Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy and Shellie May at a Passover Seder...well, now I HAVE seen everything! Thanks for that, ZTRinZler. Adorable AND educational.

Thanks for "showing" us the Flower and Garden Festival, Aimster! You get the best poses with your Duffy. He seems to have more fun (and more of a social life) than I do, but ah well. How was the alcohol content in the spiked Dole Whip? I don't really drink but I'd be tempted to try it if they make that a regular...

The "Nemo" picture is too funny too!
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

They don't put a ton of rum on the Dole Whip, but enough so you can taste it. It was pretty good.

Comment

The carousel horse your Duffy rode aimster, is the same horse I rode when first visited WDW in 1985. Back then his armor was all silver. None of the horses at DL have that kind of armor so I was totally enchanted. When I returned in 1997, I couldn't believe they repainted him.

Comment

There were other horses on the carousel with armor, not just this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
            Aimster, awesome! You know, I live vicariously between you and Naelyan.

I love The Land. The boat ride is my favorite.
            I'm glad that our pictures bring people joy! And I too love the boat ride in The Land! I like to go at different times of year to see what's growing in the green house!

We got our Spring Voyage package from our friend in Japan a few days ago! Duffy and Shellie May were very excited by such a big box!

"This is the biggest box yet!"
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7364 (550x367).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	7348693
            "What's inside?!"

Name:	IMG_7365 (550x367).jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	7348694
            "We got new outfits!!!"

Name:	IMG_7366 (550x367).jpg
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	7348695
            Both bears agree, "We like this years Spring Voyage outfits better than last years!"

Name:	IMG_7368 (550x367).jpg
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	7348696
            "This bag is just for me! It's too girlie for you, Duffy!"

Name:	IMG_7369 (550x367).jpg
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	7348698
            "Look, Shellie May! This bag is big enough for both of us to fit! And we have room for other goodies!"

Name:	IMG_7370 (550x367).jpg
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	7348699
            "We got a thermos, too! It was a surprise gift from our friend!"

Name:	IMG_7375 (367x550).jpg
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	7348700
            "I have a suitcase that is bear size!"

Name:	IMG_7376 (367x550).jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	7348701
            "And mommy got a parasol to keep the sun off!"

Name:	IMG_7377 (367x550).jpg
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	7348702
            "...As well as some tags with our pictures on them!"

Name:	IMG_7374 (367x550).jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	7348703
            "New friends! This is the best package yet!"

Name:	IMG_7373 (550x367).jpg
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	7348697
            Last edited by Naelyan; 03-29-2013, 10:49 AM.
            Luv Duffy & Shellie May
            sigpic

Comment

Is that a custom made Alice in Wonderland only in pink instead of blue costume that Shellie May is wearing? I have the blue one. It's really detailed! Your Disney bears have the most relatives, I think. Now you'll have to update your photo of them all. That was quite a loot.

The only thing I'm not fond of is when Disney releases shoes where one has the event name and one has the paw pads. I wish it was all one or the other. Duffy's blue boots from his Wizard outfit are like that (Be Magical) and Shellie May's are the wrong shade of pink and don't match her Wizard outfit so I'm going to dress her in some other footwear when she gets around to wearing that ensemble.

Comment

OMG, Naelyan, I love your Spring Voyage pictures of the bears with their new SV stuff! So many great things! The luggage tags are even cuter close up. I hope you all are enjoying it.

Oh, and i thought I was the only one cursing March Madness for making me miss my Big Bang Theory!

Comment

JillT-It is a handmade dress from Japan. I'm not sure if it's specifically suppose to be Alice in Wonderland, but I have another handmade outfit in blue/white/black that is. I just haven't gotten around to posting pictures of that one yet!

The lounge in my bedroom is getting quite crowded now! I have to rearrange them all to make them more comfortable and then take another picture!
                  Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                    JillT-It is a handmade dress from Japan. I'm not sure if it's specifically suppose to be Alice in Wonderland, but I have another handmade outfit in blue/white/black that is. I just haven't gotten around to posting pictures of that one yet!

The lounge in my bedroom is getting quite crowded now! I have to rearrange them all to make them more comfortable and then take another picture!
                    Great minds think alike, Naelyan. That's what I meant, a handmade custom costume and mine is from Japan as well except it's light blue and IS labeled as Alice in Wonderland and has the little key like when she fell down the rabbit hole and opened that tiny door. Some of these designers are really talented; I wonder if they actually majored in fashion in school.

I wish I could find the crocheted version of Duffy and Shellie May, but not the ones where they had a Christmas outfit, just the plain ones. Alas, my contacts say their search was in vain.

My Disney bears are on one shelf but 17" Duffy and Shellie May move around alot, and then I have Jumbo Duffy on my master bed so I am never far from seeing their cute faces!

Comment

I loved all the photos you posted showing your Spring Voyage loot, but I especially :love: these two (2):
                      Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                      "Look, Shellie May! This bag is big enough for both of us to fit! And we have room for other goodies!"
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28558[/ATTACH]
                      "New friends! This is the best package yet!"
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28556[/ATTACH]
                      I also like Shellie May's custom pink and white dress. Your smiling Duffy and Shellie May look so beautiful. I can't wait for my smiling Shellie May to come home.

Comment

Ok I'm even more anxious/excited to get my Spring Voyage travel set now!

Comment

Thanks, ZTRinZler! I :love::love::love: the smiling bears! Smiling Shellie May just makes my heart melt!
                          And the blue ruffle bloomers on the 17" Shellie May outfit are ADORABLE!! Her little tushy looks so cute in them!
                          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                          sigpic

Comment

Is there a difference between calling them Sweet Duffy/Sweet Shellie May and Smiling Duffy/Smiling Shellie May? The regular bears are smiling, and I thought sweet was the defining word used when they have their mouths open and their tongue showing a little bit.

Comment

I associate "Sweet Duffy" with the park event with the same name.

Comment

What a great haul, Naelyan! Your Duffy family just exploded in size! :love:

I've never heard them called "Sweet" but that's a cute name. I do think of the "Sweet Duffy" event, but "Sweet Shellie May" could work.

I used to call mine "Smiling Shellie May" but that was too unwieldy, and she's likely to be my largest Shellie May. So I just call her "Shellie May."

"SS" is the size of the bear, but I do not like the World War II connotation of those two letters together for an English audience. Spelling out "Super Small" (?) doesn't work for me because that sounds as small or smaller than "Tiny" and I have "Tiny Duffy" and "Tiny Shellie May" (magnet bears).
                                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

If I had the smiling bears, I'd probably call them "Little Duffy" and "Little Shellie May". I call my magnets, keychains & strap from HKDL "Dinky Duffys"

Comment

Today I took Duffy, Dated Duffy, and Little Buddy to the Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway. Shellie May opted to stay behind and get some beauty sleep. Duffy loves his Cars slippers and since were going to the Indy 500 Museum I didn't have the heart to tell him that slippers are normally only worn around the house.

Duffy brought his hand puppet to amuse Dated Duffy and Little Buddy. When they got bored with that they passed the etch-a-sketch back and forth and tried to identify what each other drew.

The Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway was constructed in 1909 and the first race took place in 1911, with 40 cars. In the early 1900's Indianapolis had many successful car manufacturers in operation but the dirt roads could not prove the performance and capabilities of the autos. The cars were advancing faster than the road system. So they built the racetrack and welcomed spectators to see what the cars could do. Now it's a thoroughbred race with drivers from around the world, whereas Nascar is cars with a regular body but souped up mechanics inside.

The Indianapolis 500 race is 500 miles around a 2.25 mile track and attracts the most visitors of any nationwide sport. The Super Bowl attracts about 70,000 people; the Indy 500 attracts 300,000-400,000, but they have the parking designed so well it never takes people more than a half hour to get out and on their merry way after the festivities.

There are only certain days that have the deluxe ground tour so I made sure to have reservations when it was available. The admission included the museum, a film, and not only a ride around the track (on normal non-race days) but a 90 minute tour where we got out in several spots. It was very informative and I also received a book and a souvenir giant pin.

There was still some snow on the ground but Duffy is so over it! Little Buddy and Dated Duffy had never seen snow but this was a hard packed ice slide to them and their buttocks froze quickly!

Duffy noticed a pink car. "Hmmm, I think even Shellie May would like THAT one," he said.

The highlight of the day was the racecar they were allowed to climb on. Duffy really has his eye on the jeep, though.

Name:	indy 500 002 (640x427).jpg
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	7348710Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 003 (640x427).jpg
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	7348711Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 053.jpg
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	7348712Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 054 (640x427).jpg
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	7348713Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 057 (640x426).jpg
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	7348714Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 059 (640x427).jpg
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	7348715Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 144 (640x427).jpg
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	7348716 Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 148 (640x427).jpg
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	7348717Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 150 (640x427).jpg
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	7348718Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 151 (640x427).jpg
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	7348719Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 153 (640x427).jpg
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	7348720Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 161 (640x427).jpg
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	7348721Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 162 (640x427).jpg
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	7348722Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 164 (640x427).jpg
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	7348723Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 165 (426x640).jpg
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	7348724Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 166 (640x427).jpg
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	7348725Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 167 (426x640).jpg
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	7348726Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 173 (640x428).jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	7348727
                                    Last edited by JillT; 03-30-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Duffy is fascinated with the sport of racing and wants to learn to drive. He thinks he's
                                      a gearhead now.

“Um, Duffy, that’s going to be difficult since you are only 17”tall and can’t see over the hood, don’t you
                                      think?”

He stood on the steering wheel.

“So, okay, now how are you going to reach the gas pedal and brake? Why don’t I buy a car
                                      suited to your size?”

Look, I found a jeep for him! That will be perfect for off-roading, too!

“Duffy, it’sillegal to drive in slippers. Go put on some hard soled shoes, and no flip
                                      flops or sandals either.”

I think heneeds more practice! He’s not staying on his side of the road very well!
                                      Thankfully this is a side street or he would get run over by oncoming traffic!
                                      I’m not going to even attempt to show him parallel parking yet, especially
                                      since I’m not good at it myself (I generally look for a double spot immediately
                                      after an intersection so I can just pull right up LOL).

Dated Duffy and Little Buddy are content to be passengers. They shared their
                                      booklet and big pin with Jumbo Duffy, who already knows how to read. I don't
                                      think the pin is meant to be worn as a bindi but as long as my Duffy bears are
                                      happy, who am I to judge?

Name:	indy 500 174 (640x427).jpg
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	7348728Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 176 (426x640).jpg
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	7348729Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 177 (640x427).jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	7348730Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 183 (426x640).jpg
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	7348731Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 184 (426x640).jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	7348732Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 179 (640x427).jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	7348733Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 185 (640x427).jpg
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	7348734Click image for larger version

Name:	indy 500 187 (640x426).jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	7348735Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 002 (640x427).jpg
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	7348736Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 006 (427x640).jpg
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	7348737Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 010 (640x427).jpg
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	7348738Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 011 (640x427).jpg
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	7348739
                                      Last edited by JillT; 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Duffy, Shellie May, and Bunny Duffy would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Name:	307c (640x427).jpg
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	7348742Click image for larger version

Name:	307d (640x427).jpg
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	7348743Click image for larger version

Name:	307e (426x640).jpg
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	7348744Click image for larger version

Name:	307ee (427x640).jpg
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	7348745Click image for larger version

Name:	307f (426x640).jpg
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	7348746

Comment

ShellieMay in Wonderland

Look, here comes the Mad Hatter. Maybe he wants to have a tea party?

But, then the Queen of Hearts showed up to interrupt the party.

She said, "Off with her head!", and Alice...uh Shellie got a little nervous!

But...Duffy didn't want to see any violence, even if it was pretend, so he shouted "Happy Easter!" in his best Easter outfit.

Happy Easter, everyone!
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X