Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Ok that made me laugh because most regular British food is plain and bland. A lot of Brits are all about Indian food/curries. But Americanized versions of pub grub is popular here. There's an Irish pub where I am that has some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. and I had a traditional English breakfast at a local Brit pub (owned by a British couple that live here now) that was pretty decent.
    The Curragh Irish Restaurant that was in Schaumburg, IL had really good boxty (giant potato pancake with filling and then folded in half). I actually like simple food and dislike all the restaurants adding a ton of pepper lately (um, it's on the table so let the patrons add it if they want it), and my sister travels a lot to England and enjoys their food. I like to taste the actual food. In Nashville we have a lot of Middle Eastern food because we have the highest population of Kurds in the country, and I do like whatever they season their foods with, yummy. But if it's highly peppered or highly spiced to hurt my palate and make me choke, um, no thanks.

Comment

I :love: Ruby Falls — and Rock City! Oh, memories of home! Thanks, JillT!

Comment

Happened across this on YouTube...

Comment

:roll:
          :clap:AWESOMETOWN!!!:clap:
          :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Happened across this on YouTube...

Where's ZTRinZler? She loves Origami! Remember that flower she made?

Comment

A good morning to all Duffeteers.

Smile for Duffy.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

My two little Dodger fans getting ready for tonight's game.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                  Where's ZTRinZler? She loves Origami! Remember that flower she made?
                  I've been wondering this for a long time. I assume she's just busy with school.

Comment

Well, I went to take Duffy's high top British shoes off today. I didn't pull but he said, "ooo, ouch" and I noticed now he has a popped foot.

"Maybe you should operate on yourself first," said Shellie May.

Duffy got out the needle but the prospect of sticking it into his OWN foot was quite daunting, so he decided to just run around like Shellie May and continue with his life.

Comment

My mom says her bears are ready for Halloween -- but just wait 'til they see their new bat and cat costumes!
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

So... the bears & I went to Epcot today.

Back again!

First thing they wanted to do... FOOD! So we had lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

After a spin on Living With the Land, a viewing of Captain EO & some free soda at Club Cool, we headed to World Showcase.

At Epcot, Duffy usually has a line. Not an overly long line, but still a line.

Big Duffy was happy to see Shellie May!

Went over to Disney Traders (the Duffy store) and they had plenty of this year's Food & Wine 12" Duffy. He's a cutie.

Lots of pillow pets too.

At first I didn't see any puppets, but then saw this guy sticking out of a Mickey pumpkin bucket. He was just too cute for words and got him. Discovered later there were several puppets over at MouseGear.

Puppet Duff proved right away he's a little troublemaker... he went straight for the booze!

Duffy wanted to try on the chef Mickey ears they're selling during Food & Wine.

Best friends!

They loved the Victoria Gardens at the Canada pavilion.

Group photo!

Off Kilter was playing, so we stopped to watch. Puppet Duff was rocking out. Good to know we have another music lover in the "family".

Hopefully one day we'll visit the real Paris.

Puppet Duff was all about the sushi!

Puppet Duff also made a friend in Kitty Domo.

Shellie May took a page from Duffy by trying to gather up as much Japanese candy as she could manage.

I got one of my favorite beers from the Florida Local booth (Cigar City's Florida Cracker White Ale - I'm a HUGE Cigar City fan, my guy & I visit their brewery/tasting room often). Duffy tried to steal my beer!

And of course Puppet Duff had to get in on the act too.

Eventually we hit the Character Spot to see some old friends...

I brought the bears' pumpkin lanterns with them for after dark and we had some fun.

We had a good day!

Comment

Wonderful photos, Aimster. Although I cannot be there, your photos always make me feel like I have been.

I wish I had the pumpkin lights. At least I have the HY30 ones.

ILG

Comment

Great picture's Aimster!! I love the lights too!! One day I want to bring by Duffy down there and meet up with you.

sigpic

Comment

So I introduced Puppet Duff to the cats. Just as one was sniffing him, I made one of the bear's paws move... cat jumped maybe 3 feet straight up in the air! :lmao:

Comment

This is how my sister’s Shaggy Duffy arrived from Missouri .

I opened the box and Shaggy Duffy sort of puffed up, but he still could not breathe because he was in plastic.

“It’s okay, Shaggy Duffy, that was to protect you from harm and you were shipped Priority Mail so you weren’t suffocating for any longer than necessary. Let’s open that up and get you out of there.”

“Aw, that’s much better, huh?” Shaggy Duffy was trying to peek and climb out. My Shaggy Duffy was looking on.

My Shaggy Duffy on the left and my sister’s new Shaggy Duffy on the right. She will be happy at Christmas, that’s for sure! It's a Shaggy Duffy double dose.

Last edited by JillT; 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Nice pics, aimster! I totally forgot to post my pics from last week at Epcot. Didn't take many, but got some cute character pics with the bears! I'll post later this weekend!
                                  Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                  sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload6_zps26b66392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	7352962

I went to check my mail today and guess who just came in! My 8 inch Duffy! Of course the first thing he wanted to do was go shopping so I happily obliged. To anyone else who has one-- is yours understuffed? His right arm is a little floppy....
                                    this is right after I went to build a bear to buy him his first outfit. What he is standing on in is an iphone charging station but he thought it was a runway to show off his new outfit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload5_zpsdb66fe57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	7352963

and here is us!
                                    Last edited by kittyloaf; 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Adorable, kittyloaf! I love my 8 inch Duffy!
                                      Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                                      sigpic

Comment

I bought two 8 inch Duffy dolls at the Disney Store on the Burbank Studio lot. One was for my friend. We love them. The right arm is understuffed but I think it adds to the personality of the plush. When I picked him up it looked liked he was waving hello!

Comment

It was like a Halloween themed Christmas this morning in my house!

Comment

Working...
                                          X