Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmommie View Post
    Duffy and his version of "Singing in the Rain"
    mmommie, the umbrella is adorable. I visited Duffy last week at EPCOT, he was very playful. He "stole" a Duffy and hid him under his shirt.

Comment

• This was featured on the official Tokyo Disney Resort blog:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/blog/150917/

If guests planned their weddings at the Tokyo Disney Resort, they will receive a suprise. Duffy, alongside other characters, will congratulate them.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• just want to share a pic i take last weekend.

Comment

• Oh, that shirt is amazing! I thought a Duffy Disneybound would be delightful, but you one-upped that, even. Great job!
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• mmommie, that umbrella is amazing! Love it. If you see Duffy again please give him a big hug goodbye from me (sob) So gutted no hugs for me next time

And tsw0599 love the shirt!

So glad micechat is back I missed you all! (forgot my password to get back in oops! which is why it took so long to get back on and posting silly me)

Comment

• Jaycee!!! Good to see you! Don't you have a trip coming up soon? We will be spending as much time as possible with Duffy before he leaves. I will be sure to hug him for you

Comment

• Hey mmommie, good to see you too! Yes we do, I'm trying to restrain the bears from packing as it's too early yet. I'll email you from Mum's when I'm there with the dates. Gutted it won't be before Duffy leaves though. Thank you for hugging him for me!!! Hope you still want to meet up as that's about all I have to look forward too with Duffy gone

Comment

• Jumbo Shellie informed me today that she doesn't think her name is politically correct. She would like to be known as Svelte Shellie. Um, sorry, I told her, your name stands, but don't be insulted, it was given to you with love.

Comment

• Today was the annual Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival. This is my sixth time going and da bears' third time. Of course, with so many stages, they had to prioritize the schedule by highlighting the acts they really wanted to see most.

They decided to bring water so they could save their appetite and money for food!

The festival takes place from 10-6 the first Saturday of October at Centennial Park and is free, including free parking.

"People in Nashville are so friendly and welcoming. We fit right in," said Duffy, the bear of happiness, and of course, Shellie May brings joy.

They immediately started checking out the food options.

This is the Serbian flag.

Shellie May observed a Japanese woman getting her kimono adjusted and wanted to make sure she put her own ensemble together correctly.

Charming people wherever they go, the girls running this magic food bus peeked their heads out to be in the photo.

"Let's get a close-up," suggested Duffy, so we did.

At the Armenian booth we got Kataif (my favorite dessert from there), bourma, and napoleon. They were all good. The kataif is the one that looks like straw. The nepoleon is the powdered sugar one.

Satisfied for now, we decided to watch some performers.

These dancers performed some sort of sacred ritual, chanting, walking around with smoke, and sounding the conch horn.

"These dudes freak me out!" exclaimed Duffy.

You can see this is a skull inside a leopard.

"I like them better now that they gave up the smoke and started dancing," said Shellie May.

We don't need an excuse to eat more, so we visited the Puerto Rican truck.

"Mustn't forget dessert," advised Shellie May.

They got an empanadilla and a tembleque de coco, which is coconut gel/pudding.

"These are kind of small, but it's okay because we just want to sample things and try more stuff," da bears told me when they saw their portions.

Then we visited the Peruvian tent. We had another empanada, a pionono (fluffier than pound cake, sweet milk, and peaches), and a package of alfajores which tastes like a kolacki with sweet milk filling. The lady was passing out samples of alfajores (alfa-HORR-ez) and we all flipped over it. Da bears wanted me to get enough to share with the other bears at home but at $8 a package x 3 = $24 I declined. Not that it was overpriced for what we got, but one package was all I was going to get!

We stopped by the Comcast Xfinity tent.

Da bears got their free picture taken.

Charming people young and old, the Comcast representative automatically gave EACH of them their own free Encore bag. Encore is a group of channels.

Shellie May took a spin on the wheel and won a drink bottle.

Next we tried a caribanola, which was fried potato, beef, and corn. Da bears were raving over it so of course, I tasted it and ran back for my OWN! YUMMY!

Stomachs full again, da bears enjoyed watching the eastern European dancers.

Because it was only a high of 51F and drizzly and dreary, the festival wasn't as crowded. The Chinese lion dancers came right into the audience!

"Ooo, I remember this from last year," said Shellie May of the Kachin bamboo dance, by the people of the Kachin tribe from Burma/Myanmar. Burma has 135 tribes.

"They are good!" exclaimed Duffy. "I would trip for sure."

It was a very happy song.

With their own bag each, it will be easy to keep their library items separate.

JillT
                    Last edited by JillT; 10-03-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• We got rained out before we could see the Kurdish and the Pakistan (Urdu) performers. Oh, well. We still enjoyed our day.
                      Last edited by JillT; 10-03-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• I see the photos fine and they're fantastic! I love the Comcast photo (never thought I'd use the word "love" and "Comcast" in the same sentence, LOL). How lucky and photogenic your bears are! Thanks for sharing your experience! (If only you could share samples of the food... )
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• I'm not sure how we can reply to someone anymore. Has it changed? Eeee-va, yes, I got scolded by Comcast for going over my 300 GB data limit last month (twice since I have had them since September 2012; after 3 times they start charging me). Shellie May forgave them the slap on the wrist once she got the freebies.

Comment

• Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Duffy, Mickey and Gelatoni are preparing for a trip to Japan, so they're reading a Japan Travel Book.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Wonderful, MikkiMausu! My Duffy and Shellie May are studying up on Japan too....are you lucky enough to get to go with them on the trip?

Comment

• Trying to get my photos uploaded from the Journeys box arrival....
                                OK, I just give up. Carry on with the cuteness.
                                Get free image hosting, easy photo sharing, and photo editing. Upload pictures and videos, create with the online photo editor, or browse a photo gallery or album and create custom print products.
                                Last edited by mercy; 10-09-2015, 12:51 PM. Reason: Failed Link. Sigh.

Comment

• Today I took da bears to Bernheim Arboretum (and research forest) in Bardstown, KY, just a little south of Louisville.

The staff had not erected this sign yet so da bears decided to sit in the head holes.

Shellie May collected pine cones. The one on the right is super thorny!

This artwork is called "hello".

"It should be called 'high five,'" said Duffy. I agree.

They enjoyed the view at the canopy tree walk.

After hiking around, they were hungry and Shellie May admired the ladybug cookies at Isaac's Cafe.

JillT

Comment

• So CUTE!!!!!

Comment

• "High Five"...I agree with Duffy, JillT. Great photos!

Here are Duffy and Tippy Blue making their way to the San Francisco Maritime Museum Visitor Center (I think it is...there are 2 different buildings and then the ships so I am still confused at the terminology for what is what!).

Waiting for lunch! (This was at the Buena Vista Cafe which is evidently famous for their Irish coffees. It was fun to watch the bartender (?) just make a row of them; they were so popular.)

Those handles!

It is times like this that a fake-ature (improvised armature) comes in handy.

Ghiradelli! We will be back for you later.

Comment

• Today we did more fall hiking, this time at Tims Ford State Park in Winchester, TN.

Duffy made sure the ranger stamped our passport jusssssst right.

"Good job, dude!" he said enthusiastically when it was done.

Then we hit the trail.

We are ready to cross the bridge to see an inlet of Tims Ford Lake.

"Hmmm, interesting," said Shellie May.

Duffy admired the architecture of the bridge.

Duffy looked for fish while Shellie May enjoyed the scenery.

This is the view from the other side of the bridge.

Next we visited the marina.

It was a beautiful day, with not a cloud in the sky and very still, although a bit chilly.

Comment

• What a fun time with your bears, JillT, and that last photo is so pretty!

Comment

Working...
                                          X