Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

JillT, you are so wonderfully creative with Duffy and Shellie May. Your photos always bring a smile to my face. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by TNutter View Post
      JillT, you are so wonderfully creative with Duffy and Shellie May. Your photos always bring a smile to my face. Thank you!
      Thank you for the compliment. These are some very photogenic bears with vibrant personalities! He DOES look better now that you informed me of how he should be wearing his hat, heh heh.:lol:

Comment

So I took the train to San Francisco for a day last week. Didn't bring the bears, but I kind of regret that after what I stumbled upon at a shop on Fisherman's Wharf. Couldn't resist!

Lock me up and throw away the key!

Closeup of the writing.

It's exceptionally high quality. The bear sweatshirts were made with the same materials as the human versions. Cost $7.50. There was another shop on Pier 39 that had a knockoff BaB section where you could stuff a bear, and I was hoping to find some unique SF bear clothes, but the quality of the clothing there was just awful for the prices.

Also, Duffette got the new My Little Pony outfit from BaB and wanted to show it off:

Happy bears! It's not often they get NEW clothing. Most of the stuff I get for them is second hand, LOL.

Comment

OK Diznygrl, you must tell us the name of that shop on Fisherman's Wharf. Hopefully, they do telephone orders! Duffy looks so great.

Comment

RE: Diznygrl

So I took the train to San Francisco for a day last week. Didn't bring the bears, but I kind of regret that after what I stumbled upon at a shop on Fisherman's Wharf. Couldn't resist!

Lock me up and throw away the key!

Love it! So cute!

How do y'all find these stores that have stuff your own animal versions and clothes? I know someone was saying there is something on Universal's City Walk, now you're mentioning this one; I guess I'm not looking hard enough! I love it when the bears have unique items and this one is adorable!
            Last edited by JillT; 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
              How do y'all find these stores that have stuff your own animal versions and clothes? I know someone was saying there is something on Universal's City Walk, now you're mentioning this one; I guess I'm not looking hard enough! I love it when the bears have unique items and this one is adorable!
              Just stumbling onto them by luck really. I found the one at Universal Orlando's CityWalk. It's inside the Studios Store. I need to get back there sometime to see if it's still there (it was about a year ago I happened on it... was at CityWalk with some friends playing mini golf at the new place and wandered around for a bit after we all parted ways). There's a make your own animal at Busch Gardens in Tampa. It moves around a lot but it's currently at the Caravan Crossings shop, which is under the Figure 8 tower for the Cheetah Hunt coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by TNutter View Post
                OK Diznygrl, you must tell us the name of that shop on Fisherman's Wharf. Hopefully, they do telephone orders! Duffy looks so great.
                Ah, unfortunately I don't remember the name of the shop, and for some reason I can't even find it when I do a Google search. I should point out however, that the shirt fits Lil D perfectly, and he is 12". I think it would probably be too small for a 17" bear.

You probably have to go to tourist traps to find most of them. I even found one in historic Medora, North Dakota. But like the one on Pier 39, the quality wasn't so great. I don't mind lesser quality than BaB, but a lot of the stuff was just BAD! And they wanted BaB prices for it. No way!

Comment

Just a Duffy and ShellieMay photo I want to share:

Duffy's Bedtime Story | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is from the Duffy's Bedtime Story show at Disneyland Paris.
                  (Courtesy of Disney Character Central).

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

MikkiMausu, those are nice. However, they really do need something to cover up their bottoms! Couldn't they have put SM into a night gown instead of an above-the-waist shirt?
                    The PJ shirt that Duffy is wearing always comes with pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                      You probably have to go to tourist traps to find most of them. I even found one in historic Medora, North Dakota. But like the one on Pier 39, the quality wasn't so great. I don't mind lesser quality than BaB, but a lot of the stuff was just BAD! And they wanted BaB prices for it. No way!
                      Well, I frequent tourist traps myself so maybe I'll start having your good luck. Laughed at the but a lot of the stuff was just BAD
                      I can picture your quality check.

Is Medora, ND where the Theodore National Park is? I was there in 2009 (both sections, north and south). Too bad that park gets so little attention; I like it as much as the Badlands National Park.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the photo; it is adorable AND unique.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        Just stumbling onto them by luck really. I found the one at Universal Orlando's CityWalk. It's inside the Studios Store. I need to get back there sometime to see if it's still there (it was about a year ago I happened on it... was at CityWalk with some friends playing mini golf at the new place and wandered around for a bit after we all parted ways). There's a make your own animal at Busch Gardens in Tampa. It moves around a lot but it's currently at the Caravan Crossings shop, which is under the Figure 8 tower for the Cheetah Hunt coaster.
                        Unfortunately the last time we were at Universal CityWalk it seemed they had removed the stuff your own bear section of the Studios Store. That was about a month ago. It's actually been gone for awhile. I also think SeaWorld got rid of their stuff you own animal section as I don't remember seeing it last time we went (also within the past month).
                        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                        sigpic

Comment

That's too bad. The one at Busch Gardens is still there... it just moves location a lot. First it was in the Emporium, then it was in the gift shop by the tiger exhibit in Jungala, then it moved to Sahara Trading Co, then it was in the Christmas village thing for Christmas Town last winter...now it's at Caravan Crossings.

Comment

Time to share some Duffy photos:

These are pictures of my first custom made outfit for my Duffy, a traditional Japanese kimono.

The whole outfit:

The inner part of the kimono:

The haori:

The hakama:

The geta (wooden sandals):

What do your guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Cute MikkiMausa! Great job! :clap:
                              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                              sigpic

Comment

Today the remodelers came back and started restoring my pantry. Duffy thinks he's Bob the Builder now so he put on his tool belt and wanted to help. "Let the men do their job, Duffy. They're the professionals."

He had to supervise and inspect their work when they left and yes, it met with his approval.

Shellie May had no interest in home improvement projects so she practiced ballet in another room.

Comment

Oh JillT, I'm so glad that the work met with Duffy's approval. And who knew that Shellie May could do the splits? And in such an adorable tutu, no less! LOVE your pictures.

Comment

Does anyone know how to upload my photos so they aren't so large? I uploaded them already resized but they show up so big from photobucket that they take up more than my screen.

Comment

Does anyone know how to upload my photos so they aren't so large? I uploaded them already resized but they show up so big from photobucket that they take up more than my screen.
                                      In Photobucket do this:

1. In the upper right corner of the screen is your username. Click on it to get a drop-down menu and select "User Settings".

2. Click the "Albums" tab, then scroll down to Upload Options and click on "Customize Upload Options".

3. Select the "640 x 480" option and click "Save"

Now all your photos will be automatically uploaded to Photobucket in that size, which is perfect for posting here on MC.

Comment

Went back to BAB to exchange those glasses I got for Duffy... remembered to bring them this time! :lol: The new glasses fit fine and don't fall off his face.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6316_zpsd15b0871.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7351529

At the mall today they had a bunch of kids/family stuff going on in the lower level by JC Penny. They had a DJ, craft booths, a guy making balloon animals and such. I got a free donut from Dunkin Donuts plus Busch Gardens had a booth there with a bunch of free stuff so I grabbed a Summer Nights beach ball. Duffy loves it even though it's as big as he is!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6317_zps8358714e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	7351530

And while going through some photos I found this... the day I brought Duffy home back in 2010! My Duffy is the one on the right. The one on the left went to the little girl my mom sometimes babysits.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                          In Photobucket do this:

1. In the upper right corner of the screen is your username. Click on it to get a drop-down menu and select "User Settings".

2. Click the "Albums" tab, then scroll down to Upload Options and click on "Customize Upload Options".

3. Select the "640 x 480" option and click "Save"

Now all your photos will be automatically uploaded to Photobucket in that size, which is perfect for posting here on MC.
                                          Aimster to the rescue again! Thank you. I didn't know they had to be as small on photobucket as on here directly!

Comment

Working...
                                          X