Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Very cute, Eeee-va. After seeing the Kaylee dress upthread I was going to mention that you should have a Jayne hat for your Duffy but I guess you already have one! Did you make that too or was it perhaps knitted by setavulos?
    The latter I never learned to knit but Setavulos did a great job on it!

The shirt was inspired by this one Jayne's "Perfect Cat" Tiger Shirt but it's not like one can really paint pixels and also I am lazy, so I made it Chandu. I don't know Chandu's name (or anything else) in Chinese characters, so I left that idea out.
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Time to share some Duffy photos:

On a trip to Sacramento and San Francisco.

On the Golden Gate Bridge.

Along the coast.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I don't see the photos in the post.

Comment

The photos displayed for me, MikkiMausu99, and the scenery pictures with the bridge are so pretty! Looks like your little bear/mouse family had a great time!
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

I half laughed, half admonished Duffy and Shellie May when I saw all they had accumulated from the library.

"Okay, you are going to have to return some of those items before you check out anything else," I told them, trying to keep a straight face.

"Nuh, uh. We are allowed 100 items at a time," Duffy informed me (as if I didn't know that!).

"Yeah, and you SAAAAAAAAID it is better for me to shop on the library's website than anywhere else," said Shellie May.

"We're preppers," Duffy added.

"Preppers?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're stockpiling in case there is an entertainment apocalypse that causes a shortage," Shellie May explained.

"Okay, since the library is only 4.5 miles away, you also have ebooks on your kindle and a few on the ipad AND since I have 2 1/2 shelves of physical books I doubt that will happen. I mean, seriously, bears, you're getting WAY ahead of yourself."

"It's not our fault the library has SOOOOO much good stuff," said Shellie May.

She then proceeded to show me that there is still room on the account. "We only have 71 items checked out, although our holds queue is full at 25."

Duffy is TOTALLY excited to see that the Marvel Encyclopedia that the comic book store in Islands of Adventure carried came in for him at the Nashville Public Library. “How did they know I wanted this?” he asked.

“I put it on hold for you,” said Shellie May.

“That was so thoughtful of you! Thank you, Shellie May!” Duffy told her.

“No problem. What are BFFs for?” she smiled back.

“Let’s see who has more books NOW,” said Duffy, starting to pile up his other acquisitions. He is enjoying graphic novels now.

“Well, I have ‘Cat in the Hat’ and 'Green eggs and Ham' in French,” said Shellie May. “I have plenty of room in my brain, so I think I will learn another language. Plus I will be prepared in case we ever go to Disneyland Paris,” she said.

“We haven’t even flown in a plane yet and you think we’re suddenly going across the pond to Paris? Dream on!” said Duffy laughing.

“Which pile do we put the books in if we BOTH want to read certain ones?” asked Shellie May, joining in the competition.

“We can make a middle pile,” said Duffy. “Those don’t count.”

“I am glad I got some other French beginner books,” said Shellie May, “but I think all my novel series add up to beat you anyway,” she said, climbing up.

“Yes, you win, but it was fun building a tower and climbing,” said Duffy.

“Want to learn French with me,” Shellie May asked, handing him a French children’s book.

“Nah. It’s a big world out there and I don’t know what is coming up in my life. I don’t want to strain my brain unnecessarily,” he said. “In fact, I think it’s time for a nap.”

Meanwhile, Zhu Xiong was just smilingly observant of their conversation as she read her own book in English and Chinese.

Naps and a book stockpile will definitely help them get through the upcoming winter hibernation season.

Comment

JillT, your bears are very well-prepared, and also ambitious! Zhu Xiong's photos are PERFECT!

Here is what my bears have been up to.

Comment

Eeee-va, how does a non-religious Christmas box of gifts bring a child to Christ? I mean, I think it's generous of you to do so; I just don't understand the correlation compared to sponsoring a local child/senior/family and giving them something for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
                Last edited by JillT; 11-08-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I believe they are delivered my missionaries, and I know they also give material to the children (depending on how open the country is to missionaries, it may not be much). You are permitted/encouraged to write a letter to the child, though mine was rather simple. They have discipleship programs for interested children. And I believe prayer works.

At our church, someone who has at least two children who grew up to be missionaries (one is a pilot in the Middle East!) is the biggest proponent of the program, and I trust the sincerity of her and her family.

I know it is not much at all but I still like the thought of giving a present (and a Duffy!) and telling someone far away who probably doesn't have very much that God cares about them.

Comment

Thank you for the second link. That made more sense.

Comment

Shellie May wanted me to take her picture from a different angle. "It shows how much I beat Duffy by," she said.

"Stand over THERE," she told me. "I think the angle is better and REALLY shows the difference in our book stacks."

"Nobody likes a show-off, Shellie May," said Duffy. He wasn't really annoyed at her; luckily he is only competitive with video games LOL! He mostly just laughs.

Comment

Happy veteran's day!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]39443[/ATTACH]

sigpic

Comment

Immamouse, are those the pants that came with the SV 2013 outfit? The ones I have are huge on my Duffy. Actually surprised me to have an ill-fitting item from OLC. The pants in your photo appear to fit well. Were they modified?

Comment

They are the pants from sv 2013, I did not have to do anything to them. I don't like not having bottoms so I just threw them on with the top and it did not look bad

sigpic

Comment

That's funny. So many complain about the No Pants issue and you prefer to not have them. Are the pants you have way too big in the waist or are mine not cut right?

Comment

This was featured on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

My mall's Sanrio store finally marked the Hello Kitty sailor suit down a whole $2.40 (to $13), so I caved and bought it.

"RAWR! WATCH OUT LIGHTHOUSE BEARS!"

I found it amusing that it goes on basically the same way that Duffy's US sailor outfit goes on!

The hat is very clearly designed for Dress-Me Hello Kitty's unusual head (Velcro would be to firmly attach where her bow goes) so it's very asymmetrical and I might have to snip the bow on the hat and maybe move it...I don't know. When I have it figured out, I'll sew elastic to it. Or maybe I should make an elastic band with Velcro on it since I have multiple Dress-Me Hello Kitty head accessories for her at this point.

Yes, my Shellie May is one of the bears in the world who does NOT need any more clothes, but I couldn't say no.

(I am GUESSING it would fit even better on one of the small 9" Christmas Shellie Mays from Hong Kong Disneyland!)
                                  Last edited by Eeee-va; 11-15-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Was this at BAB? Who are "they"?

Comment

Sorry; edited. It was at the Sanrio Store. (I'd mentioned the Dress-Me Hello Kitty outfits multiple times here and no one expressed any interest, so I guess I didn't think it much mattered where it came from.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                        Sorry; edited. It was at the Sanrio Store. (I'd mentioned the Dress-Me Hello Kitty outfits multiple times here and no one expressed any interest, so I guess I didn't think it much mattered where it came from.)
                                        Oh... I hadn't noticed. Cute outfit at a great price. We don't have Sanrio stores here.

Comment

Thanks! Our store has some sort of T-shirt (about the same price as a Build-a-Bear T-shirt so doesn't appeal to me), a "spacesuit" (but I don't think the headpiece would fit and the boots also might not work) and 2 more of the sailor outfits. I'd picked up the happi coat they had but there was just the one of those. (Pants by Aimster's aunt )

Ebay has outfits periodically; that's where I got Shellie May's kimono (and also the "spooky janitor who also likes Hello Kitty" outfit I had in a comic a few page back).

Comment

Working...
                                          X