Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy and Shellie May are dressed up for Cinco De Mayo, Duffy in his crushed velvet mariachi outfit, and Shellie May in her fiesta dress.

Duffy is learning to play the maracas and Shellie May is lifting her dress up to dance.

"Come on, Shellie May, I'll dance with you."Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 005 (426x640).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	7349256Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 005b (640x427).jpg
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	7349257Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 006a (427x640).jpg
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	7349258Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 008 (640x427).jpg
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	7349259Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 009 (427x640).jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	7349260Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 010 (640x427).jpg
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	7349261Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 012 (640x428).jpg
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	7349262Click image for larger version

Name:	cinco 1 017 (427x640).jpg
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	7349263

Comment

Love the outfits for Cinco de Mayo!

Comment

I love the Cinco de Mayo outfits too, especially Shellie's dress.

Today I decided I wanted to do mix-n-match with the TDS costumes. I love that you really can create lots of fun looks with all the different costume pieces. Here are my results for today. I know it's on the same old sofa, but it's a good picture spot.

Duffy "team A": I did use Build-a-Bear stockings and shoes for ShellieMay, but the I wanted that look. Duffy's is a real mix of Sweet Duffy 2009, Spring Voyage shoes, Summer vest and hat.

Duffy "team B": Both of these are a bit of a mix. Sweet Duffy bits for Shellie's dress, shoes, & bow, and her CCC pink sweater. Duffy's is CCC pants, shirt, & shoes, with his Spring Voyage sweater and Lobster Captain hat.
        Meow

Comment

We went to Disney Hollywood Studios to celebrate May the 4th Be With You/Star Wars Day yesterday. Duffy went in his Darth Vader outfit. It was loads of fun...but it always is when Star Wars is involved!

First we got pictures with Jedi Mickey and R2-MK
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1226 (500x388).jpg
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	7349264

Name:	IMG_1227 (500x439).jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	7349265
          Then off to Star Tours for our first trip of the day! (We rode a total of 9 times yesterday)

Name:	IMG_1251 (333x500).jpg
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	7349266
          Next a stop by to see Lord Vader...he wasn't too pleased and Duffy got force choked...

Name:	IMG_1266 (500x446).jpg
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	7349267
          But the Storm Troopers all seemed to like him!

Name:	IMG_1283 (333x500).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	7349268Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289 (333x500).jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	7349269Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314 (500x333).jpg
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	7349270
          It was a great day! We spent 14 hours in the park and we will be back in less than two weeks for the start of Star Wars Weekends!
          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
          sigpic

Comment

I love the first two and this one is incredible how you made it look like Duffy flew up against the wall.

Comment

It's the force! JK! Ok, no one freak out...I threw him up in the air! I asked first, and Duffy said he didn't mind, as long as we got an amazing picture, and we did!
              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
                It's the force! JK! Ok, no one freak out...I threw him up in the air! I asked first, and Duffy said he didn't mind, as long as we got an amazing picture, and we did!
                OMG, amazingly clear action shot + you couldn't have thrown him any straighter and with his cape out like that I was like, wow. I thought maybe they had some sort of air thing coming up from the floor to keep him afloat, being Star Wars and all. Duffy really IS the bear of happiness and LUCK, as in your lucky day to get that shot!

Comment

Ok that one of Vader & Duffy is pretty awesome. I love the one with Mickey & R2-MK too. Mickey's pose is similar to the one he did with my Duffy at the Star Tours 2 mall tour they did a couple years ago (they did a stop in Tampa).

Duffy is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with some chips & salsa.

Comment

Naelyan,
                    awesome photo. My husband said that is a contest winning photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                      Naelyan,
                      awesome photo. My husband said that is a contest winning photo.
                      Totally what I was thinking. What is that contest that they have once a week that Aimster won awhile back? I think that is when the cast members take the photo with their cameras, though. Duffy luck, that's what it is. He knew how loved he is and how important it was for you, so he flew right up there into the face of danger.

Comment

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the love! But I couldn't have done it without my hubby! He is my photographer for all our excursions. He's really into it and takes LOTS of photos. He is our Duffy and Shellie May's official photographer!:thumbup:
                        I did post that photo on the 501st official facebook page. I'm anxious to see if they respond to it.
                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                        sigpic

Comment

That's cool that your husband is into it. I have one out of state friend who instigates me (if I send her photos she'll respond with what she thinks Duffy's or Shellie May's reaction was, or she'll make up conversations or make comments about their outfits, etc.), one friend who thinks it's cute but a little over the top (but enjoys reading the stories and looking at the photos), my sister who is slowly liking them more (I just send her stuff like Easter, May Day, and she met them when I visited Chicago and said they're cuter in real life), but nobody else (friends, neighbors, am not even going to MENTION work heh heh), "gets it". However, being an independent little sh*t since the day I was born (according to my Mom), as long as I'm not hurting anyone, I really don't care about my cool quotient. I'm enjoying it myself. (said smiling and casually shrugging my shoulders, not snotty)

Comment

Agreed! I don't care what anyone else thinks. It's my thing and I enjoy it. At first my husband was a little weirded out by it, but now it's all good! I'm glad it turned out that way! I am very passionate about the things I enjoy (hence all the star wars pics)!
                            Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                            sigpic

Comment

Goodness; this is one of the most impressive pages of photos yet! JillT's Cinco de Mayou outfits are great, Aimster's actually made me realize that some of the first wave outfits weren't so bad (and made me hungry). I just want to cuddle Gurgi's bears...the sailor/captain outfit is inspired! And Vader force-choking Duffy is one of the most epic photos ever!

I can't compete, so here's a picture of Tiny Duffy looking out a porthole.

Oh, I guess I do have a couple Star Tours pictures I should've posted yesterday; oops.

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

I'm right there with you JillT. I'm having a good time. My daughter shares my enthusiasm. So do all of you.

My husband suggested that I swap my long-time motorcycle mascot for a Duffy. He'd have to have a cool outfit. I'd need to get a 12" bear, I think. I could get one at the Disney Store.
                                I have had a sailor elephant for the past 20 years. Damn...20 years. His outfit is the same color as my old bike, royal blue; so it was appropriate.

Comment

I have on high authority (My daughter LOL) that you are VERY cool for liking Duffy.

oops forgot the quote.....

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                                    That's cool that your husband is into it. I have one out of state friend who instigates me (if I send her photos she'll respond with what she thinks Duffy's or Shellie May's reaction was, or she'll make up conversations or make comments about their outfits, etc.), one friend who thinks it's cute but a little over the top (but enjoys reading the stories and looking at the photos), my sister who is slowly liking them more (I just send her stuff like Easter, May Day, and she met them when I visited Chicago and said they're cuter in real life), but nobody else (friends, neighbors, am not even going to MENTION work heh heh), "gets it". However, being an independent little sh*t since the day I was born (according to my Mom), as long as I'm not hurting anyone, I really don't care about my cool quotient. I'm enjoying it myself. (said smiling and casually shrugging my shoulders, not snotty)
                                    Originally posted by mmommie View Post
                                    I have on high authority (My daughter LOL) that you are VERY cool for liking Duffy.

oops forgot the quote.....
                                    Did this work......

Comment

Totally what I was thinking. What is that contest that they have once a week that Aimster won awhile back? I think that is when the cast members take the photo with their cameras, though. Duffy luck, that's what it is. He knew how loved he is and how important it was for you, so he flew right up there into the face of danger.
                                      It wasn't a contest. It's a thing Disney does for their Photopass photographers... they feature some photos backstage as "Photos of the Week". A friend of mine who is a CM alerted me about it.

My boyfriend thinks I'm a little nuts with my Duffy stuff, but he doesn't discourage it. He actually LOVED what I did with the scooter and how Duffy has a Harley jacket and headband. He actually suggested we take Duffy for a ride on his Harley sometime. Maybe next weekend we can finally do that if the weather is nice (we went out on the bike last night but we had specific plans that Duffy didn't fit into). He's highly amused my Duffy is closing in on 500 followers on Twitter. He's even bought a few things for Duffy!

A few of my friends think I'm totally nuts when it comes to Duffy, but I ignore their snide comments. But the rest all think Duffy is awesome and love how I show the world from his perspective.

Comment

Happy Cinco de Mayo. Since Disney is full of short sighted people my Duffy had to make due with the mariachi outfit from Build-a-Bear. Still fits the theme of the day though.

Time to get tacos in celebration of the day where....well Mexico won a battle. XD

The place was full, everyone must be celebrating.

Time to eat, thank you for the meal!

And it comes with nachos with yummy cheese dip.

One of mom's favorite pins, Cinco de Mayo AND Stitch.

More tacos? What a lovely variety of food today!

No going out on the town for us. Just yummy food at home. Thanks dad. This post was brought to you by dad. Dad. The maker of all food as none of us want food poisoning.

Comment

I love everyone's latest photos! I think Vader using the force on Duffy is one of the best pictures ever, especially since it was spontaneous and Duffy was in motion. It's just perfect.
                                          Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X