Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Hello from WDW!

Saturday, we had the meet-up at AK.
    Tink1223, Sandrita, mmommie w/DD, JayCee w/Mum, and I met at the Dawa Bar. There was a cannon nearby, which was perfect!

My family went on the Behind the Seeds tour. When we were coming out, I saw two Japanese tourists. The guy had a ShellieMay badge hanging from his backpack. My daughter was carrying her ShellieMay. I tapped him on the shoulder and showed him and his girlfriend/wife our ShellieMay. The girl was soooo excited! She had her Duffy and he started dancing around and giving ShellieMay a bunch of hugs.

We went to the MVMCP last night. There were more Japanese tourists that we saw in line. The woman's Duffy had the little blue popcorn trunk from Spring Voyage 2013. I had on my HY30 light up necklace.

We watched the parade. I was happy to see Duffy up in the front of the parade. We were so excited, screaming, "Hi Duffy! We love you!" I was having terrible luck with my camera, so the photos aren't great.

That's it for now.
    ILG

Comment

P.S.
      I was watching cartoons in the lobby one night, and they advertised that the Duffy story is read as a bed time story each night. I don't know if it is only in the lobby or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
        P.S.
        I was watching cartoons in the lobby one night, and they advertised that the Duffy story is read as a bed time story each night. I don't know if it is only in the lobby or not.

I watched this in the All Star Music Resort January 2013 when I visited WDW. That's part of how I got into Duffy. In fact, my first pictures (page 144) are of Dated Duffy enjoying himself, and then the next day, which was the day I was driving home, I went to Downtown Disney to get Duffy and 3 outfits.

JillT

Comment

Duffy informed me that unless he goes out somewhere, he is not getting out of his pajamas until winter is over. Um, yeah, that's typical because I remember when I adopted him and Shellie May as well as last winter, they made it very clear they are not polar bears.

So he discovered himself on Microsoft Xbox 360 with Kinect's game "Disneyland Kinect Adventures". He is featured in an autograph book so that means there is a doppelganger character in the game somewhere who will sign it for him.

"Buy it, Duffy!" said Bearami. So he did.

Meanwhile, Shellie May is still reading French. She got a book about bear's birthday, as well as some other animal books, "just to prove I'm not prejudice," she said.

"It IS true that everywhere the cow still says 'moo'," said Zhu Xiong. "But have you thought that maybe reading Mandarin Chinese would be easier on your eyes? I'm the only bookworm around here who does NOT need glasses. Even Hannah has glasses now."

"Uh," said Shellie May noncommittally.

Shellie May is also excited about the French song lyrics book because it comes with a CD and we all KNOW how she is a music maniac!

So Shellie May and Zhu Xiong sat down to read the bear's birthday book first.

Shellie May is also staying in sleepwear but at least she changes which ensemble she has on!
          Last edited by JillT; 12-08-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Glad everyone had a good time in the meet up!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iDuffyBear View Post
              Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad Shellie May enjoyed wearing her red dot dress to the Parks. Hearing that really makes my day!
              When my bears wore their Mickey & Minnie outfits when we went to Epcot earlier this year (my last visit before my AP expired), I had SO many people come up asking where I got their clothes. Your Esty shop got a LOT of a referrals from me that day!

Comment

ILG, I loved hearing about your adventures! You got a pretty good Duffy parade picture too!

In January 2014, they were playing the Duffy bedtime story in the food court and rooms at POP Century (and I think the quick service restaurant at AK too), so I'm guessing it's still being played in the rooms. That's another reason why I think Duffy is more popular at WDW--there's a lot more exposure to Disney's target audience of children because of the resort TV. A few years back, his (Americanized) story was inexplicably NOT on TV in the resort rooms at Disneyland Resort. I think they have princess stories instead.

Of course, even if they did have Duffy on resort TV at Disneyland Resort, there are a lot fewer rooms, and they are so expensive that I imagine a larger percentage of the guests are without children. (Never mind the large percentage of locals.) So I imagine Duffy on TV would have a lot less impact in California...but as far as I know, Disney also didn't even try it.

(JillT, that game singlehandedly makes me want to get an XBox 360. :shy: I'm glad your crew is enjoying it!)
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

We were in Hollywood Studios today and we saw a newlywed couple on their honeymoon; the girl had a ShellieMay badge on her bag. She didn't speak English, but I think she communicated that the outfit was from 2011.

I was in Epcot this morning and found out that they don't have the Duffy Kidcot thing. Apparently, they were going to bring out a Christmas Duffy image, but there has been a delay. We hope that they'll have them before our trip finishes.

I saw some Duffy pins in the resort gift shops tonight. Four of them. One with Duffy sitting, one big one with Mickey holding him (close-up view), a smaller pin with Mickey standing holding Duffy, Duffy in a Sulley outfit.

Speaking of pins: When in AK on Saturday, I traded for a Duffy head pin with a CM. I then looked at it closely and found it to be counterfeit. I traded it with another CM and told him it was counterfeit and it needed to not be traded. Yesterday, at MK, I saw a Duffy head pin on a CM. I asked to look at it because it looked fishy, and it was indeed counterfeit. (I did my homework on identifying these.) I told her and her response was, "yeah, uh huh." Then she proceeded to put it back on the front of her pouch for trading. I turned around to look at her name and she was gone. Since she worked in a shop, I told a security guard. I was annoyed to find a counterfeit. I was outraged that she didn't care. Another CM explained that it is a personal choice to have pins or not. If they have them, they can only internally swap one pin per day. The CM to whom I was speaking said that the day prior, she had received a counterfeit and she swapped that one so it would (hopefully) be out of circulation. I think that if a CM has counterfeits, they should not be limited to the number they can swap out.

Good night folks.
                  ILG

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                    (JillT, that game singlehandedly makes me want to get an XBox 360. :shy: I'm glad your crew is enjoying it!)
                    It's a great game! It has so much depth and the game itself is only $14.99 retail but you can get it for less on Amazon. I imagine new (would not buy refurbished anything mechanical) Microsoft Xbox 360 machines are inexpensive because the Xbox One has been out a year. Just to give you an overview, there are alot of attractions (mini games) that you can play anytime if you don't want to follow the story. If you follow the story, you can meet all the characters, get a hug, get an autograph, take a picture with them, give them a high five, and dance with them. There are also photo stops in the park that you can collect. You can also go shopping and buy merchandise and more autograph books and photo albums, as well as costumes. Cinderella gave me a magic wand to use on certain items in the park that sparkle, and some of the games include a snowball fight with the yetis who have kidnapped goofy, falling down the rabbit hole trying to steer yourself to collect coins, dancing with the princesses, and flying with Peter Pan and swordfighting with Captain Hook. If you do get an Xbox 360, you will also need the Kinect and make sure to place it high as it seems to register movements better on the top of the TV instead of at waist level. I played 7 hours so far and it says I'm only 9% through so there is ALOT of content for the money. Oh, and you can also conduct music to create fireworks over Cinderella's castle. And like I said, I'm only 9% through! I have not met Duffy in the game yet LOL!

On another note, the new Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved game did NOT impress me. It's a cheap rip-off of an indie game called Rhythm Party, which I like alot better.

Comment

Hello Duffy lovers. Happy Holidays and the like. I have a quick question and this is probably a better place to ask this than my personal Facebook page. Because you know, some people think it is weird to dress a bear in clothes let alone dress a bear as a character dressed as another character. XD

Duffy and I are going to Disney in a few day and I thought I spruce up his look for last year's Christmas trip. Is this too much? I wanted Duffy to look like Sulley dressed like Santa but with it all all I wonder if the Sulleyness is lost? Should the shoes go? The hat? Or is it fine the way it is? Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by tenchikiss View Post
                        Hello Duffy lovers. Happy Holidays and the like. I have a quick question and this is probably a better place to ask this than my personal Facebook page. Because you know, some people think it is weird to dress a bear in clothes let alone dress a bear as a character dressed as another character. XD

Duffy and I are going to Disney in a few day and I thought I spruce up his look for last year's Christmas trip. Is this too much? I wanted Duffy to look like Sulley dressed like Santa but with it all all I wonder if the Sulleyness is lost? Should the shoes go? The hat? Or is it fine the way it is? Thanks for your feedback.
                        If you like it go for it. Anything goes in the parks, even at Universal da bears were recognized by some people and getting alot of positive attention. I do think the Sulley hat/horns are a bit much but I like how the blue sticks out in the paws and feet because it is almost like winter snow blue colored. Just my 3 cents worth (adjusted up for inflation LOL).

Also, my Duffy has the same glasses.

JillT

Comment

Thanks, JillT! Maybe someday. Right now I'm heavily invested in my...PlayStation 2. ::hangs head in shame:: In fairness it's all Dance Dance Revolution games.

Tenchikiss, I really like Duffy/Sulley/Santa! I would make sure he is not too heavy for you and that the hat will stay on securely (a discreet safety pin could fix that issue).

If you don't plan to stand him up, you might try him without the shoes--poor Sulley's legs are kind of spilling out of the shoes as it is, shoes are heavy/kind of bulky, and I don't recall many (any?) monsters in Monsters Inc./University wearing shoes. But, his shoes might help him balance if you wanted photos of him standing, so if that's your priority, I can see where you might want to keep them. If you bring a bag big enough to securely store the shoes, you could have the best of both worlds. (Well, except that you get to carry the shoes around all day, either on Duffy or in a bag, so I guess that's not so great.)

Have a wonderful time!
                          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Eeee-va, that's good to know that these systems last so long (if you have a PS2). I had a few games on ipad and PC but got into the video game hobby for real 5/2013, and there are some games that i would be sad to lose if the system dies.

I don't have the new generation Sony or Microsoft system and have no desire with the backlog of games I have for the others.

Comment

Tuesday update from WDW:

Found this little pre-dressed guy.

I don't remember seeing this outfit in any posts and I don't know what I'd even call it. This bear is smaller than Duffer (12") but bigger than the 8" bear.
                              I don't understand sizing. The 8" bear is measured standing and is skinny. The pre-dressed may be considered 9", but they are sitting and considerably larger in every way.

By way of Duffy sightings, there weren't any other than a store on Main Street had Duffys in the window on display (in Woody outfit and another I don't remember) and the CM at the door was holding a naked Duffy. I was glad to see the advertising.

I found the red tote bag. Not everywhere.

If anyone wants something in particular, you can PM me.
                              ILG

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
                                  Tuesday update from WDW:

Found this little pre-dressed guy.

I don't remember seeing this outfit in any posts and I don't know what I'd even call it. This bear is smaller than Duffer (12") but bigger than the 8" bear.
                                  I don't understand sizing. The 8" bear is measured standing and is skinny. The pre-dressed may be considered 9", but they are sitting and considerably larger in every way.
                                  He's left over from 4th of July. He was this year's 9" pre-dressed bear.

Comment

Duffy discovered himself in the Microsoft Xbox360 with Kinect game "Kinect Disneyland Adventures."

"YOU play this part of the game," he told me. "I'll watch."

So first I went up and greeted Duffy.

Duffy jumped with joy to meet me.

"Give me a hug," suggested Duffy.

"I can dance as well as Shellie May," Duffy proved to me.

"Swing your tender round and round," he continued.

Next I got Duffy's autograph.

Duffy patted me on the head as he handed my autograph book back.

Of course, no visit would be complete without taking a photo for my album.

"Boo bye," said Duffy.

Comment

I was so mad when that game came out and I realized it was only for the Xbox. :ap: Surely they could have adapted it for the Wii?!? But I guess that wouldn't have made Xbox very happy since the whole point of it was to show off what Kinect could do that the Wii couldn't. Bummer.

Anyway, thanks for the photos, Jill. The virtual Duffy interaction is so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                        I was so mad when that game came out and I realized it was only for the Xbox. :ap: Surely they could have adapted it for the Wii?!? But I guess that wouldn't have made Xbox very happy since the whole point of it was to show off what Kinect could do that the Wii couldn't. Bummer.

Anyway, thanks for the photos, Jill. The virtual Duffy interaction is so cute!
                                        I have a Wii also and there is no way the wii-mote would be accurate enough. For the Xbox 360 Kinect it uses your whole body and there are definitely alot of parts of the game where you are using both hands or doing stuff with your feet and also leaning to and fro with your whole body, and also when I dance with the princesses, I use my arms to make a position like I am in the Prince's arms and then I take box steps like we're waltzing together. For Peter Pan's shadow, I have to stand just like him, and it registers both hands and both feet whereas the wii-mote only can register one hand swinging, or shaking or whatever.

Comment

OMgoodness Duffy is excited to see you! :love: :love: :love: Great set of screencaps...thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X