Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by JillT View Post
    OMG, that is absolutely horrible HailSnail! I hope you are fully recovered! I hope you can go back to Disney soon and that it didn't ruin the idea for you! That's horrible!
    Thank you, I am a lot better now. I've been floating the idea of a Disney trip to everyone I know, trying to find someone to go with me. lol. It definitely did not put me off of Disney, I don't think anything every could. I still had a great time, because I don't think it's possible to not smile when you're in Disney. It's funny though because my friends and I have a joke that all our Disney trips are cursed, something always happens to derail our plans.

Comment

My little family Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	7356749

Comment

Originally posted by Hailsnail View Post
        I've been floating the idea of a Disney trip to everyone I know, trying to find someone to go with me. lol.

I still had a great time, because I don't think it's possible to not smile when you're in Disney.
        Hailsnail,
        both JayCee and I will be down there in the beginning of December (overlap Dec 5-10). If you do happen to make a trip and it is then, we can meet. A few are local and we hope to meet with them (yes, you mmommie!).

I agree with your feeling about how can one not be happy at WDW. Anytime I see a child cry, I say, "They are at Walt Disney World. Why would they be crying?"

ILG

Comment

I took my Duffy on a trip to Atlanta Georgia where they film The Vampire Diaries and The Originals tv shows. Duffy was one lucky bear to have been able to go many places. They film The Vampire Diaries in Covington GA and The Originals in Conyers GA. I didn't take him on the tours because it involved a lot of walking and it was very hot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	7356812Duffy sitting at a table inside The Mystic Grill reading the menu. He decided on the Fried Chicken for dinner.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill4 (480x640).jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	7356813Duffy sitting in Alaric's chair at the bar of The Mystic Grill. He didn't want to go back to the booth to eat his dinner. He said he wanted to stay at the bar.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill5 (480x640).jpg
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	7356814Duffy sitting on top of The Mystic Grill restaurant by the logo.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill6 (480x640).jpg
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	7356815Duffy posing in front of the famous clock tower used in filming The Vampire Diaries where Katherine jumps off the tower.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill7 (480x640).jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	7356816Duffy posing with The Mystic Falls town square in the background. He knows there's a Vampire store down there but unfortunately he never got the chance to go inside. However he did get some neat vampire things that I ended up buying for him.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill8 (480x640).jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	7356817I think Duffy enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop of The Mystic Grill. I don't think he wanted to come down but with a storm quickly approaching he decided that was best.

Name:	duffyatmysticgrill9 (640x480).jpg
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	7356818Here he is hanging in the window. I just could not get Duffy to leave.

Name:	duffyinmysticfalls12 (480x640).jpg
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	7356819We quickly ran over so he could get his picture with Ian's star before the downpour and running to the car which was parked right across the way.

Name:	duffyinmysticfalls11 (640x480).jpg
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	7356820The next day I took Duffy and his pal Klaus monkey to the famous "Welcome to Mystic Falls Virgina" sign so they could pose and say they have been to Mystic Falls. I could not get Duffy to leave but promised him that if he did we would head to New Orleans to take his picture where they film The Originals which is really in Conyers GA.

Name:	duffyinneworleans2 (480x640).jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	7356821Duffy looking at the famous bite marks left behind after Niklaus Mikaelson bit Josh on the tv show The Originals. They put the imprint on this bench. Duffy now got to see what an actual hybrid (vampire, and werewolf) bite looked like.

Name:	duffyinneworleans3 (480x640).jpg
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	7356822Duffy is hanging out at the famous lamp post that Niklaus Mikaelson and Elijah Mikaelson from The Originals hang out at outside The Black Cat.

Name:	duffyinneworleans5 (480x640).jpg
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	7356823Duffy hanging outside the Voodoo shop. He wanted to go inside but unfortunately they don't use the inside anymore for filming. So he sat in the window.

Name:	duffyinneworleans6 (480x640).jpg
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	7356824Duffy peeking in the window of the Voodoo Shop. Luckily I was able to go into The Black Cat and buy him some vampire tarot cards. I would have loved to have looked at the books they had for sale as well as some potions but hopefully next time.

Duffy didn't want to go back to the hotel room. Neither did I. It seemed that I kept going back and forth from Mystic Falls to New Orleans since they were about 10 miles apart. I told Duffy he could come into the vampire store next time to pick out his own things and hopefully will have a better shirt than the one I made him.

Comment

Da bears discovered Harry Potter.

“Wow, some of these books are really thick!!! They’re labeled juvenile? I would think they’d be labeled young adult,” said Duffy.

“This first one is pretty short,” said Shellie May as she started reading it.

“Let me see,” said Zhu Xiong, my newest bookworm, pulling out one of the books. “Oh, wait, this one looks bigger,” she said, choosing the bottom book.

“This one is the thickest, at 870 pages!” said Duffy.

“I’m not afraid of big books. I have all day,” said Zhu Xiong.

“I have all day, too, but I’m not into SERIES of books. Just get to the point, tell the story, and I’ll move on….to the NEXT author!” said Duffy, feeling WAY overwhelmed.

“Here, bears. They made movies out of them, too,” I offered. I tried reading and watching the Harry Potter series when they first came out and while I usually like fantasy themes, and I could appreciate that they were well written, I just couldn’t get into them, but now I’m giving it another try.

“Meh, I think the movies will be good enough. That worked for Lord of the Rings,” said Duffy. “Bearami, wanna watch these?” he asked.

Bearami showed up 20 seconds later, happy to be included.

“Here, Shellie May, we will put the Harry Potter books in YOUR pile,” said Duffy. “Wow, that’s impressive.”

“Too bad they don’t have a contest at the library for who can read the MOST books!” said Shellie May. “I would win for sure!”

“Well, don’t forget; they’re due in 3 weeks,” said Duffy.

“Don’t forget, I can RENEW them!” said Shellie May.

“Don’t forget, you can only renew them if nobody else has a hold on them. You’re not the only patron in the whole city of Nashville!” said Duffy.

“Yeah, Shellie May, don’t get ahead of yourself there,” I told her.

“Well, I DO have to account for the fact that I might not like some of these and return them unread.”

“That’s true for me, too,” agreed Duffy. "Still, you might want to turn down the TYPE A attitude a little bit."

Um, yeah, luckily that one went right over Shellie May's head.

“Okay, have fun with the movies but don’t give us spoilers,” said Shellie May.

She and Zhu Xiong went to another room and shut the door. They want to try the books first but they don’t want to be distracted and find out what happens by hearing the movies.

Bearami, meanwhile, was putting the first DVD in the player.

“Oh, wait, snacks first!” said Duffy, as he took the party size bag of M&Ms. Da bears love M&Ms because they melt in their mouth, not in their paws. It is supposed to be 99F today so it is a perfect day to stay in as a couch potato and not even get out of pajamas!

“I like dark chocolate,” said Shellie May as she and Zhu Xiong went off with that bag. “We can switch later if you like,” she offered.

“Mmm, mmmm, sounds good to me,” said Duffy.

Comment

Summer days!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38166[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by SailorDuffy View Post
                Summer days!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38166[/ATTACH]
                This one made me laugh out loud. Also, good use of color and composition. Enjoy the summer while it lasts

Comment

I love it too. The goggles put it over the top!

Comment

Shellie May did it! I usually go to the library once per week.

She didn't put a book in the return pile and it is unable to be renewed because someone else has a hold on it. I won't be going until next week so the fine will be 70 cents, but even though the library is only 1/2 mile out of the way one-way from work, I'm lazy. In the 6 1/2 years I've lived here I had one DVD go 3 days overdue = $3.00 but that was it.

Inheritance : or, The vault of souls
                    by Paolini, Christopher.

Aug 25, 2014 OVERDUE FINE $0.10

"Oh, well, nobody's perfect, Shellie May. Just be more careful. Library books will still be there later so there's no need to stockpile them."

"Oops, sorry," she said, as she covered her face.

Meanwhile, Duffy was mumbling about nominating her for a TV show called Hoarders or something...in a humorous way, not being mean, but it WAS pretty funny.
                    Last edited by JillT; 08-26-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Ten Cents?! Wow you got off easy. I think overdue DVD's are fined $2 each day at my library. My library is city owned and independent from the county system in Los Angeles.
                      When VHS ruled the world, there was a $2 fine if you didn't rewind the tape.
                      The bears might like the Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. A great fantasy series -though at times can be violent.
                      Last edited by dazyhill; 08-27-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
                        Ten Cents?! Wow you got off easy. I think overdue DVD's are fined $2 each day at my library. My library is city owned and independent from the county system in Los Angeles.
                        When VHS ruled the world, there was a $2 fine if you didn't rewind the tape.
                        The bears might like the Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. A great fantasy series -though at times can be violent.
                        Yeah, DVDs are $1 a day here which is how one of mine went 3 days overdue = $3.00 one time (before Shellie May, can't blame it on her). Books were a nickel a day since I was a child but a few years ago they raised it to ten cents a day LOL. My sister is like, "it's only 1/2 mile out of the way each way and you STILL won't make an extra trip?" but i told her it's a more congested route so my time is worth the 70 cents to go next week.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have heard of that series but have not tried it. I'm actually enjoying the movies of Harry Potter much better this time, but I agree with Duffy. After reading the first book and a half, I'll stick to the movies

Comment

The Harry Potter books do get better as you go. The first few are a bit juvenile (still good though) but the plots and writing matures in later volumes...basically growing along with the characters as well as the series' target audience.

Comment

What is also nice about Kathryn Lasky's books is that she weaves historical accounts into her fiction. In many of the Guardian books, the speeches the owls make are inspired by speeches made by Winston Churchill or another historical figure. Many of her books have afterwords in which she explains what inspired the story.
                            I really loved how she ended the afterword to her Horses of the Dawn #1 (her newest series). She said "' It is my feeling that fiction often begins where history left off'".

Comment

Name:	photo-3.JPG
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	7356865Ready for a road trip!

Comment

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
                                What is also nice about Kathryn Lasky's books is that she weaves historical accounts into her fiction. In many of the Guardian books, the speeches the owls make are inspired by speeches made by Winston Churchill or another historical figure. Many of her books have afterwords in which she explains what inspired the story.
                                I really loved how she ended the afterword to her Horses of the Dawn #1 (her newest series). She said "' It is my feeling that fiction often begins where history left off'".
                                Shellie May maxed out the library card holds list (we can have 100 items checked out + 10 ebooks but only 25 items on hold at one time) on the other series you recommended so the Horses of the Dawn series will have to wait until I pick some stuff off to make more room. The library started a new feature earlier this year where it will recommend what you might like based on past reading and watching history. Um, yeah, it's sort of snowballing LOL!

Comment

Hailsnail, where did you get your Shellie May?

Comment

Today da bears were excited to see the box from Amazon that arrived with a 4 lb. container of jelly bellies.

“Oh, boy!” they said in unison.

They quickly got out the jelly belly card sheet with all the flavors listed. Soon piles of jelly bellies were all over the dining room table.

“Whatcha doin’?” I inquired.

“We’re bean counters,”said Duffy.

“Yeah, we’re separating all the belly flops,” said Shellie May. Belly flops are the rejects from the factory; you can buy them at a discount.

“There are no belly flops here. These are all the real thing,” I told them.

“They’re a flop to us if it’s a flavor we don’t like,” Duffy said.

“Yeah, we’ll SHARE those with the other bears,” said Shellie May.

“What if two of them look exactly the same? Some of these flavors are hard to tell apart,” I asked.

“Well, maybe we will put those in the reject pile. Better safe than sorry. If our siblings get a good flavor, oh, well,” said Duffy.

“How come the jar says 49 flavors and the jelly belly card that we got from the factory says 50 flavors?” asked Duffy.

“We got jipped!” Shellie May said.

“Not so fast. What flavor is missing? Do you even care,” I asked them.

Turns out the flavor that is missing from the 4 lb. container is chili mango, which none of us care about anyway.

“This is going to take foREVER,” said Duffy. “Hey, how come I have more piles?”

Shellie May was caught in the act of EATING the jelly bellies more than she was sorting them.

They decided that with a 4 lb. jar there was plenty to go around and NOT sort the rest, so they went around offering the jelly bellies to the other bears. “Look…….CANDY!” said Shellie May.

“MMM, mmm, YUM!” they were all saying.

"Let me in," said Birthday Duffy.

Ever the diplomat, Lo♥ey doled out equal portions to Tropicolor Teddy and Peace Hippie.

I had to grab the jelly bellies away from Theo and Bearami, who were going to eat out of it like it was a trough! "Boys, where are your manners?" I scolded them.

Later, Duffy and Shellie May started making “recipes” from the jelly bellies. Duffy made fruit salad and root beer float, and Shellie May made s'mores, pink lemonade, and chocolate covered cherries.

Last edited by JillT; 08-31-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Time to share some Duffy photos:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Saw this and bought it from Downtown Disney in Anaheim:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X