Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

LOL, Jill! Love the food coma. And the plastic food.

That burger place sounds amazing, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
      LOL, Jill! Love the food coma. And the plastic food.

That burger place sounds amazing, BTW.
      Thanks. I'm lucky in that there are several good eateries withing walking distance. I think I like the shakes even more than the burgers; like Shellie May I love ice cream.

Comment

Saw these online...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	10559743_703986396316537_7859225744134729096_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	7356653
        this hula olaf looks handmade, at least the grass skirt does. Not sure if it's disney made or not.

These I asked the person who posted the picture if they were handmade, and they said they were from Disney... -shrugs-

Comment

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

I went to Downtown Disney shopping for Back-to-School clothes, and it included a visit to Build-a-Bear. Bought a red t-shirt with a front pocket for my Duffy and here he is sporting it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by BugCatcherJenna View Post
            Saw these online...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]37718[/ATTACH]
            this hula olaf looks handmade, at least the grass skirt does. Not sure if it's disney made or not.
            I would love this to be a Disney made costume!

Comment

Originally posted by BugCatcherJenna View Post
              Saw these online...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]37718[/ATTACH]

These I asked the person who posted the picture if they were handmade, and they said they were from Disney... -shrugs-
              All of those costumes are fan made from what I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                Aw, what was rough about it? Which one are you, Hailsnail? I'm glad your Duffy bears helped
                I'm on the left. I ended up getting very sick and had to go to the emergency room. And then for some of the trip, I had to be in a wheelchair.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hailsnail, welcome.
                  Sorry your trip had downfalls. I think it is funny that Duffy (or is that Stitch? ) was in the wheelchair.
                  A few years back, I was in a wheelchair for the trip. My then 3.5 year old daughter was so lazy and only sat on my lap. A bear would be much lighter!

On the bright side, we skipped lines and my husband could move us through the park at a fast pace. People don't want to be run over by wheelchairs!

ILG

Comment

Originally posted by Hailsnail View Post
                    I'm on the left. I ended up getting very sick and had to go to the emergency room. And then for some of the trip, I had to be in a wheelchair.
                    OMG, that is absolutely horrible HailSnail! I hope you are fully recovered! I hope you can go back to Disney soon and that it didn't ruin the idea for you! That's horrible!

Comment

JillT, you've reached a whole new level of great posing with "Picnic" and "Food Coma." Kudos!:clap:

hailsnail, that really does sound awful. I hope you have a lot of happy memories like the one in the photo above to help balance out the rough stuff.

Comment

Amazing pictures as always JillT!

Hailsnail ; Awww. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better and you go back to Disney soon.

Comment

Thanks Duffy Daisuki and DuffylovrDisney. Shellie May informed me when she came out of her food coma that she was still "pleasantly puffed" and wants to try a "spiked" shake next time...

Comment

Oh goodness. XD

Comment

We went for a long weekend in Cooperstown, NY. We went to 3 breweries, 1 distillery, 3 museums, and Howe Caverns. The bears went with us to The Farmer's Museum and The National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum.

Welcome to the Farmer's Museum.

Duffy and ShellieMay were very excited to pose with this old stagecoach.

Duffy was extra excited to find out that it was Duffy's Tally Ho.

The stagecoach was built ~1870. The Duffy family purchased the stagecoach in 1908. The last time the stagecoach was used was in 1953. Mr. Duffy invited people to take part in the final ride events. Because he believed it to be built in the 1820s, they all had to dress in "Civil War Era" attire. Fourteen to sixteen people piled atop it for the final ride.

Next up was the Cardiff Giant.

It was carved out of gypsum and can be attributed to George Hull. It was quite the elaborate hoax.

There was a special exhibit about pick-up trucks and how they've impacted the history of our country. Duffy and ShellieMay enjoyed having their pictures taken in tires.

My husband enjoyed taking a photo of me taking a photo of the bears, saying something about "evidence" of my "insanity".

We went on to the print shop. The bears are posing next to a template for a child's book.

A single sheet of paper is printed, folded in a specific way, sewn, then trimmed. The result is a book with all the printing in the proper positioning. If you look carefully at the picture, some of the pages are type set upside-down so that after folding, it will be right-side up.

We met with a man who was fixing a loom. It was all very complicated yet simple.

We later met with a woman who was making a blanket on another loom. She showed us how it worked and how she was making a cool diamond pattern. It was fascinating. I took no photo though.

We visited with the Blacksmith. Duffy was very interested in this and we spent time discussing pig iron. It was very heavy.

We met with some ladies who were harvesting hops. They told us that the yellow powdery like substance in the flower is lupulin, which is what is used in making beer.

Here, Duffy and ShellieMay are harvesting the hops.

They use the hops grown on-site to make the beer that is served in Bump Tavern. So, we stopped into the tavern and Duffy enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

Lastly, before we left for the day, we stopped at the carousel.

All the pieces are carved from wood. There are 23 animals, all of which are native to New York.

The National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum and Howe Caverns to follow tomorrow...
                              Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 08-13-2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: better story

Comment

:clap: That was great! It felt like an episode of Reading Rainbow!

And "evidence…insanity…" It's funny because we can all relate!

Cant wait for more!!

Comment

That was a very unique farmer's museum, Ilovegreataur. I also have a high embarrassment factor and don't care if people look at me when taking pictures of da bears, and I don't have any children! LOL!

Comment

You may have noticed that Duffy wore his baseball jersey and hat for the trip. He was very excited to go to the Hall of Fame. I wasn't all that excited (been there, done that, bored the first time), but my husband loves baseball and wanted to show things to our daughter.

I am from Pittsburgh, so I am interested in the Pirates. My husband is from NYC, so we route for the NY Mets in our house.

Forbes Field was THE baseball stadium in Pittsburgh. Here, Duffy is sitting atop an original ticket box.

The stadium stood in Oakland, which is where the University of Pittsburgh is located. A building, my school building, is located at the site. It is called the Forbes Quadrangle. On the first floor of the building is home plate. It is under plexiglass, so one can see it.

Duffy posed in front of the display for Willie Stargell.

My dad was a florist and did some business with him. I grew up hearing that Willie Stargell was a crook because he cheated my dad out of some money. So, in my mind, Hall of Famer or not, he's a crook.

Although Duffy didn't pose in front of the display for Roberto Clemente, the plaque is shown for the remembrance of the good man.

A bronze statue of him stands outside of PNC Field.

Let's Go Mets!

All that walking deserves a short break in these seats. They are from Connie Mack stadium in Philadelphia. It was the first stadium to be made of concrete and steel.

We went in to see a movie of sorts and Duffy wanted to play catch on the field. There was a sign saying that we weren't allowed on the field, so Duffy just posed.

Outside the room with the movie was this cow. Both Duffy and ShellieMay wanted to sit on the cow, one on each horn. My daughter wouldn't allow me to sneak under the ropes to pose the bears. So, we did what we could.

Duffy had a little excitement upon finding the batting average for Hugh Duffy. He thought that since they share a name, he could do just as well.

Of course, we should all remember that women played a big role in baseball during World War II.

In hind sight, it should have been ShellieMay posing in front of this poster.

At the end of what seemed like an endless visit, the bears got comfy in these seats.

Howe Caverns:
                                    The bears wanted to come along, but we didn't bring them into the cavern. It is such an awesome creation that I wanted to share a few choice pictures.

These formations are from water leeching through the limestone and calcite forming on the surface...or something like that.

There is an underground stream (lit by blue lights). After it levels out and with the help of an underground dam, we took a boat ride on the stream.

This is in the Winding Way. It is looking up, not down. The top of the crevice was so far up that it couldn't really be seen.

It is neat to see how the water carved the stone over 6 million years.

It was a great trip!
                                    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 08-14-2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Loving my new shirt, Looking Gooood!Click image for larger version

Name:	10614288_10203510208188163_4160796435553233295_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	7356703

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                                        Hailsnail, welcome.
                                        Sorry your trip had downfalls. I think it is funny that Duffy (or is that Stitch? ) was in the wheelchair.
                                        A few years back, I was in a wheelchair for the trip. My then 3.5 year old daughter was so lazy and only sat on my lap. A bear would be much lighter!

On the bright side, we skipped lines and my husband could move us through the park at a fast pace. People don't want to be run over by wheelchairs!

ILG
                                        Thank you Ilovegreataur. I powered through the trip, with my sister zipping me around in the wheelchair for some of it, which did get us through some lines quickly. But I tired out easily and we weren't able to stay as long or do as much as we had originally planned.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                                          Amazing pictures as always JillT!

Hailsnail ; Awww. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better and you go back to Disney soon.
                                          Thanks! I am feeling better and am hoping to plan another Disney trip as soon as possible. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X