Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Thanks for the upload, Aimster! Duffy wants one! I don't like how the tires slant out when they show him pulling out of the garage. I can't believe the guy got on the road with it! I love how he dragged it inside work like luggage!

Do you remember the Yugo? $4,400 and if you hit a curb while parking it TOTALLED the car because it was so poorly made!

I don't like taffy because it has no flavor but I did buy some nerds at the Sweets store in the Island, which is the newest entertainment complex in Pigeon Forge (sporting a fountain and a 200' ferris wheel).

Comment

So this happened today:

But I can't stay mad cuz he's just too cute. He knows he did something wrong...

It wasn't even out on a table or anything. He actually opened the cabinet door and jumped up to the shelf with the mugs and knocked it over. I'm going to try to glue it and just use it for decoration. Fortunately, the image of Duffy and Shellie May in their Halloween costumes is mostly intact

Just thought I'd share.
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Aww, so sorry that happened, First Star!

I'm tellin' ya, there's something about those tuxedo cats. I have one too, and he's an ornery little devil that gets into everything. Once he knocked over and broke a Donald Duck coffee mug from WDW and I had to special order a new one (it was a complete set, so I couldn't stand having one missing). But he's so cute I can never stay mad at him for very long.

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May went on a Nashville outing. First they viewed the state capitol building and enjoyed the fountain at War Memorial Plaza.

By then the library had opened.

There was a flags and faces exhibit.

The library is HUGE. Shellie May perused the CD collection.

The children's section has a puppet exhibit.

Shellie May is queen bee sitting on the throne.

There were a variety of colorful places to sit. They had to take a rest in between all the browsing, as they loaded up my bookbag from last year's summer reading program.

It was a beautiful day and the library has a lovely courtyard with a fountain.

Croque Monsieur

Our version of the classic French dish features grilled ham & swiss on sourdough with Dijon cheese sauce, tomato concasse and herbs
          And Shellie May ordered:

French Toast

"I can't make a whole meal out of dessert," said Duffy.

"I CAN!" exclaimed Shellie May, as she stood firm on her choice.

Plus of course, we loaded up on a variety of pastries and desserts, with multiple macaroons.

When we got home, Shellie May poured her milk.

Duffy dove into the bag to get things ready.

"Hmmm, I'll give you my salad for some of your French toast, Shellie May," he offered.

"No, way, I don't want your salad!" Shellie May said. "But if you're nice to me I'll give you a bite of my French toast anyway."

"I'm always nice to you," said Duffy.

"Yes, you are. I was just teasing tee hee. Here you go," said Shellie May as she forked over a piece.

"Meh, not worth my cheat," she said.

"Yeah, but mine is good. Do you want a bite of mine?" Duffy asked. "One good turn deserves another."

"Sure," said Shellie May. "Yum, I like the mustard."

"Okay, time for dessert!" said Duffy when they had finished their croque monsieur.

Well, you can imagine after THAT sugar high, even if they were tempering it with organic milk, that they were in no mood to read. So they ran around for a few hours burning it off and eventually calmed down.

"Okay, let's survey our inventory," they said, as they peered into the book bag.

Shellie May stacked the books and then climbed up. They are definitely stereotypical bears in their love of climbing on anything and everything.

"I can't quite reach you, Shellie May. We should have gotten a few more!" said Duffy. Never mind that the bag was stuffed plus I had to carry them around due to the many levels at the public library downtown and how big it is.

"Okay, let's get down to business!" said Duffy, as they filled out their paperwork.

They are aiming for 50 points so they can get another book bag. Considering it just takes reading 20 minutes to get one point, and you can also get points for downloading music from freegal, watching a video from Hoopla, ordering items online (Shellie May's specialty), and telling a friend about the library, they will reach 50 points in no time!

"Let's DO this!" said Duffy, as they high fived each other and then got back to planning their strategy.
          Last edited by JillT; 05-04-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Yesterday was Free Comic Book Day, so Duffy & I hit up one of the local comic book stores to see what was what.

Spider-Man was there meeting customers! He loved Duffy's Captain America costume.

We were able to pick 3 free comics (this particular shop had a bunch of old regular comics in addition to the Free Comic Book Day releases, which was pretty cool). Duffy picked Guardians of the Galaxy and Fantastic Four. I snagged a Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic for myself. We also found an Avengers comic with Captain America on the cover in the $1 box!

Our haul:

Comment

Aimster, I love the pic of Duffy with his Captain America costume and Spiderman. That's a good deal for comics; I'm happy for you

JillT

Comment

So sad that the starter of this forum has been banned. Y'all don't think this forum will be shut down, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                  So sad that the starter of this forum has been banned. Y'all don't think this forum will be shut down, do you?
                  Huh? Who was banned?
                  Last edited by mmommie; 05-04-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Malin; whenever I go to this forum it defaults to page 1. Then I hit last page.

Comment

I'm friends with Malin on Facebook. Didn't know he got banned from MC. That's weird. I may have to ask him how that came about.

But just because he got banned doesn't mean this thread will be closed. The thread is current and active - no reason to lock it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Jill

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          I'm friends with Malin on Facebook. Didn't know he got banned from MC. That's weird. I may have to ask him how that came about.

But just because he got banned doesn't mean this thread will be closed. The thread is current and active - no reason to lock it.
                          Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by mmommie View Post
                            Thank you for the reply Jill
                            You're welcome. Glad it won't affect this particular thread

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May dressed up for Cinco De Mayo again.

Then came the main course.

Finally, it was time for dessert.

"My flan got mutilated," said Duffy as he took a close look.

"I got Mexican fried ice cream," exclaimed Shellie May with joy. She sure likes ice cream (it's her favorite treat).

They both liked their desserts so at least the presentation did not ruin the taste!

Their table manners are not the best so I generally do takeaway for them. They’re getting better with my constant reminders, but they’re still not ready to eat in public!

Shellie May's outfit comes from this store on Etsy and as long as it isn't a really fitted, snug style, she wears American girl clothes just fine.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollClothe...ophome_leftnav

Comment

Jill,
                                I love the sombrero! The OCD in me is screaming about you having your beverages in the table without coasters.

Looks like it was a great feast.
                                ILG

Comment

This was posted on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/disneyland....type=1&theater

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Comment

That is really impressive. I don't understand why the 2nd picture looks so pale.

Comment

Just a Duffy photo to share:

Comment

Happy Mother's Day!

From Minnie and Duffy.

Comment

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

Comment

Working...
                                          X