Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Adorable pics, aimster! This week, my Duffy and Shellie May will be going to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival with me and my parents. Sadly, the hubby got last minute notice that he has to be out of town for work! So, our paparazzi won't be there, but I'm still going to try to get pics. At least my parent will be there to help, although I don't think they realize it yet!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
    sigpic

Comment

Very cute, aimster! :clap: Looks like a good time was had by all, and I love love LOVE that schoolgirl outfit on Shellie. I'm dying to see video of that scooter race, it sounds hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
        Very cute, aimster! :clap: Looks like a good time was had by all, and I love love LOVE that schoolgirl outfit on Shellie. I'm dying to see video of that scooter race, it sounds hilarious.
        I know that schoolgirl outfit was too good to pass up. Seriously the cutest thing. Shellie actually looks pretty good in red (though I like her best in blue, white or purple).

And this is one video from the scooter race mayhem:

What makes it funnier is that even though all the scooters were on the same frequency so just one remote controlled them all, we could NOT get them to go down a straight line together no matter how we tried and adjusted the levers on the scooters that help with the steering! They just went all over the place! :lol:

Comment

Love the video!!! Where did everyone get there scooter's?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immamouse View Post
            Love the video!!! Where did everyone get there scooter's?
            The scooters all came from the UK. They're made by a company called Zapf Creations as part of their Baby Born line. My UK friends were able to score used ones for cheap via ebay UK and brought them when they came to visit to save on shipping.

Comment

Love the video , my DUFFY is jumping up and down because he wants a scooter too !
              Lots of DUFFY and SHellie May love !

Comment

That scooter idea, and the chaos of the video is funny. I love it.

I wanted to share a few photos to compare the "kitty Duffy" to the new "kitty ShellieMay"...and a surprise guest.

So, the new Halloween cat costume matches Duffy's from 2009 perfectly. They really did well making it cohesive.

The paw pads on the feet & paws are the same, and the "claws" too...although Shellie's are pink.

The button "eyes" on the hoods match too!

Shake those bootys! LOL, the tails are not quite the same, but they look great together anyway.

So, on top of that, we have a new addition to our family that really was a miracle. I had never ever thought I could get a lavender Disney Bear since they were such crazy prices, but something happened that allowed me to finally own one, and he's beautiful. His name is Christopher ColumBear, and that was decided even before he came to live with us.

He's so soft & cuddly! I don't think he was ever played with before, it's like he's new.

Here he is standing with Duffy. Christopher is a little shorter, his legs are not as long as Duffy's.

See?

I think Christopher found a lot of new friends quickly. Duffy is so eager to share all of his clothes with him.
                Meow

Comment

Nice score Gurgi!!!

Comment

Wonderful pictures gurgi!!!

Comment

Love the pictures gurgi - the outfits are so amazing.

And Christopher - WOW! Nice one! He looks so happy to be home with you and Duffy. He is sooo cute too.

Comment

Soooo cute!! I'm so jealous of all of you that live close enough to WDW to have meetups. It looked like a blast!

edit: I was trying to respond to aimster's post but for some reason I don't think it worked?

Comment

Gurgi, Cute photos! Thanks for sharing. Im so glad you got a purple bear.
                          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by winnie_the_pooh View Post
                            All these pictures are so cute! I snuck my Duffy into the Lone Ranger with me and my nephew the other day but I felt too self-conscious to take pictures. Afterwards we went for frozen yogurt but poor Duffy stayed in my bag for fear of ***** looks. Do you guys have any advice for a shy 22 year old who LOVES stuffies and Disney but feels too old for them in public? I want to take my Duffy on adventures like your bears (and to eventually pass them and my bear onto my future kids one day) but I feel silly walking around with him or posing him for pictures unless in a kid-at-heart-friendly area like Disney. Thoughts? :shy:
                            I know you wrote this like...3 months ago and have already gotten some good resonses, but since I'm a shy 22 year old as well I really wanted to reply. I'm never uncomfortable taking my duffy out. I even wear him in a backpack sometimes with his head sticking out and honestly, I've never noticed anyone giving me any kind of looks other than smiles. Granted, this could have something to do with the fact that I look a whole lot younger than I am and have the habit of dressing like a little girl. But anyways. One of my biggest problem with our society is that it's somehow seen as unacceptable to never grow out of stuffed animals-- that those kinds of things are only for children. But I don't let that keep me from doing what makes me happy! Besides, I have better things to do than let jerks get under my skin.

And I forgot to add: I even take Duffy to eat with me at the cafe on my school campus. I'll put him on the table when I don't have anyone to eat with and I've never gotten any negative reactions from anyone. However, that's not to say people aren't thinking stuff about me or talking about me when I'm out of earshot, but like I said earlier. I'm not about to sacrifce my happiness in order to conform to the ideals of others.
                            Last edited by kittyloaf; 10-03-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I love your new photos, gurgi! I am loving Shellie's cat costume and I'm so glad it's such a close match to the famous Duffy one while still being completely girly. I can't wait to get mine.

Comment

I'm so jealous, that Duffy black cat costume is totally one of my Dream items if I can ever get my hands on one! And seeing it with Shellie's cat costume make me want it even more! At least they did the Bat/Cat costumes this year, so I was able to score those! And congrats on the Lavendar Disney Bear! He's too cute for words! I am also hoping to one day get the teal colored Disney Bear. I have a white, brown, and gray Disney bear, but blues are my favorite colors!
                                Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                sigpic

Comment

I'm always checking the local thrift stores for abandoned Duffy/Disney Bears. One of these days I'll hopefully score. I'd love a grey or blue one myself but I'll take whatever I can find.

Comment

^ Me too, I just have not found any yet. I have found other cute Disney plush though. Today I found an Applause made (great gift company that's now out of business) Mickey Mouse plush holding a small Pluto. Pluto is licking Mickey's face. Never seen anything like it before.

Comment

I've missed so many wonderful photos! The epic scooter race, the great shots of Disneyland (or was that WDW?), and Gurgi's awesome Halloween photos and lavender dream come true! Great work, guys! I hope I can do Halloween photos between shopping and events at D23 next weekend. Three straight days of Disney magic!^^

I'll post photos here, too, of course, but not sure how timely I'll be with getting them up.

Comment

My sister is now back in Chicago after a 9 day visit to Nashville .

She definitely bonded with Duffy and Shellie May, but like me, she isn’t big on having her photo on the internet so the photos of her hugging them is for me and a few select friends only. Lo♥ey went right up and gave her a Swiss kiss. She moved in for the left, right, and then left again, at which point my sister’s eyes opened up in surprise. “Oh, another kiss?” she asked for the third one.

“Yes, it’s a SWISS kiss,” said Lo♥ey. Lo♥ey is my sister’s favorite Build-A-Bear.

Shaggy Duffy is my sister’s favorite Disney bear. He is the perfect size for holding, playing with, and cuddling, and she is not tempted to spend her paycheck buying clothes for him.

Well, Shellie May was clinging to my sister, crying, “No, I don’t WANT to go in a cave. That sounds scary; PLEASE don’t make me go,” and my sister was trying to console her, but Shellie May had an acid flashback to being stuffed in a shoebox for her journey to me from Ohio and no amount of cajoling would get her to change her mind. Duffy didn’t have as strong of a negative reaction as Shellie May but he remembers his 11 hour journey home in the trunk of my car in the dark from Downtown Disney so going into a cave didn’t exactly appeal to him either. They stayed in the car all day, content to read their kindles. Duffy is enjoying the Choose your Own Adventure books.

That's called the Batman building by Nashvillians.

Next, we went walking down Broadway, where all the honky tonks are. They open at 11 a.m. and go until 3 a.m. and there is never a cover charge. It is all ages until 9 p.m. and then you must be at least 21 years old to enter. My sister and I had a bushwacker, a drink that started in the Caribbean but has now made its way up to Nashville (is also popular in Florida , perhaps Aimster and Naelyn, you’ve heard of it)? Well, it has 5 different types of liquor in it and no matter how big and burly you are, even if you are some 380 lb. man they cut you off after 2 because it’s 45-70% proof! We split one because we’re lightweights. It was decent; it is supposed to taste like a chocolate milkshake but my sister said it tastes like a giant White Russian to her. Da bears enjoyed all the honky tonks and Shellie May, being the main audiophile of my beary bunch, went into Ernest Tubb’s record shop to peruse their selection.

I went to work on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, while my sister amused herself. So I came home Friday to find out from her that Shaggy Duffy has been discontinued from the Disney store and people on Amazon are charging $169. That's wacked! She was shopping on ebay. Shaggy Duffy helped her find a real one, and not a counterfeit.

Shaggy Duffy noticed someone else named Duffy; it was Patrick Duffy. “Who dat?” he asked. “Oh, forget him, I want YOU,” said my sister, much to Shaggy Duffy’s pleasure.

Then we ate at another British pub, which just opened. It’s called….. “The Pub”.

“Gee, we’re sure getting use out of our British outfits,” said Duffy and Shellie May.

Duffy remembered that Adam Ant is from England and gave a shout out to him. “Hi, Adam Ant, wherever you are! I like your food!”

The first Saturday of every October is a one day free festival (including free parking WOOT) called the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival. This is my 5th time going and there were still 11 performers I wanted to see. There are 5-7 stages depending on their schedule, with performers representing various countries (15% of Nashvillians are foreign born), lots of food booths, and a global village with demonstrations (i.e., over the years I have had my hand painted with henna, tried on a sari, got my name written in Japanese, had my birthdate drawn on the Mayan calendar, etc.), crafts and various foods and products from around the world, a giant parade, and the Parthenon, which was built in 1897 for the World's Fair and is a replica of the Parthenon in Greece, has free admission this day. There is also a newly added beer garden.

We went inside the Parthenon but someone who was just newly assigned would not let me take a photo of the giant Athena statue with the bears. There is definitely photography allowed on that level but we had some acts to see so I didn't have time to argue about it. I will just take the bears next year or some other time. They viewed it; I just couldn't get a photo of them.

This is the Tennessee state flag.

Comment

Duffy remembered that Adam Ant is from England and gave a shout out to him. “Hi, Adam Ant, wherever you are! I like your food!”
                                          Ok that made me laugh because most regular British food is plain and bland. A lot of Brits are all about Indian food/curries. But Americanized versions of pub grub is popular here. There's an Irish pub where I am that has some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. and I had a traditional English breakfast at a local Brit pub (owned by a British couple that live here now) that was pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                                          X