Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

The sailor suit is adorable! The kimono is very cute and suits ShellieMay so well!

Comment

A Happy Birthday to Mickey & Minnie.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Eeee-va I absolutely love the kimono! I am hoping to get one at some point for my Shellie May.

Comment

Spring Voyage Duffy hanging out with my ball jointed doll Mirai! =D

Click image for larger version

Name:	10346204_900370806648400_6462180933386263425_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	7357384

Mirai and Duffy wanted to go to college with me. So they did and while relaxing in the student life room they read Watamote. =D

Comment

Shellie May just found out that the clerk in the All you can Read bookstore at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure misinformed her.

The clerk told Shellie May that P. D. Eastman was one of Dr. Seuss's pen names. Well, Shellie May purchased 4 books, only to find out now that she's queueing up more books to put on hold, that P. D. Eastman just wrote in the STYLE of Dr. Seuss.

The only books by Dr. Seuss himself are by Dr. Seuss, Theo LeSieg, and one book under the name of Rosetta Stone.

"Well, they were cute anyway, but I would have saved my money for more Dr. Seuss AUTHENTIC books," she said.

"Maybe I can get a job doing a story hour during winter hibernation," she said. She got tired of bear sitting since she has so many siblings; she said she would rather just stay home and sit with them LOL! She has several books on her wish list now that she's reading the official Dr. Seuss books that she did not purchase at the time.

Comment

DuffylovrDisney, my Duffy and Bearami have tried HARD to get into anime and comic books but alas, the habit didn't take. Duffy is still plowing through the Marvel Encyclopedia and he says whatever he hasn't absorbed by the time it's due is no big deal and there is no need to renew it. Ah, well. They have other hobbies

Comment

JillT ; Haha yeah. My Duffy and Shellie May have really put up with it because I'm not a huge comic fan. So it's really hard for them to have access to stuff like that. But anime on the other hand is EVERYWHERE. XD Duffy of course likes all the action animes like Sword Art Online, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto. While Shellie May enjoys the cute animes like Clannad and Air. =)

Comment

My Duffy likes comics. We participate in Free Comic Book Day every June. This year, Duffy got his photo with Spider-Man (while wearing his Captain America costume). That was pretty cool.

That reminds me... I still need to get my hands on issues 4 & 5 of the Figment comic!

Comment

My sister comes Tuesday early evening and leaves Saturday. We have some plans but we're also going to chill alot.

Da bears are all casual ready for some cuddle sessions.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May just got some new friends from Hong Kong. So they immediately wanted to have pictures taken with their tsum tsum pals, Lil' Duff and Lil' Shell.

Name:	d462b9cc-ef81-43da-a651-baafc37f41bf.jpg
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	7357393

Name:	4be6c6b8-035a-4580-babd-f2ceef0d3eaa.jpg
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	7357394

Comment

Tangled is 4 years old today! So I shoved Shellie May in an American Girl Rapunzel dress I made back in the day.

"YAY! I am short-haired sassy Rapunzel!"

I could not find my tiny frying pan...will this tiny waffle iron do instead? (It is very heavy.)

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Love the tiny Waffle Iron, Eeee-va! That is definitely one sassy short haired smiling Rapunzel!

Comment

Oh my gosh! Eeee-va I absolutely love that Tangled dress! You need to make some of these dresses and sell them for profit. I know I would be scooping them up like candy! XD

JillT ; I absolutely love your collection. All the outfits are too adorable!

getoffyourduff ; Those tsum tsums are cute.

Comment

Eeee-va, another beautiful outfit. You sure are talented!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                                Eeee-va ...You need to make some of these dresses and sell them for profit.
                                With the level of complication of that dress, I don't think there is a remotely reasonable price that would turn a profit. They are complicated.

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                                Eeee-va, another beautiful outfit. You sure are talented!
                                I second this!

ILG

Comment

Ilovegreataur ; That makes sense.

Comment

You all are so sweet! I can't say that it I couldn't charge enough to make a profit, as long as you assume my time is not worth very much. The finishing on my work keeps it a bit below professional level, I think (though Shellie May's Kaylee gown came pretty close)...and it seems to me like many seamstresses value their time as low as like $2/hour. I'm too lazy to work for that, at least not at sewing. Thus far in my life I've also exhibited virtually no patience with making the same thing more than once. (If you make 2+ of the same garment at the same time, you pick up some efficiency, but so far I've just not been able to manage.)

There is also the nagging issue of CPSIA which, if my bear clothes were meant to be or actually used by children, would require me to get some sort of certificate of compliance from the manufacturers of any beads or paint I used--in practice that would mean purchasing all new paint/beads/etc.--and ideally, the government would also want me to register with them. I'm not too excited about doing any of those things. Though I guess if one charged enough one could say their products are just for adults and get around those rules, or I know people who simply ignore them.

So, I would rather sew for fun/sometimes friends than try to make a business out of it. (Though that said, I do get the nagging feeling my calling in life is to make princess dresses for small things. :shy: )
                                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                      I can't say that it I couldn't charge enough to make a profit, as long as you assume my time is not worth very much. ...and it seems to me like many seamstresses value their time as low as like $2/hour.
                                      Indeed! I'm working on the Anna/Elsa outfits and OH MY GOODNESS is it hard! I hate sleeves. Can I say that and you understand that I'm screaming... I hate sleeves!
                                      I suppose it wouldn't be too bad with Bear patterns, but modifying ones for dolls makes it all the worse. Mine is a labor of love and I could never even imagine my time being worth $2/hour. For me, it is a labor of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                                        Indeed! I'm working on the Anna/Elsa outfits and OH MY GOODNESS is it hard! I hate sleeves. Can I say that and you understand that I'm screaming... I hate sleeves!
                                        I suppose it wouldn't be too bad with Bear patterns, but modifying ones for dolls makes it all the worse. Mine is a labor of love and I could never even imagine my time being worth $2/hour. For me, it is a labor of love.
                                        To quote Anna, "Hang in there, Joan!" :love: I bluff princess sleeves (my go-to book is a book of princess dresses :shy: ) but I fail masculine sleeves.

LABOR and LOVE both describe my sewing process, actually, unless I'm hand-sewing something simple and tiny. LOL.

Comment

OK, it's not seasonal but in the spirit of being thankful, I thought it was a good time to get a group photo.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X