Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

I found out from a friend of mine who is a CM at Epcot that the pic the Photopass photographer took of my bears in the Oz balloon last month made the Epcot Photopass Photos of the Week for that week!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      I found out from a friend of mine who is a CM at Epcot that the pic the Photopass photographer took of my bears in the Oz balloon last month made the Epcot Photopass Photos of the Week for that week!

Woohoo!! Congratulations, aimster!! :yea: Maybe they should rename the photo attraction Duffy (and/ore Shellie May) the Great and Powerful.

Comment

To celebrate the first, official day of spring (in the northern hemisphere), Shellie May made an origami lily. We hope everyone had a bright, sunny, and warm first day of spring!

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
          To celebrate the first, official day of spring (in the northern hemisphere), Shellie May made an origami lily. We hope everyone had a bright, sunny, and warm first day of spring!
          WAY COOL! Did you really make that? Cute idea!

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
            WAY COOL! Did you really make that? Cute idea!
            Yep, I sure did.

Comment

Yep, I sure did.
              Wow, you are talented! I'm looking forward to taking Duffy and Shellie May to our Cherry Blossom Festival sometime. I went last year; their custom kimonos just arrived but I have other plans this Saturday, the day of the festival. The funny thing is that while they had 2 Japanese men playing Japanese type guitars (I'm sorry to say I don't know what they are called), they also imported a Japanese lady to sing our country and folk song in Japanese! Um, okay, I know this is Nashville but this IS the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival, right, and I don't think translating our country and folk songs (i.e., "Me and Bobby McGee", a 7 minute horrible song) into Japanese quite cuts it!

Comment

Yesterday, Duffy & I went to our first Spring Training baseball game of the year. We drove to Lakeland to see our Tampa Bay Rays play the Detroit Tigers.

Duffy took my phone and tried taking a photo of himself...

This wasn't just a strawberry sundae... it was STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SUNDAE!!

The Rays won 11-5! our DH, Luke Scott, hit a grand slam! :yea:

After the game, we went back to my parents house (they live like a 10-15 minute walk to the ballpark), so Duffy could visit with his cousins (my mom's Duffys) for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                  Wow, you are talented! I'm looking forward to taking Duffy and Shellie May to our Cherry Blossom Festival sometime. I went last year; their custom kimonos just arrived but I have other plans this Saturday, the day of the festival. The funny thing is that while they had 2 Japanese men playing Japanese type guitars (I'm sorry to say I don't know what they are called), they also imported a Japanese lady to sing our country and folk song in Japanese! Um, okay, I know this is Nashville but this IS the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival, right, and I don't think translating our country and folk songs (i.e., "Me and Bobby McGee", a 7 minute horrible song) into Japanese quite cuts it!
                  Well, that sounds...:unsure:...er...interesting. At least the spirit is there. I know this is crazy given my response, but I hope they do that again this year, so that if you do make it to the Cherry Blossom Festival, you can record a video and post it for us to see.

Comment

Aimster, I always :love: your photos. I will admit that baseball never really sparked my interest, but your and Naelyan's photos have definitely sparked my interest. I need to go to a game or two (2) and take Duffy and/or Shellie May. Oh, and I especially love these two (2) photos. I can't wait for the strawberry festival.
                    Originally posted by aimster View Post

Comment

Aimster, what is the necklace that Duffy is wearing in the photo with his Duffy cousins? ILG

Comment

• Maybe I could sit on it, he reasoned. What to do? What to do?The Avengers
                        Wait a minute
                        Well, okay then.

Meanwhile, Shellie was nestled on a pillow busy watching Cougar Townmy ear buds!my chocolates!Cougar Townfriend

Comment

ZTRinZler: Great narrative and pics. I was laughing out loud.

Comment

Congratulations, Aimster! Your bears are FAMOUS!

Dying...of...cuteness...
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                              Aimster, what is the necklace that Duffy is wearing in the photo with his Duffy cousins? ILG
                              It's from TDS' 10th anniversary. The theme was "Be Magical!" and for Duffy and Shellie May, they had these pendant necklaces that were of a magic wand with each bear's head on it.

Comment

I know this will sound crazy. I'm guessing the TDS 10th anniversary wasn't 20 years ago; otherwise, why would there be Duffy and Shellie May items, since they aren't that old. Then what is the 30th anniversary?

I'm so confused.
                                Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 03-21-2013, 05:53 AM. Reason: more confusion!

Comment

LOL, no you're not crazy. Basically, they celebrate each park's anniversary, but often include the whole resort in on it. So, Tokyo DisneySea opened in 2001, and the 10th anniversary "Be Magical!" happened in 2011. But, the 30th that is this year is for Tokyo Disneyland, which opened in 1983.

The US parks have done this too, make it a resort-wide celebration. Disneyland did it for it's 50th, and even got some of the worldwide resorts to celebrate too. Walt Disney World did it in 1996 for the 25th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom, but all the parks celebrated.
                                  Meow

Comment

thank you for that clear explanation.

Comment

Oh, and I really love this thread. It's been going consistently since it started and everyone posts such great photos and stories.
                                      Meow

Comment

25th at WDW = Pepto Bismol Castle Cake of DOOM. :yuck:

Comment

Aimster, I want to add my Congrats to you on the Epcot Photo!

Gurgi, thanks for that "anniversary" explanation. I really needed that!

And ZtrinZler, thanks for the amusing story and fun pics!

Comment

Working...
                                          X