Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeee-va, the eclipse was interesting, but I've heard the difference between seeing even a 99% eclipse and a 100% eclipse is:

"meh, that was interesting, I guess," and "WOW, mindblowing!"

Oh, well.

I would not travel far to see it. Funny story is that Nashville charges $400 a night for hotels anytime someone BREATHES. So some wack farmer was charging $1,000 yes, that is one thousand dollars a night for people to park in his meadow with no electricity or running water.

Well, there's a sucker born every day ha ha.

But to walk half a block on my lunch hour? Can't get much more convenient than that so it's worth a try.

Comment

• Duffy, Shellie May, and I went to the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival. It's my 9th time and da bears' 5th time.

This year they dressed Irish.

Duffy wanted an old-fashioned soda, and Shellie May started off with three milk cake. Nothing like getting a sugar high going first thing!

Shellie May started the day with three milk cake and shared with Duffy. It got a little smeared from my backpack carrying it until we found a place to sit.

Da bears posed in the Serbian display with a man from Serbia.

Shellie May was hungry today.

Da bears with some art.

The first musician we saw was a man from Ecuador who played various flutes. His name was Wakay Cucuango.

Then we watched some musicians representing Bulgaria. The music had really fast but weird syncopations. "Can't dance to this," commented Shellie May, as she was spastically getting tangled up in her limbs.

They were handing out samples of kofta, which is a Greek meatball. We didn't care for the seasonings.

Shellie May made a beeline to the desserts.

Duffy chose something more hearty. This is a fried plaintain with chicken, cheese, lettuce, and two different types of sauce. It was REALLY good. This booth was representing Venezuelan food.

JillT

Comment

• This ensemble represented Mali.

The Wisdom Indian dancers were from Oklahoma.

JillT

Comment

• Nyama represented Guinea.

The ensemble representing Mali and this group used alot of drums.

Da bears in front of a mural.

It was in the low 80s today and Shellie May wanted something cold. She got a mango pina colada smoothie.

JillT

Comment

• Lastly we watched the Beyond Wings Aerial Act.

At one time the lady did have all four hula hoops going but I didn't get any pictures of it.

Even though the festival is from 10-6, we left at 2;30 this year because we've gone so many times we were sort of done by then.
            Last edited by JillT; 10-21-2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X