Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got back from TDS and finally got myself a duffy!

Here he is in a winter coat:

And some pics in his adorable sailor outfit in TDS:

Comment

• Happy very belated Easter, JillT! Eulenyc, I don't know anything about Photobucket; sorry! SweetDuffy, lovely photos, and congratulations on your lovely Duffy!

I will post TDR/Japan photos soon, but I need to finish off my Ohio ship photos!

And back off the ship!

We had a bit more time to kill so headed on back to the museum.

We even had time to play the wreck exploration game!

Bad shot, but, but, the scale!

Stay safe, everyone!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Eeee-va, your Shellie May has the most adorable outfit!!!

Comment

• We took a nine day vacation to Arkansas, the natural state (I had heard they have a lot of caves and waterfalls). Shellie May doesn’t like caves because of her slight claustrophobia from being stuffed in a shoebox for her journey from Ohio to Tennessee. She thinks they are dark, close quartered, and might have monsters and trolls lurking around every corner. Duffy isn’t afraid to go in, but of course, Shellie May wouldn’t want to just sit out in the car by her lonesome self, so she invited Gabriella on this vacation. Gabriella has seen nothing of the outside world other than the alley where I found her in downtown Nashville and the greenery from out the window at home. Hillbilly Clyde wanted to come, too (he is a hillbilly in a complimentary way (casual, friendly, and laid back)), so Duffy put his paw around him and said to me, “See, I TOLD you if you had gotten that giant station wagon at Universal Studios ALL da bears could come with us,” he said.

“Better yet, rent a school bus,” said Shellie May.

“Um, no, that is NOT going to happen and you two are the primary travelers, but other bears can come upon occasion, like this one, but always ask me first in private, okay?”

“Okayyyyyyyy,” they echoed.

Gabriella looks up to Shellie May as her big sister and took Shellie May's lead in packing. They're going to look like two peas in a pod, but Shellie May takes it as a compliment that Gabriella wants to be like her.

We crossed into Arkansas. Hillbilly Clyde was so excited he photobombed me taking a picture of the state welcome sign. "We're HERE!" he exclaimed.

"Me, ME, MEEE! Me next!" exclaimed Gabriella.

Duffy and Shellie May waited patiently for their turn, even though they were last and it is a new state for them, too, because they understand how important first adventures are!

JillT

Comment

• We saw alot our first day so I will split the stories up.

Our first stop was Crowley's Ridge State Park. Just like in Tennessee, all Arkansas state parks are open dawn to dusk and are free.

Shellie May likes feathers but she will take a pass on the spiders and fungus.

"This is sumac, not to be confused with POISON sumac," informed Gabriella.

"These flowers match the flowers on my shoes," said Gabriella.

"This is May apple but since it's only April there is nothing blooming in the center," she continued. "I love mother nature!"

Duffy explored a hollow tree.

Shellie May spotted a mushroom.

Hillbilly Clyde wanted me to buy him a coonskin hat.

JillT

Comment

• Next we

Last edited by JillT; 04-30-2016, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Thank you, SweetDuffy! That is the Cast Member outfit for Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure! Making Cast Member outfits is my favorite!

And what a fun adventure, JillT! I love your ShellieMay's dress!

I'm posting my Japan photos on Daily Duffy's Facebook and Blogger (slowly!) but I'll put up some of the highlights here!

First photo in Japan! It was about 8 PM Tokyo time, I think (3 AM back home!). I did not sleep through the flight, and I am a night owl, so I was doing just fine. (Oh my goodness, Singapore Airlines is outstanding!)

This origami crane was on one of the seats in the airport. They don't bring luck, do they? We left it there, but wow we had amazing Disney luck!

On the Limousine Bus! (Which is just an airport shuttle bus..it reminded me a bit of WDW where you take a bus from the airport to get to your hotel.)

We had decided we would go to the Disney parks the next two days (Wednesday and Thursday) because we might be too jetlagged on our first full day in Japan. (I think I could've done the parks on Tuesday and Wednesday, though!) So we went to Ikspiari, which is basically Tokyo DisneySea's Downtown Disney, and bought advance tickets for Wednesday and Thursday.

Breakfast from the Newdays convenience store right by Maihama Station in Ikspiari. I know katakana somewhat, and that is the alphabet the Japanese often use to write Western words, such as words borrowed from English. So I could read チョコ (choco, for chocolate). That served me very well when selecting breakfast pastries!

We bought a Suica (refillable card that pays your train fare) and headed on a train car (which was more crowded than I expected)...we made it to the Imperial Gardens!

DuffyD had warned me that the sakura were almost gone, but we managed to see some! (This kimono was from Sanrio's Dress Me Hello Kitty line...someday I should make Shellie May a proper one, but it's so darned cute I haven't bothered. There's a Hello Kitty print on it, but it's subtle.)

(We even got to see some of the petals fall, just like an anime!)

Shellie May really wanted to play the rampaging monster over the tiny village inside the rest house, but alas, the plexiglass blocked her.

Shellie May briefly worried about being "something forgotten."

What a beautiful day!

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• Eeee-va, your Shellie May sure is having fun and yes, it is a beautiful day.

I posted more on Arkansas, but I always wait to see when they get approved/posted before I get out of sequence. For some reason I posted mine before yours and yet it never showed up. Stay tuned peeps....I'll post it again.

Meanwhile, my bears want to learn more about Japan through your Smiling Shellie.

Comment

• We happened upon Abbey Road in the town of Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.

"We don't live in a yellow submarine," sang Shellie May.

"We should go to Cavanaugh Park since we're so close," advised Shellie May.

​When we got to the park, Duffy jumped up to see the train.

Each of the outdoor signs had an audio feature that worked, even though this park is outside.

The park is on Rock 'n' Roll Highway 67.

I didn't know that Roy Orbison wore dark glasses due to poor eyesight. I thought he was actually BLIND.

JillT

Comment

• Next we went to Mammoth Spring State Park.

Gabriella is not scientifically minded so it took her awhile to comprehend this.

Shellie May just enjoyed the scenery.

Gabriella wanted her photo with the dogwoods.

She is definitely a flower child.

Duffy was excited to see another train.

Then he read about the caboose.

And he went inside.

Shellie May looked at the train song CDs.

She's learning to manage her money, though, because for $14.95 we decided to see if we could listen to them from the library first. The library didn't have anything similar, but Shellie May soon forgot all about it as she charged up her pawpod with her own favorites.

We visited the fish hatchery.

Shellie May got to see the springs up close.

Hillbilly Clyde got closer.

This is an interesting plant.

Gabriella wanted a picture with Shellie May.

We went to the Calico Rock Museum, which consisted of...

and the rest of the space was used as a gift shop. Good thing it was free AND right on the way to our next stop.

But before we left, Shellie May got cobbler and ice cream. $5.71 was a ripoff, especially since they served it with soft serve and not real ice cream, but seeing the smile on Shellie May's face made it somewhat worth it.

Da bears enjoyed the scenery on the country highway.

Our last sight for the day was Blanchard Springs Caverns.

"Nuh, UHH! NO way am I going in there," said Shellie May.

"You boys have fun. We'll just sit here and read our library books."

That was it for the first day.

Comment

• Thank you, JillT! I mostly saw the Disney parks but that is a part of Japan too! (That is so weird that your photos post weirdly on MiceChat...though this site does have issues, so maybe it makes sense :P)

Your photos are fun; I had no idea bout those displays in Walnut Ridge! The crosswalk silhouette photo is especially delightful. Nicely done!

After the Imperial Gardens we went to Tokyo Tower!

It was a very windy day so the top observation tower was closed. But I don't like heights so I was OK with it. (Also, it was cheaper to just go to the lower observation deck!)

They had a window or two on the floor if you wanted to look down!

When they were refurbishing the tower, they discovered this random baseball inside it. It was displayed in a fancy rotating case!

We stopped at the snack bar. My friend got soft-serve ice cream and I got Tokyo Tower dorayaki!

It is kind of like a Japanese version of a whoopie pie, and the filling is sweet red bean, which I like very much. I was pleased!

We did not visit Tokyo One Piece Tower, but there were a couple cute displays!

Comment

Gabriella is not scientifically minded so it took her awhile to comprehend this.

And he went inside.

She's learning to manage her money, though, because for $14.95 we decided to see if we could listen to them from the library first. The library didn't have anything similar, but Shellie May soon forgot all about it as she charged up her pawpod with her own favorites.

and the rest of the space was used as a gift shop. Good thing it was free AND right on the way to our next stop.

But before we left, Shellie May got cobbler and ice cream. $5.71 was a ripoff, especially since they served it with soft serve and not real ice cream, but seeing the smile on Shellie May's face made it somewhat worth it.

Then we actually saw the Blanchard spring.

I posted this last Friday, waited all weekend for it to be approved, but now at the end of Monday since it wasn't I'm going to post it again. I am confused what takes so long and why some others get posted before mine, but oh, well. It's still a free and fun site

Comment

• I have been using photobucket to upload pictures to this site for about 3 years out of the 3 1/2 I've been posting, but I am not a fan of this new procedure where every time I post with photos, I get an "unapproved" pop-up like someone has to read it first (okay, just in case someone posted something in appropriate I guess I understand), and then it goes into a black hole and may or may not ever show up (no error, no message to me why it didn't get approved, etc.). I tried posting something regarding da bears' Arkansas FIRST DAY on Friday, it never showed up, I posted again late Monday, now it's Wednesday and it still isn't on here. Da bears' saga is losing momentum and continuity, but I will try one more time tonight. If not, then three strikes and they're out and I'll just retire and start reading OTHERs' posts instead of adding my own. Hopefully da bears can showcase the other 8 days of their vacation but I'm beginning to have my doubts (waaah).

Comment

And he went inside.

Comment

And he went inside.

Comment

• I'm so sorry about the MiceChat troubles, JillT! It would be such a shame to miss your photos. Have you sent a message or posted at http://discuss.micechat.com/forum/th...ork/the-forums ? I doubt any response would be FAST, but I also doubt anyone in charge reads the Duffy boards at all to even know what problems people are having.

I've had no trouble with Picasa but that service is supposedly closed or closing to make everyone use Google+ or something else? I don't know.

Comment

• Hi, Eeee-va, thanks for the link. There are three pages of people saying they're having trouble posting, are being ignored about sending in tickets, and that they're giving up. There is one bit of advice so let me see if I can post a picture directly from my computer here...

Nope.

I was on Picasa for years and yes, you are right, even on my computer to edit photos and then send them to print, it stopped working.

Comment

• here

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\VALUED~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• nope, that didn't work. well, let's hope my post previously (well, three of them) didn't go into the Bermuda triangle again.

Comment

• geez, now text is getting the "unapproved" momentary pop-up. I sent a "contact us" message; we'll see if they answer.
                                          Last edited by JillT; 05-04-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X