Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

My "Sweet Duffy" care package arrived yesterday, and I was so happy! I just finished midterms and I got sick, so this was a great way to celebrate for me, since I was stressed out and ill. So...here we go!

This bench is a dream come true! I have been searching for this exact type of seat for Duffy and ShellieMay for ages, so when it was announced, I was so happy! In person, it's very nice, and feels sturdy and high-quality. There are rubber nubs on the bottom to protect it and whatever you set it on from scratching. The printing is brown, and it looks great!

ShellieMay was checking out the bench.

Duffy ran over and jumped right on, and hogged the whole thing!

ShellieMay asked Duffy if he could be nice and share the seat. He agreed, and told her he was just teasing in the first place, of course he'll always share with her. He scooched over...

It's got plenty of room for two.

I love the Sweet Duffy costumes this year, they just have such a comfortable, friendly vibe. I almost think of Raggedy Ann & Andy.

Here are Duffy and ShellieMay bear-naked.

Here they are in the Cape Cod regular outfits. I love these sets, especially with the accessories.

Duffy.

ShellieMay.

Speaking of those accessories, something surprised me now that I have them in person. They have little metal charms attached to them. This is a new thing for Duffy costumes, and I really like the detail. I noticed that ShellieMay's new Spring Voyage bracelet has one of these charms on it too. Also, in keeping with the theme that OLC set, Duffy's charm is gold, and ShellieMay's charm is silver.

This is Shellie's other regular Cape Cod outfit, her basic skirt & bow set with the CC shirt.

Then, the new yellow bow that came with the accessories set.

Lastly, the newest "varsity" Cannery Clothing Company sets are just fantastic. They are even better than I imagined, and there are details that were not visible in the pictures online.

Duffy looks so adorable in this, it might just be my favorite so far. He looks like a little man.

I love the little anchor embroidery on his sleeve.

So...adorable!!

ShellieMay looks fabulous! So 60's! She looks like she could be dancing and singing on the set of Hairspray!

I love that as well as bloomers, they included a toile underskirt to add volume to her dress. It looks great.

Here they are together.

And, then the sweaters! These finish the look, and the details are really nice, especially one that I'll show in a bit...

"D" for Duffy. The border thread is pink, and so is Duffy's shirt, which I didn't realize before. I love that!

"S" for ShellieMay. I love that the thread for the borders is a pale pink, it's so subtle but perfect.

And...the last amazing detail has to be on the back of the sweaters. They didn't show these at all on the website, and were a total surprise to me. Each bear has an anchor on their back, and they are just like real patches you would have on a letterman sweater/jacket. That fuzzy wool fabric with nice embroidered trim.

Duffy's is the basic "Mickey anchor" that is used a lot on official artwork. Also, the border thread is the same pale pink.

ShellieMay's anchor is a nice surprise, because they altered it for her by adding a bow near the top. I like it a lot. Also, the colors are great, the teal blue with the pink thread.

I'm just so happy with all of this stuff, and as always, I'm overwhelmed by the quality, and it's better than I had imagined.
    Last edited by gurgi; 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM.
    Meow

Comment

Thank you! Smiling Duffy is happy to be here. It wasn't terribly hard to make him smile. Though JillT, I would say that Duffy is the brave one. He got a needle through him quite a few times, and I just had the one time it happened yesterday.

Gurgi, I LOVE your photos and reviews! That bench is so perfect for you! On this computer anyway it looks like a quite a few of the photos are duplicated, but I went to Photobucket and viewed them that way. Duffy's CCC outfit is AMAZING; you're right. What a great little man!
      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Is it just me or do Gurgi's pictures not match the captions? (It could be me just finished a paper).

Comment

No, it wasn't just you. I had some crazy internet antics earlier and it duplicated the photos. Then, the internet went down. I just went back and fixed all the images so that they match the captions now. Sorry about that! So confusing!
          Meow

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	232323232%7Ffp83232)uqcshlukaxroqdfv7375=ot)2363=5;7=3 5=XROQDF)2 896 8 623 ot1lsi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	7355178Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

sigpic

Comment

Gurgi,
              I'm a bit confused by your smiling 17" Duffy. Did you alter his mouth?
              ILG

Comment

Imamouse, love the St. Patty's day photo!

ILG, I didn't alter my smiling Duffy. I'm not nearly as resourceful as Eeee-va. He is an official one from Christmas 2009. They used to do them each holiday from 2006 to 2009. I'm not sure why they stopped, it was a nice tradition. We've been hoping they would bring it back and include ShellieMay this time but so far, only the small Spring Voyage bears. I'm glad I was able to get mine though, I really love him. That was the year I found out about Duffy and started collecting, thanks to DuffyD.
                Meow

Comment

Okay. I was already mapping in my head how you would have deconstructed the front of the face and reconstructed with a smile.
                  I love my Duffster too much to consider plastic surgery of that nature...on my own.

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day from Lucky, Shamrock, and ShellieMay.

Comment

No pictures, just wanted to say I received my Sweet Duffy items. Thank You Duffy D.
                      Last edited by mmommie; 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Name:	stpaddy.jpg
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	7355181

Comment

As to the smiling bears, DuffyDaisuki actually DID create a Smiling Shellie May to match the Japanese Smiling Duffy! I have trouble finding photos when I want them but you can see her at http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...post1056668374

(I can't imagine how much work that was!)

I love everyone's green! :love: Immamouse, your Duffy is so festive! Ilovegreataur, your gang went all out! LOL. Aimster, those outfits are fabulous; were they Build-a-Bear, or did your aunt make them?

I don't think any of my bears have a green outfit, though Dusty my 8" bear has some Build a Bear clothes that have SOME green. Good thing the plush bears do not have fingers or there may have been some pinching going on yesterday!

My care package arrived safe and sound (I was a little anxious because the buttons rattling around in the bottle sounded suspiciously like something was broken, but nope; all is well). I'll have to post pictures tomorrow...I delayed opening until I got some work done, and then as soon as I took the final photo, Shellie May actually told me it was bedtime. (By flopping over on her face, but still...message received, little buddy!)

THANK YOU for EVERYTHING, DuffyD!
                          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                            Aimster, those outfits are fabulous; were they Build-a-Bear, or did your aunt make them?
                            Duffy's top & Shellie's dress are from BAB. Duffy's pants are from the Peter Pan costume & Shellie's sweater is a newborn infant size my mom got for her a couple years ago. It's kind of big, but I just roll up the sleeves and tug at the back until it looks how I want.

Comment

I recently got my Sweet Duffy package, and am I satisfied with my stuff or what! I am in love with my new mold. In fact, I made some chocolates with it tonight to celebrate!

Here's the candies I made:

Name:	BjDE6aZCYAAJzf6.jpg
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	7355190

And here's what you see when you bite in (sorry Shellie May):

Name:	BjDFc7BCAAA6sUm.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	7355191

Caramel! It was really easy to make and I really enjoy them. I only wish I had more molds so that I could make more at once! It feels like the rest of the caramel I made went to waste not being in cute bear shape. Next time I might try it with some sea salt or use milk instead of semisweet chocolate. I'm also going to try to make some other things soon with my molds!
                              Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
                              Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

Drooling at your caramels!! Yum yum yum. Salt would be amazing. I thought the same thing I was like darn what am I gunna do with the rest of this melted chocolate, I'll have to 1/4 my recipe.

Comment

Care package came today! Duffy and Shellie May surveying the contents of our care package:

Silly Duffy and Shellie May -- it only rained one day and that was a couple of weeks ago now

Checking out the design on the inside of the cup while they wait to get dressed:

The Sweet Duffy outfits are so gorgeous. I love everything about them; they are a dream come true. I really like how the red hearts are little pockets:

The quality and the level of detail on everything is just amazing.

The Cannery outfits are fantastic as usual:

My mom's Duffy, patiently getting dressed:

Mom's Duffy has a cute little funny face that makes him unique, just like every Duffy is unique :

Sitting pretty, all in a row:

My mom's bears are to the left, and mine are to the right.
                                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Love it!!
                                    Meow

Comment

Fab photos, stephaluna and Aimster!

Love "Girl Talk," JillT! You communicated so much :love: with just a few well-planned photos and hardly any words. Impressive!

TheFirstStar, that was the best, most motivating Care Package opening in a long while. THANK YOU!:love:

Setavulos, share the recipe; those look GOOD!

Eeee-va, like Gurgi, I love and respect your maker spirit. And thanks for the shout out for ShellieMay. 'Strue, it wasn't easy. But it was a heckuva lot easier than making them poseable!^^

Gurgi, your detailed reviews always make me so happy because I never have time, not such a picture perfect Cape Cod backdrop. Wonderful! THANK YOU!

The Duffy Post is first and foremost about honoring the creativity, integrity, and craftsmanship of the genius design team. It's so nice to see both that enthusiasm and the creativity they strive to alive on these boards! Love you guys!:love:

Comment

Duffy and ShellieMay are having a great week. First they got their bench on Saturday and now a package came for them from Walt Disney World!!

They were so excited and couldn't wait to try on their new ponchos! Now they can go out when it rains!

Comment

Originally posted by pacdomer View Post
                                          Today was Duffy Post day and the bears couldn't be more happy!

Duffy was excited to check out his new piece of furniture:

Duffy decided to cozy up to his girlfriend and use his pirate charm, but ShellieMay played it very coy!

Thanks DuffyDaisuki!
                                          Oh, wow! I missed these - too cute! Shellie's kimono is really pretty! And the rain ponchos actually look cute and "retro" on your bears, much better than I'd imagined. They're ready for Splash Mountain! Or Niagara Falls!^^

Comment

Working...
                                          X