Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

    My new little friends, who just arrived from Japan a few days ago got to go to Club 33 at Disneyland yesterday & collected a few souvenirs to bring home with them

    Comment


    • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

      Cute!!

      Comment


      • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

        This is my Duffy at Wizarding World of Harry Potter last month, getting ready to taste Butterbeer for the first time



        And here's what happened after he downed that mug of Butterbeer

        Comment


        • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

          I love how you and Duffy match, Bookobsessor! Sue, your tiny Duffies (are they the cell phone strap ones?) are so cute! Mine are still sitting here naked except for their bow and hat…bad Tiny Duffies… :shy: I think I'll give them their clothes back, now that the tiny bears are back from Disneyland....

          LOL at the butterbeer!
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

          Daily updates on Facebook!

          Comment


          • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

            LOL! The "after" Butterbeer photo is hilarious! That's what happened to my St Patty's Duffy when we took him to a Half Way to St Patty's Day party this fall.

            Comment


            • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

              Sue, where did you get the Gryffindor costume for Duffy? Did you make it? I love the scarf. That's the one thing I wish Build-a-Bear would do official versions of. I want an authentic Hogwarts costume for Duffy!!
              Meow

              Comment


              • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                Sue, where did you get the Gryffindor costume for Duffy? Did you make it? I love the scarf. That's the one thing I wish Build-a-Bear would do official versions of. I want an authentic Hogwarts costume for Duffy!!
                My Duffy's shirt and pants are from Build A Bear so he didn't have the proper tie (which has since been remedied as I bought a Gryffindor tie at WWOHP and cut it up to make it Duffy-sized). The robe, hat, & scarf, I made. I didn't have a pattern, I just made my own patterns. For the Hogwarts emblem on the robe and the Gryffindor emblem on the scarf, I snagged the artwork online, re-sized & reversed it (so it'd print correctly) in Photoshop & printed it on TAP Transfer Artist Paper (which is expensive but is absolutely the best transfer paper) and transferred it to 100% wool felt (they look like real emblems that way) and then stitched the emblems onto the scarf and robe.

                If you know how to knit, it's not much trouble to knit the scarf. If you don't knit, it'd be a good beginner project because the scarf is very simple, you can finish it in an evening.

                Comment


                • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                  Thanks for the details! I could try to knit a scarf. I do know how to do basic crochet, so maybe...

                  I remember buying a Gryffindor patch on ebay for a friend who is making a set of human-sized dress robes. The patch was small enough, and I could probably get another one and put it on a Duffy-sized robe.
                  Meow

                  Comment


                  • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                    Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                    Thanks for the details! I could try to knit a scarf. I do know how to do basic crochet, so maybe...

                    I remember buying a Gryffindor patch on ebay for a friend who is making a set of human-sized dress robes. The patch was small enough, and I could probably get another one and put it on a Duffy-sized robe.

                    Give me a few days (super busy right now) and I'll write up the instructions for knitting the scarf & post them. I can crochet too and can probably come up with instructions for a crocheted scarf.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                      Sue, I don't know my Harry Potter OR my bear clothes well enough to have noticed....you did an amazing job on that outfit! The scarf is just adorable too!

                      And DuffyDaisuki, after being manhandled by a less-than-cautious GIANT Santa Duffy (can you believe he DROPPED them???), my Tiny Duffies have changed their ways and returned the Strap Duffies' clothes.


                      Safe and sound!

                      (unlessthetinyDuffiesdecidetheywanttowearsweatersa gain)

                      However, Shellie May asks if I would PLEASE make her that Christmas cape I started before our trip. Should I?

                      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

                      Daily updates on Facebook!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                        Eeee-va, I have to say, that when I see the Santa suit you made for tiny Duffy, it makes me think he's a little "Grinch-y", LOL! The white trim looks like he borrowed it from a certain Who-ville meanie.
                        Meow

                        Comment


                        • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                          Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                          Sue, I don't know my Harry Potter OR my bear clothes well enough to have noticed....you did an amazing job on that outfit! The scarf is just adorable too!
                          Thank you Eeee-va!

                          Comment


                          • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                            Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                            Eeee-va, I have to say, that when I see the Santa suit you made for tiny Duffy, it makes me think he's a little "Grinch-y", LOL! The white trim looks like he borrowed it from a certain Who-ville meanie.
                            LOL....well, he tends to act a little Grinch-y in it too (or at least, that's what he was wearing when he stole the sweater in the first place and started this fiasco). So I suppose that's fair.

                            It was meant to look like his Christmas outfit in the US parks, but I made it longer (on the tiny bears...and heck, probably on the big ones...I think something that falls below the waist is cuter) and the fur was, as you noticed, furrier. I took some medium-pile white fur and cut it down some, because I rather didn't want to spend the time or money to find stuff that was more accurate. :shy:

                            I still like it though.
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

                            Daily updates on Facebook!

                            Comment


                            • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                              I took Duffy & Shellie May up to WDW to check out the Christmas decorations at some of the hotels. I'm on my mom's laptop right now (stopped in Lakeland on the way home to get my sunglasses I left in their car the other weekend). I'll upload pics tomorrow and post them, so watch this space!

                              Also, I stopped at the Premium Outlets on Vineland after WDW tonight for dinner and popped in the Disney Character Warehouse outlet and... they had the 28" Duffy! They've been discontinued in the US, so they were all sent to the outlets. They originally retailed for $75 and they're now marked down to $34.99! Yeah... I got one. They also had a bunch of naked 12" Duffys for $9.99. I looked at the tags and they were actually 2011 Graduation Duffys. They took off the graduation outfit and are selling them naked. Weird.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                I went to the Disney Store at Oak Park Mall here in Missouri, and asked one of the workers if they had any Duffy stuff, and thelady looked at me like I was crazy, I was carrying Duffy (as I always do), and showed her, her reply was "well, he's cute, but I don;t think that's a disney thing." I started to argue with her, but she said she didn't agree and showed me the Toy Story section for some weird reason. Craziness!

                                Comment


                                • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                  Noooooo, Aimster! I'm trying to SAVE money! :P Now I'm so tempted to check our Disney outlet. Though I already have a $15 12-inch Duffy waiting for me as soon as I can pick him up, so I guess that's almost as good as the naked ones.

                                  Bookobsessor...wow. How weird! A lot of workers at Disneyland didn't recognize my Tiny Duffy, but he is tiny so I like to think that's why...he doesn't look quite the same as the big ones...
                                  Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

                                  Daily updates on Facebook!

                                  Comment


                                  • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                    Bookobsessor, they don't sell Duffy stuff at Disney Stores at the mall. He's a parks exclusive item. You can only get him at the parks or online (in the theme park merchandise section of disneystore.com). So that employee really had NO IDEA what you were talking about. But I would have shown them the tags and the Mickeys on his butt and feet as proof he IS from Disney.

                                    ---------- Post added 12-07-2011 at 12:16 AM ----------

                                    Oh no! I just pulled my big Duffy out of the bag and noticed they didn't take the security tag off his ear! Its one of those ones filled with ink, so I can't pry it off myself or it could ruin the bear! I don't have the time to drive nearly 100 miles back to Orlando tomorrow to have them take it off. I'll just go to the mall tomorrow and see if a store there can do it for me (you know there's at least one store there that uses these kinds of tags on their merchandise). I'll bring the receipt to prove he was definitely paid for. Crap.

                                    Comment


                                    • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                      Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                      Sue, I don't know my Harry Potter OR my bear clothes well enough to have noticed....you did an amazing job on that outfit! The scarf is just adorable too!

                                      And DuffyDaisuki, after being manhandled by a less-than-cautious GIANT Santa Duffy (can you believe he DROPPED them???), my Tiny Duffies have changed their ways and returned the Strap Duffies' clothes.


                                      Safe and sound!

                                      (unlessthetinyDuffiesdecidetheywanttowearsweatersa gain)

                                      However, Shellie May asks if I would PLEASE make her that Christmas cape I started before our trip. Should I?
                                      Yes Eeee-va, there is a Duffy Claus! Shellie Mae is too unbearably cute to resist any request that she makes....especially a beautiful and warm Christmas cape! Your Santa Duffy clothing is absolutely adorable. Wonder if he will tell us if Mickey has been good or bad this year? Don't spill any eggnog on him!

                                      Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                      I took Duffy & Shellie May up to WDW to check out the Christmas decorations at some of the hotels. I'm on my mom's laptop right now (stopped in Lakeland on the way home to get my sunglasses I left in their car the other weekend). I'll upload pics tomorrow and post them, so watch this space!

                                      Also, I stopped at the Premium Outlets on Vineland after WDW tonight for dinner and popped in the Disney Character Warehouse outlet and... they had the 28" Duffy! They've been discontinued in the US, so they were all sent to the outlets. They originally retailed for $75 and they're now marked down to $34.99! Yeah... I got one. They also had a bunch of naked 12" Duffys for $9.99. I looked at the tags and they were actually 2011 Graduation Duffys. They took off the graduation outfit and are selling them naked. Weird.
                                      Good shopping aimster. You certainly found some bargain prices for som grrrrrreat bears! Looks like the little ones have earned there diplomas. This is good because Disney is in dire need of better managers that have done their homework.
                                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                        Most retail stores use the same hard tags and removers, so you should be fine! Let's just hope they don't give you flak!
                                        Poor unfortunate Souls.

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: Share your Duffy Photos

                                          Yeah I figure there's at least a few stores at the mall here that uses those ink tags. I think Macy's or Dillard's does. I'll try them first and hope they can help. I'll bring the receipt to prove he was paid for. I just can't drive 100 miles back to Orlando. Big Duffy is so CUTE too! I'm going to have to get a kid's size shirt for him to wear once we get that pesky tag off. Just need to figure out what size he'd wear!

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X