Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

Showcasing his Mickey costume that I got at Disneyland.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I just spent 8 days in West Virginia viewing the autumn colors in Appalachia but unfortunately the sun only came out ONE day of the whole trip!

Duffy and Shellie May are always excited to see a new state. I've been to all 50 states, finished in 2011, and do not count a layover in an airport, driving through at night, or taking a photo of the state welcome sign. I have experienced something in each state. I doubt they'll see all 50 in their young lives because for some states once was enough for me and I don’t plan on going back, but they were happy to travel again, since they are bears who are meant to go on adventures.

Duffy wore his A (for Alvin the chipmunk) rock sweatshirt, except he thinks A stands for A-OK and he feels way cool wearing it. I like it, too, so I didn't tell him about Alvin the chipmunk.

"Hey, that's me on your blouse, Shellie May," said Duffy when he saw what Shellie May had on.

"Yup, you are my BFF, Duffy," replied Shellie May.

"Aw, you are my BFF, too," Duffy enthusiastically replied as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Then they hugged each other.

Lo♥ey heard the sound of a smooch so she came into the room. "Oh, safe travels, Duffy, mwahhhhh" she said as she kissed him.

"Have fun, Shellie May, mwaaaahhh."

"We love you Lo♥ey, mwahhhh, mwahhhhh," said Duffy and Shellie May in unison as they kissed her back.

Shellie May's blouse and skirt come from this shop on Etsy as an outfit together:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosebudsBoutiqueBows
      Last edited by JillT; 10-20-2013, 06:49 AM.

Comment

It stopped raining long enough to enjoy a walk around Little Beaver lake at the state park by the same name.

Then we visited Babcock State Park with the Glade Creek Grist Mill.

We ended the day at Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park before it started raining harder at 4 p.m.

Shellie May read the history.

Duffy climbed up and said, "BOOM!"

Last edited by JillT; 10-20-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May were in awe of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, one of only two telescopes of its kind in the United States.

"Hmmm, it's not as cold out as I thought," said Duffy as he took his hood off. "Wow, that is a HUMONGOUS telescope!"

"Yeah, sometimes the ears just want to be free," said Shellie May, who declined wearing fur accessories today.

"Ooo, this is SOOOOOO beautiful," said Shellie May as we stopped to get a glimpse of the autumn colors.

"It sure IS," said Duffy.

Shellie May's dress comes from this shop on Etsy and you can just tell the shop owner it's for Shellie May instead of a human child because the shop owner already has Shellie May's measurements and will customize it.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TRGBoutique

Comment

I had an acid flashback to Shellie May insisting on wearing her theme park nightgown to the Mall of America's Nickelodeon Amusement Park.

I woke up to find Duffy wearing his Tokyo Disney Star Wars robe inside out. "Hey, Duffy, let me fix that for you. You have it inside out."

"Paws off," he said. "I want it this way."

"Huh?" I replied, puzzled.

"Yeah, why should all the fun stuff be hidden inside where nobody can see it. THIS is how I'm wearing it."

I know enough now not to argue fashion with Disney bears so I let him leave the hotel looking like that, tag sticking out and all.

It was still a washout so we went to the Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum in Wheeling, West Virginia.

"Oh, boy, this is going to be FUN!" exclaimed Duffy as he tried to get out the car door with Shellie May right behind him, smiling innocently at me when I caught them.

Duffy, being the cat whisperer and general lover of creatures, made friends with the museum 6 month old kitten. "Private convo," said the kitten as I got too close.

There were a lot of interactive exhibits.

I guess Duffy was dressed appropriately after all, with all the Star Wars paraphernalia. I'm not a fan, actually, but there was a whole room of board games from when I was a child, so I just spent more time in there.

"Why is this bear so sad looking," asked Shellie May.

"I don't know. Here, look at the care bears," I told her.

"Yeah, they're much happier. I like them better," said Shellie May.

They played with the giant dominoes because all the games I remember, like Mouse Trap and Perfection, were behind glass.

Shellie May's top comes from this shop on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosebudsBoutiqueBows

Shellie May's skirt was customized from a toddler pattern and comes from this shop on Etsy (this is the lady who has Shellie May's measurements and you can request it be for her instead of a human LOL)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TRGBoutique

Comment

"You don't have to fluff the pillows or make the bed in a hotel, only at home," Shellie May told Duffy.

"Oh, in that case, I'm ready!" he replied.

"Me, too!" echoed Shellie May.

The skies lightened up enough to enjoy the view at Big Ditch.

There is a Build A Bear location at the Charleston Town Center mall but while it's just a generic, sort of old, mall, you must pay $1.25 to park there! What?!?!?

"Oh, good, you brought the pawsport," said Shellie May as she inspected Duffy's backpack.

"Yup, can't forget that," said Duffy.

"I have coupons! Let's go shopping!" said Shellie May.

"Yup, stamp our pawsport right THERE," instructed Duffy."

Mmm, this chair isn't very comfortable. I feel like I can't sit all the way down. You don't have to buy me this," said Shellie May. Well, gee, glad to know I have her permission to take a pass!

"Major Score!" exclaimed Duffy as he left the store with three new outfits.

"Good for you, Duffy, you deserve it," Shellie May told him. She acquired a multi-colored skirt and a sequin bow.

"You already have that bow at home," I said.

"Not anymore. Zhu Xiong took it. I need one of my own," she informed me. Well, for $3, I acquiesced.

Then they rode multiple times around the kiddie carousel.

"Hey, do you know Adam Ant," asked Duffy of the pirate in the window.

As it was getting dark, we stopped at the Custard Stand, a West Virginia novelty chain that serves hot dogs and soft serve ice cream in a variety of flavors. When I asked why they are called "The Custard Stand," if they serve ice cream and not custard, they said, "I don't know. We get a lot of those questions."

Shellie May was a little overwhelmed at all the choices so she just got the flavor of the month, cinnamon pumpkin.

"Ew!!!!" she shouted. "I don't like pumpkin!"

"Really? Let me try it." Well, she practically THREW it at me in her haste to get rid of it. "Ew is right!" I said when I took a bite. "That's pure cloves, not cinnamon pumpkin."

"I'll share mine with you, Shellie May," offered Duffy, who had chosen chocolate malted milk for his flavor.

"Mmmm, much better. Thank you, Duffy," said Shellie May when she tasted that one.

Duffy's outfit was a one of a kind from this shop on Etsy and the owner puts up new items frequently:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BearNaccessories

Shellie May's outfit was from this shop on Etsy and even though they're advertised for American Girl dolls, they fit Shellie May perfectly.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollClothesbyAvola

Comment

Wow, jillT!! You have tons of pawsport stamps! How many in all? I kind of like that yours aren't in neat rows like mine...i think i'm too compulsive about neatness because i only have 2 on each page and thought i already needed another one >.<

Comment

I wish Build A Bear gave more than three pages for the stamps. I purchased another pawsport when I had a coupon for a free accessory and I have an idea how to tape the pages into the original one.

The stamps I have so far are:

Opry Mills (Nashville, TN)
                  Cool Springs Galleria (mall) in Franklin, TN (a suburb of Nashville)
                  Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL (a suburb of Chicago)
                  Knoxville, TN
                  Columbia, SC
                  Greenville, SC
                  Mall of America in Bloomington, MN (a suburb of Minneapolis)
                  Charleston, WV
                  Birmingham, AL

This is all just since March (I got my first Disney bear the end of January).:lol:

Comment

"Hey, do you know Adam Ant," asked Duffy of the pirate in the window.
                    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Comment

I want to share a Duffy photo:

What would happen if Duffy began helping delivering messages with love, happiness and luck? I drew up a design that looked something like this:

His very own Cape Cod Postal Service uniform. It consists of a long sleeved coat with the Mickey anchor emblem and his name in cursive script. His accessory is a messenger's bag, like TippyBlue's.

What do you think?

Comment

I like the idea and concept art, MikkiMausu.
                        ILG

Comment

MikkiMausu, do you sew? I bet you could make your designs in real life!

Comment

Originally posted by kittyloaf View Post
                            MikkiMausu, do you sew? I bet you could make your designs in real life!
                            I'm afraid not, but I can sketch out a good drawing.

Comment

I love it, MikkiMausu!
                              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                              sigpic

Comment

We went to the pumpkin patch today-- which coincidentally had no pumpkin patch this year ._.; There was a Civil War re-enactment though, which was really cool. I might get involved in the next one as a (scrawny and feminine) Confederate soldier.

This nice lady from the Union camp (I'm a Southerner through and through so it was kind of an accident that my dad and I ended up there LOL) agreed to hold Duffy for a photo op.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	duffy3_zpsbf5537c4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	7353147

Outside one of the tents. I didn't realize that the re-enactors were actually camping out so I'm glad the owner of the tent didn't see me. He probably would have been wondering what this bear was doing stealing his chair.

Name:	duffy2_zps1d9d6b86.jpg
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	7353148

This one speaks for itself <3

Name:	duffy4_zps9cb59c62.jpg
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	7353149

Happy almost Halloween everyone!

Comment

kittyloaf where was this?

sigpic

Comment

A fall festival that is held on a farm down in Harpserville, AL

Comment

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

Comment

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I know it's tomorrow, but I wanted to do one last celebration before we all get excited about Christmas, LOL!

Kitty Kisses

ShellieMay & Gigi are great friends

ShellieMay really loves being a kitty!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                                          HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I know it's tomorrow, but I wanted to do one last celebration before we all get excited about Christmas, LOL!

Kitty Kisses

ShellieMay & Gigi are great friends

ShellieMay really loves being a kitty!

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Those are adorable. The costume really fits the storyline with Gigi and I'm glad Shellie May made friends with your plush cat. I have those costumes, too, but Duffy and Shellie May here are dressing up in a non-Disney costume tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X