Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    DuffyD your photos are so stinking cute I can't stand it!
    Yours, too! I missed them til Eeee-va mentioned them! Your Duffy is so full of mischief!

I'm glad you had a park day. I know the pain of having an AP…and then not having one. It's hard.

Comment

I'm to SEXY for my... So SEXY it hurtsClick image for larger version

Name:	Duffy bodouir.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	7357581

sigpic

Comment

immamouse ; That's too funny. XD I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
          Yours, too! I missed them til Eeee-va mentioned them! Your Duffy is so full of mischief!

I'm glad you had a park day. I know the pain of having an AP…and then not having one. It's hard.
          I wasn't a park day though. We just had lunch at Downtown Disney, then checked out the decorations at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian & Contemporary. I looked longingly at the Magic Kingdom as we passed by on the Monorail though. But there is NO WAY I'd want to visit any of the parks during these 2 weeks though. Way too many people. Magic Kingdom has reached capacity more than once over the last few days from what I've heard and today the MK parking lot reached capacity and they were telling people to park at Epcot and take the Monorail in. Just going to Downtown Disney was a pain because parking is a nightmare right now due to the construction & conversion to Disney Springs. They got one of the new parking structures open last month but it doesn't even look like they got the 2nd one started yet (but all the parking in front of Pleasure Island & the Marketplace is blocked off). We had to park in the cast lot behind the Hess station across the street then walk to one of the couple crosswalks they had open.

Comment

aimster ; That sounds crazy. Why has it been so packed lately? I have only been there three times in my life. It seems a strange time for the place to be packed. I would think this would be one of the lesser times for people to visit.

Comment

The first two weeks in December are one of the lowest times for crowd levels. Most people don't vacation between two holidays that are so close. We think that is the best time to go because you get to see all the Christmas decorations and don't deal with too many people.
              The two weeks around Christmas are at the peak of crowd levels. Really not great time to go because of the crowds.

btw, the post that Josh made on www.easywdw.com on Dec 24th has wonder photos of various resorts decorations.

Comment

ilovegreataur ; Thanks for posting the link. I can live through the photos now. XD I hope to return to walt disney world soon. Not sure when though.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                  ilovegreataur ; Thanks for posting the link. I can live through the photos now. XD I hope to return to walt disney world soon. Not sure when though.
                  You are welcome. I totally miss being there. We stayed in the Yacht Club (miniature railroad) and walked through Beach Club (chocolate carousel). We also went over to Wilderness and AK Lodges, and there are a lot of photos from those two resorts too. His photos are very representative of my recent experience. Doesn't help get over missing being there! If only my husband would triple his salary...

Comment

ilovegreataur ; I am very jealous. I am hoping to go down their in 2015 the week after memorial day. I am just hoping it wont be too busy. T.T I think it will just be me and the bears going though. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur;1057181393I
                      The first two weeks in December are one of the lowest times for crowd levels. Most people don't vacation between two holidays that are so close. We think that is the best time to go because you get to see all the Christmas decorations and don't deal with too many people.
                      The two weeks around Christmas are at the peak of crowd levels. Really not great time to go because of the crowds.

btw, the post that Josh made on www.easywdw.com on Dec 24th has wonder photos of various resorts decorations.
                      I love, love his site!!! Read it all the time just for the picture's!!

sigpic

Comment

Immamouse, did you make those clothes in your first photo set? And the "too sexy" one is easily +100 points!!:clap:

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                          Immamouse, did you make those clothes in your first photo set? And the "too sexy" one is easily +100 points!!:clap:
                          The pants where from BAB and the vest from Amanda, the shirt is from another outfit also

sigpic

Comment

Duffy getting ready to watch Into The Woods.

Duffy headed home after seeing the movie.

Comment

Happy New Year!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 2015.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	7357598

sigpic

Comment

New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom. The park is extremely crowded and there some truly outrageous wait times for rides. Peter Pan: 150 minutes; Haunted Mansion: 100 minutes; Small World: 50 minutes; and, Seven Dwarfs: 140 minutes. So what does management do--they send out characters from the Christmas parade to distract you. It worked with Duffy and Shellie May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imag.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	7357599

Click image for larger version

Name:	imag.jpg
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	7357600

Happy New Year from the crowded, but still magical 'happiest place on earth'. I wouldn't want to be any place else (unless it was Tokyo DisneySEA).

Comment

immamouse ; Love the photo. Don't know why I didn't think of getting New Years stuff for my Duffy and Shellie May. >.<

getoffyourduff ; I am jealous. Though the wait lines sounds awful. Would probably be one of those days I wouldn't be riding any rides. XD I love the reindeer person though. Too cute!!!!!

Comment

NYE is the worst time to visit any theme park really, but Disney is at the top of that list. The parks reach capacity & they'll turn away people who don't already have tickets, walkways get gridlocked and wait times for rides are ridiculous. Unless you plan to not ride anything and just eat at the counter service restaurants (unless you managed to score reservations at a table service place) and people watch, going to the parks on NYE is not a good idea.

Comment

aimster ; That sounds crazy. >.<

Comment

getoffyourduff, those photos are great! It seems like it would almost be worth the crowds to get opportunities such as those. (Although I know Christmas crowds are crazy and New Year's Eve is the one day of the year when I don't think I'd take a completely free trip to Disneyland. DCA, maybe, but not Disneyland.)

After all my searching, FINALLY! I FOUND MY BEAR CHAIRS! I found them at HomeGoods marked at $10 each, though one had damage so they marked it down to $7 for me. (While the white is nice, I'm probably going to paint them a brown to be more reminiscent of the Cape Cod Cook-Off and to contrast more with my white walls, so the damage wasn't a big problem.)

They were labeled for up to 18" dolls and they even say "Doll use only," so I hope I do not get in trouble for letting bears sit in them. :lol:

I love the size for the SS Smiling Shellie May plush.

In theory they could work for a 17" Duffy bear, but he kind of dwarfs the chair. At the right angle it might be acceptable.

(For the record, the chairs ARE scaled properly for an American Girl doll as well, which makes sense since Smiling Shellie May's torso is similarly-sized to an American Girl doll's torso, though the limbs are very different lengths.)

Fortunately, my plan was to use them for my dear Spring Voyage bears I got for display last year, and I think they're quite cute!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

What a great find, Eeee-va! They are perfect in size.
                                          DuffyD did a really great job picking out the faces (esp. SS Duffy) on those "display"* bears.

*this is a concept I don't understand :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                          X