Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

We don't go very often, and when we do we usually don't stay long But you took some adorable shots at all the park hotels! If we have some extra time during our next trip, I might have to do that too!

Speaking of the next trip...I am contemplating on whether or not to bring both ShellieMay and Duffy, or just one or the other....Maybe just Shellie and keychain Duffy and ShellieMay?? If anyone has taken both, are they a big hastle to keep up with? Sorry for all the annoying questions but I'm trying to plan ahead...

Comment

I take both Duffy and Shellie May with me on adventures. We've done several visits to Busch Gardens and a couple trips to WDW this year (the 2nd one a couple weeks ago was just to visit the hotels to see the holiday decorations... no parks). Just get a tote bag big enough both can fit in to carry around with you and it's not bad at all. That's what I do. My boyfriend got me a nice totebag for that very purpose for my birthday. I've gotten to be kind of a pro at taking both bears along.

Comment

Taking the small bears out with you is ridiculously easy. One for each hand! I haven't counted how many Disneyland pictures I got in about 4 days in the parks (a bit less) but it has to have been over 300 different shots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice that.

A few years ago, I twice took one American Girl doll to the parks and that was OK, though I was always nervous of something happening, and I didn't carry them all day. Since the bears are soft and squishy, I don't think it would be terribly hard to carry 2 bears...probably about as hard as taking one doll.

If you have room to pack both bears, you might take both of them with you and then decide when you get to the parks what to do from there. Or you could do a trial run at a local location with both of them and see how it goes!
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Comment

ADORABLE, Sue! I especially like Duffy's hat and of course your tiny bears. <3

Ho ho ho! Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May spotted something in the yard...

They didn't dare get close enough to the hawk...that's probably a good thing. My mom got some better pictures but they're kind of gross. :shy:

Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Well, I'm going up to my grandparents with my family for my Grandpa's birthday after New Years, in a rented plane that my sis (who just got her instrument rating) is flying. I'll be sure to take Duffy (and Shellie if I got her for Christmas) up with us. Just have to keep them out of the jaws of three dogs who love plushes. I'll post some iPhone pics when we stop on our way there and back. Well, MERRY CHRISTMAS (and Hannaka, Kwanza, Yom Kippur, and every other winter holiday)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Wow, Sue, that's a beautiful setup! I LOVE Shellie May's hat and outfit. Where did you get it? So elegant.

Eeee-Va, it sure is good that Duffy and Shellie were inside, otherwise that hawk might have carried them off!
                Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  Wow, Sue, that's a beautiful setup! I LOVE Shellie May's hat and outfit. Where did you get it? So elegant.

Eeee-Va, it sure is good that Duffy and Shellie were inside, otherwise that hawk might have carried them off!

Shellie May's clothes are from Build A Bear - her hat is vintage, handmade c.1940. I was an antique dealer for 20years - it's part of my stash, bought it from another dealer who got it at an estate sale of a milliner.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    I take both Duffy and Shellie May with me on adventures. We've done several visits to Busch Gardens and a couple trips to WDW this year (the 2nd one a couple weeks ago was just to visit the hotels to see the holiday decorations... no parks). Just get a tote bag big enough both can fit in to carry around with you and it's not bad at all. That's what I do. My boyfriend got me a nice totebag for that very purpose for my birthday. I've gotten to be kind of a pro at taking both bears along.
                    Good to know! I hope I'll be able to take them both with me! It will be during my Duffy's Birthday and ShellieMay hasn't seen Disney World! I can't imagine not having them both there! Thanks for all your help!

---------- Post added 12-24-2011 at 12:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                    Taking the small bears out with you is ridiculously easy. One for each hand! I haven't counted how many Disneyland pictures I got in about 4 days in the parks (a bit less) but it has to have been over 300 different shots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice that.

A few years ago, I twice took one American Girl doll to the parks and that was OK, though I was always nervous of something happening, and I didn't carry them all day. Since the bears are soft and squishy, I don't think it would be terribly hard to carry 2 bears...probably about as hard as taking one doll.

If you have room to pack both bears, you might take both of them with you and then decide when you get to the parks what to do from there. Or you could do a trial run at a local location with both of them and see how it goes!
                    Thanks! This helps a LOT! I wonder what some of the travelers/crew members will think when they see a ShellieMay? And I love to take tons of pictures of them!! I've been slacking lately though...:blush:

Comment

The couple times I've taken Shellie May to WDW with me, I've had CM's come up and say, "Oh is that Shellie May? How did you get her?" Other times occasional guests will come up and ask who the girl bear is and where I got her (as some recognize Duffy). I never know what kind of a response I'll get. The best is when I run into Japanese tourists who have their own Duffy & Shellie May stuff on them. They get so excited and sometimes as if they can take photos of my bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylover23 View Post
                        Thanks! This helps a LOT! I wonder what some of the travelers/crew members will think when they see a ShellieMay? And I love to take tons of pictures of them!! I've been slacking lately though...:blush:
                        If it's like my trip, a shocking number will say "You have a girl Duffy!" That was the tiny Shellie May, though. I think the bigger one is more recognizable. I was shocked how many CMs didn't even recognize Tiny Duffy as a Disney bear. (Though again, he does look different than 12" and 18" Duffy.)

Like Aimster, a few CMs did recognize her as Shellie May and one even wanted to hold her. LOL. No regular guests recognized her (aloud) but again, Tiny Shellie May looks very similar to Tiny Duffy.

Comment

WOW! That's great that some people recognized her or at least realized that she was a "girl Duffy"! It's awesome that people are interested in her too! It's great to spread the ShellieMay love with the Duffy love! That's hilarious that someone wanted to hold her!! haha

Comment

Oh I've had CM's ask if they can hold my Shellie May too... even male CM's! They just fawn over her and think she's precious.

Comment

Hey guys! Havent posted here in a while. My Duffy wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and he posed with his house companions next to my tree.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                              Indy Ride Count: 2211
                              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

aimster - I hope I get the same response when I go this Spring! And The Forbidden Eye -
                                ADORABLE pictures and Merry Christmas to you and your Duffy/Disney family too!

Comment

Cute photos, Forbidden Eye! I especially like the last one.

My Duffy & Shellie May want to wish you all a Merry Christmas as well!

Comment

Forbidden Eye, your pictures are wonderful! Aimster, so cute, and the tree is perfect too!

Merry Christmas from Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May!

Last edited by Eeee-va; 12-25-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Your Duffys look so cute in their holiday outfits, Eeee-va!

Merry Christmas to all the Duffy fans!

Comment

My Duffy & Shellie May got new outfits for Christmas yesterday.

Duffy got some khakis and a plaid flannel shirt.

Shellie May got a dress, sweater and some shoes!

The dress without the sweater:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                          My Duffy & Shellie May got new outfits for Christmas yesterday. Duffy got some khakis and a plaid flannel shirt. Shellie May got a dress, sweater and some shoes!
                                          Duffy looks adorable! and ShellieMay is so elegant!
                                          www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X