Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

This was posted on the Official Duffy Twitter page:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Winter storm Octavia hit Nashville early Monday morning (4 a.m.) through Monday evening (6 p.m.).

We got freezing rain, some snow, and then 10 hours of sleet/ice.

Duffy inspected the hard, compacted ice.

Here is a better picture of how thick it was now that it's melting away from my house. The snow made it look white but it is so hard that even when I walk outside I don't crunch through it.

Duffy went ice fishing and Shellie May strapped on her ice skates and is practicing for the Olympics.

Well, that didn't last long because Shellie May decided it was not worth freezing her butt off every time she fell, so now they're sitting inside drinking yup, you guessed it, hot chocolate!

Bears after my own heart, as I'm sitting here drinking hot chocolate myself. Yesterday, my neighbor and one of her housemates called a classic movie marathon. We watched Frankenstein (1990's because she says that version is the closest to the book), the original Jekyll & Hyde, and the old Dracula. Poor other housemate is in lockdown at a medical facility until she can get home and the next shift can get in (Wednesday).

Snow days can be fun (even for the other housemate; it's good overtime)!
      Last edited by JillT; 02-17-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Jillt I love the igloo!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day! I know Valentine's weekend has passed, but these little guys took several days to complete -- even with all the help I had. It was our first time using the silicone molds.

We started out easy by melting a sea salt dark chocolate bar for Duffy (I figured it was appropriate ). For Shellie's dusty rose coloring, we experimented with a white chocolate bar and a touch of dark chocolate and red food coloring.

After that, we felt brave enough to attempt two-tone faces. Duffy's eyes were pure chocolate, and Shellie's were a mix of blue food coloring and white chocolate.

The noses were a bit more difficult. To get black, mix one drop each of red, blue, green, and yellow, and then add a small amount of that mixture to white chocolate. Shellie's nose was achieved with equal amounts of black chocolate and white chocolate.

Duffy's honey-colored fur required half a bar of white chocolate, a 1.5 cm squared piece of dark chocolate, and 4-6 drops of yellow food coloring.

Of course, this can probably all be achieved with candy wafers, which come in all colors.

Next time, I'll work towards minimizing the bubbles.

The panna cotta turned out beautifully, although it was difficult to remove from the mold and I ended up having to cut around the walls of the mold, nicking Duffy's ear in the process.:shy: I just used a standard recipe, but I added vanilla beans to help disguise the porcine odor.
          Last edited by The First Star; 02-17-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

First Star, that is amazing! I commend your cooking ability, along with your bears' talent.

Comment

This was posted on the Tokyo Disney Resort Blog:

Duffy and friends, as they appeared during this year's "Valentine Nights".

Comment

MikkiMausu ; Thanks for posting this. It's too cute!

Comment

I know that I posted a few pictures while at WDW, but never got around to posting others. So, here are some.

Posing with the maintenance workers at Hollywood Studios.

With Max (Goofy's son)

After watching the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular. (Thanks to JayCee for holding up my Duffy)

Would the real Elsa please step forward?

Here is SelfieMay

(My daughter hated that I kept saying that. I thought it was hysterical.)

The big guy himself!

Meet-up at AK on Dec 6.

Bears belonging to me & my daughter, mmommie & her daughter, JayCee & Mum, Tink1223, and Sandrita.

I have a lot more, but they weren't uploaded to photobucket. Some of these may have been posted.

Comment

ilovegreataur ; Those pictures are too cute! That is ALOT of Duffys. o.o

Comment

Great pictures Ilovegreataur.
                      SelfieMay really made me laugh! )

Comment

I'd meant to post but never got around to it!

MikkiMausu, I love your Hawaii photos!

JillT, the disco bears were delightful, and the ice fishing mirror was brilliant!

The First Star, your chocolates are amazing! (And you and/or your bears are very daring to get so close to melted chocolate!)

ILG, your pictures are great! That pile of Duffys and Shellie Mays... :squeeze: I wonder if anyone in California wants to do a meet-up on, say, Sunday March 15...:whistling
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	7359772

Comment

getoffyourduff ; Too cute! I love the outfit! Did you make it? Or buy it?

Comment

Shellie May is wearing the UniBEARsity Anna Costume.

Comment

MikkiMausu99, thank you for sharing those.

Ilovegreataur, your Shellie May is the prettiest of them all in her Frozen Elsa costume. I also thought it was hilarious how you called it Selfie May in the one photo.

Getoffyourduff, that is an adorable costume and caption.

Comment

This was posted on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

Comment

This was posted on Facebook, courtesy of Life With Duffy & ShellieMay:

A set of three Duffy ads appearing in Shibuya.

At the Hachiko Exit of JR Shibuya Station:

Comment

They sure did pick a really cute Duffy for the photos.

Comment

"YES, getoffyourduff, I DO want to build a snowman!"

"Or maybe a robot."

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Great T-Shirts Eeee-va. I would say you can come build a snowman anytime you want, but I am seriously hoping this crazy weather will stop. So I guess it will have to be a robot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X