No announcement yet.

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JillT and Eeee-va, I love reading about the Bears travels.

I have some photos saved and I'm afraid to try posting them again.

Comment

• Next we went to Mammoth Spring state park.

Gabriella isn’t scientifically minded so it took her awhile to comprehend the electrical component.

Shellie May enjoyed the scenery.

Gabriella and the dogwood tree.

She is definitely a flower child.

Duffy read about the Frisco caboose.

Of course, then he also wanted his picture in front of it.

"I will be careful," he said as he climbed aboard.

And he climbed some more once inside.

Shellie May was more interested in the CDs with railroad songs on them. When we got back home, we were disappointed to discover that the library does not carry any music by Wayne Erbsen, but not disappointed enough to pay the $14.95 price tag for music we didn’t even know if we would like.

Then a real train went by. Duffy was elated!

Hillbilly Clyde wanted to visit the fish hatchery, so we did.

Then he looked at the actual spring.

Gabriella found more unique fauna.

Shellie May enjoyed viewing the spring, too.

Gabriella invited Shellie May to sit with her in front of a flowering bush.

JillT

Comment

• Eeee-va how are you getting your photos and posts to show up?

Comment

• I just host my photos on Picasa or Google or whatever crazy thing Google is calling it now. Then I post them using the IMG brackets/tags. Basically, MiceChat supports at least some "BB Code," which is basically a simplified form of HTML (the stuff people used in the 90s/early 2000s to make all the webpages). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

So let's say the photo I want to use is at https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I...0/P1170405.JPG (because I love subways and my Shellie May loves everything I love...and pretty much everything else too!).

I right-click on the photo and "Copy Image Location." That gives me the link to the image. So I paste that into a reply box on MiceChat, then surround it by "IMG" brackets. Just like below, except replace the { with [ and } with ].

{img}https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IQuMHsv1fNA/VxmETpTP9XI/AAAAAAAAynI/54F8AlU5gHcpdMr7pLnlo4PxUPqECrd4ACCo/s640/P1170405.JPG{/img}

And that leads to:

Repeat for as many images as you have! It works OK for me because I work picture by picture. I can see where it could cause problems for photo stories, though.

I'm gonna test that method with one of your older photos in a new post, JillT, and see if it works at all. Maybe that might help someone figure out something.

(EDIT: As you can see (I think), it seems to have worked just fine over here...but it's possible that maybe the photos you have already posted have been "cleared", or if my account has different flags than yours. I wonder if part of the problem is that your photos seem to also be links; that might cause issues with MiceChat for some reason.)
          Last edited by Eeee-va; 05-05-2016, 10:00 PM.
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Trying to post JillT's photo as a test. (TRAINS!)

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• That's how I post them. I post them from Photobucket and copy the URL and it is in brackets, too. I have no idea what is going on. I'm not going to open another account and "host" pictures, whatever that means, but thanks for trying Eeee-va.

Comment

• It turns out I already have a google account, so let's see if Eeee-va's idea works after all
                Last edited by JillT; 05-06-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Next we went to Mammoth Springs State Park.

Gabriella isn’t scientifically minded so it took her awhile to comprehend the electrical component.

Shellie May observed the pretty scenery.

Gabriella and the dogwood tree.

She sure is a flower child.

Duffy read about the Frisco caboose.

Of course, he also wanted his picture in front of it.

"I will be careful," he said as he climbed aboard.

And did more climbing inside.

Shellie May was more interested in the CDs with railroad songs on them. When we got back home, we were disappointed to discover that the library does not carry any music by Wayne Erbsen, but not disappointed enough to pay the $14.95 price tag for music we didn’t even know if we would like.

Duffy was ELATED when a real train passed by.

Hillbilly Clyde wanted to visit the fish hatchery so we did.

Hillbilly Clyde then viewed the actual spring.

Gabriella found more interesting fauna.

Shellie May also enjoyed looking at the spring.

Gabriella then invited Shellie May to join her for a photo in front of this flowering bush.

Comment

• YAY, Eeee-va saves the day! Thank you!
                    Last edited by JillT; 05-06-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• OMG, it looks like I'm back in business, YAY! I guess the Bermuda Triangle/Black Hole decided not to hold my photos hostage forever. Happy Friday folks!

Comment

• We then stopped at the Calico Rock Museum in the town of the same name. It was basically one round table of rocks and arrowheads and the rest of the space was used as a gift shop. Duffy let out a snort.

As long as we were there, Shellie May got triple berry cobbler with ice cream, but at $5.71 and considering they used soft-serve ice cream, it was a bit of a ripoff. The smile on Shellie May’s face made it worthwhile, though.

Duffy and Shellie May got their picture taken at a scenic pullout.

Next, the moment Shellie May feared, a cave tour.

"Bats in the dark, nope, I'm not going in THERE," she said vehemently.

“You boys have fun. I’ll just sit here and read my library books,” she said. Gabriella kept her company.

Next we viewed the real spring.

"If this is what a vacation is like, I LIKE it!" said Gabriella.

End of day 1 of 9.

Comment

• The next day we went to Crater of Diamonds State Park. It is the only place in the western hemisphere that you can dig for your own diamonds and keep whatever gems you find! However, after looking through a box of dirt that the park handed me and said, "can you find the diamond," to which my answer after getting my hands dirty was, "no", at which point they showed me a little bitty spec, I declined getting dirty, as did the bears.

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend," said Gabriella. "I read that somewhere."

"NOOOOOO, DUFFY is my best friend!" said Shellie May, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Meanwhile, as I took a picture of da bears on a mining cart, Hillbilly Clyde was trying to reattach the sole of his boot, which was coming off due to the glue being dried out over the decades (he's about 20 years old!).

The visitor center was very informative. The reason this has not been commercially mined is because while surveys can tell the diamond field runs 7 miles deep, they keep getting conflicting data on how MANY diamonds there are or if it would be profitable, so they turned it into a state park where visitors can pay $5 to dig themselves. Otherwise, all Arkansas state parks (as was this one as long as you don't go digging around) are free.

"I like pink; we can just BUY a rock," said Shellie May.

Shellie May and Gabriella dug for CLEAN rocks in this bin,.

Once Shellie May found that all these rocks had been enhanced by man, but that the original rose quartz she was looking at paled by comparison, she declined getting a souvenir.

Then we went to Hope, Arkansas and saw where Bill Clinton was born. The house is now condemned. They have a giant mural for the town.

Da bears decided to theme name this trip "kickin' back in Arkansas".

Hillbilly Clyde is still struggling with the glue on his sole.

"Let's eat here," said Hillbilly Clyde, so I pulled off the expressway.

Alas, Hillbilly Clyde's sole lasted just until we walked into the hotel and then fell off.

"I'd lend you my boots but they won't fit," said Duffy.

I went to the front desk to get scissors to cut off his boots but all they had was a switchblade or a boxcutter.

"What type of uncivilized place IS this, not to have scissors," said Hillbilly Clyde worriedly.

I gently took care of it with Duffy patting Hillbilly Clyde on the shoulder reassuringly.

Now that Hillbilly Clyde is bearfoot, he was invited to sleep in a real bed for the first time in his life! Of course, Shellie May had to get the pillows positioned justtttt right.

Gabriella wanted a bedtime snack.

End of day 2.

Comment

• On Monday we spent the whole day in Little Rock.

Shellie May dressed up and got her purse for city shopping. "I have 3 Build-A-Bear certificates, one for Duffy, one for me, one for Gabriella, and um....."

"Don't worry; I'll just buy Hillbilly Clyde some extra snacks," I told her.

First we went to the Little Rock Zoo.

ALL da bears love to climb.

Here is a sun bear. It has a symbol on its chest but it was too lazy to perch up!

As long as the grizzly bear was behind glass, Duffy wasn't afraid.

Comment

• Next we went to Build-A-Bear.

Everyone but Shellie May found something they liked, but Hillbilly Clyde didn't think the boots would fit him.

"Do you have these one size larger in a wide width?" he asked. Unfortunately, the answer was "no".

Gabriella wanted a brand new dress that was all hers, not a hand-me-down. "I will share it with you but this is MINE, okay," she asked Shellie May.

"Sure, it's your money; buy what you want," Shellie May answered her.

Duffy found a shirt he liked.

Then Gabriella, who was the only Build-A-Bear of the bunch, got the pawsport stamped.

l

Comment

• Hmmm, that one photo didn't post and I even retried it. Well, at least so far this is working but I have to go to work now. Stay tuned to see da bears adventures in Hillary Rodham Clinton's children's library and Bill Clinton's Presidential Library.

Comment

• Out of the whole vacation, this was what Shellie May was looking forward to the most.

Shellie May, the other bears, and I like young adult novels. We got alot of ideas for stuff to put on reserve at our own library.

Then it was time to play.

"This must be Arkansas FUZZY math," said Hillbilly Clyde. "Reading 1,000 books before kindergarten would be the equivalent of reading 4 books a week from the time you are a newborn! It doesn't say your parents can read to you in the womb. You must read them yourself! Of course, since I have no intentions of EVER receiving formal education I could make this goal." He is not as dumb as he looks.

Hillbilly Clyde in front of a quilt.

Comment

• A lot of your photos are not showing JillT, but it could be my computer being difficult.
                                    Hillbilly Clyde looks like a Furskin plush from the 1980's. Is he?
                                    I wanted to get one when I was a kid but never did. I see them in thrift stores every now and then, but usually missing some or all of the clothes!

Comment

• It's not your computer, dazyhill. The pictures aren't showing up for me either.

Comment

• I don't know what Hillbilly Clyde is. He's from 1995 or 1996.
                                        I have no more ideas for my photos. I guess I give up. It's weird that some show up and some don't. I'm using google photos.
                                        Last edited by JillT; 05-07-2016, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Well, Eeee-va, can you see my pictures? It's weird that some of them show up for the others and not all of them, so that means it's not a totally incompatible format (like if the person didn't have a google account where NONE of them showed up). My sister and 2 friends can see them, so I guess I'll keep posting for now as it's an improvement over nothing and see where this goes.

Anyway, after the Hillary Rodham Clinton Children's Library, we went to the Old State House Museum. We spent the whole day in Little Rock and the city can easily be seen in one full day.

Next, we visited Little Rock's River District, including the HU Lee Korean gardens.

Shellie May read about the history.

"Peace Hippie would NOT like this place," said Shellie May.

Walking around Little Rock, Shellie May enjoyed the art.

JillT

Comment

Working...
                                          X