Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Seeing those train pics make me more excited about the outfit. All the photoops everyone can take! XD

Comment

XO Is that a Billy Idol cover? Duffy is really getting into that.

Comment

Aimster, that video was adorable! Though I do get a little jealous when people's Duffies dance better than I do. :shy:

Getting back to Duffy basics, it's a 1912 Great Lakes freighter! I believe it's going to be the centerpiece of a Great Lakes maritime museum in Toledo, but in 2012 it was just open for the price of admission (I paid $4; Tiny Duffy got in free).

It was very much a work in progress, which made it that much cooler.

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Eeee-va, did Tiny Duffy come with the sailor suit? So cute. Is he able to hang on to metal objects because of the magnets or is this not a magnet Duffy?

Comment

He IS a Magnet Duffy! I love him!

I had to make him the sailor suit (and all his other clothes). It was a bit of a pain but I loved the sailor outfit the moment I saw it, and at the time I sewed the outfit, Tiny Duffy was the only Duffy I had! (Now I have a 12" Duffy who can wear the regular sailor suit, though it's on the big side for him.)

I wish Disney would make clothes for the smaller Duffies but they've amply demonstrated they're not interested. :P In fairness, TDS only occasionally makes clothes the tiny bears can wear, but they sell at least one small-scale pre-dressed Duffy and Shellie May with every outfit. The sweaters from Home Sweet Christmas (I think it was?) came off easily...I didn't have the heart to strip those little bears of their hats and bows, though. (Tiny Duffy's hat is a Santa Duffy hat I made.)

The full gruesome story is at http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...post1056665074
            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by tenchikiss View Post
              XO Is that a Billy Idol cover? Duffy is really getting into that.
              Yep! British Revolution is the "new" band in the UK pavilion and they play more than just Beatles songs (which is all the old band, British Invasion, played). They play lots of great Brit rock! I've heard them play The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Elton John, The Police, Queen, Duran Duran, Modern English, The Kinks, Wings, Led Zeppelin, Blur, The Trogs, Herman's Hermits, Billy Idol... you name it!

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
              Aimster, that video was adorable! Though I do get a little jealous when people's Duffies dance better than I do. :shy:
              LOL! Duffy just loves to dance and rock out. He's really a rock & roll bear at heart.

Comment

I suggest a new strategy, let the wookie win!

Omg! I'm so excited for star wars weekends!! ^_^ I need a princess Leia inspired outfit to go with Muffy's Chewie bandolier

Comment

LOVE the costume, Sakuraskies!

Comment

Sakuraskies-I'm excited too! Love Star Wars weekends! I have my outfit all picked out and Duffy and Shellie May will be in costume! Maybe we'll see you there!
                    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                    sigpic

Comment

I hope someday that a) I will get to experience Star Wars weekends at or WDW or b) with Disney now owning the Star Wars franchise, they will create a Star Wars weekend for us west coasters.

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May really like the outdoors. Today we went to Reelfoot Lake State park in NW Tennessee, which was formed during the 1811-1812 earthquake period along the New Madrid fault. Eyewitnesses during this period said the Mississippi River flowed backwards one day to form the shallow lake, which is actually more of a swamp, with cypress trees, egrets, and herons, as well as bald eagles in the winter.

Duffy brought his light saber to zap any cottonmouth (also called water moccasin) snakes we might see. Shellie May picked something comfortable out of the closet since hiking was involved and luckily, the bees aren't out yet so they didn't become attracted to her daisy dress.

Duffy noticed some mushrooms and took a closer look at some of the lichen. Shellie May liked the flowers and thought making a flower angel (in a field of buttercups) was way more fun than making snow angels in Chicago.

When Duffy heard I was signed up for a 3 hour 5 mile deep bottom swamp canoe ride he ditched his light saber in lieu of a life preserver and tried to convince me to take him with. He doesn't swim yet so I told him no because I was concerned for his safety.

A good time was had by all and of course, another passport stamp was acquired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4178 (427x640).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	7349064Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4186 (640x427).jpg
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	7349065Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4187 (640x427).jpg
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	7349066Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4202 (426x640).jpg
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	7349067Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4205 (640x427).jpg
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	7349068Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4208 (640x426).jpg
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	7349069Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4232 (640x427).jpg
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	7349070Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4250 (425x640).jpg
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	7349071Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4279 (640x427).jpg
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	7349072Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4280 (426x640).jpg
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	7349073Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4282 (426x640).jpg
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	7349074Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4284 (426x640).jpg
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	7349075Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4296 (640x427).jpg
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	7349076Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4300 (427x640).jpg
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	7349077Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4307 (427x640).jpg
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	7349078Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4312 (640x427).jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	7349079Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4313.jpg
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	7349080Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4338 (426x640).jpg
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	7349081Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4339 (426x640).jpg
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	7349082

Comment

shellie and me went on a cruise there are some of us with characters and some are from today when i took shellie may for a shopping trip. and look out for shellie may in stiches ear

Comment

Dazyhill, great pictures, love the one of Duffy with the life preserver and the one of Shellie May smelling the flowers.

Skittlesfirehawk, Hope you had a great time on the cruise. Was it exciting for adults? We have no small children (hoping for grandchildren soon!) and I wonder about adults with no children on a Disney cruise.....

Since I'm also a BIG Mickey fan, I especially love the pic of you and Shellie May with Captain Mickey. Where did you get your crown hat? It's wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by TNutter View Post
                              Dazyhill, great pictures, love the one of Duffy with the life preserver and the one of Shellie May smelling the flowers.
                              I'm JillT in Nashville, TN (the one with the life preserver on Duffy and Shellie May smelling the flowers)

Comment

Originally posted by TNutter View Post

Skittlesfirehawk, Hope you had a great time on the cruise. Was it exciting for adults? We have no small children (hoping for grandchildren soon!) and I wonder about adults with no children on a Disney cruise.....

Since I'm also a BIG Mickey fan, I especially love the pic of you and Shellie May with Captain Mickey. Where did you get your crown hat? It's wonderful!
                                It depends my father went for me he is no disney fan.i love disney and had a blast.There is always something to do and after seeing the kids and parents i think i had a better time.You can do things at your own pace and dont have to worry about a kid.There are tons for adults to do and many adult only areas of the ship.I did alot of meets with characters and disney trivia and theres tastings on board and the adult only dinning is amazing.

The crown has a 21 on it for my bday which i was celebrating and its from amazon

Comment

Duffy is learning to ride a skateboard and Shellie May is holding onto the railing until she gets the hang of her roller skates.

"Come on, Shellie May, I'll pull you," said Duffy.

Meanwhile, Jumbo Duffy tried my onda board but he's not coordinated enough to ride it the traditional way. He sat on it and scooched down the street.

Jumbo Shellie has wide feet and can’t fit into my inline skates or my helmet. "Um, do they have something in a wide width," she asked?

"No, sorry."

They went back inside where they're most comfortable.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 044 (426x640).jpg
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	7349086Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 046 (426x640).jpg
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	7349087Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 047 (426x640).jpg
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	7349088Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 048 (426x640).jpg
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	7349089Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 050 (426x640).jpg
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	7349090Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 052 (426x640).jpg
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	7349091Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 053 (427x640).jpg
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	7349092Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 055a (640x426) (640x426).jpg
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	7349093Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 056 (640x427).jpg
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	7349094Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 058 (426x640).jpg
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	7349095Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 062 (640x426).jpg
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	7349096Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 064 (426x640).jpg
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	7349097Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 2 008 (427x640).jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	7349098Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 2 010 (426x640).jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	7349099Click image for larger version

Name:	roller skates 2 011 (640x427).jpg
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	7349100

Comment

Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie are wearing authentic Disney attire, 3-6 months' size.

Comment

JillT Where did you get regular Duffy's red T Shirt? Its adorable!
                                      sigpic

Duffy is coming along too!

Comment

Originally posted by mare53 View Post
                                        JillT Where did you get regular Duffy's red T Shirt? Its adorable!
                                        It's part of an authentic Tokyo Disney Sea costume:

Comment

Nice pics skittlesfirehawk! Looks like you had a great time!
                                          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X