.

Jumbo Duffy, like the other Duffy bears, is so good natured that nothing phases him. I ate most of the potato chips already, which is why he had to dig down to find some. Yes, my friend, Opal, who just recently passed away at the age of 93, got me that blanket because she knows I like bears. I don't know how she matched it so well to my couch since she had never seen it before (lives in northern California). It is a really soft fleece. So it's usually a toss up for me, either that or one of the afghans my Mom crocheted (which also have sentimental value).

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                Jumbo Duffy, like the other Duffy bears, is so good natured that nothing phases him. I ate most of the potato chips already, which is why he had to dig down to find some. Yes, my friend, Opal, who just recently passed away at the age of 93, got me that blanket because she knows I like bears. I don't know how she matched it so well to my couch since she had never seen it before (lives in northern California). It is a really soft fleece. So it's usually a toss up for me, either that or one of the afghans my Mom crocheted (which also have sentimental value).
                I'm sorry about your friend Ms. Opal's passing. She picked a lovely blanket and did a wonderful job matching it to your couch's decor. The story behind your blanket is a very heartwarming one, and I appreciate you sharing it. Thank you, JillT.

Comment

I'm sorry about your friend Ms. Opal's passing. She picked a lovely blanket and did a wonderful job matching it to your couch's decor. The story behind your blanket is a very heartwarming one, and I appreciate you sharing it

She lived a very active life, and I met her on a vacation in 1996 when we got paired up as roommates. She was my role model for when I get older and I called her #1 travelling buddy. She was a retired schoolteacher (the fun type, I'm sure, she taught 6th grade and had a zest about her that I can imagine her being well liked), had lived in several places in the U.S., but mostly in northern CA, and had travelled alot, plus had a great sense of humor and was very knowledgeable about things especially since she lived through the Great Depression. I had seen her a few times since then, and she was alert until a few months ago, although she didn't drive past her mid 80's, but was still self-sufficient until a year and a half ago, when she was STILL alert but had a heart problem and was staying with her daughter and son-in-law next door. So I have fond memories of her and think of her when I use the blanket and I thought of her when I used it when she was still alive. When I posted the photo I was sort of like, "this one's for YOU, Opal" in my head.
                  Last edited by JillT; 03-19-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Too fun, JillT! My 12" Duffy CAME from Tennessee! Opal sounds so sweet!
                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Wow, she was undoubtedly a great person. She makes me cherish my grandparents and my great aunts and uncles that much more.

Comment

I have been having trouble posting my photos recently, although I've never had a problem before, so I'm a little late getting these pictures up!

We went to Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Sunday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! We had a great time, bears in tow!

We found a double bear sized chair!

Name:	IMG_6490 (400x600).jpg
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	7348472
                        Then we tried to fly to Oz in a runaway hot air balloon! Don't worry! We were okay!

Name:	IMG_6632 (400x600).jpg
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	7348473
                        Big Duffy was so happy to see Shellie May! He wanted to dance with her!

Name:	IMG_6658 (542x600).jpg
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	7348474

Name:	IMG_6660 (481x600) (401x500).jpg
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	7348475
                        Then he gave her nose kisses!

Name:	IMG_6662 (525x600).jpg
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	7348476
                        Duffy and Shellie May posed for their picture with Big Duffy!

Name:	IMG_6668 (400x600).jpg
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	7348477
                        Shellie May visited the Japan pavilion and asked when we would go back to Japan as a family. I told her I hoped soon...

Name:	IMG_6949 (367x600).jpg
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	7348478
                        Look at the adorable tree trunk chair we found! With a strange little friend in the background.

Name:	IMG_6962 (600x400).jpg
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	7348479

Name:	IMG_6963 (600x400).jpg
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	7348480
                        We brought home a new Duffy friend! This little guy literally jumped off the shelf at us, so of course we had to take him home!

Name:	IMG_7058 (600x400).jpg
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	7348481
                        Then Duffy had to have the new Mickey costume! It's very cute in person!

Name:	IMG_7062 (400x600).jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	7348482
                        We can't wait to get our new Spring Voyage items! Hopefully in time for Easter so we can get pictures that weekend!
                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post

Then we tried to fly to Oz in a runaway hot air balloon! Don't worry! We were okay!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28053[/ATTACH]
                          Big Duffy was so happy to see Shellie May! He wanted to dance with her!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28055[/ATTACH]
                          Then he gave her nose kisses!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28056[/ATTACH]

I love the pictures of them in the hot air balloon and how happy Duffy is to see Shellie May! Adorable!

Comment

Thanks, JillT! I love how happy Duffy is when we go to see him. We are quickly becoming regular Duffy "stalkers"! We're getting to know the cast members who normally work with Duffy. We are there at least 2 weekends a month!
                            Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                            sigpic

Comment

Aww, I love the pictures with Big Duffy and Shellie. And your new Flower and Garden Duffy has a very cute face.

Comment

Naelyan, I too have had trouble uploading my photos to MiceChat. I was so tired on St. Patty's Day that when I was finally able to upload one (1) photo, I just left it at that. But your photos were well worth the wait. They are just too cute! Way too cute! I love the photo of Duffy in his Mickey Mouse costume with Pluto. The costume looks really nice and, in my opinion, looks better than BAB's. I think Disney did a good job. It's too bad they're not offering a Minnie Mouse costume.

Comment

ZTRinZler-I really like the Mickey costume! I was surprised at how cute it turned out! But I have two problems with it. I really wish it had a tail! And the Pluto has no way to attach him to Duffy so he can carry him! I would have thought that a small elastic band to loop around Duffy's paw would have been added, but it's totally separate! But I still think it's cute. Too bad there's not a Minnie costume, but I don't like the BaB mouse costumes, so I will not be getting that. I did find a Minnie Mouse dress, so I may go that route.
                                  Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                  sigpic

Comment

You all have such cute photos. I'm not good attesting photos. It takes me hours to post.
                                    thank you for posting
                                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                                      You all have such cute photos. I'm not good attesting photos. It takes me hours to post.
                                      thank you for posting

Well, you have an avatar and I haven't been able to do that so you do get some credit

So is 11 hours away from TDR still in Japan or do you mean 11 hours by plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                                        ZTRinZler-I really like the Mickey costume! I was surprised at how cute it turned out! But I have two problems with it. I really wish it had a tail! And the Pluto has no way to attach him to Duffy so he can carry him! I would have thought that a small elastic band to loop around Duffy's paw would have been added, but it's totally separate! But I still think it's cute. Too bad there's not a Minnie costume, but I don't like the BaB mouse costumes, so I will not be getting that. I did find a Minnie Mouse dress, so I may go that route.
                                        Well, that sucks that Disney didn't include a (detachable) leash for Pluto to make it easier for Duffy to carry him. As for the tail...well, maybe Disney didn't want to hide Duffy's tail or decided Duffy's tail would suffice for Mickey's tail. :shy: I don't know. Oh well, I guess I still give them an A-. The costume still looks very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                        X