Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today we went on our first day trip of the year. Da bears are each wearing a new top.

We went first to Dismals Canyon in Phil Campbell, Alabama.

Duffy's shoes didn't come with laces but he likes them anyway. Shellie May was prepared for hiking into the canyon by wearing her Skechers.

Duffy got a look at Rainbow Falls.

We hiked down some more and Shellie May looked at it also.

"How bizarre, how bizarre," quoted Duffy from the OMC song of this tree.

"Ditto," said Shellie May.

Even though I carried them da bears still wanted to lounge around.

Next we went to tour the Rosenbaum House built by Frank Lloyd Wright in Florence, AL.

No pictures were allowed inside.

Comment

• Today we went on our first day trip of the year. Da bears are each wearing a new top.

We went first to Dismals Canyon in Phil Campbell, Alabama.

Duffy's shoes didn't come with laces but he likes them anyway. Shellie May was prepared for hiking into the canyon by wearing her Skechers.

Duffy got a look at Rainbow Falls.

We hiked down some more and Shellie May looked at it also.

"How bizarre, how bizarre," quoted Duffy from the OMC song of this tree.

"Ditto," said Shellie May.

Even though I carried them da bears still wanted to lounge around.

Next we went to tour the Rosenbaum House built by Frank Lloyd Wright in Florence, AL.

No pictures were allowed inside.

Comment

• Awesome!! And Duffy's shoes look very cute even without laces

Comment

• Lovely adventure, JillT! I need to post photos too (Shellie May and I went on vacation!)...but can't do it from my phone!
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Shellie May = Duffy says, "thanks for the compliment, hey, at least I put shoes ON and didn't leave the house in slippers".

Also, did you all know that there is a new friend for Duffy? Stella Lou or something like that, a bunny. I'm not going to get it but I know some of you have Gelatoni and Tippy Blue so I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know...

Eeee-va, can't wait to see where you took Shellie May. Don't you have a Duffy anymore? I know you said Shellie May is your favorite travelling companion but I wondered...

Comment

• Yes, there's a thread here for StellaLou! I think she's cute and I like her story (but I LOVE American Waterfront!)...but I really prefer the SS-sized plush, so I'm not planning to get her unless/until they make one for her. The very earliest I could hope for such a plush would be spring 2018, since they came out for 3 Spring Voyages and then the Year of Wishes starting in April 2016....

And yes, Duffy is still with me and he is well. (I actually have a 12" one and a 17" one, though the 17" one is so big he never gets to go anywhere.) My Shellie May is my favorite, though, so she does get to go with me most places. I need to take Duffy out with her sometime, but if I'm actually with another human on a trip, two bears can get a bit awkward. Maybe I need to go on an alone trip sometime but but but money!

(I am lucky that my Duffy is a patient bear and not jealous at all. )

Let's see if these images work!

My best friend came out to visit and she loves butterflies. We were able to get a FREE pass to the Desert Botanical Garden through the library, and they'd just opened their seasonal butterfly exhibit!

"Free nature!"

Such a clear day! And very warm.

Inside the butterfly tent!

We both thought this caterpillar was so cute. What does it turn into?

WOW! From polka dots to stripes!

"Maybe if I sit very quietly, a butterfly will come land on me..."

"No? Well, okay. I'll go look at them instead!"

"She matches my eyes!"

I think this is a teddy bear cholla. Please do not hug it.

Did you know Arizona is the hummingbird capital of the United States? I did not.

Creosote bush!

"Wow! That is big."

"NATURE!"

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• Eeee-va...your SS ShellieMay is always so cute!!! I love the butterfly adventure!! I didn't know that about the hummingbirds! I find the Disney Parks 9" Duffy and Shellie are a great travel size (but not as beautifully constructed or as poseable as the TDS SS for sure...the NYC pre Duffy Bears are, tho, and they are a nice floppy posable portable 12" size)!! Oh JillT I got so overexcited about the StellaLou bunny and posted about a million boring words in another thread but I will always like the bears best of all...esp Duffy...and thats why my neice decided I should use the screen name Shellie May...because I LOVE DUFFY <3 !

Comment

• Eeee-va, my friends live in Avondale and love hummingbirds; they told me Arizona is the hummingbird capital.

That thing that Shellie May says is so big is a century plant because it blooms approximately once in a hundred years. They have those in Marin County also.

Other than the rare occasion like when I went to the Indy 500 museum and Shellie May decided to stay home and get her beauty sleep, my Duffy and Shellie May are pretty much glued to each other's hip and travel together. I use one of the giant Disney plastic bags and their little bench, two little clear plastic containers, and their little suitcases with the pawsport and some clips in them to hike all over the place LOL! Da bears insist that I carry them and then they'll just tell me when they want to see something closer and I put them down.

Your Shellie May is wearing an outfit you designed for her, correct? She sort of looks like a model in the first picture, and then a swashbuckling gypsy (instead of a swashbuckling pirate) in the others. My Duffy says, "way cool" and is waving at her.

JillT

Comment

• Thanks, both of you!

shellie may, the 9" Duffy is very well-constructed and cute proportions similar to the SS-sized plush. But yes, the craftsmanship of the TDS ones are definitely better. I'm not familiar with the 12" pre-Duffy Disney Bears, though. (I've always wanted a Disney Bear that was all gray or all black, though.)

JillT, you sure do some great adventures with your bears! I took my 17" Duffy to Disneyland for one day and he was SO HEAVY with his Build a Bear shoes! I'm glad I did it, but I don't see myself doing it again.

I'd always heard that about the century plants too, but I've seen them blooming so often out here, it doesn't seem to me like it could be possible that they only bloom once every 100 years. Wikipedia says that they actually bloom only once, at the end of their life, which is 10-30 years. It also says that after they die, shoots come out at the base and continue growing. So that explains why I've seen so many bloom, and why the plants I've observed, anyway, don't appear to die after.

And yes, I made almost everything my Shellie May wears regularly anymore, except her kimono.

"Oh oh oh! Hi, JillT! This is Shellie May. You are very sweet! ::waves to Duffy:: Hi Duffy!!!!!!"

We went on a little hike at Papago Park, which is free to visit. Free is right up my alley now.

Steeper than I am used to walking! Good thing Shellie May was wearing shoes (and being carried in my giant purse).

Nice place to rest.

"But what are we climbing toward...?"

"OH!"

And yes, Arizona's first governor, George W. P. Hunt, was entombed in this pyramid, along with several members of his family. That's not creepy at all. Nice view, though.

Last edited by Eeee-va; 03-26-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Da bears are dressed and eagerly anticipating my sister and ROCKGIRL’S arrival. They’re visiting for ten days.

Yes, Rockgirl, who has been living in my sister’s house since 2010 when she was born, is actually venturing out of the four walls. Some of my bears have met her either when I visited with them or when they were living at my sister’s before moving to Tennessee, but for many of them, they have only heard about their cousin.

“Wow, Rockgirl is getting on a plane? She must REALLY want to come here,” said Tillie, who remembers her ordeal coming over from England.

“Oh, I can’t wait to meet her and to give her a Swiss kiss,” said Lo♥ey.

Shellie May is wearing Nashville music attire and her Nashville country boots, in pink of course, and with a silver guitar on the sides.

P.S. – My sister’s Roaming Roger has acquired a Champaign/Urbana (Illinois) University t-shirt to add to his travelling attire.

JillT

Comment

• Duffy is wearing his baggy gangsta wannabe jeans but my sister had the eyes popping open emoticon and said, "Duffy looks like he's wearing a denim skirt!" Duffy snorted and said, "I'll lend her my glasses when she gets here" (my sister does not wear corrective lenses at all).
                        Last edited by JillT; 03-30-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Haaaaa!! Well i for one like da bears' fashion choices

Comment

• Oh, Duffy! LOL. We thought he looked fine. And I love Tillie's outfit!

Then Dusty and I went to the Ostrich Festival (!). I'd never been.The historic McCroskey House was open (it's only open for special occasions). Goodness it was hot, and it was only March!

I was very excited because we made it just in time!

Old-timey kitchen.

They had 2 or 3 tiny bedrooms for a whole large family. I couldn't imagine!

There were also a lot of rides at the Ostrich Festival, but we only rode the Matterhorn. It was nothing like Disneyland's...it was almost identical to the one at Cedar Point, but it was more rickety and also goes forwards and then backwards. It was a lot of fun!

I am afraid of heights so we did not ride this thing.

We also saw the ostrich races! The ostriches were really funny.

Nighttime! Arrrr pirates!

We got some delicious and reasonably priced cookies. Mmmmm cookies.

Comment

• I've never heard of that festival. I think ostrich's can be really aggressive; I've had them come pecking in my window in drive through animal parks. I think the races look fun, though, AND funneeeee.

Comment

• Thank you, JillT! There's an ostrich ranch between Phoenix and Tucson; I should probably visit it someday. (I've heard they can be vicious too. These didn't seem mean at all, but they did seem strong!)

The next day we went to Butterfly Wonderland!

So many chrysalises!

"Hello, tiny friend!"

"And you! How pretty!"

"What a lovely place!"

"Are you resting? Me too!"

No butterflies landed on Shellie May, but they liked me OK!

"Wait. Did I see you before?"

"You are all so beautiful! I think I like the blue ones best, though."

THIS MOTH though?! Shellie May is a bit smaller than a 12" Duffy...but not by that much. :o

"It is so big!"

They had a little coloring station outside.

And these fish. That face...!

Then we made a quick trip to El Pollo Loco to use my coupons....mmmm El Pollo Loco...

And then to the mall, officially because my friend wanted Dippin' Dots, though we also found a dress she wanted. I got Bubble Gum because part of me is a 5-year-old. The colors remind me of memory globes from Inside Out!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X