Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Aimster you are so lucky I wish I could take my Duffy to WDW. I always love your picture's.

sigpic

Comment

Da bears (ALL of them) as my friend calls them are enjoying the dog days of summer. They are having a nice little vacation being leisurely and I'm letting them have a well deserved break and just be.....BEARS. Come September they will be going on more adventures.

Comment

@Ilovegreataur, that swimming picture is really cute! A bit of clever photoshop magic on your part, was it?

@Aimster, I love the pictures of them trying to take out the sword! With the relative size of the bears vs the sword, it is definitely the cutest photo op!

@DuffyD, no spoilers with the Night Vale! I have been waiting to listen to the latest episode If I find a way to make a bear-sized WTNV shirt, I will let you know! Also you should totally hit me up for a Jayne hat if you order anything because they are seriously fun to make! Plus the more Browncoat bears the better!
        Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
        Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

@setavulos

photoshop?
          what is that?

Comment

The word photoshop came from the name of an image editing program, but basically just means to digitally alter a photograph.

Comment

I was kidding. I knew I should have put a at the end!

Yes, image editing software was indeed used. The picture was a really nice postcard that didn't scan well. I could have used an image off of the internet, but I didn't think of that until after I had done all the work.

I thought it was cute and hope others appreciated it as well.

Comment

Well, it definitely worked well! If I didn't know better I would have thought you actually put your bears in the water!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                  I was kidding. I knew I should have put a at the end!

Yes, image editing software was indeed used. The picture was a really nice postcard that didn't scan well. I could have used an image off of the internet, but I didn't think of that until after I had done all the work.

I thought it was cute and hope others appreciated it as well.
                  You should add "no bears were hurt in the filming of this photo" to your picture LOL

Comment

I would have liked to take more photos, as it is just so beautiful there, but between my husband's griping and wet ledges, I only took the ones I posted.

Comment

In between commission items and dyeing yarn I found some time to make a new sweater for my Duffy. It might just be my favorite so far! 100% cotton in a mix of white, coral, sky blue, and light brown. I used an entire 2oz skein of yarn for it, but I an in love with the colors and how the colors lines up to stripe across the body. Plus this was my first time trying out a seamless construction for the sweater so that's always fun!

I don't quite have a proper story to feature it in yet but I was so excited that I just had to share it.

Comment

Time to share some Duffy photos:

From our trip to Washington State/Vancouver.

Vancouver:

Near the Canada/United States border:

Washington State:

Hanging with this Duffy, came all the way from Tokyo DisneySea.

Near Pike's Place Market:

At the Space Needle:

And that was our adventure to the Pacific Northwest.
                        What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Wow. I've been gone for over a week and only 2 posts! MikkiMausu, I left Seattle yesterday morning. I saw no other Duffys on my travels.

I hope everyone is well.
                          ILG

p.s. I came up with a great name for our Shellie May blanket. Shelby. (b for blanket) Shelby came on the trip.

Comment

Shellie May is getting a little tired of people asking if she’s from Build a Bear. She is quick to point out that, “no, I am Shellie May, the Disney bear, and I bring joy.” Sometimes I have to catch her before she shows them her Mickey Mouse birthmark because she doesn’t care if it is indecent but I do! I have tried to explain that you just can’t go around mooning people to prove a point! I don’t think there will be any mistaking her to be a Disney bear wearing this new outfit! She’s proudly parading it around the house asking when her next public outing is. Duffy has a new shirt, too, and I’m sure he’ll be happy to wear it just to make sure nobody mistakes him for a Build A Bear either, although he is more widely recognized than her and doesn’t take it personally when people question his heritage.

So I took Duffy and Shellie May to the Mobile Carnival Museum. The city of Mobile, AL had the first mardi gras celebration in the United States.

Shellie May especially enjoyed all the attention she got wearing her new outfit. "Oh, what a pretty bear. Is that Cinderella's castle on her top?"

"Yes, I am Shellie May and I bring joy. This is Cinderella's castle, and the fireworks going off behind it. I'm from Disney," said Shellie May as she danced and twirled. "Wanna see more proof?"

"Shellie May!" I scolded.

"Tee hee hee, just kidding," she said. She is a little imp sometimes.

"I'm Duffy, the Disney bear of happiness and luck," said Duffy.

"Oh, look at those ears, and that mickey mouse themed shirt. So cute!"

They pretended they were king and queen. Actually, there is not just one queen and king for Mobile's mardi gras, but a king and queen for each mystic society.

Shellie May said, "wow, it is a long way down."

The queen has a scepter (wand looking thing) and her stiff collar is called a mantle.

Shellie May's outfit comes from this shop on Etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RosebudsBoutiqueBows

Duffy's shirt comes from this shop on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DSMClothier

Comment

Ahhh I know DSMClothier! Their Duffy follows my Duffy on Twitter. We've been giving them ideas for new outfits & stuff.

Comment

Duffy got a little jealous seeing what Shellie May got from Build a Bear.

“Wow, you got all THAT, Shellie May? Isn’t there anything for me,” he asked glumly. I think he showed up half dressed looking like a country bumpkin to prove a point.

“I must share with all my sisters. You don’t have any other boy bears that fit your clothes. So I need more clothes,” Shellie May informed him.

At the sound of the words, “share with all my sisters,” Adelaide , Lo♥ey, Tropicolor Teddy, and Zhu Xiong came over to see what was being shared. They each picked out a dress for New Year’s Eve.

I set up the Disneyland Adventures Xbox 360 game with Kinect for Duffy and Bearami to make them feel better. Bearami, being the serious, studious bear that he is, studied the DVD and case to figure it out.

"It's a game, Bearami. Just have some fun."

They were jumping all around the floor wondering why the camera would not recognize them. Um, could it be that they are only 17” and 15” tall, shorter than any baby who can stand up? I put them on the couch. Now they’re having lots of fun! The camera certainly sees them now!

Bearami climbed up to the back of the couch to have an advantage.

Pretty soon it was a free for all with Jumbo Duffy, Little Buddy, and Dated Duffy joining in. “Okay now, this game only allows four players so with all of you arriving on the scene, you’re going to have to take turns! Let Little Buddy in, since he’s from Disneyland anyway,” I told them.

I don't think Duffy cares about clothes anymore.

Bearami is really competitive with video games. "Look, Kinect, I'm right here," he said.

Shellie May's dress comes from this shop on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TRGBoutique
                                Last edited by JillT; 09-05-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The other day Duffy ran into someone who looked quite familiar. It was a Sulley!

He decided that there was one way to bond with his newfound friend...

And it seems to have gone quite well! Duffy knew that matching outfits with his friend would show that they have something in common!

-----

Additionally, recently (as in today) I found some miniature glass bottles in the craft store! They were in the jewelry section marked steampunk, but as soon as I spotted the set of three size of bottles I knew it was perfect to finally give Duffy an accessory he's been sorely missing.

He now gets to wear a note-in-a-bottle of his very own! To be honest, it contains a note from my partner to me, but it's kind of like an equivalent to Minnie's note, right?

Here's a close-up so you can see it more clearly. I'm probably not going to leave it on him all the time for fear of breaking it while cuddling or something, but for a once-in-a-while thing it's really exciting! I wasn't very fond of the idea of a plastic bottle anyway. I feel like a glass bottle is more accurate. But that's my opinion, and I know it wouldn't be safe to like give kids glass bottles like this.

He wore it out while we went to my usual knitting circle on campus today. Picture featuring my elbow.

I also have two more sizes, both slightly smaller (picture below; the one I used was the largest size). I strung it on some light tan yarn and it's been great!

-----

Okay, in one last item of news, I opened an etsy shop!! I know that the one-on-one commission process was probably confusing for some of you, so I simplified and streamlined everything so that it's more accessible to everyone who might be interested.

So far I only put up items that will be made-to-order, but I am hoping to add premade items to the shop as time goes on. I picked up a few skeins of yarn on the cheap today of Lion Brand Amazing that I'll be using to make one sweater each, and as I finish those I'll be posting them for sale and tweeting about them on my Duffy's account.

And just for you guys here at micechat, I have a coupon code! Until October 6 you'll be able to input the code MICECHATOSDGRANDOPEN for $3 off! (That's essentially free shipping on one item but I couldn't figure out how to just do flat free shipping...)

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. I just wanted to let you know since you've been very supportive of my Duffy knitting adventures. I hope to be able to make some great items that people will enjoy!

Comment

Setavulos- This is great! I can't wait to order from your shop on Etsy! Problem is they are all so great! I just babysat for two days so I have some money to spend lol! Thanks for all you do!!
                                    sigpic

Duffy is coming along too!

Comment

Go Setavulos!

I already have a story made up for when my sweater arrives. I hope you make the sea themed sweater vest available as shown above with Duffy and his new bottle/note. Good luck to you :thumbup:

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May went to Kentucky Downs today for some horse racing. Kentucky Downs mostly has simulcast racing but 5 days a year they have live racing, and only two of those live racing days fall on the weekends.

They studied the program and picked the horses they wanted to bet on. Duffy didn’t like the fact that I had to place the bet for him. He’s the bear of happiness and luck and he thought I might be jinxing the bet by touching the money. He wanted to hand it to the bookie himself. I told him he was too young to bet legally and he didn’t understand that considering he has had his drivers’ license for some time now. Well, sometimes it’s hard to explain the laws of society to him and Shellie May.

Shellie May is still dressing in Disney garb but Duffy doesn’t really care.

Anyway, Shellie May wanted to bet on Thats it Imleaving because she was bored. "Pee-YOO!" she exclaimed, when an old man sat down smoking a cigar. He was not amused. In fact, there were a lot of serious betters there that looked at the bears strangely. Luckily, they did not care or even seem to notice.

"Yeah, me, too," said Duffy, when he found out he didn't win. "You said we're going for bar-b-cue after this, right? I'm ready."

They enjoyed Bar-B-Cutie a lot more. This is the only place in Nashville where I will eat bar-b-cue. I like it because I enjoy the taste of bar-b-cue sauce but I don't like a heavy smoked flavor. They have been around since 1950 as a family owned chain that has now started selling franchises. They even have a location in the country of Spain!

Duffy was really hungry so he got a half slab of ribs with a loaded baked potato and onion rings. Shellie May enjoyed pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, and cinnamon apples. She brought joy to her food by drawing a smiley face on her pulled pork with the bar-b-cue sauce.

They drank a mixture of fruit tea and unsweetened tea. This is the only place I like fruit tea from. Well, unless you count the green tea at Panera.

Last edited by JillT; 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

^Well betting on maiden two-year olds can be tricky. (That's what they were right?). The name of the horse is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                          X