Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy and Shellie May went through my 3 bookcases of board and card games and picked out Nippon Rails, a crayon rail game, to play. Crayon rail games focus on laying track, delivering goods, and making profits.

You start with a certain amount of money, some cards, of which you can pick one load on each card to pick up and deliver (you can change your mind at any time), and a train that moves a certain amount of space per turn and can carry a certain amount of loads. Each turn you can spend money to build track (cities, mountains or river crossings cost more to build to than just plains (plain white dot)) and then you run your train along your track (or another person’s track for a price), go pick up a load, and then deliver it to where it’s going. You could also use your money to upgrade your train to move farther or carry more loads. When you deliver a load you gain the money it offers, and turn up another card, which can replace the card you now discarded after delivery, or it can be an event (good or bad like a typhoon affecting certain cities (no building, no moving, no picking up or delivering loads), or taxes, or a bonus (the next player delivering tea earns an extra $10 million yen)). The first person to connect a certain amount of the large cities with continuous track in their color, and have a certain amount of money, wins.

Da bears are wearing outfits lovingly designed by Madame Kyoto, who resides in that city and sells custom made outfits for Duffy and Shellie May on ebay. Here is the link to the person who gets them for me.

Tetsuhiro Kimishima (a man)

email : info@ghrjapan.net

Zhu Xiong loves board and card games so she dressed up in her Chinese outfit and asked to join them. “China is in Asia and so is Japan. Close enough, right? Can I play,” she asked.

“Sure, the more the merrier,” said Duffy and Shellie May, each putting an arm around her and making room.

It was pretty funny because da bears delivered the loads that interested them rather than plotting any strategy. So they were drawing their track all over the board instead of building the most efficient, lowest cost, highest paying, logical route. Duffy delivered electronics and cars to start off, and Shellie May picked “pretty pearls” and sake, and of course Zhu Xiong was enthused about delivering tea and rice. The way it turned out Zhu Xiong won.

Zhu Xiong now wants to play all the other crayon rail games I have.

Duffy is happy to see there is a PC version. He likes board and card games but he LOVES video games and a video game about trains is even BETTER!

JillT

Comment

I'd never heard of crayon rail games, JillT--thanks for sharing! Glad your bears had fun!
      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

This was posted on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

Their brand new banner for their Facebook page, as part of the park's Spring offerings. Along with the familiar characters, we see Duffy donning his familiar Sailor outfit while ShellieMay is donning her very own Sailor outfit.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

What a chick magnetClick image for larger version

Name:	13649_10204974988166747_6399718324578480249_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	7359849

sigpic

Comment

I love this!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	7359860Click image for larger version

Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	7359861Click image for larger version

Views:	2
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	7359862Click image for larger version

Views:	2
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	7359863
              Sweet Duffy 2015!!!!!

Comment

LOL, immamouse! Great photos, Tony609!

Shellie May and I love Cast Member costumes so I couldn't help it.

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Got some Duffy photos I want to share:

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41282[/ATTACH]

happy saint patrick's day!!!

Comment

Oh my goodness! These photos are too cute! I am taking Duffy to New York City next month so I will make sure to get plenty of photos.

Comment

My Sweet Duffy hull! Gelatoni and the costumes are new. Duffy and Shellie May were so happy to get costumes so they can help momma in the kitchen. As well now they have a new friend to play with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10511079_974080505944096_4846762657191557205_n.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	7359897Click image for larger version

Name:	11011194_974080542610759_8855899098085490103_n.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	7359898Click image for larger version

Name:	11045427_974080432610770_3448842946145941483_n.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	7359899Click image for larger version

Name:	11075163_974080649277415_7879521704934423216_n.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	7359900Click image for larger version

Name:	11081214_974080465944100_3311842869427150405_n.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	7359901

Comment

This was featured on the official Duffy Twitter page:

Recreating the last part of the story for this year's "Sweet Duffy".

Comment

That is too cute MikkiMausu. I wonder how they get their bears to stand like that as well as hold something like that without it falling...

Comment

LOVE the St. Patrick's Day photo! TDS certainly puts armatures inside their bears for photos (and since they're barefoot, I'm guessing possibly weighted feet too). I wish they would sell poseable bears. IN THEORY I could put an armature inside my Duffy, but I haven't bought one and I'm squeamish to cut into the poor guy. I'm toying with a makeshift armature UNDER my 12" Duffy's clothes so his arms can hold a pose...I'm planning to take him out tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
                                That is too cute MikkiMausu. I wonder how they get their bears to stand like that as well as hold something like that without it falling...
                                They have armature inside of them. I think DuffyD has done that to some of his bears and gets great poses.

Comment

The armature idea sounds pretty awesome. Though I feel like somehow I would mess it up or something. Kinda wish they would sell the ones with the armature and weighted feet for poseable moments.

Comment

I cringe at the idea of shoving rods into my bears. Cute photo ops, yes... but I feel like it is a violation of their civil rights.

Comment

So my old Gorillapod for my point-and-shoot camera broke, but the pieces are basically like an armature (only in the wrong shape). It's basically like this one, only crummier.

So, I strapped it on the back of my 12" Duffy to let his arms pose. No surgery required!

So I think an appropriate armature (as opposed to a juryrigged one like mine) might work out fine strapped to the back of a bear, provided that bear likes long sleeves. Standing would probably be a problem regardless, although shoes MIGHT fix it.

Eventually I will probably put an armature in my 17" Duffy--he's already indicated to me that he won't mind, and frankly it can't hurt more than sewing a smile on him--but I can definitely see why people wouldn't want to subject their bears to such a thing. I know I couldn't cut into my dear Smiling Shellie May!

Comment

Very cute photos Eeee-va!

I may have to try doing an armature on his back. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him an armature inside him I just don't know how to do it. I don't want to hurt my bears and not be able to put them back together. >.<

Comment

We went to Chicago for 9 days. I took Hannah because it was an indoor vacation so she didn’t have to worry about getting dirty.

Family reunion:

Rockgirl came over to introduce herself to Hannah.

Everyone wanted a group picture.

Duffy and Shellie May both like the free video game “My Singing Monsters”, available on multiple platforms (Sony PS Vita handheld console, PC, ipad, and Android phone).

You must feed a monster up to level 15 before you can place it on gold island (the original stays on the original island and a duplicate goes on gold island). There are 8 islands and each island has its own song that you compile by breeding, hatching, and placing certain monsters on it (each monster is made up of elements and certain elements are only found on certain islands). Duffy and Shellie May placed a noggin (the first monster you breed in the game) on gold island.

My sister’s and my friend got me a plush Mammott, who I named Abominable. He went over to give advice on the game’s strategy. “I’m going to bake some pizza!” he said.

“Um, okay, I wasn’t going to spend my coins on that RIGHT NOW, but whatever,” said Duffy.

Then Abominable went over to whisper in Shellie May’s ear. “Feed me so I can level up and get on Gold Island,” he said.

“It’s too expensive to spend diamonds to speed the pizza up. You’ll have to wait,” she told him.

“FEED ME,” he insisted.

“Geez, dude, calm down,” Duffy told him.

“Um, yeahhhh, it’s just a game,” said Shellie May.

Abominable said, “No, it’s my LIFE!”

I took da bears to Portillo’s. Dick Portillo was born at 1330 West Van Buren in Chicago, Illinois. His family then moved to government-subsidized row houses on Mohawk Street, called the Mother Frances Cabrini Housing Project. After his father started earning enough money, they were prompted to leave and moved to 1617 South Central Park. His family later moved to the southwest suburbs. He was a 1957 graduate of Argo Community High School at 63rd and Harlem. After high school, he served a tour with the Marine Corps.

The first Portillo's hot dog stand known as "The Dog House" opened in 1963 on North Avenue in Villa Park. Owner and founder Dick Portillo invested $1,100 into a 6' x 12' trailer without a bathroom or running water. To get the water he needed, he ran 250 feet of garden hose from a nearby building into the trailer.

By 1967, "The Dog House" was a success and was ready for a new look. After it was remodeled, it was renamed "Portillo's" and over the years has grown into a successful multi-state operation. Portillo’s expanded to Southern California in 2005, Indiana in 2006 and to Arizona in 2013.

Hannah took one look at the menu and declined. “I don’t like eating with my paws,” she said.

“We don’t mind,” said Duffy and Shellie May, as they shouted their order in the drive-thru.

“Don’t forget dessert, bears,” I told them. “Hannah, you eat it with a spoon so I’ll order you an Italian strawberry shortcake.”

After arriving home, they unpacked all their food. Hannah was still turning her nose up at the mess, so my sister graciously fixed her a bowl of organic plain Greek yogurt smothered in Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips. “Here you go, Hannah. You can eat this with a spoon and I put it in a pretty, pink bowl for you.”

“Thank you. You sure are a good cook,” said Hannah, making my sister chuckle.

“You ARE a good cook,” echoed Duffy and Shellie May, remembering the hello kitty cookies and the snowman cookies my sister made for their previous visits.

Duffy got my personal favorite, an Italian sausage sandwich with double mozz, sweet peppers, on Gonnella bread. He did not like the onion rings. He ordered a chocolate malt.

Shellie May ordered an Italian beef with cheddar cheese croissant with double cheese AND cheese fries. She’s definitely a dairy lover. She ordered a vanilla malt.

Da bears put themselves in another food coma, so they crashed on the couch to watch some DVDs.

The next DAY they ALL ate their desserts.

The last full day of the trip we went to a friend’s house for a fun fair, where we play board and card games for prizes that we purchased and wrapped for each other.

“Look at this smiley face cookie,” Hannah prompted my friend. “You have to pick this prize first because it is perishable,” she advised.

“I love your couch,” she continued. Then she made a pillow pile and proclaimed herself “Queen of the Cushions” and sat there the rest of the day!

“I want this French prize as soon as I win something,” said Shellie May, which she promptly picked when she won the first game, Doodle Dice.

It was a French magnetic box with eau du parfum inside.

Shellie May was on a roll; she won again and this time she picked the “ooo la la” prize, which was another French box. When she opened THAT the taco bell Chihuahua popped out and said, “viva gordita!”

“Nice dog,” said Shellie May, petting it. Duffy came over and greeted their new pet.

Duffy wasn’t winning anything because he was in the kitchen munching out.

When we got hungry my friend fixed some pizza. “I’ll take THIS piece,” Duffy said, reaching for the biggest one!

A good time was had by all.

On the ride home, Abominable tried to hang out with Yeti Junior, who I adopted from the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom.

Upon arriving home, he made real friends with Yeti, also from the same ride.

He did not understand that he was blocking my view of the TV so I forcefully moved him.

He's a little bit loud and bumbling for Duffy and Shellie May's taste. Now he's dangerously near my front door. Hopefully he does not scare away any company I might have!

JillT
                                          Last edited by JillT; 03-25-2015, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X