Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took Duffy, Shellie May, Jackson, and Hillbilly Clyde to Chicago to visit my sister and friends.

Hillbilly Clyde brought a card for my friend and he and Shellie May proudly made her a photo album of their Arkansas vacation. My friend is the one who gave me Hillbilly Clyde in the mid 1990s!

My sister got a regular sized Duffy and her first Shellie May in Disneyland Paris. Now Snuggly Duffy is a big brother and really proud of it.

Rockgirl has her own named outfit now.

"Wow, that's awesome, we thought only WE had named clothes," said Duffy and Shellie May.

Then it was time for Jackson to be reunited with Chi-town bear. "See, I TOLD you I'd come back and visit at a NON-WINTER time of year," he said.

Hugs around.

Me, my sister, and another friend went to Build-A-Bear on National Teddy Bear day. I adopted the 'lil grizzly cub and the lil' hazelnut cub, named Chester and Hazel respectively.

JillT

Comment

• I took Duffy, Shellie May, Jackson, and Hillbilly Clyde to Chicago to visit my sister and friends.

Hillbilly Clyde brought a card for my friend and he and Shellie May proudly made her a photo album of their Arkansas vacation. My friend is the one who gave me Hillbilly Clyde in the mid 1990s!

My sister got a regular sized Duffy and her first Shellie May in Disneyland Paris. Now Snuggly Duffy is a big brother and really proud of it.

Rockgirl has her own named outfit now.

"Wow, that's awesome, we thought only WE had named clothes," said Duffy and Shellie May.

Then it was time for Jackson to be reunited with Chi-town bear. "See, I TOLD you I'd come back and visit at a NON-WINTER time of year," he said.

Hugs around.

Me, my sister, and another friend went to Build-A-Bear on National Teddy Bear day. I adopted the 'lil grizzly cub and the lil' hazelnut cub, named Chester and Hazel respectively.

JillT

Comment

• Practicing inclusiveness here, Duffy told me to upload the picture of Bearami now that he has his own outfit. "Bearami was my first Build-A-Bear brother," Duffy reminded me, nudging Bearami into a pose for the camera.

JillT
        Last edited by JillT; 10-01-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• We went to the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival today. Da bears were dressed and had the schedule of performers readily available for me.

Duffy was surprised to see melted crayons in a log, which is what he called this...

"I'm glad I have REAL crayons to color with," he said.

"And gel pens, markers, and colored pencils, don't forget THOSE," Shellie May added.

We picked up some coloring pages at the France exhibit.

"I'll just take this," said Shellie May.

We just had a protein drink for breakfast so we were ready to eat upon arriving. This is a cupavci (coconut bite) and a caramel wafer from Serbia.

JillT

Comment

• Now we were ready for some entertainment. First we saw John Larson and John Albert, the Irish/Scottish duo.

Then Shellie May wanted to go into the gypsy wagon.

I don't know if it will show up but this Laotian woman's dress was iridescent. "Prettttty," said Shellie May in awe.

We got free cereal. "You can't beat free," said da bears, although we were happy it was just a little 1 oz. plastic cup so we didn't fill up on it..

JillT

Comment

• We really enjoyed the Colombian food last year so Duffy alerted me, "HEY", when we were passing by.

We got an empanada and a sweet potato fried item with no name posted.

"We didn't have Filipino yet," Duffy informed me. Duffy is ALWAYS in the mood to eat.

"Let's just get dessert," said Shellie May. The purple cookie tasted like soft shortbread and the other item was a lime square.

We ate Puerto Rican last year but that didn't stop us from having it again.

We got a rellenos de papa and an alcapurrias de yuca, as well as a flan de queso.

The flan de queso was like cheese curds stuck together with caramel sauce on it. "Yuck," we all said in unison.

JillT

Comment

• We really enjoyed the Colombian food last year so Duffy alerted me, "HEY", when we were passing by.

We got an empanada and a sweet potato fried item with no name posted.

"We didn't have Filipino yet," Duffy informed me. Duffy is ALWAYS in the mood to eat.

"Let's just get dessert," said Shellie May. The purple cookie tasted like soft shortbread and the other item was a lime square.

We ate Puerto Rican last year but that didn't stop us from having it again.

We got a rellenos de papa and an alcapurrias de yuca, as well as a flan de queso.

The flan de queso was like cheese curds stuck together with caramel sauce on it. "Yuck," we all said in unison.

JillT

Comment

• India, China, Japan, and Mexico are highly represented at this festival.

"Oool, this book looks interesting," said Shellie May of the African folk tale book.

"Look, it's only $2.00," she said. Of course, I purchased it as I thought it sounded interesting, and Duffy agreed that it is short enough that even he will read it and it will hold his attention. "Bedtime stories," they both said as they held it out to me to put in my backpack for later.

This year they conned me into getting a big box of alfajores, the yummy shortbread with caramel cookies from Peru that we enjoyed last year.

This woman is from Iran and has been living here 22 years.

The French Guinea fusion band was our favorite of the day. The man playing the xylophone connected to the wooden gourds was really danceable, and the congo drums, and saxophones (and occasional flute) were just SOOOO fun.

Shellie May wants me to see if they have a CD...they're called Wali Sory. We're also looking up Wu Fei, a woman who composes on a Chinese zither. Summer Palace was our favorite song of hers.

Okay, so I guess I better look up that music.

JillT

Comment

• India, China, Japan, and Mexico are highly represented at this festival.

"Oool, this book looks interesting," said Shellie May of the African folk tale book.

"Look, it's only $2.00," she said. Of course, I purchased it as I thought it sounded interesting, and Duffy agreed that it is short enough that even he will read it and it will hold his attention. "Bedtime stories," they both said as they held it out to me to put in my backpack for later.

This year they conned me into getting a big box of alfajores, the yummy shortbread with caramel cookies from Peru that we enjoyed last year.

This woman is from Iran and has been living here 22 years.

The French Guinea fusion band was our favorite of the day. The man playing the xylophone connected to the wooden gourds was really danceable, and the congo drums, and saxophones (and occasional flute) were just SOOOO fun.

Shellie May wants me to see if they have a CD...they're called Wali Sory. We're also looking up Wu Fei, a woman who composes on a Chinese zither. "Summer Palace" was our favorite song of hers.

Okay, so I guess I better look up that music.

JillT
                    Last edited by JillT; 10-01-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Just some Duffy photos I would like to share:

Celebrated my birthday by heading to Downtown Disney, and finally got my very own Duffy Tsum Tsum.

Last edited by MikkiMausu99; 10-07-2016, 10:27 PM. Reason: Re-uploading the image.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Even though the sun was out with no clouds and the high was 73F today, the morning started out chilly, so being the weather wimps we all are, Duffy and Shellie May bundled up. It's the first sign that summer is over in Tennessee.

We went to the Fontanel Mansion, which was Barbara Mandrell's house. You can't see her house unless you pay $24 to tour it; the road leading up to it is blocked otherwise. Well, since I can BARELY even picture who she is, and have no idea what songs she sings, I declined, and Duffy and Shellie May didn't really care either. However, we did walk the greenway on the grounds.

Then we went to Shelby Park, also in Nashville.

Lastly, we walked part of the 8 mile greenway trail at Shelby Bottoms Park, next to Shelby Park in Nashville. This is the hidden pond.

We stopped for some comfort food on the way home. Duffy got a grilled cheese sandwich, and Shellie May got peach cobbler.

JillT

Comment

• Even though the sun was out with no clouds and the high was 73F today, the morning started out chilly, so being the weather wimps we all are, Duffy and Shellie May bundled up. It's the first sign that summer is over in Tennessee.

We went to the Fontanel Mansion, which was Barbara Mandrell's house. You can't see her house unless you pay $24 to tour it; the road leading up to it is blocked otherwise. Well, since I can BARELY even picture who she is, and have no idea what songs she sings, I declined, and Duffy and Shellie May didn't really care either. However, we did walk the greenway on the grounds.

Then we went to Shelby Park, also in Nashville.

Lastly, we walked part of the 8 mile greenway trail at Shelby Bottoms Park, next to Shelby Park in Nashville. This is the hidden pond.

We stopped for some comfort food on the way home. Duffy got a grilled cheese sandwich, and Shellie May got peach cobbler.

JillT

Comment

• Since the day was still young, Duffy decided to start on the 50 states coloring book he got.

"I was 'born' in Florida, but I immediately went to live in Tennessee, so I'll start with that page first," said Duffy.

Meanwhile, I told Shellie May of a new feature at the Nashville library.

We can listen to Nashville musicians and download their music.

"Diarrhea planet!" exclaimed Shellie May. "Let's not waste our downloads or streaming on THAT," she said.

JillT

Comment

• Since the day was still young, Duffy decided to start on the 50 states coloring book he got.

"I was 'born' in Florida, but I immediately went to live in Tennessee, so I'll start with that page first," said Duffy.

Meanwhile, I told Shellie May of a new feature at the Nashville library.

We can listen to Nashville musicians and download their music.

"Diarrhea planet!" exclaimed Shellie May. "Let's not waste our downloads or streaming on THAT," she said.

JillT

Comment

• I took da bears to Cloudland Canyon State Park in Rising Fawn, GA today. Georgia is a new state for them. We passed through on the way to and from Florida, but since it was night on the way and they slept through it, and then they only saw it out the window on the way back it didn't count.

We got there before sunrise and they were ready to view the fall foliage.

I have binoculars but Duffy gets a thrill out of the machine.

Now the sun is up but things are still in shadow.

It was 73F with not a cloud in the sky.

True to his bear nature, Duffy climbed up for a better look.

Duffy and Shellie May will always be best friends.

Walking the overlook trail back...

"We're so glad you carry us and just set us down when there is something to see," said Duffy and Shellie May, who at 17" tall with short legs, can't take human trails on their own.

JillT

Comment

• I took da bears to Cloudland Canyon State Park in Rising Fawn, GA today. Georgia is a new state for them. We passed through on the way to and from Florida, but since it was night on the way and they slept through it, and then they only saw it out the window on the way back it didn't count.

We got there before sunrise and they were ready to view the fall foliage.

I have binoculars but Duffy gets a thrill out of the machine.

Now the sun is up but things are still in shadow.

It was 73F with not a cloud in the sky.

True to his bear nature, Duffy climbed up for a better look.

Duffy and Shellie May will always be best friends.

Walking the overlook trail back...

"We're so glad you carry us and just set us down when there is something to see," said Duffy and Shellie May, who at 17" tall with short legs, can't take human trails on their own.

JillT

Comment

• Happy belated birthday, MikkiMausu!

And great adventures, JillT! I should take my bears to some sort of festival...yours reminds me a lot of Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, only more "real." And I love the sweater/skirt ensemble for ShellieMay, but your bears are always nicely dressed!
                                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Eeee-va, Shellie May's cream and red/black sweater ensemble is something I got years ago from Japan. The food and wine festival is on my bucket list.

Comment

• Where is everybody? I noticed a huge drop in postings last year and this year is even MORE sparse!

I hope everyone who is still around had a nice Thanksgiving. I went to suburban Chicago.

Family reunion.

Last year Jackson froze his butt off in the snow playing bear naked on November 21. He was not going to visit but since he looked on the forecast and there was no snow forecast this year, he bundled up and went to see Chi-town bear.

Duffy is wearing a new shirt, and borrowed Shellie May's boots. "They're non-gender specific," he informed everyone.

"That's fine; they match great and I'm not using those boots today, go ahead, Duffy," Shellie May responded. Shellie May also has a new top and skirt. Rockgirl, being the hearty bear who has lived in Chicago her whole life, is still in her sleeveless Halloween costume.

Jackson needed some hot chocolate.

My sister named her Build-a-Bear on tour Roaming Roger.

Duffy and Shellie May wanted to see what was in his backpack.

Roaming Roger has been to so many places he has TWO pawsports.

Roaming Roger looked at Duffy and Shellie May's pawsport and Duffy and Shellie May each took on of his.

Roaming Roger also collects clothes of where he's visited. "The Las Vegas shirt is girlie but all the good stuff was gone," he told them.

JillT

Comment

• Where is everybody? I noticed a huge drop in postings last year and this year is even MORE sparse!

I hope everyone who is still around had a nice Thanksgiving. I went to suburban Chicago.

Family reunion.

Last year Jackson froze his butt off in the snow playing bear naked on November 21. He was not going to visit but since he looked on the weather and there was no snow forecast this year, he bundled up and went to see Chi-town bear.

Duffy is wearing a new shirt, and borrowed Shellie May's boots. "They're non-gender specific," he informed everyone.

"That's fine; they match great and I'm not using those boots today, go ahead, Duffy," Shellie May responded. Shellie May also has a new top and skirt. Rockgirl, being the hearty bear who has lived in Chicago her whole life, is still in her sleeveless Halloween costume.

Jackson needed some hot chocolate.

My sister named her Build-a-Bear on tour Roaming Roger.

Duffy and Shellie May wanted to see what was in his backpack.

Roaming Roger has been to so many places he has TWO pawsports.

Roaming Roger looked at Duffy and Shellie May's pawsport and Duffy and Shellie May each took one of his. I tape extra pages into Duffy and Shellie May's pawsport so technically they would have two, also, if I didn't do that.

Roaming Roger also collects clothes of where he's visited. "The Las Vegas shirt is girlie but all the good stuff was gone," he told them.

JillT
                                          Last edited by JillT; 11-29-2016, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X