X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Jill,
    The Duffster has the same outfit that your Duffy has. Did you remove the neck tie? I opted for the Chuck Taylors versus the plain black shoes...for the pizzazz factor.
    ILG
    No, it didn't come with a necktie.

Comment

Hmmm...maybe it isn't the same then. It looks like it. (I know, blurry photo. The vest does have pin stripes.)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	spiffy Duffster.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	7348828

Comment

My Duffy has that same shirt, ILG. Mine didn't come with the chain thing though. I like that. I need to find a long brown coat so Duffy can dress up as the 10th Doctor (he can already do 11 with his fez and Sweet Duffy outfit from last year).

And does anyone else find the shoelaces on the BAB shoes to be too long? I end up tucking them into the shoes once they're tied.

Comment

Aimster, the chain is a bracelet. It was the perfect length to wrap one end around a belt loop and stuff the other into the pocket.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 015 (640x426).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	7348829Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 015a (640x427).jpg
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	7348830Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 018 (640x426).jpg
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	7348831Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 021 (427x640).jpg
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	7348832Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 022 (640x428) (2).jpg
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	7348833 Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 034 (640x427).jpg
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	7348834Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 039 (640x426).jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	7348835
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JillT; 04-06-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Name:	mousetail 044 (426x640).jpg
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	7348837Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 044a (426x640).jpg
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	7348838Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 045 (640x426).jpg
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	7348839Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 049 (640x426).jpg
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	7348840Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 051 (640x427).jpg
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	7348841Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 052 (640x427).jpg
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	7348842Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 057 (427x640).jpg
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	7348843Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 062 (427x640).jpg
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	7348844Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 063 (425x640).jpg
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	7348845Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 069 (427x640).jpg
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	7348846Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 078 (427x640).jpg
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	7348847Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 079 (640x427).jpg
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	7348848Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 089 (640x427).jpg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	7348849Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 090 (640x427).jpg
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	7348850Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 092 (427x640).jpg
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	7348851Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 093 (640x427).jpg
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	7348852Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 097 (640x427).jpg
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	7348853Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 099 (426x640).jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	7348854Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 100 (640x426).jpg
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	7348855Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 105 (640x427).jpg
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	7348856Click image for larger version

Name:	mousetail 108 (640x427).jpg
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	7348857

Comment

Oh my goodness! I am so excited that I found this site today. I adore Duffy! I take my sweet bear all over. I am thrilled so see that others cherish their Duffy's too! All the photos are so fun! I'll have to post some very soon! He recently went on a Disney Cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmygoldies View Post
                  Oh my goodness! I am so excited that I found this site today. I adore Duffy! I take my sweet bear all over. I am thrilled so see that others cherish their Duffy's too! All the photos are so fun! I'll have to post some very soon! He recently went on a Disney Cruise.
                  Welcome to the forum. Yeah, people get really creative and I love looking at all the photos, too. Can't wait to see yours

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28888[/ATTACH]
                    Hey, JillT, I can explain why the word "Forrest" in Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park is spelled with two r's, but I'm not sure either you or Shellie May will be too thrilled with the explanation. Anyway, in this context the word "Forrest" isn't a misspelling of the word referring to a specific type of ecosystem characterized by a high density of trees, but instead comprises the surname portion of a proper name. In other words, the state park is named after the gentleman Nathan Bedford Forrest, who if I remember my history correctly, was a lieutenant general in the Confederate Army, during the American Civil War, who practiced a unique form of warfare. His infantry was known for its quick mobilization because they relentless rode their horses between positions which not only guaranteed their swift arrival, but also their readiness for combat upon arrival. His innovative and tactile efforts provided the south several victories, the most infamous of which were the Battle of Fort Pillow and the Battle of Brice's Crossroads. Historians are still debating whether Forrest was a war criminal as many believe he perpetrated the massacre of African-American Union soldiers, Caucasian-American Union prisoners, and Caucasian-American Confederate deserters. Forrest was also famous for being one (1) of the earliest members of the Ku Klux Klan's Tennessee chapter; however, his gradually changing sentiments and more "positive" outlook regarding race, race relations, and racial reconciliation are also well-known and well-documented...and far too vast to be summarized in a complex sentence. The park honors his contributions to the Confederacy's Civil War efforts, specifically his strategic style and idiomatic fighting doctrine.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                      Hey, JillT, I can explain why the word "Forrest" in Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park is spelled with two r's, but I'm not sure either you or Shellie May will be too thrilled with the explanation. Anyway, in this context the word "Forrest" isn't a misspelling of the word referring to a specific type of ecosystem characterized by a high density of trees, but instead comprises the surname portion of a proper name. In other words, the state park is named after the gentleman Nathan Bedford Forrest, who if I remember my history correctly, was a lieutenant general in the Confederate Army, during the American Civil War, who practiced a unique form of warfare. His infantry was known for its quick mobilization because they relentless rode their horses between positions which not only guaranteed their swift arrival, but also their readiness for combat upon arrival. His innovative and tactile efforts provided the south several victories, the most infamous of which were the Battle of Fort Pillow and the Battle of Brice's Crossroads. Historians are still debating whether Forrest was a war criminal as many believe he perpetrated the massacre of African-American Union soldiers, Caucasian-American Union prisoners, and Caucasian-American Confederate deserters. Forrest was also famous for being one (1) of the earliest members of the Ku Klux Klan's Tennessee chapter; however, his gradually changing sentiments and more "positive" outlook regarding race, race relations, and racial reconciliation are also well-known and well-documented...and far too vast to be summarized in a complex sentence. The park honors his contributions to the Confederacy's Civil War efforts, specifically his strategic style and idiomatic fighting doctrine.
                      Wow, ZTRinZler, you sure are knowledgeable! And that's horrible that they would give this person an honor of naming a park after him no matter his "gradually changing sentiments". I asked the ranger if it was someone's name and a coincidence that they had the word Forrest/Forest since there are alot of trees there (although I thought it might be Nathan Bedford that the park was named for, and didn't know the person had three names), and they didn't know so you know more than the ranger ha ha! But at least the rangers liked the bears and presented them with the free passport! Maybe I should have let Shellie May sharpie the extra "R" out heh heh.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                        Wow, ZTRinZler, you sure are knowledgeable! And that's horrible that they would give this person an honor of naming a park after him no matter his "gradually changing sentiments". I asked the ranger if it was someone's name and a coincidence that they had the word Forrest/Forest since there are alot of trees there (although I thought it might be Nathan Bedford that the park was named for, and didn't know the person had three names), and they didn't know so you know more than the ranger ha ha! But at least the rangers liked the bears and presented them with the free passport! Maybe I should have let Shellie May sharpie the extra "R" out heh heh.
                        I'm somewhat surprised the ranger didn't know for whom the park was named. His occupation and the knowledge it entails, about the state park and its history, necessitate his knowing who Nathan Bedford Forrest was and the park being named in his honor. He doesn't have to know everything about the man, but at the very least, he should know 1) the park is named after him, and 2) he was a Confederate lieutenant general, slave trader, KKK member, businessman, and innovative strategist. I'm also surprised the ranger didn't know the park was named to honor Nathan Bedford Forrest due to the heated "debates" that have ensued in various parts of Tennessee (and throughout the south in general) when state, city, or local monuments, parks, buildings, etc. have been named or are in consideration of being named to honor famous members of the Confederate Army/Confederacy.

I wouldn't have minded Shellie May scratching out the additional "r," but I don't want any member of a Duffy family being charged and/or convicted of a possible felony or misdemeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                          Now I know where I heard that name from...He was mentioned in Forrest Gump!

Comment

Rain, rain go away!
                            We want to go back out and play!

Name:	rain 005 (425x640).jpg
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	7348858Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 006 (426x640).jpg
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	7348859Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 007 (426x640).jpg
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	7348860Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 008 (427x640).jpg
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	7348861Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 010a (640x427).jpg
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	7348862Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 010d (640x427).jpg
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	7348863Click image for larger version

Name:	rain 010e (640x427).jpg
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	7348864

Comment

JillT-The rain jackets are adorable!!

We went out on Easter Sunday to get pictures in our new Spring Voyage outfits! They were a big hit! Sorry so late on posting the photos! I still haven't gotten photos of the ponies yet either.

Of course we started with a visit to Big Duffy!

Name:	IMG_7393 (600x400).jpg
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	7348865
                              Then we swung by to visit Donald in Mexico. He thought Shellie May was adorable.

Name:	IMG_7400 (192x600).jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	7348866
                              Next was off to Japan for some pictures! Duffy says he wants to go to Japan SOON! I told him I know, we will try to go sometime in the next few years...

Name:	IMG_7415 (600x400).jpg
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	7348867

Name:	IMG_7423 (600x400).jpg
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	7348868

Name:	IMG_7427 (600x400).jpg
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	7348869
                              Then off to the tree trunk seat again for another cute picture!

Name:	IMG_7428 (600x400).jpg
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	7348870
                              Mickey & Duffy are ready for a Spring Voyage!

Name:	IMG_7440 (400x600).jpg
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	7348871
                              Pluto is doing tricks and balancing Duffy on his head! What a good dog!

Name:	IMG_7456 (400x600).jpg
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	7348872
                              Minnie adores Shellie May and gives her a big hug!

Name:	IMG_7470 (400x600).jpg
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	7348873

Name:	IMG_7468 (389x600).jpg
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	7348874
                              Last edited by Naelyan; 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM.
                              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I love all these pictures! The hike photos are great, so nice to see them outdoors. And, Naelyan, the pictures of the characters with Duffy & ShellieMay are so cute. I especially love the one with Mickey holding Duffy and the tote bag! Then, Minnie hugging ShellieMay...so adorable.

Today, I was doing laundry and the bears wanted to watch something, so they turned on the TV and found one of our favorite movies, Steel Magnolias. Every time it's on, we have to watch it.
                                Meow

Comment

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

This is another photo collage with Duffy playing with Babies Mickey and Minnie.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Duffy & I were supposed to go to the Rays game today, but I suddenly got really sick while getting ready to go, so we missed out. Guess it was a goo thing because the Rays got pummeled today (but we won the series so that's good). The Rays radio network is hosting a watch party on Tuesday, so we're going to go to that for sure... and Shellie May wants to go along this time.

And if that's not enough... I'll be taking the bears back to WDW next weekend for some fun with my friend and her Duffy.

Comment

Love all the pictures. I love the spring voyage outfits. I can not wait until my outfits arrive.

Comment

You know what is terrible? I am going to Williamsburg, VA next month and would love to take either Duffy or the puppets. The friend with whom I am traveling is one of those people who "just don't get it." I know how she can be and instead of hearing her gripe, chastise, whatever, I won't take any bears out for photo ops. My husband agreed.
                                        It irritates me, but not as much as hearing it from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                                          You know what is terrible? I am going to Williamsburg, VA next month and would love to take either Duffy or the puppets. The friend with whom I am traveling is one of those people who "just don't get it." I know how she can be and instead of hearing her gripe, chastise, whatever, I won't take any bears out for photo ops. My husband agreed.
                                          It irritates me, but not as much as hearing it from her.

I think the percentage of people who get it (get it being that any adult takes photos of a doll, bear, prop, whatever) is small. My sister doesn't care if I take photos in the house but also doesn't want to be seen in public with me & them. I sent her a few pictures and she was like, "um, okay...but I think it's childish that you're taking them around like they're your kids or little people." She did say they're cuter in person and enjoyed the photo op with her cat and Rockgirl, but still doesn't want to see or hear their photos an stories.

Are you driving/flying with your friend the whole time or meeting her? Maybe you can take pictures before and after you get together or stage stories in the hotel room with brochures or little souvenirs you brought like you're bringing them a treat since they have to stay behind. I know that's not the full experience but it's a thought.

I resisted the whole Build a Bear concept until I "met" Duffy and learned his story and saw how cute he is, and then of course, I had to get Shellie May and she DOES bring me joy.

Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Working...
                                          X