Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    What a great find, Eeee-va! They are perfect in size.
    DuffyD did a really great job picking out the faces (esp. SS Duffy) on those "display"* bears.

*this is a concept I don't understand :lol:
    :lol: I am not a "display" person either, but I love those smiling bears and I'd figured to put them up on my plant shelf and display them kind of like the scenes they sometimes make at TDS. (And also, yes, the thought had crossed my mind that if I were to somehow lose my dear Shellie May--and I'd be devastated!--that I also would have an awful lot of bear outfits with no one who could wear them, so two purposes there. :shy: Depending on if they make SS plushies for the Easter event this year, my idea was either witty or a bit pointless, since I haven't done much with them since I got them last year, unless you count a few hugs...)

Except my huge plant shelf is so high I need to get a ladder to get to it, so I might end up putting up a regular shelf for them instead. Haven't decided yet!

And yes, I especially love my SS Duffy's face! I'm astounded how different the (admittedly well-loved) 2012 SS Shellie May looks from the 2014 SS Shellie May.
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Love the photos Eeee-va! The chairs are very cute. I have to admit though my Smiling Duffy gets more action then any of my other bears. He is easier to carry around because he is smaller.

Comment

Love the chair's, I need to find something like that for mine. I wish I could find the right size rocking chair.

sigpic

Comment

We went to suburban Chicago for Christmas and New Year's.

Once we arrived, Duffy and Shellie May went to greet their cousin, Snuggly Duffy. Shellie May was still wearing her St. Lucia outfit because she wanted my sister to see how pretty she looked in it. Snuggly Duffy showed them the Christmas pillow that they could relax against.

Rockgirl, being the considerate cousin that she is, remembered how da bears get cold easily. "This blanket is not only Christmas themed, but it's SUPER soft and WARRRRM!" she told Duffy and Shellie May.

"Ooo, VERY nice," commented Shellie May.

"You know the drill, we'll come out when Santa gets here," said Duffy as they all bundled up.

"Yeah, just like last year," said Shellie May.

Shellie May dressed up for Christmas, but Duffy still wore his pajamas.

Shellie May made friends with my sister's Christmas bears. They come OUT of hibernation at this time of year and then go back to sleep in January.

Evergreen LOOKS crabby, but he's actually quite nice, Shellie May informed me.

Duffy joined them. "Strange custom, to come OUT in winter, but y'all look friendly enough," he said.

"I've been wearing these pajamas long enough. I think they need to be washed," Duffy said one day as he put them in the load of laundry that my sister planned on doing.

Then it was time to dry them. My sister and I hang up most of our clothes so that they don't shrink. Duffy wasn't too worried about it, though.

Once they came out, Duffy decided to crawl into the nice, WARM drier.

"This is curved exactly right for me to relax," he said. He decided to stay in there for awhile.

"Ah, this is the life," he said, as he put his hands behind his head in TOTAL relaxation.

Christmas morning arrived. Da bears recognized their presents as they were wrapped in the same paper as last year.

My sister's reindeer looked on.

Duffy got a pirate Disney infinity disk that will give him more loot when he's pillaging, and Shellie May got a Hello Kitty stocking.

"Pirate AND more money; you can't beat THAT!" said Duffy excitedly.

"Aren't I supposed to have something IN the stocking," asked a puzzled Shellie May. I told her it was for decoration.

"Here, we can put my pirate disk in there for safe keeping. Win/win," said Duffy.

JillT

Comment

Snuggly Duffy gets along FINE with my sister's plush cat because they have something in common. My sister's calico alive cat, Ariel, still does not like him.

Da bears relaxed alot on this trip.

My sister made snowman cookies.

"Ooo, these are as nice as the Hello Kitty cookies you made us last summer. Thank you," said Shellie May.

Here is the recipe: 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese + 1 package of nutter butters. Crush the nutter butters and mix them into the cream cheese. Roll into balls. Put in freezer 15 minutes.

Melt 1 package of white chocolate chips over double boiler. Use a toothpick to dip the cookie balls into the white chocolate.

A mini oreo is the hat. Frosting in a small tube is the eyes and nose and mouth.

Shellie May dressed up for New Year's Eve. She wore the dress from Greenwood, IN Build-A-Bear, acquired on the way BACK from the summer trip to Chicago.

"That's sequin overload but you still look pretty," said Duffy. Actually, the sequins match better in real life.

My sister's snowman photobombed the picture.

The evening consisted of munching out and watching DVDs.

"Let's get this party started," said Shellie May, as she reached for the sparkling lingonberry/apple juice. "At least we won't get drunk on this. It's supposed to taste like wine but there is no alcohol in it."
            She remembers how last year she woke up the next morning with a hangover and with her shoes and crown falling off.

First, at midnight, my sister and I took a turn on our Dad's air raid siren from WWII! It was LOUD! My sister lives in a townhouse community so I'm sure it woke up a few people who otherwise did not make it to midnight, but in our Dad's honor we shouted "Happy New Year" and cranked it!

Then it was time for our toast.

We did not like this. It tasted exactly like wine, which hey, good job, but we don't like wine so scratch that! Next year we will have sparkling purple grape juice.

Da bears did not like it either.

Snuggly Duffy declined to try some. He was cozy.

Happy 2015 everyone!

Comment

Wonderful Jill!
              I love SM's Christmas outfit and boots. The boots rock!
              Also love the purple dress.
              Looks like a run time was had by all.

Comment

After the crowds of Christmas and New Year's Eve, it was time for a resort day. The bears took off to explore the area around the pool and couldn't understand why I was upset with them when I caught up to the rascals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c807ee4-d3bc-4a27-b7bb-26cd92a0dcd7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	7357614

Comment

getoffyourduff ; That picture is adorable. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by getoffyourduff View Post
                    After the crowds of Christmas and New Year's Eve, it was time for a resort day. The bears took off to explore the area around the pool and couldn't understand why I was upset with them when I caught up to the rascals.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39960[/ATTACH]
                    My Duffy has the same shirt but he refuses to leave the house without bottoms LOL!
                    IS that your backpack Duffy in the yellow outfit? It looks great on him.

Comment

My Duffy & ShellieMay have those same outfits as well.... from That's Sew Amanda (iDuffyBear here on MC).

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                        My Duffy has the same shirt but he refuses to leave the house without bottoms LOL!
                        IS that your backpack Duffy in the yellow outfit? It looks great on him.
                        Yep. That's my little Duffy backpack - I call him PackTrick. Duffy wanted a dog for Christmas so I dressed PackTrick in the new Pluto costume and voila problem solved. Ive tried putting black pants with the shirt, but just didn't like the look. The Mickey shirt is one of Duffy's favorites, especially when he is in the parks (or near the parks as the case may be).

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        My Duffy & ShellieMay have those same outfits as well.... from That's Sew Amanda (iDuffyBear here on MC).
                        I love these outfits from Amanda. Got them for my birthday, just before DSM Clothiers closed down. I love how they say Mickey and Minnie, but they aren't too costumey.

Comment

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Taking basic lessons in Japanese:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Going off-topic to this thread to announce:

OLC has announced "Duffy's Easter Fair" to be held from April 2nd until June 23rd. 50 items for Duffy will be on pre-sale starting on March 27th, with two styles of costume set that one is fashionable style linking the special event and the other a country-like style.

Here is the press release: http://www.olc.co.jp/news/tdr/20150108_01.pdf

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I love the Minnie Easter Bonnet!
                              Thanks for posting MikkiMausu.
                              btw, I bought the pin that is the same as your avatar.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	7359171
                                I received my ShellieMay sailor dress. I know some don't like it but I do. It's my first official SM outfit! I need Duffy's sailor suit now.

Comment

I think it's cute!

Comment

tony609 ; That is such a cute outfit.

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May decided today was a good day to update their United States puzzle.

"We conquered FOUR new states this year!" they said in unison.

Shellie May was happy that Duffy waited for her to see Indiana before putting it in.

They glued the new states into their proper places.

Adelaide, Bearami, and Peace Hippie came over to inspect it. After all, they conquered a few of these states themselves when they went on vacation.

I didn't tell da bears that I think we'll be doing alot of local stuff this year but they are usually happy just to get out of the house period, even if is just a day adventure.

Comment

Tony609 beat me to it!

I also just got ShellieMay's sailor dress from HKDL. It is nicer than I though, while not quite being up to TDS standards. It's still adorable, especially with some extra accessories. So, here are pictures comparing it to Duffy's versions (My Friend Duffy, and the U.S. sailor set).

Here is the trio sitting together.

It turns out that Duffy's U.S. sailor shirt fits Gelatoni pretty well! The sleeves are short on Duffy, but great on Gelatoni. Duffy's hat doesn't really work, since it has Duffy's name on it. So...I improvised. As The First Star said elsewhere, Gelatoni has flair, so I figured he could pull off wearing ShellieMay's pink sailor hat.

He does have flair!

Shellie's dress looks great on her. It doesn't have lining, but it looks good on her. The fabric is different than Duffy's. It's probably polyester. The one thing I don't like about the non-OLC costumes are the elastics for hats. I'm not sure I like the way they do it, with an elastic that goes around each ear. It squishes her ears. I think I prefer the one elastic that goes around the back of her head that OLC uses.

Embroidery detail on top of her hat. If you REALLY hate her name on it, you could use a seam ripper to get rid of it.

The Disney tags are a bit much on the hat. I hate cutting tags off, but I might...or just try to tuck them under the hat.

Here she is with her pink sailor hat. I'm not sure I like the combo.

So, I tried an older hat of Duffy's. It's his Cape Cod Seasons summer swimming set hat. Also, the red shoes are ShellieMay's first Sweet Duffy costume shoes.

Gelatoni wanted to try the red hat. Cats and birds though...hmm.

Gelatoni in the middle.

So, here are some more details of ShellieMay's dress. I discovered that the panties from her winter Cannery Clothing Company set are PERFECT for this dress!

Details of the back.

There's the Mickey (Duffy) mark.

Here are the two non OLC sailor costumes together. They look good, but the blue on Duffy's is more cobalt, while Shellie's dress is navy. They don't look as good together, in my opinion, as the My Friend Duffy sailor suit does.

Closer detail.

And, here is the detail on the back. I like the Mickey shapes on Duffy's, but I'm divided about ShellieMay's. I like the simplicity of hers, but I guess her larger Mickey mark makes up for it.
                                        Last edited by gurgi; 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM.
                                        Meow

Comment

Not sure if others saw this but it was posted on Twitter.
                                          https://twitter.com/DisneyMart/statu...913600/photo/1

Name:	B69i1aOIgAAimWb.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	7359174

Comment

Working...
                                          X