Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

HOORAY!!!! :yea:

Comment

Hey all, just dropping in to share a picture of the ghost costume I made for Keychain Duffy. I just cobbled it together with some felt and hot glue, since by no means do I have the mad sewing skillz of Eee-va or others on this board.

Also, I discovered that 9" Christmas Duffy looks adorable in Lil D's pumpkin costume.

Happy Halloween!

Comment

That ghost costume is GREAT, Diznygrl, and the candy bucket...! Love it!
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Seconded!:clap:

Comment

I :love:, :love:, :love:!!! the face on your little Duffy! He looks so inquisitive.

Comment

I bought a couple of "Pie Pumpkins" so I could make pumpkin pie from scratch, and I just realized they're Duffy- and Shellie-sized!

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB Jar.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	7357244

BB got caught with his paw in the candy jar! Mei Mei (to her credit is trying not to notice).

Comment

That outfit looks great with Jeans. I really do think they are adorable outfits.

Comment

Too funny, ILG! I was actually wondering why I like those outfits so much better in mmommie's photo... It's the jeans! Nice, mmommie!:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                      Too funny, ILG! I was actually wondering why I like those outfits so much better in mmommie's photo... It's the jeans! Nice, mmommie!:clap:
                      Thanks BB refused to be photographed bottomless. He kept insisting there must be more to his outfit in the box. When I finally convinced him that was it, he ran for the jeans!

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                        Hey all, just dropping in to share a picture of the ghost costume I made for Keychain Duffy. I just cobbled it together with some felt and hot glue, since by no means do I have the mad sewing skillz of Eee-va or others on this board.

Also, I discovered that 9" Christmas Duffy looks adorable in Lil D's pumpkin costume.

Happy Halloween!
                        I think both costumes are fantastic and I agree that pumpkin Duffy has a very inquisitive, mischievous face

Comment

We are going to Universal Studios Orlando for 9 days to visit the parks and enjoy the Hollywood Horror Nights.

“I’m a DISNEY bear and proud of it!” said Shellie May. “Why aren’t we going to DISNEY, hello! Huh?” she pestered me for an answer.

“I went to Disneyworld the beginning of last year and adopted Dated Duffy and Duffy. This year we’re going to Universal.”

“Oh, okay. I guess I won’t complain. It’s a vacation,” she said.

Then she had a moment of angst. “But what do I wear? I have my Disney clothes all picked out but that might be a slap in the face. Will we be welcome at Universal? That’s a competitor company! Oh, no, it’s a CLOTHES CRISIS!”

Duffy looked at what she had picked out.

“Calm DOWN, Shellie May,” reassured Duffy as he patted her on the shoulder. “Just try to blend in. It’s autumn so we can wear our fall themed clothes and some Halloween costumes. It will be fine.”

“Should I go incognito?” asked Shellie May as she laid out all her sunglasses.

“No need to go to the other extreme,” said Duffy, looking at her humorously.

Shellie May inspected her wardrobe.

“You can do my packing, Duffy. Surprise me,” said Shellie May.

“That’s a first, you relying on ME for fashion advice,” laughed Duffy. “Okay, I will take care of it. Just get some sleep,” he said.

“Thank you, Duffy. You are my BFF forever!” said Shellie May (um, BFF already includes the word forever, but I guess in her relief she threw in an extra one). Shellie May climbed into bed and next thing she was asleep, while Duffy picked out her outfits and gently folded them into the suitcase.

Meanwhile, Duffy cornered me. “Can Bearami come with us?” he asked. “Last vacation Shellie May brought three sisters; it’s my turn for some male company, don’t you agree?”

“I wasn’t PLANNING on bringing Bearami, but knowing Shellie May, Hollywood Horror Nights might be too gruesome for her, so sure, Bearami, wanna go to Universal Studios?”

“Oh, boy, oh, boy, thank you for asking me! My first vacation, oh, boy, oh, boy, but your clothes are too big. Can I just go bear naked? What do I wear?” he asked worriedly.

“Oh, brother! Literally AND figuratively,” said Duffy. “I’ll see if anything will fit you, and if not, then just go as YOURSELF! It’s Halloween so you being a fuzzy bear can be your costume; it doesn’t really count as being NAKED, right?” he asked me.

“Right!” I said. I can’t handle Shellie May AND Bearami having a clothes crisis at the same time!

This was another road trip, and like Virginia Beach, Orlando is about 700 miles away. Nashville is really a nice central place in which to live. Since we were heading in another direction we stopped at Old Chicago for dinner.

We all shared a Chicago thick crust pizza with ground beef, mushrooms, green peppers, and ricotta cheese on it. “This is LIVING,” said Bearami.

Afterwards, Shellie May decided to read a scary novel from the library's overdrive website, to get her prepared for Hollywood Horror Nights.

"That light is going to keep me awake. I wanted to sleep," said Duffy.

"Here, wear these," said Shellie May, passing out pirate eye patches.

"Yup, that'll work," said Duffy.

Bearami agreed. "Problem solved," he said.

More pics coming soon.

Comment

We crossed into Florida in the middle of the night. Duffy and Bearami were asleep. Shellie May was bleary eyed.

"Look, I finished my book," she said, half asleep now.

It was a bit of an ordeal to get 3 sleepy bears all posing in front of the state sign, but I managed.

We arrived at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal, Orlando on a bright, sunny day. Duffy was wide awake now.

"Look at those buses lined up just waiting to take us to the parks!" Shellie May exclaimed. I had to explain to her that today we were just going to hang out at the resort.

"But why?" she asked.

"Because I am tired from driving 700 miles," I told her.

"Oh, yeah, that makes sense," she replied.

"Let's go check out the vintage automobiles," suggested Bearami.

"If your puchased one of these, ALL da bears could travel with us!" advised Duffy.

"Dream on! No way can I handle all of you at once!" I informed him.

"Even Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie would be comfortable in THESE seats," he persisted.

I just ignored him.

"Plenty of room for suitcases, to avoid a clothes crisis," Shellie May started in.

We went into the lobby but our room wasn't ready yet, obviously, since it was only 8 a.m.!
                            "Ooo, what a pretty skylight," said Shellie May.

Da bears relaxed in the lobby.

The resort is 1950's-1960's themed, but just opened in April of this year.

We got a view of the lobby from the 2nd floor.

We figured as long as our room wasn't ready yet we might as well explore the resort.

Comment

Da bears posed in front of a giant mural, and I mean GIANT mural!

"This is SOOOO going to be us tomorrow!" exclaimed Shellie May.

There are giant TVs with retro shows in the food court.

We got a view of the food court from above.

After walking around awhile, da bears were ready to just chillax in the comfortable chairs. Shellie May brought a physical book, "just in case the batteries run out in an electronic device," she said.

"Another series; I'll just watch the movie," Duffy said, as he and Bearami kicked back.

The bowling alley actually had neon pins that changed colors and flickered.

Duffy and Bearami were more excited about the arcade.

"People must be on crack to work out on VACATION! Isn't walking around the parks enough exercise for you?" said Duffy.

Bearami observed the extended hours.

Duffy said, "Look! There's actually someone in there!"

Da bears decided to try the retro TV lounge next.

The retro TV lounge showed Casper, Woody Woodpecker, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop, Chilly Willie (the penguin), and Popeye.

As long as we are staying at a retro themed hotel, da bears decided to play the classic game, Monopoly, on the ipad.

"I'll set it up and go first to show you how to play," said Duffy.

"We KNOW how to play Monopoly, Duffy, jeez! But it's okay if you want to go first," said Shellie May.

There are a variety of places to hangout with all sorts of seating. Shellie May wanted to read more of her book. Duffy and Bearami decided to each start a new novel, too.

Even Starbucks had a cool atmosphere.

Well, it looks like photobucket just went down...to be continued.
                              Last edited by JillT; 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post

I love the story so far, but there is something about this photo that I really, really like. The expression on Duffy's face is priceless.
                                Well done, Jill.

Comment

The resort has two pools. "Let's check them out," said Duffy.

They have a lazy river next to one pool.

Shellie May started walking to the other pool, which is at the other end of the resort, but then our room was ready.

So we checked in. "This room is so bright, I have to wear shades," she said, putting her sunglasses back on.

Shellie May had started highlighting the things she wanted to see in the parks...until she realized she wanted to see everything! Now she started going through the resort guide. Bearami helped her.

"I'm exhAUSTed!" said Duffy, dropping his clothes where he stepped out of them and going straight to sleep.

That was the end of the first day as I was tired, too!

Comment

Jillt, you always have great adventure's and great stories!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immamouse View Post
                                      Jillt, you always have great adventure's and great stories!!!
                                      Thanks immamouse and Ilovegreataur. I'm glad you're enjoying this EPIC vacation.

I got home Sunday night but it's taking awhile to sort the pics and load them up. I haven't even gotten to the parks pics yet, but those will be coming soon. Hopefully those will bring a few more smiles to your face.

Da bears got alot of positive attention and some people recognized them.

Comment

Thanks immamouse and Ilovegreataur. I'm glad you're enjoying this EPIC vacation.

I got home Sunday night but it's taking awhile to sort the pics and load them up. I haven't even gotten to the parks pics yet, but those will be coming soon. Hopefully those will bring a few more smiles to your face.

Da bears got alot of positive attention and some people recognized them.
                                        I was going to ask if you were still here-I would run Shellie May over a Dr. Suess dress

Comment

The resort has two pools. "Let's check them out," said Duffy.

They have a lazy river next to one pool.

Shellie May started walking to the other pool, which is at the other end of the resort, but then our room was ready.

So we checked in. "This room is so bright, I have to wear shades," she said, putting her sunglasses back on.

Shellie May had started highlighting the things she wanted to see in the parks...until she realized she wanted to see everything! Now she started going through the resort guide. Bearami helped her.

"I'm exhAUSTed!" said Duffy, dropping his clothes where he stepped out of them and going straight to sleep.

That was the end of the first day as I was tired, too!

So CUTE!
                                          www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X