Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by immamouse View Post
    Jillt where did you get your post cards?
    At "Sunsations" which is a chain souvenir/general convenience/drug/minimal grocery store all along Atlantic Avenue (the first north/south street nearest the ocean). It's sort of like the ABC store in Hawaii - they are EVERYWHERE! Anytime you get a random thought you are like, "oh, I'm sure Sunsations/ABC store will have it" LOL!

Jill

Comment

Jill, Looks like a great trip, other than the weather. Thanks for sharing. ILG

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
        Jill, Looks like a great trip, other than the weather. Thanks for sharing. ILG
        You're welcome. I'm already planning a sequel. Of course, since it took me 12 years to get here the first time, who knows when that will be so I have not told da bears yet.

Comment

I love your stories JillT, they are amazing and so much fun to follow. It looks like you all had a great time.

Comment

Yesterday was the annual Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival. Last year Duffy and Shellie May were dressed in their British outfits because my sister was visiting, and she loves anything to do with England, especially London. This year I tried to get them to wear their traditional Japanese ensembles. “Those aren’t very practical for an all day festival. Our German outfits are much more comfortable for running around,” Duffy informed me.

“Especially since I can go out in public wearing slippers!” Shellie May said happily.

“Yeah, it’s hard to beat slippers,” agreed Duffy.

First they got their picture on the Chattanooga railroad train.

“Will we EVER get to fly in a plane?” Duffy asked me.

“Maybe, but mostly I want to stick to road trips,” I told him.

“CeleBRATE good times, come ON!” sang Shellie May to passersby as she hopped and skipped. That got her some strange looks.

“Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music,” chimed in Duffy, also garnering some strange looks.

“Must be too early to party. We’ll give it a few hours,” said Shellie May.

They posed in front of the Parthenon again, and this time I was allowed to get their picture in front of the Athena statue.

Duffy pointed out that we live in Tennessee.

Shellie May pointed out Japan. “Last year we dressed British, and this year we are wearing our German outfits,” Shellie May said.

They perused the food stalls. “I’m glad we skipped breakfast and saved room for all this,” said Duffy.

“Meh, that doesn’t sound appealing,” he said of Riff’s Street Food.

Shellie May read the plaque about the United Nations.

Shellie May was excited to learn that a paleta is a Mexican popsicle. “Uno paleta, por favor, gracias,” she said politely. It was dulce de leche (sweet milk, like caramel) flavor.

“Ooo, Italian ice, another frozen treat. You can’t beat free,” she said. “Oh, that’s a little too tart,” she said, refraining from puckering her lips but just barely.

“I will try this dessert from India,” said Duffy. “Patooey!” he said as he ate one. “You can have the other one, Shellie May.” I decided to split it with her. Patooey is right; it tasted like cake soaked in lemon and rose water!

There was a booth promoting the Nashville library system. “I should get an application for Zhu Xiong, now that we know she likes to read,” said Shellie May….riiiiiiiiiiiiip. “And one for Hannah, since she said she is an indoor bear,”………rrriiiiiiiippp. “Do you think Bearami would like one?” she asked Duffy. “How many bears are we missing?” ……………rrrrriiiiippp……..rrrriiiipppppp. She started counting on her paws.

“Okay, Shellie May, that’s enough for now. Let’s see who is even interested in the library when we get home.”

“Ooo, Japanese traditional music,” said Duffy.

“Quick, move over,” said Shellie May, as she tried to get a seat on their bench. It is slightly small for them but they can fit; they just have to SQUEEEEZE, which wasn’t easy since we were all eating our way around the whole festival.

Next they enjoyed capoeira music (cap-oh-eh-AIR-ah) from Brazil. It combines acrobats, martial arts, and dance and is performed to Afro-Brazilian beats/chants.

Later we watched the Mexican performers.

The Chinese Arts Alliance of Nashville put on a colorful show. The MC had to keep looking back to see if they were ready, and since it took them a long time, she kept coming up with things to entertain the audience. “She’s really smoooooth,” said Shellie May, who really liked the lady’s piano top.

“Hey, that lady is playing a pipa. I played a Pipa at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum,” said Duffy excitedly. “wow, she is definitely better than me,” he acknowledged.

“Ooo, what is that,” asked Shellie May. “Those are Chinese lion dancers,” I told her.

“Ooo, and here comes a giant SNAKE!” exclaimed Duffy, jumping up to get a better view. “That’s a Chinese dragon,” I told him.

The headliner at the end of the festival was Ernesto Chavana, from Monterey, Mexico. He had a DJ mixing songs in and he sang what sounded like Mexican rap, house, and dance club music and had dancers. It was way fun. “Dude, those are WILD boots!” said Duffy.

“It’s amazing he doesn’t trip,” said Shellie May, as she watched Ernesto dancing all over the stage.

We also saw an Indonesian fashion show, a Japanese fashion show where the kimonos were worn with cowboy boots and hat (Nashville twist on it LOL), performers from Iran, Cuba, India, and a Burmese bamboo dance. This is my 6th time at the festival and I still have not seen everything, partly because there is so much (it is just one day from 10-6) and partly because they change it a little each year.

JillT

Comment

I appreciate that the next to the last photo makes the guy look like he is in Vader's grip, like Naelyan's photo.

Comment

It came! It came! It came!

The gang all thought it was a good idea to give Kitty Shellie May the scissors, since she was the most excited to meet my new arrival.

No! BAD IDEA!!!

But she was very excited to meet Kitty Duffy! (I'll do a comparison picture later if anyone wants. He looks bigger than Kitty Shellie May but I think it's his arms and his hat may be a bit bigger. His hood is stitched on, unlike Kitty Shellie May's...the paws are stitched on too. I still think they are a good match though.)

Freebies/gifts from DuffyD! (LOOK AT THE TEA FILTER!)

The Gelatoni bag is perfect and very much worth the wait. The fall bears are for my mom and she should be delighted...right; I have to text her a photo! Gelatoni is for my cat-loving friend who should also be delighted. But Kitty Duffy is ALL MINE!

The tags were delightful!

Comparison picture (2014 Duffy and 2013 Shellie May):

I think once I finally make some gloves/mittens for Kitty Shellie May, they'll be a super-cute match!
                Last edited by Eeee-va; 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM.
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

The little tea house is such a nice touch. I got the Hometown Duffy cup and plate sets and definitely intend to brew some tea.

To Eeee-va and all, throw a marshmallow on top of the vampire Mickey/Minnie treats. Tastes like a s'more!

Comment

Just some Duffy photos I want to share:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

*sigh* It really has been a while. You guys have probably forgotten about me by now ;-; But after graduation, real life pretty much punched me in the face. Job problems, health problems, etc. have pretty much been the extent of my hiatus but I am going to try and make a return. Anyway...here are two pictures from my graduation this past May I hated how that silly hat made my head look weird.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

We haven't forgotten about you, kittyloaf!
                        Your pictures didn't post.

Comment

We haven't forgotten about you, kittyloaf!
                          Your pictures didn't post.
                          noooo!
                          did this work? they might be sideways, but...I don't know how to fix that
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1398.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	7357212Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	7357213

Comment

It did work. I think you rotate it in PhotoBucket.

Congrats.

Comment

Kittyloaf, I love your graduation photos! I wish I'd had Duffy when I graduated. (Actually, now that I think about it, I was in a plush/cute things slump in college. )

I made Shellie May a new dress! Anyone recognize it? Might be a bit easier to recognize if she were "standing".

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Is it Mary Poppins? No...too much pink. I thought of Ariel, but it is too frilly.
                                I am at a loss, Eeee-va, but it is certainly a job well done.

Comment

The cats really are a great match, Eeee-va, and I :love: your dress. Reminds me a bit of Minnie's Easter dress, but I doubt that's it. I hope someone can guess! More hints, but not too easy!!:clap:

Congratulations, Kittyloaf!:clap: We could never ever forget you because you owe us a calendar! See how well I remember!

Comment

Small hint: It's from a TV fandom, but not animated and not Disney. (Think well-known character in fandom but more obscure outfit.)

Big hint tomorrow if no one gets it.

Comment

I'm guessing that the dress that Kaylee wore in one episode of Firefly is too obsure, since the show didn't last that long and is likely not a well-known show (although it should be!).

Petticoat Junction is likely too obscure as well.

Those are my only guesses at the new hint.

Comment

• Comment

I'm guessing that the dress that Kaylee wore in one episode of Firefly is too obsure, since the show didn't last that long and is likely not a well-known show (although it should be!).
                                          We have a winner! At a Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention, it is a well-known show.

The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes

I saw the garish peach ruffles at a kind of surplus-type fabric store and found white and pink too so it quickly dawned on me that yes, it had to happen.

And just for a bonus, here's Duffy with a Jayne who was there (not sure I posted it last year or not; Setavulos made Duffy's hat):

Comment

Working...
                                          X