Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the pictures of your new arrivals JillT. You always do such great photostories.

Comment

• This was posted on the official Tokyo Disney Resort Facebook page:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• This was posted on the official Tokyo Disney Resort Facebook page:

Comment

• Just some Duffy and friends photos I like to share:

Comment

• Not the best shot, but Duffy water!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Eeee-va! Where did you get those chairs? Are they identical? Could I please see photos without the bears in them?

And Duffy Water! Foolishly, I hadn't thought of using it with PET bottles, but I'm totally gonna try that now. It can be a bracelet, too! Duffy's own Magic Band!

Comment

• Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

And Duffy Water! Foolishly, I hadn't thought of using it with PET bottles, but I'm totally gonna try that now. It can be a bracelet, too! Duffy's own Magic Band!
                Duh, Duffy Magic Band! So doing this.

Comment

• Thanks, DuffyD! I got them at Home Goods (I think they are owned by the same folks who own TJ Maxx); it's like a discount department store, but with mostly stuff for the home. They are supposedly American Girl scale but I'm not so sure they are a good fit for them; I didn't try. Probably not a good fit for 17" bears, either, but I guess if mine had at least TRIED to pose well it might have worked!

I painted them and sealed the paint. The paint job on the one is kind of iffy but I figured it'd work at a distance.... My long-term goal was to put fabric backs on them a la Sweet Duffy and my other long-term goal was to put them up high on my plant shelves and display my SS-sized bears, but so far they've stayed down low and without backing. I looked for probably 9 months to find a set of suitable chairs!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• I woke Duffy and Shellie May up from their winter hibernation to get a group photo.

"Can't it wait until spring," asked Duffy.

"I don't mind, since I haven't had my picture taken in this nightgown yet," said Shellie May, who loves to preen and pose.

This is probably the last time all my stuffed bears will fit in one photo. My sister is housing two more but my couch is overflowing!

That's Teddy (from when I was 1 year old) in the upper left, and Hillbilly Clyde is on the couch (from my friend that I sometimes visit in the Chicago area (we have a fun fair and play board games)).

Comment

• Those chairs look great, Eeee-va! You are so talented! And lucky. What a nice find!

And wow, JillT – I knew you had a lot of bears, but that's a LOT of bears!! I didn't realize that so many of them are Duffys, actually. Is it maybe even 50%?

Comment

• There are 13 Disney bears (Duffies and Shellie Mays) and 16 Build-A-Bears and two non-Disney/non-Build-a-Bears (Teddy and Hillbilly Clyde).

Comment

• Once they wish each other a happy new year da bears all go into winter hibernation until the 2nd weekend of March. There is nothing to see or do here.

Since Shellie May was already up from yesterday, she decided to dress up for Valentine's Day.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Duffy," she said.

She is wearing an outfit she got for Christmas.

"Huh, uh, what?" said Duffy rubbing his eyes. "Oh, yeah, Happy Valentine's Day to you, Shellie May, mwaaah," he said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, see you in another month," he concluded, as he turned over hoping nobody would disturb him again.

JillT

Comment

• Happy Valentine's Day:

From Duffy, Mickey and Minnie.

Comment

• Haha, cute pictures, JillT. They remind me of one of my absolute FAVORITE books as a child, The Valentine Bears!

Comment

• I haven't done anything real interesting lately, but I'll start in on some photos from September 2015.

We flew to Ohio to see family. They're actually closer to Detroit, but the flights there were awful times and prices, so it was cheaper to go through Cleveland. I thought the parts of the city I saw were lovely, but I adore old buildings, and Cleveland has some great ones.

My favorite was actually Heinen's Grocery Store. Yes, grocery store.

This was fairly early in the morning...it was so neat I brought my mom back to see it around lunchtime and it was bustling. I wish them all the best!

Comment

• Eeee-va! That place is awesome! And I know I've already said it, but I love how you've succeeded in making a character costume that not only doesn't obscure Shellie's identity, but also is a character of whom ShellieMay would be a huge fan. ShellieMay Loves Joy!^^

Comment

• Eeee-va, one of my travel obsessions is visiting super markets... So local and interesting. Plus: baked goods.

That place looks fabulous! Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                      Haha, cute pictures, JillT. They remind me of one of my absolute FAVORITE books as a child, The Valentine Bears!

Thank you Diznygirl. I just got that book out of the library and it is ADORABLE! I"m going to purchase it for Duffy and Shellie May and have a surprise for them when they wake up next month.

Comment

• Thank you both! Mercy, I thought I was the only one who liked out-of-town grocery stores...I'm so glad I am not alone!

Heinen's Grocery Store was a delightful surprise, but we had planned to see the Arcade. The architecture is amazing and you can really see what a shopping arcade would have looked like circa 1900...but there are few stores in it (mostly vacant places and businesses). It could be outstanding someday, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                          Thank you both! Mercy, I thought I was the only one who liked out-of-town grocery stores...I'm so glad I am not alone!

Heinen's Grocery Store was a delightful surprise, but we had planned to see the Arcade. The architecture is amazing and you can really see what a shopping arcade would have looked like circa 1900...but there are few stores in it (mostly vacant places and businesses). It could be outstanding someday, though.

Eeee-va: Trust me, not alone. I have spent a lot of time in both department and grocery stores all over the world. My excuse is that I have a Master's degree in 20th Century Popular Culture and History, but really...I'm just fascinated. I spent several lunch hours last year reading a text book on the development of urban city cores (stores) and then the spread of suburban malls. Fascinating. *G*

The bears and the metal work? Kills me!

Comment

Working...
                                          X