Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
    JillT love the idea of a 24/7 kiosk at a library! My fancy library doesn't have that!
    Your Dr Suess collection is impressive. I had many of those books in my childhood library.
    I highly recommend Dr Suess' book Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? It's hilarious and loads of fun to read aloud.
    Thanks. We'll check it out (literally and figuratively).

Da bears have been taking turns reading pages out loud because they love the sing songy rhyming. Well, it's a happy sound when I pass by.

Comment

I love your trip reports, Jill!! These are absolutely delightful to read. I'm waiting for my Shellie Mae to arrive from Aulani (thanks to Forestlite) and you've given me incentive to take Duffy and SM to Disneyland/DCA for photo ops. I don't know if I'll be able to be as creative as you are but this has inspired me to take the bears along on our next adventure to DLR (I can just see my husband's face!!).

Because of FP+, we have serious reservations about ever going back to WDW but your trip report has made me want to go to Universal's parks in Florida instead. Thank you so very much for sharing all of this so that we have another reason to go back to Orlando.

Where do you find all of their adorable outfits? They are so well-attired!!

Hope you have more wonderful adventures with your fur-friends!

Comment

Originally posted by lovechows View Post
        I love your trip reports, Jill!! These are absolutely delightful to read. I'm waiting for my Shellie Mae to arrive from Aulani (thanks to Forestlite) and you've given me incentive to take Duffy and SM to Disneyland/DCA for photo ops. I don't know if I'll be able to be as creative as you are but this has inspired me to take the bears along on our next adventure to DLR (I can just see my husband's face!!).

Because of FP+, we have serious reservations about ever going back to WDW but your trip report has made me want to go to Universal's parks in Florida instead. Thank you so very much for sharing all of this so that we have another reason to go back to Orlando.

Where do you find all of their adorable outfits? They are so well-attired!!

Hope you have more wonderful adventures with your fur-friends!
        Thank you lovechows. I'm glad you enjoy the narrative as well as the pics.

How does Disneyland fast pass vary from DisneyWorld? I was at DisneyWorld before they did fast pass +, just regular fast pass (January 2013).

Be aware that at Universal Studios that alot of their rides break down, old and new, so plan plenty of extra time. I don't think their express pass is worth it because some of the stuff you want to go on might not even be working. Also, certain rides and attractions in each park do not open until 1-2 hours later, or even later than THAT if the employees "aren't ready", which makes you backtrack and come back later (waste). I realize Epcot has the world showcase doing that but it's not every park, random locations like Universal is (they skimp on employee shifts). Also, their gift cards have an abyssmal failure rate (50% for me), and then you have to waste time and take your receipt to guest services to rectify it. I wrote a review of Universal Studios Orlando on trip advisor on 10/21 or 10/20 if you want to look up more details. I certainly enjoyed it, but I could feel the difference in management styles. The Cabana Bay Beach Resort was awesome, though, and with me being there for 9 days, and the park only 1.6 miles away with a constant shuttle bus, I was able to leisurely see all I wanted.

Da bears wear Disney, TokyoDisneySea, Etsy, some Japanese fashion from ebay (people have started a cottage industry), Build-A-Bear, Teddy Mountain, The Bear Mill, Stuffems, and a few altered baby clothes. I mix and match alot.

The vests are from Etsy (That'sSewAmanda); their initial sweats and Shellie May's pajamas are from Etsy but that shop owner is no longer doing it, and their sweaters from the library are from Setavulos (forum name here) who was on Etsy for awhile but looks like she's not doing it anymore.

On Etsy I like "DollclothesbyAvola" (even though they're for American girls, as long as it's not a really fitted sleeve or style, da bears wear them fine), TRGBoutique (if you see a human outfit you like you can request she make it for da bears; she has their measurements), and like I mentioned, That'sSewAmanda. The dresses Shellie May laid out before the road trip (the end dresses, Tinkerbell on the left, Minnie Mouse on the right) are from DollclothesbyAvola on Etsy. Bearami's Snoopy pajamas, that also fit Duffy but are a little tight on Duffy, are also by DollclothesbyAvola.

I hope you enjoy your new Shellie May and that she arrives without trauma. My Shellie May was living unloved in Ohio and the tender shipped her squashed into a shoebox so it took her a little while to come out of her shell and feel secure. Now she's full of spunk, but she still doesn't like closed spaces like a cave.
        Last edited by JillT; 10-26-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Wonderfull pics and stories JillT, the pics make the hotels look so comfortable, wish one was your favorite?

I stayed at the Hard Rock before, is very neat the only disadvantage is that it only had one restaurant and the food was kind of exotic wit few choices, it had some great plates but a chicken soup I ordered was lacking
          sigpic

Comment

Hi, Jill!

Thanks for sharing all of that great information about where you find clothes and costumes for your bears. I love all of them--and your trip reports on your adventures with Duffy, Shellie Mae and friends.

Fast Pass at Disneyland is still the paper version (thank goodness!). There have been rumors that they may switch to FP+ but the system isn't working very well in Orlando so it's on hold in California--at least for now.

We look forward to seeing what you're doing next time!

Comment

Sapphire-Light. I enjoyed the Cabana Bay Beach Resort the best. I toured the other resorts but not the rooms. However, the Cabana Bay Beach Resort was bright, cheery, and fun, but yet relaxing at the same time. I especially loved the retro TV lounge, although they did repeat the same cartoons every hour. The room had a great view, too. If you go there, stay in the Americana building, standard room, highest floor possible (7th). I had a view of the parks to the left, straight ahead was the Orlando skyline in the distance, and to the right was something called Fun Spot with a lit up ferris wheel and some other tall hotel or something with a ball on top.

This guy at work went to Disney Orlando in July and said the fast pass + wasn't working well but when we looked at the description as I had never heard of the "plus" part, he said it's good they changed it to be better as the way it is described had some changes and additional features so maybe they're perfecting it.

Comment

Jill, your poor scared bears! :o Great adventures, though. (If you go to WDW in the off-season, FP+ shouldn't be catastrophic. My friend and I went in January, when the system was new, and had no problems. If you love thrill rides and go during peak season and are used to pulling a half-dozen FPs per day, though, it's disappointing...)

Happy Monday, everyone!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

We are going in 39 days and I had no problems getting FP+ reservations. We will see how it goes. I hope to not have problems.

Eeee-va, you are funny! ILG

Comment

I found Duffy's glasses, yay! The bad thing is that Shellie May can fold her glasses and put them away when she's done, but Duffy's do not collapse so they stick out and take up more room and can get lost easily because they are left out loose.

Comment

Eeee-va, I finally got around to starting Firefly on Netflix and I just watched the episode that dress is from, so I totally get it now! And I loooove it!

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                        Sapphire-Light. I enjoyed the Cabana Bay Beach Resort the best. I toured the other resorts but not the rooms. However, the Cabana Bay Beach Resort was bright, cheery, and fun, but yet relaxing at the same time. I especially loved the retro TV lounge, although they did repeat the same cartoons every hour. The room had a great view, too. If you go there, stay in the Americana building, standard room, highest floor possible (7th). I had a view of the parks to the left, straight ahead was the Orlando skyline in the distance, and to the right was something called Fun Spot with a lit up ferris wheel and some other tall hotel or something with a ball on top.

This guy at work went to Disney Orlando in July and said the fast pass + wasn't working well but when we looked at the description as I had never heard of the "plus" part, he said it's good they changed it to be better as the way it is described had some changes and additional features so maybe they're perfecting it.
                        Thanks for the review and advice, the retro feel of Cabana looks pretty warm , how was the quality and options of the food at the hotel?
                        sigpic

Comment

Well....here goes nothing!
                          Duffy and little Gelatoni played dress up for a Halloween night out and we're very dissapointed no one was giving candy out yet!

They tried to get Shelley May to join in the toy story mood and dress in her Jessie finest but she chose her Esmeralda instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
                            Thanks for the review and advice, the retro feel of Cabana looks pretty warm , how was the quality and options of the food at the hotel?
                            There was just a giant food court and a snack bar at one of the pools. The only things I had were a marguerita pizza (see photos of da bears eating in the room) and a cheeseburger at the pool snack bar. They were both good, but I found alot better choices at the parks and I had brought my own bottled water and Belvita in case I needed a quick snack.

Comment

Originally posted by disneydorkette View Post
                              Well....here goes nothing!
                              Duffy and little Gelatoni played dress up for a Halloween night out and we're very dissapointed no one was giving candy out yet!
                              Why would anyone be giving candy out on a day other than Halloween? I don't even answer my door if some random person just shows up.

Comment

the pictures didn't show for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                  Jill, your poor scared bears! :o Great adventures, though. (If you go to WDW in the off-season, FP+ shouldn't be catastrophic. My friend and I went in January, when the system was new, and had no problems. If you love thrill rides and go during peak season and are used to pulling a half-dozen FPs per day, though, it's disappointing...)

Happy Monday, everyone!

Duffy loved your comic book style. He didn't realize there are whole novels of comic books; now he AND Shellie May have their library cards maxed out with holds. It's hard to read a traditional comic book; I'm not sure if it's the weird font combined with the newsprint smeary look or what, but he and Bearami have some novels on hold now and he says he hopes you write more in this style soon. What is Duffy going to tell Shellie May? Why does little Santa Duffy say "don't you dare?" I think I'm missing the joke. I love the first dress; it's a really subtle blend of pink and orange, so pretty.

Comment

Thanks, all!

JillT, the joke is from Frozen when Olaf is dreaming of summer and Kristoff makes an aside that he is going to tell him (what snow does in summer). (Though if my implied punchline is that unclear, maybe I need a page 2 after all! We will see if I have time.)

Disneydorkette, I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! Even from the captions, I love your bears' optimism in hoping for early candy!
                                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Eeee-va what a cute comic! Your little Shellie is just precious, and I love her costume of Jest-anitor(?). I totally got the reference too! The size difference really plays into the comic, it looks like daddy duffy is taking his baby duffys out trick or treating (except baby boy duffy is confused and dressed like sandy claws for halloween)

Comment

Uh oh looks like I'm having coding issues..... Photos shall be tried again upon the morrow! Thank you for your patience

Comment

Halloween is only two days away, and everyone around here is excited. ShellieMay decided that this year she was going to be a witch, but she also wanted to mix it up. So, she dug through her clothes and pulled out just what she needed to be a perfect WitchieMay.

Oh Shellie! Put your dress down! She just wants to show you her tights. She used this year's scarecrow dress, last year's cat tights, and then the Halloween Daydream shoes, hat, & cape. She loves the look.

The bears are really looking forward to trick-or-treating. They are already thinking big. ShellieMay found her candy pail, but...it might be a little hard for her to carry around.

Duffy is super excited, and he is really getting into his character. Although he hasn't been able to flap hard enough to get off the ground...

Duffy really loves having Gelatoni around, and he decided to start sharing candy early. Gelatoni was all for that idea!

The other bears were just relaxing. They are a little more low-key in their excitement.

And...then there's this little guy bringing up the rear. He's ready to party!

Meow

Comment

Working...
                                          X