Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
    The bears might like the Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. A great fantasy series -though at times can be violent.
    Shellie May is keeping my library card pretty close to maxed out. I have to get in there and reserve some stuff as soon as I pick up some stuff or I'm out of luck. The library has a recommendation service, too, based on reading/watching history, so it's sort of snowballing (did I already mention that in a previous post?).

Anyway, I was able to reserve the movie and the first several books of the Guardians of Ga'hoole series. I am waiting a few days for more of them to come in and then surprise da bears. Lately they've been going through books like water!

Now with Zhu Xiong added to the account, it's hard to keep up! Well, as long as they are occupying their time this way, I won't complain. The jelly bellies are going down fast. Their paws are in the tub repeatedly.

Comment

^Read the first Guardians book before watching the movie. There are some major plot differences. I was only able to watch part of the movie and fell asleep (was watching it on a very long flight to New Zealand 4 years ago.) but I had read the first few books by then and was rather surprised by how a certain character changed. Haven't had a desire to return to the movie.
      The books however are great!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10614288_10203510208188163_4160796435553233295_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	7356918Happy Teddy Bear Day!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
          ^Read the first Guardians book before watching the movie. There are some major plot differences. I was only able to watch part of the movie and fell asleep (was watching it on a very long flight to New Zealand 4 years ago.) but I had read the first few books by then and was rather surprised by how a certain character changed. Haven't had a desire to return to the movie.
          The books however are great!
          New Zealand is my dream destination (for when I retire since it is so far away; I'd want to spend at least one week on each island) but alas, at $6,000 round trip airfare even if I drive to Chicago or Atlanta for a more direct flight, unless something DRASTIC changes in my life, I won't be going

I am very thankful for all the adventures I have had so far, though.

By the way, I tried watching the movie before I saw your post and fell asleep twice, too! I will power through the books, though, at least the first 3, because they are so short. Owls are enough of a foreign species that i"m not sure if I will be able to relate to them enough in a whole book series, but we'll see. Duffy and Shellie May saw the pile of partial books so far and said thank you for the recommendation. Shellie May is already picking out bookworms to match each book to hold her place.

I also see what you mean about the major plot differences. I made it through about an hour of the movie overall.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	7356928Click image for larger version

Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	7356929Click image for larger version

Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	7356930
            Inshared these on the Gelatoni thread too! From yesterday at Epcot!

Comment

Tony,
              did Duffy know Gelatoni?
              Have a fantastic trip!
              ILG

Comment

It looks like Duffy was ecstatic to see his long, lost friend, Gelatoni!
                Wow, Gelatoni, you emigrated?
                So nice to have you here!
                I'm so happy I'm going to cuddle you as an official welcome to the United States.
                YAY!

Comment

A cast member did and I think duffy knew to. He clapped his hands when he saw him!

Comment

Those are great photos, Tony! Is is possible I could share a couple of them on the Duffy fan page I admin on Facebook?

Big Duffy is always excited to see ShellieMay when I bring her. He never wants to give her back either! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Those are great photos, Tony! Is is possible I could share a couple of them on the Duffy fan page I admin on Facebook?

Big Duffy is always excited to see ShellieMay when I bring her. He never wants to give her back either! LOL!
                      Yes feel free to share the pics! I even started a Gelatoni page on Facebook!

Comment

Awesome, thanks! And a Gelatoni page? Link here please and I'll check it out.

Comment

It's pretty new. https://www.facebook.com/Gelatonithe...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Name:	IMG_3069_zps8635d973.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	7356986So excited to share my first photo with all of you!

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May are so happy that a new friend has joined them too!

Name:	IMG_3070_zps85d4c036.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	7356987

Comment

very cute!

Comment

Wow those outfits are awesome! I can't wait to get mine! :thumbup:

Photos from Flickr

Comment

Name:	999760_10201279911992152_1924821316_n.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	7356988Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day!!!

sigpic

Comment

Arrr!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                        Arrr!

Shiver me timbers.

Comment

Saturday, September 27th was the Smithsonian's Free Museum Day, where you can get tickets for 2 to a museum of your choice. So Shellie May, a human friend, and I went to the Superstition Mountain Museum. I should have run back and taken even more photos once the clouds got really impressive but we wanted to beat the rain that was predicted...

The 20-Stamp Ore Crusher was GIANT! I believe they used it to crush big rocks into little rocks.

"Shellie May, NO!" (It was non-functional but STILL.)

You can also do a little hiking. Hi, desert!

"TEDDY BEAR CHOLLA!!!"

Shellie May, I do not think that is a place to sit.

That's better.

The Elvis Chapel.

It is what it promises.

He's supposed to be holding Shellie May but balance was tricky...

Once we saw the outside displays before any rain could come, we went inside.

Hello there, striking fella.

Instead of raining while we went outside, the sky got more dramatic!

Aaaand then afterwards we went fabric shopping and to an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. (By far the best pizza/dessert I've ever seen for $5.55.)

"PIZZAAAAA!"

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                          X