Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Are the dimensions of the suitcases ~ 4.75" x 5.5" x 2.25"?
    I have a metal lunchbox (Curious George) this size and it looks about the same in comparison. Mine is all sun faded from sitting in the window.

We got the pink car seat at the BAB store. It fits well in the recess in the back seat where the arm rest is when not laying down. Doesn't strap in, but wedges quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
      Are the dimensions of the suitcases ~ 4.75" x 5.5" x 2.25"?
      I have a metal lunchbox (Curious George) this size and it looks about the same in comparison. Mine is all sun faded from sitting in the window.

We got the pink car seat at the BAB store. It fits well in the recess in the back seat where the arm rest is when not laying down. Doesn't strap in, but wedges quite nicely.
      The suitcase has a cute elastic strap inside to hold things but it's not big enough to actually carry their clothes. I put some rubber bands in there and a few of Shellie May's treasured bows, and then the pawsport in Duffy's. Mostly it's for looks, not as functional as you'd think, especially for MY bears which like alot of the bears on this forum who are well loved and well traveled, are clothes horses.

The measurements are 4" x 3" x 1/2".

Comment

JillT, I loved all your photos, but I especially adored

Originally posted by JillT View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]28257[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28260[/ATTACH]
        Travel buddies! Way, way, way too cute!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28291[/ATTACH]
        "Let us in! Let us in!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28296[/ATTACH]
        "We're so tired. Can't you carry us?...No wait, let us out! Let us out!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28293[/ATTACH]
        Welcome to the family!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28294[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28295[/ATTACH]
        These two (2) are just so artistic. I like the huge BAB circle contrasted against the bears and their loot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28297[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28298[/ATTACH]
        Wow, Shellie May is awfully brave to let the cat sniff the top of her head with its mouth open like that. Then again, if I were her, I guess I'd be pretty calm and brave too if my friend Duffy proved to be a cat whisperer. By the way, about what did Duffy and the cat converse?

Originally posted by JillT
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]28299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28301[/ATTACH]
        Adorable!

Originally posted by JillT
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]28302[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28305[/ATTACH]
        They're in the freezer! :roll: Haha! They are actually in the freezer. J'adore. :love:And look at Shellie May being healthy. (sigh) Oh, pizza, how I wish I could eat you right now. Tuesday, April 2. I just have to make it to Tuesday, April 2, and then I am going to chow down on some pizza...and donuts...and bread.

Comment

ZTRinZler: "Let us in! Let us in!"

These two (2) are just so artistic. I like the huge BAB circle contrasted against the bears and their loot.

Wow, Shellie May is awfully brave to let the cat sniff the top of her head with its mouth open like that. Then again, if I were her, I guess I'd be pretty calm and brave too if my friend Duffy proved to be a cat whisperer. By the way, about what did Duffy and the cat converse?

They're in the freezer! :roll: Haha! They are actually in the freezer. QUOTE]

Hi, ZTRinZler:

Yes, waiting for Build A Bear to open reminded me of standing in line for concert tickets! The pictures of them with their loot got some strange looks as well as the pictures of the bears welcoming Bearami. Two older women were purchasing overalls for a horse for a 1 year old grandson, and they kept staring at me and I just laughed and said, "I'm an adult, I promise." One of them said, "could have fooled me," and one of them said, "you promise, REALLY?!?!" I held up the bears and said, "if you had a Duffy and a Shellie May they'd melt your heart and you'd turn into a kid again, too!" but I said it nicely with a grin like how can you resist? Even one of the employees thought I was strange taking the picture outside with the gate still down. I'm like, "geez, this is Build a Bear, I'd think NOTHING would phase you."

My sister's cat was like, "hmmm, I heard you wear bows, why no bows today?"
          Duffy was the one who was sort of startled with the cat in his face like that, but yes, they carried on a conversation but since I'm not versed in the language of CAT, I don't know what they had in common to talk about.

And yes, they were in the freezer but #1) that's why they had their hats on again and #2) they are clean and I bought the pizzas they touched anyway, and because it was early in the day while everyone was on their way to work, nobody was down that aisle to ban me ha ha. I was sort of self-conscious and looked to make sure nobody was coming down the aisle. Some 18-20 year old came down the drink aisle with a pallet while I was taking the photo of Shellie May pointing out that the UNsweetened tea was on sale, but he didn't even look twice so that was nice. I guess he didn't care...and also didn't roll his eyes humoring me, just honestly didn't care ha ha.
          Last edited by JillT; 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

And yes, they were in the freezer but #1) that's why they had their hats on again and #2) they are clean and I bought the pizzas they touched anyway, and because it was early in the day while everyone was on their way to work, nobody was down that aisle to ban me ha ha. I was sort of self-conscious and looked to make sure nobody was coming down the aisle. Some 18-20 year old came down the drink aisle with a pallet while I was taking the photo of Shellie May pointing out that the UNsweetened tea was on sale, but he didn't even look twice so that was nice. I guess he didn't care...and also didn't roll his eyes humoring me, just honestly didn't care ha ha.
            The freezer pictures are so awesome. They're the kind of quirky photos I'd love to have, but not sure I could take myself because I wouldn't have the guts to do so. I will admit that my second thought after seeing your photos was "Oh my gosh, I hope JillT didn't get in trouble," so I'm glad to know you didn't. I can understand a sales associate's cause for concern; however, the bears were on the box and last I checked, people don't eat the pizza boxes...well, not unless they suffer from pica or similar illnesses.

Comment

My thought was that people would think she is crazy. I don't think anyone would understand.
              ...obvious by the old bittys at BAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                My thought was that people would think she is crazy. I don't think anyone would understand.
                ...obvious by the old bittys at BAB.
                My sister sent me a panicked email a couple of weeks ago saying, "you're not going to take the bears out in public when you are with me, right? RIGHT?!?!?!" I said, no, I won't force them on her, and I also wouldn't take them on a group outing like a cave tour, a historic mansion tour, etc. where I'm distracting people from listening to the docent or delaying the tour while I snap my photos, but luckily, I lost my cool quotient long ago so for photo ops I can setup independently, I don't really care what people think (in a casual shrugging my shoulders way, not being snotty). I've only sent my sister a couple of bear pics because she's not into it, but I have two friends who enjoy it even if one of them thinks I'm slightly off my rocker (loulou as my sister calls it, that's Hawaiian for "crazy") my friend says it's a harmless hobby, and the other who actually instigates it a bit (we play board games for prizes and she says next time we get together she'll have a few prizes I can use for bear stage props as I only see her twice a year when I'm up there).

Also, I figure what's worse, my clean bears who have led very sheltered lives so far (I disinfected and wiped the mailbox before I put Duffy in it), or someone coming in from god knows where touching the pizzas, but I can see how it would set a precedent for someone with their 3 year old's grungy bear dragging on the floor and then pretending to eat, so I try to take my pictures with some common sense (plus I figured I'd tell them I'm buying these boxes if they asked).

Comment

Monday was the first night of PesachKadesh as Duffy recited the kiddushUrchatz) then sat back down at the table. As Tigger and Levi read the Haggadah, Tigger instructed Levi on how to perform the KarpasHaggadah passed to Snowflake and Jorgen. Snowflake explained that the next portion of the Seder was Yachatz and asked Jorgen to break the middle piece of matzah in two (2).

Jorgen happily obliged roaring as he split the middle matzah.

Snowflake placed the smaller of the two (2) pieces back onto the Seder plate, between the first and third pieces of matzah, while D.B. wrapped the larger piece, the afikoman, and hid it for Shellie May, Ragan, Jorgen, and Levi to find later in the evening.

D.B. and Jack McDuff raised the Seder plate to signify the beginning of the Maggid Ma NishtinahPesachPesachchametz, leavened foods and products, and kitniyot, foods and products similar to chametzPesach PesachHaggadah to Shellie May, and she gleefully read DayeinuDayeinuDadayeinu! Dadayeinu! Dadayeinu! Dayeinu! Dayeinu! Dayeinu!kiddush for the second cup of wine; Rachtzah, or blessing for the second hand washing; Motzi, the blessing for the bread/beginning of a meal; and Matzah, the blessing for the top and bottom matzah portions and the eating of the matzah sandwich.

Shellie May handed the Haggadah to Jamilah and Ragan. As Jamilah recited the blessing for the Maror (bitter herbs) and the Korech (sandwich comprised of the bottom matzah and the bitter herbs), Ragan dipped the horseradish and romaine lettuce in the charoset and ate the bitter herbs. Then, she assembled the sandwich of matzah, charosetShulchan Orechafikomanafikoman into 10 pieces,

so that everyone could participate in Tzarfun, the eating of the afikoman.

Of course, every winner deserves a prize, and what did little Jorgen get? His own personal stash of kosher for Passover chocolates and Bazooka bubblegum!

Snowflake led the Barech, the blessing for the third cup of the wine after the meal and the blessing for the cup of wine for Eliahu HaNavi, Elijah the Prophet.

While everyone sipped from the third cup, Snowflake and Shellie May opened the door and peeked to see if Elijah was there.

D.B. recited the blessing for the fourth and final cup of wine, HallelChad GadyaEchad Mi YodeaNirtzahChad Gad-ya-ah-ah-ah! Chad Gadya!

Comment

Well done ZTR. If only I knew how to read and pronounce all of those words! My daughter's favorite photo is of little Jorgen with his prize treats.

Comment

I just noticed Shellie May is wearing one of my aunt's dresses! It looks good on her! Glad it's getting some use! I kept one of that pattern for myself.

Woodfield Mall.... I grew up in west Michigan, so we'd take weekend or even day trips to Chicago when I was a kid and we'd go to Woodfield Mall often. We'd do a lot of my school clothes shopping there because my mom wanted me to have stuff that was different from everyone else's. I remember being impressed with the full-size McDonald's right there in the mall (it was the 80s & that stuff was really unique back then).

Duffy & I went to WDW yesterday. Photos are uploading, so I'll get them posted in a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        I just noticed Shellie May is wearing one of my aunt's dresses! It looks good on her! Glad it's getting some use! I kept one of that pattern for myself.
                        Shellie May loves that dress. It's one (1) of her favorites.

Comment

I love that dress too! We noticed it while looking at the photos. Kudos to your Aunt, Aimster.

Comment

Yes, in those pictures I can se that Shellie May's dress is green. You have a talented Aunt, Aimster.

That was very informative ZTRinZler and I appreciate you educating us on all the steps.

The full size McDonald's is no longer there, Aimster, but I do remember it; it's been gone for several years. I've been to western Michigan like Holland for the tulip festival (as a child and as an adult in 2007), and to Frankenmuth, to Battle Creek for the Kellogg's factory which gave tours when I was little and then we went to the bird sanctuary, and also to Grand Haven where they had a big colored lit up water show at night, oh, and some water parks but I don't remember where those were; they had slides that went into Lake Michigan. Woodfield Mall is supposedly the most visited site in all of Illinois, which I found surprising because it's out of the city a bit so not everyone would have transportation, or put it as a high priority, and there is no bus or metra train line directly there...

Comment

OOOh I know Frankenmuth! I love Bronners!

Comment

The full size McDonald's is no longer there, Aimster, but I do remember it; it's been gone for several years. I've been to western Michigan like Holland for the tulip festival (as a child and as an adult in 2007), and to Frankenmuth, to Battle Creek for the Kellogg's factory which gave tours when I was little and then we went to the bird sanctuary, and also to Grand Haven where they had a big colored lit up water show at night, oh, and some water parks but I don't remember where those were; they had slides that went into Lake Michigan. Woodfield Mall is supposedly the most visited site in all of Illinois, which I found surprising because it's out of the city a bit so not everyone would have transportation, or put it as a high priority, and there is no bus or metra train line directly there...

Comment

Aimster, I love the picture of Duffy letting himself into the Magic Kingdom with his new pass, and the one of him rubbing the magic lamp.

The picture of him spinning the teacups is quite a sharp image for being so close (micro macro mode?)

Comment

Aimster, awesome! You know, I live vicariously between you and Naelyan.
                                    We went on Captain EO. My daughter commented that , "that man sounds like a girl." My husband thought that was the funniest moment of our trip.
                                    I love The Land. The boat ride is my favorite.

Thank you for sharing your fun day. It makes me happy.

Comment

Aimster, I love the picture of Duffy letting himself into the Magic Kingdom with his new pass, and the one of him rubbing the magic lamp.

The picture of him spinning the teacups is quite a sharp image for being so close (micro macro mode?)
                                      Those were just test turnstiles in The Odessy, not the actual gates. They were just set up so you could test your new AP to make sure it works.

the teacups photo I took with my iPhone. No special filters.

Comment

Well, thanks to March Madness (yuck), no new Big Bang Theory this week...
                                        I know how you feel. (Knock, knock, knock!) "Penny!" (Knock, knock, knock!) "Penny!" (Knock, knock, knock!) "Penny!"

♪♫ It's the circle of liiiiiife... ♪♫

Mater!

And Lightning McQueen!
                                        Oh, the sculptures are so pretty! I wish I were there.

... I picked Goofy as he's my favorite of those choices. The CM who processed my new pass went nuts of Duffy and insisted on holding him throughout it... so Duffy got to help process my new AP! :lol:...

Duffy got to christen the new AP at one of the test things they had set up. It was pretty cool to do!
                                        I :love: Duffy being the CM who processed your AP and getting to christen your AP. Too cute!

Back in the park, we went to see big Duffy...The kid in front of me had a "My First Duffy" and had big Duffy sign it!
                                        That was too cute of Big Duffy! It's official: he's a rock star. "Sign my baby!"

The Disney Traders shop (aka the Duffy store) had some work done recently, and the walls are now down. They put these cute Duffy graphics on the windows! In the shop, saw this guy on the shelf. He had a REALLY cute face!
                                        His face is gorgeous. Did ya get him? I hope they have just as nice Duffies at my Disney Store when it reopens soon. I already have a name picked out for my newest Duffy.

Oooh! A magic lamp! Maybe a genie will grant me a wish!
                                        Well, I'd say it was a magic lamp, as Duffy got his own horse when he rode the carousel.

He's a hugger!

This guy is just Dopey...
                                        :lmao:

Duffy found... a whole bunch of Nemos!
                                        Awe...adorable. Too bad there wasn't a flapjack octopus in the aquarium. It would have been nice to see someone ink.

Rode the carousel and once again, Duffy got his own horse!

Your Duffy seems to have all the luck. If I didn't know better, I'd wager he has a magic lamp hidden in his pockets.

Despite the cold, we took a spin on Dunbo as it was a short wait for a change.
                                        I like the lighting behind Duffy. So cool.
                                        Last edited by ZTRinZler; 03-28-2013, 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed a few grammatical errors.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                                          He's face is gorgeous. Did ya get him? I hope they have just as nice Duffies at my Disney Store when it reopens soon. I already have a name picked out for my newest Duffy.
                                          No I didn't get him. I really have no more room for any new bears. I thought about it, but then put him back because I didn't want to carry around another bear with me all day. I had parked at the Magic Kingdom and took the monorail to Epcot. And I was parked WAY in the back of the MK parking lot, so there was no way I was going back to the car until it was time to go home.

Comment

Working...
                                          X