No announcement yet.

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Mercy! (I only took one class in popular culture, alas!)

Downtown Toledo had some lovely buildings too.

I think this was by a police building...?

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Now that it’s into March da bears woke up from their winter hibernation to go on a day trip to Alabama. Since one of our activities was the Wellborn Muscle Car Museum, Duffy invited Cameron, the hot rod Build-A-Bear. Shellie May felt like the third wheel, literally and figuratively, but I told her at least we balance each other out so she’s not the only female.

First we toured the two natural history museums in Anniston, AL. Each one had interesting things to see.

There was an outdoor garden with a water feature.

Duffy was fascinated with the mummies.

“These kris holders are WEIRD,” said Duffy. Cameron agreed (a kris is a type of dagger).

“This one isn’t too bad. It just looks like a wise old man,” said Shellie May.

"Oooo, pretty," said Shellie May, oblivious to the harm this could do.

“Take my picture next to the knight in shining armor,” said Duffy.

We ventured farther into the deep south to the Wellborn Muscle Car Museum. It’s a private collection and they were also having an outdoor auto show.

“I like cars that are pink,” said Shellie May, who like me just enjoys them for their aesthetics. Duffy and Cameron were more enthused about this activity than us girls.

"If I buy this vehicle, does it come with the guitar AND the purse on top?" asked Shellie May of the salesperson. He just gave her a strange look and kept moving.

We went to the free Railroad Museum in a suburb of Birmingham. Duffy was happy to be the center of attention, literally and figuratively, putting his arm around Cameron and Shellie May. Shellie May has become the diva of the house and while Duffy is pretty laid back, it was nice for him to be the leader today. This museum was quite pathetic, though. There were two railroad cars and the rest were rust buckets sitting on vacant grass and gravel.

Since that was a flop, we had time to visit the Birmingham Institute of Art.

The docent told me I could not bring the bag of bears in with me, but luckily my backpack was empty enough for them to curl up temporarily while I carried them in. “Take a deep breath and hold it while I zip this up. I promise I’ll walk quickly past the guard before you suffocate,” I promised.

We were allowed to take pictures of the art but not with people or props in front. Da bears were offended at being called “props” and started hitting their little paws on my backpack ready to get out and give the lady a piece of their minds so I rushed past before she figured out what was going on. The museum had 3 floors and a small outdoor sculpture garden. We all enjoyed the various works of art even if da bears weren’t showcased in any photos.

Lastly we went to Whataburger, a famous chain restaurant in Birmingham, AL and all over Texas.

"Whaddabout it?" asked Shellie May.

"Forgeddabout it," said Cameron once he tasted the fries.

The hamburger was decent and it reminded me of Steak 'n' Shake. Steak 'n' Shake has a better atmosphere and more drink options.

“It feels good to emerge from our den (house) and see some more of the country,” said Duffy.

“We didn’t see any new states last year and this wasn’t a new one either, but hopefully we can add something to our life experiences in 2016,” said Shellie May.

“Hey, it’s only been two months since my adoption and I’m already going on an adventure; I’m very pleased,” said Cameron, in the hopes that being polite would get him invited again.

There is more competition for who gets to accompany Duffy and Shellie May, if anyone, now that my family has grown. Some of da bears, like Hannah, don’t like to get their fur dirty so they’re not pushing to be invited, but for others the travelling urge is lurking within their DNA.
      Last edited by JillT; 03-08-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Great adventure, JillT! I had no idea art museums were no fun for bears. I will have to share some photos of Shellie May in a museum soon!
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• I (and the bears on my house) enjoy your photo stories so so so so so so much, JillT !!!!!!! Just visited this thread today and was saying to myself that I hoped you posted a new one.... and you did!!!!! Yay!!!

Comment

• Oh no! The bears are supposed to be IN my house....not ON my house.... Unless some are up on the roof wishing on a star

Comment

• Hi, Shellie May (aw, what a cute user name). I'm glad you are enjoying my stories. I just added another picture to the story as I noticed for some reason one of them didn't upload.

Last year we were homebodies but this year since I have a steady job and they let us buy more vacation time, da bears and i will be going ALOT more places, although one of them is a plane trip to Paris, France with my sister and da bears are staying home for that (it's easiest to take them on road trips with all their gear).

Comment

• This was featured on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

This is part of Hong Kong Disneyland's offerings for Spring, and along with the Duffy and ShellieMay Easter eggs, a Gelatoni Easter egg is featured. What are your thoughts on this?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• I'd love those Easter eggs if they were made by fans or hand-painted by a Cast Member, etc. I'm not sure I like them where they are in the park, though...for better or worse, ShellieMay is in the center of that display while Duffy tends to be in the center in TDS.

Shellie May and I visited the National Museum of the Great Lakes. It was lovely but since it was a weekday in September it was basically deserted. Oh well; easier photos for me!

We both kind of wanted to take one of the tiny life jackets home.

There were a lot of interactive features.

Shellie May loves mirrors!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post

Shellie May loves mirrors!

Hee, I love the outfit and the picture!

Comment

• This was featured on the official Hong Kong Disneyland Facebook page:

Comment

• Thank you, Mercy!

Shellie May and I went onto the lake freighter Col. James M. Schoonmaker next.

I'd been on a couple years ago with Tiny Duffy...this time Shellie May and I got to see much more of the cargo area, but very little of the bow areas which had the captain/crew quarters, the awesome Edwardian (-ish?) areas, etc. Ah well. We still had fun. (And it was a little scary too.)

When I last visited, it was just in a random spot...no pretty museum area.

OK, there was a little in the way of crew quarters.

We have more photos up at the wheelhouse and a few more to share later!
                        Last edited by Eeee-va; 03-22-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Siblings sharing love and joy.

Comment

• Shellie May and Bunny Duffy say "Happy Easter". Regular Duffy is taking a nap, how typical LOL!

JillT
                            Last edited by JillT; 03-27-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Just some Duffy & Friends photos I want to share:

Comment

• "Shellie and the Schoonmaker" has some of your best compositions yet, Eeee-va! I LOVE it!^^ I'm actually curious to know more about this ship and location from your great photos!

And I missed some… JillT, your museum shots are great, too! I especially love the ones with the bears in profile checking out the exhibitions!

And the HKDL Easter eggs… I just can't imagine that's what OLC's version would look like. I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I don't think it would be like that. And what is Gelatoni doing in HKDL? He makes no sense there. Duffy can belong to Disney, fine. And Shellie is made from Duffy's rib, so also fine. They are both Cape Cod natives and very "Disney." But Gelatoni feels very specifically OLC; whether Disney staff were heavily involved in development is unknown at this point. No matter where he came from, he lives in Mediterranean Harbor. I can even imagine him stowing away and seeing the world and maybe even working as a merchant sailor from time to time, to see the world. But Gelatoni isn't exactly like Duffy.

He's not a "go anywhere with anyone" type. He's open and loving, but in a different way. He's more finicky, more independent. Duffy and Shellie love everyone. Gelatoni loves Duffy and Shellie – and us, if we're lucky.^^ He loves artists and creators and free spirits. He's not the type to be content to debut as a tagalong in the form of an Easter egg. Except he is easy-going, and he is a sea-faring traveler… But more like National Geographic. Gelatoni has an edge. Where Duffy and Shellie see the good in everything and kind of filter out the bad, I imagine Gelatoni sees the problems in the world and takes action to express them through his art. If Duffy and Shellie are Barbie and Midge, Gelatoni is Francie, the "mod cousin."

It's just so strange to introduce him that way in Hong Kong, as an egg. I had hoped OLC had some clause in place to protect Gelatoni from being genericized the way that Duffy has become a "Disney Build-a-Bear" for so many, especially in the US. This egg image does not bode well.
                                Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-09-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• A belated Easter photo to celebrate finally being back on the boards!

Edited -- oh dear! Upload isn't working. Since my frustration with the site is super high right now I promise I will try again later.
                                  Last edited by eulenyc-v2; 04-10-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• I posted "I'm so glad you're back!^^" but MiceChat seems to have eaten it. I'll say it again – I'm so glad you're back!^^

Comment

• Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                      I posted "I'm so glad you're back!^^" but MiceChat seems to have eaten it. I'll say it again – I'm so glad you're back!^^
                                      Me too! Now if I can just get this photo to upload . . .

Comment

• Ok . . . I know I used to link photos here from photobucket. Would anyone mind giving me a tutorial? So frustrated because it is a really cute photo!!

Comment

• Ha! Gelatoni is the "Francie" of the bunch. I love all the photos, you guys!

Comment

Working...
                                          X