Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Getoffyourduff, that rock picture is outstanding!

MikkiMausu, that studying is so adorable!

JillT, great map! Looking forward to seeing your bears' adventures in 2015!

Thank you for the Shellie May sailor suit photos, Tony609 and Gurgi! Gelatoni's flair! :lol:

I do like Shellie May's dress...for some reason I don't mind Duffy's name on his hat because it's a shorter name and it's on the brim, but I don't like the placement of Shellie May's and the addition of a bow. I guess one or the other would be OK with me--if I had to pick, I'd actually probably put the name on the brim to match Duffy's. But as I thought and as Gurgi pointed out, the outfit is probably a better match to the TDS My Friend Duffy sailor outfit anyway, I think both because Shellie May's outfit is more "complete" than just a shirt, and of course the navy color. I could almost wonder if it was intended to be a complement for Duffy's TDS sailor outfit, but the unnecessary additions to HKDL's Shellie May sailor hat kind of make that seem less likely to me.

If not for the skirt, the fronts of Shellie May and Duffy's sailor outfits would almost look like color-swapped images of each other, with blue becoming white and white becoming blue. If I had no intention of getting Shellie May but did have a Gelatoni, I'd be tempted to take off the skirt on Shellie May's outfit, hem the bottom, and make a sailor shirt for Gelatoni to match Duffy's.
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

"Have I mentioned lately how much I love the library?" asked Shellie May.

"Um, not within the last 2 weeks, heh heh," laughed Duffy. "Whaddup?"

"Hoopla (the library's streaming music/video website) just sent me a message that Season 1 of Paddington Bear is available. I'm gonna get it," she said.

"There are 13 episodes, your favorite number," she told me.

"That's a good sign," I replied.

"I'll watch it with you, but first we need some snacks," said Duffy, reaching for the animal crackers in my pantry.

Bearami soon joined them.

Then ALL da bears joined them and they had to move to the couch to see it clearly. It has been awhile since they ALL joined in the same activity. Of course, more snacks were warranted.

Zhu Xiong and Peace Hippie are still besties.

Bearami was really happy about being sandwiched between Adelaide, who he's crunching on, and his only Build-A-Bear brother, Theo.

JillT

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
        …It is nicer than I thought, while not quite being up to TDS standards. It's still adorable, especially with some extra accessories. So, here are pictures comparing it to Duffy's versions (My Friend Duffy, and the U.S. sailor set).

Here is the trio sitting together.

It turns out that Duffy's U.S. sailor shirt fits Gelatoni pretty well! The sleeves are short on Duffy, but great on Gelatoni. Duffy's hat doesn't really work, since it has Duffy's name on it…
        I actually really love this image. I liked the idea of Shellie having a basic sailor suit (other than her maroon navy or Heartfull Sailor looks), but I never really thought this dress matched the US Duffy Sailor. Now I see that it is a much better match for Duffy's MFD Sailor, which honestly makes me even more frustrated that OLC didn't release it first. I hope an OLC release of this is coming, with red trim on a hat without her name and the ribbon in back where it belongs, like her pink sailor hat. Speaking of…

...I improvised. As The First Star said elsewhere, Gelatoni has flair, so I figured he could pull off wearing ShellieMay's pink sailor hat.

He does have flair!
        Gelatoni does have enough flair to pull this off, and the pink goes well with his nose and ears, but for both Gelatoni and Shellie, I find that I strongly prefer the red hat to the pink one. It's just too bad about the bird on top! Also, I like the little Muckey details on the sailor flap. I wouldnt trade pants for it, but it's cute.

Shellie's dress looks great on her. It doesn't have lining, but it looks good on her. The fabric is different than Duffy's. It's probably polyester. The one thing I don't like about the non-OLC costumes are the elastics for hats. I'm not sure I like the way they do it, with an elastic that goes around each ear. It squishes her ears. I think I prefer the one elastic that goes around the back of her head that OLC uses.
        She really does look adorable! Although, of course, I don't love her name on her clothes, and I don't think the bow is very appropriate. Yes, Disney, we know she's a girl, but couldn't she have an authentic-looking nautical ribbon? Y'know, like the pink hat that already existed before you designed this?

The shoes just make it, though! They really tie it all together. And the red shoes remind me of the Japanese story of "the girl with red shoes," which makes me think of Yokohama and the ocean!:clap: I wish Duffy had a good pair of basic white shoes to complete his look, too, but the brown works in a pinch.

Embroidery detail on top of her hat. If you REALLY hate her name on it, you could use a seam ripper to get rid of it.

The Disney tags are a bit much on the hat. I hate cutting tags off, but I might...or just try to tuck them under the hat.
        Yeah, her name has got to go!:lol: And, even in Tokyo, I really miss the pre-2010 days when the only tags were the embroidered tags, and they weren't on every single piece. Hooray for protecting corporate interests, but what about feeling like natural clothing? It's one of the things I really like about Cannery releases now.

Here she is with her pink sailor hat. I'm not sure I like the combo.

So, I tried an older hat of Duffy's. It's his Cape Cod Seasons summer swimming set hat. Also, the red shoes are ShellieMay's first Sweet Duffy costume shoes.
        I definitely prefer the red hat, with its red accent stitching; it is just perfect — except for the gull. Everything but the gull.

Gelatoni wanted to try the red hat. Cats and birds though...hmm.
        It really suits him, too. Though…does he look hungry? And I actually think he looks much better in that sailor suit than Duffy does. Probably, it's that his nose and ears soften the red in that tie, which I never liked. Shellie's fur has the same effect for the red in hers. Duffy looks best in the crisp, cool tones of his MFD version.

I think my ideal would be the red stitched and trimmed sailor cap, sans bird and plus back ribbon for Shellie. Then use a white hat with cobalt stitching and trim for Gelatoni. That way, they'd all be different, but complimentary.

I discovered that the panties from her winter Cannery Clothing Company set are PERFECT for this dress!
        That really is a wonderful match!!

Here are the two non OLC sailor costumes together. They look good, but the blue on Duffy's is more cobalt, while Shellie's dress is navy. They don't look as good together, in my opinion, as the My Friend Duffy sailor suit does.
        I agree completely. Shellie's really does seem almost designed to compliment MFD, rather than its actual overseas counterpart. It's odd.

And, here is the detail on the back. I like the Mickey shapes on Duffy's, but I'm divided about ShellieMay's. I like the simplicity of hers, but I guess her larger Mickey mark makes up for it.
        Again, by not having the Mickeys, it is a better match for Duffy's MFD than the US/HK version. I wonder if even overseas, they're really still planning Duffy marketing for visiting Japanese guests, who will likely have and prefer the MFD version? I hope not, because that would mean the OLC release of a basic sailor for ShellieMay might still be a long time coming…:insure:

Thanks, gurgi, for the fantastic in-depth comparison!:thumbup:

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
        …But as I thought and as Gurgi pointed out, the outfit is probably a better match to the TDS My Friend Duffy sailor outfit anyway, I think both because Shellie May's outfit is more "complete" than just a shirt, and of course the navy color. I could almost wonder if it was intended to be a complement for Duffy's TDS sailor outfit, but the unnecessary additions to HKDL's Shellie May sailor hat kind of make that seem less likely to me.

If not for the skirt, the fronts of Shellie May and Duffy's sailor outfits would almost look like color-swapped images of each other, with blue becoming white and white becoming blue. If I had no intention of getting Shellie May but did have a Gelatoni, I'd be tempted to take off the skirt on Shellie May's outfit, hem the bottom, and make a sailor shirt for Gelatoni to match Duffy's.
        I have exactly the same thoughts and process, and wow — interesting idea for a Gelatoni sailor shirt!:thumbup: I think I'd make his white with cobalt instead of navy trim, actually. Duffy's overseas Sailor looks great on him. It doesn't even bother me as much that it's pantsless, maybe because of his shorter legs? Also, I have every intention of getting Shellie's…just as soon as it's made by OLC!

Comment

Little D came to keep me company at work todayClick image for larger version

Name:	10919005_10204648804572361_7987394100958459360_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	7359211

sigpic

Comment

I love that your wall paper is a picture of Duffy in his robe and PJs.

Comment

Today, I loaded up da bears in the car for their first adventure. We drove 3 hours north to Louisville, KY to tour the American Printing House for the Blind.

The museum is open M-Sat but the printing/publishing house only offers tours M-Th at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., all free. No pictures are allowed in the actual publishing house.

It was really interesting! We all learned alot. We got to try on goggles to see what it would be like to have cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, or diabetes that affects our vision. We also got to punch our names in Braille but we were unsuccessful because you punch on a stylus backwards and it was hard enough to memorize the letters much less remember how to do it backwards. The tour guide laughed when I asked her if I got it right, so I'll take that as a no! There is also something known as a Braille typewriter which actually has alot less keys since there are only 6 positions to punch dots per "cell" plus the space bar. However, you must press the keys all at once so that the punch registers in the same cell (i.e., if your "cell" needs 3 dots to signify a certain letter, you must press all three positions at the same time).

"We haven't been to Missouri yet," said Shellie May.

The braille "cells" can stand for a letter, signify a capital or a number, or be a whole word.

On the way back home we stopped at Opry Mills Mall for a play break. Duffy and Shellie May did not get very long to climb on this bear, though, because some lady wanted to take a picture of her toddler.

JillT

Comment

JillT, your crew is so big! Great photos! And I love Duffy and Shellie May's trip to the museum--what an interesting place! Thanks for sharing!
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

All these photos are too cute!

Comment

Duffy and Shellie May woke me up early this morning, with the sound of their sled sc across the floor as they dragged it. "It snowed outside! Let's go sledding!" they said.

"Urgh, bears, it's Saturday, time to sleep in. In fact, it's not even LIGHT outside yet," I told them.

Well, since they don't have jobs, they can sleep in anytime, so when it STARTED to get light and they noticed white stuff, they were ready for some action.

The sled was really only built for one bear, but undaunted, Shellie May climbed on anyway.

"Hold on, Shellie May! How do you STEER this thing?" asked Duffy.

Then they admired the icy foliage. Duffy tried unsuccessfully to climb up.

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again," he said.

Now the sun is up and it's 28F so it will probably melt.

Comment

Such great winter fun Jill! Thank you for sharing the adventure.

Comment

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
                        But your bears are dressed delightful....

I am so glad that it doesn't snow very much here in Texas. The bears would love it, but I wouldn't.

Comment

JillT ; Those photos are way too cute. I should have taken photos of my bears in the snow when I had the chance. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by getoffyourduff View Post
                            Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
                            But your bears are dressed delightful....

I am so glad that it doesn't snow very much here in Texas. The bears would love it, but I wouldn't.
                            I moved out of Chicago to get away from the white stuff, as well. So yeah, a winter person I am not. We get an average of 9" per year of snow in Nashville, TN. It doesn't usually last long because our average temperature is in the low 40's in the day and 28F at night.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	7359224

Shellie May wanted to dress up as Cruella De Vil and go play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Here is Little "Shellie De Vil" at the Main Street Cinema with her Pongo card at the ready.

Since today marks the anniversary of the original release of "101 Dalmatians", I though it was apropos to post it today

Comment

GetoffyourDuff, that is hilarious! I am really enjoying the pictures you post and am glad that you joined MiceChat.

You might already know this, but in Magic Kingdom, if you go to the firehouse you can get a free pack of cards for that collectible game each day you are in the park. They scan your ticket or something to make sure you only get one per day. Also, you can get collectible bus cards from the drivers when you take the shuttles from park to park. Not all the bus drivers have them. Oh, yeah, and the ferry drivers have some collectible cards for their mode of transportation, too. Those aren't as interesting; they just give facts regarding the Disney shuttles, but for free, sure, why not clutter up my photo album some more, right? :lol:

Comment

getoffyourduff ; The photo is awesome! I absolutely adore the outfit! I can't wait until I buy 101 Dalmatians next month when it releases out the vault again. ^^

Comment

A good night to all Duffeteers:

From Duffy & Mickey.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                                      You might already know this, but in Magic Kingdom, if you go to the firehouse you can get a free pack of cards for that collectible game each day you are in the park.
                                      At the Christmas party, they were giving away special Elsa cards. We didn't make it to a stand when they were open.

Comment

This was posted on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

My Shellie got to meet Anna and Elsa recently! Anna loved her costume but I think Elsa was a little jealous. I had to tell her that Shellie had an Elsa costume at home too!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                          X