Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Aimster, I just got that dress for my Shellie May too, it's very pretty. I'm going to pair it with the white fur vest from the TDS Christmas 2010 set to put it over the top.

Tonight I went to BAB in a mall in upstate New Yiork and found something I never thought I would see again. You know that blue Fair Isle sweater set they had? Aimster, you have pictures of Shellie wearing it. Well, I have it too, but they used to have the matching hat and scarf set, but it's been gone for ages. Well, this NY store had a couple for sale! I was so happy to be able to Complete the whole set. I'll take pictures when I get home. It made my day though.
    Meow

Comment

Duffy, Shellie May, and I would like to wish your entire family a very merry holiday season.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Thank you, Sue! Aimster, your Duffy outfits are great! Congrats, Gurgi! I don't know the particular set you're talking about but I know how exciting it is to find something you'd given up hope of getting.

Congratulations on getting your Shellie May, Mickeyfan5534! Merry Christmas to your bears!

One more Merry Christmas from Little Duffy, Tiny Duffy, and Tiny Shellie May!

(The hat was an ornament from Cost Plus World Market, I think, and the scarf might have been a wine bottle scarf from there too...both came from Santa though. )
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Speaking of wine ornaments, look what I found!

I believe they're the scarves at Scarf Wine Charms | CAWinemerchants.com but I got them substantially cheaper at our local Kroger's-type grocery store (50% off!). You might check Kroger/Fred Meyer/Fry's if you want some! Or I'm thinking of doing some sort of giveaway on my blog or something; I haven't decided...
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            I looked at the charms at the shops at the Polynesian when I was there 2 weeks ago and didn't see the Duffy one. Odd.
            I was at the MK on Monday 12/27. They had the Duffy charm at the Emporium, but it was on the 'other side'. On 12/10 I went to the park, but I only brought Duffy with me. He bought ShellieMay a charm because she couldn't some with us - that was so sweet! When I was looking at the charms on 12/10, I didn't realize that there were 2 sides of the display!

When I was there this time, I asked a CM to help me. I was so happy that they had the charm there so I didn't go to the Polynesian to investigate if they also carried them.

I was suppose to go to Epcot today and I was going to check in the Duffy store, but my sister is in the hospital with pneumonia - so obviously we didn't go today. You can be sure I'll be checking in all the parks, in all the shops they sell the charms for Duffy!
            www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
              Aimster, I just got that dress for my Shellie May too, it's very pretty. I'm going to pair it with the white fur vest from the TDS Christmas 2010 set to put it over the top.
              Any chance you could send me a link to that dress? I have a friend in the US now who could pick it up for me if I can tell her exactly what it is. Thanks in advance!^^

... You know that blue Fair Isle sweater set they had? Aimster, you have pictures of Shellie wearing it. Well, I have it too, but they used to have the matching hat and scarf set, but it's been gone for ages...
              I had been envious of that for a while, too, after seeing Aimster's photos, mostly because it's a perfect match for the hooded sweater that was my first-ever Build-A-Bear purchase for Duffy, and formed the first outfit I thought of as my Duffy's signature look. Just last week, I went to BAB at the mall here and it wasn't there. I decided to have a look on auction sites and found the whole set (dress, hat, scarf, boots, pants) on eBay! I had to pay over retail and shipping was a bit expensive, but I'm so happy to have this set. Funny that all three of us were so into it - great minds...!^^

I love that it's called "Fair Isle," too! I know it's from the UK, but I like to think about "the Fair Isles of Cape Cod." And yes...I know it's not really an island, either, but there are lots of islands in Cape Cod!:blush:
              Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-28-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I just looked on Build A Bear's website and that dress isn't shown on it.

They do have some new merchandise on their site though... including THESE:

Union Jack High-Tops - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

I want these for Duffy SO BAD! Shoot... I want a pair in human size for myself! :lol:

Looked on the Japanese BAB site and they don't have the dress listed either, but I am JEALOUS of all the awesome clothes shown that aren't available in the US stores! The Japanese site has this cute dress though:

Comment

Oh, but I love the prices of US BAB... Their Christmas stuff doesn't even seem to be marked down...the Gingerbread Boy outfit was over 2,000 yen!

If you've been peeking in occasionally at Daily Duffy, note that my tiny bears are only holding hands for ONE reason.

...for safety! It's easy for tiny bears to get lost so I wanted to make sure Tiny Shellie May and Tiny Duffy stuck together, so they would be harder to lose.

They made it home safely.

Comment

• Comment

...Looked on the Japanese BAB site and they don't have the dress listed either, but I am JEALOUS of all the awesome clothes shown that aren't available in the US stores! The Japanese site has this cute dress though:
                      Aw...Aimster, it takes a TRUE-BLUE friend to be sweet enough to try to cheer me up by pretending that this bubbly blue prom dress thing holds a candle (or even a child-proof lighter^^) to you and Gurgi's sparkling-star-diamond-evening-elegance dress fantasia!:lol: You're a true pal for trying, but I think, since you were savvy enough to buy it, that we both know your dress is far superior. Poopity!^^

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                      Oh, but I love the prices of US BAB...
                      Don't we all?^^ I'm thankful that there is a large and demanding market in Japan for extremely high-end character goods, too, though. Sure, it means that Build-A-Bear is WAY overpriced here, but without the market value and fans supporting it, the new Cannery Clothing Company releases simply would not and could not exist. And now that I see the potential, I'm very happy that it does.^^

In fact, I've been thinking of not buying anything except TDR/OLC releases anymore. Every time I finally cave and buy something from BAB or the likes (a corduroy Christmas dress to match Shellie's cape from two years ago, an aviator outfit for Duffy...), OLC very soon releases exactly what I wanted and it fits better and is made better than whatever I substituted, meaning I'll still buy it and now have extra. Not that I'm really complaining. This new CCC outfit combined with Spring Voyage pretty much gives OLC a free pass on everything that has ever happened or will ever happen ever. They own my childhood heart.:love:

That red dress with white trim is awesome!:yea:

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

Yeah, I wanna justify it as paying for importing, blah blah...but it really does suck how inflated BAB prices are here. It's more than Duffy Post + shipping combined. But I still shop there sometimes...:shy:
                      Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

It's weird that the dress is no longer on BAB's site. DuffyD, I'll look at my local store for you, and if they have it, I'll get it.

The Fair Isle stuff really is cute, and even if it's not specifically Cape Cod, the theme still fits. I'm just very happy to finally have the complete set. It's really cute, and I love the blue. This year's pink version was too pink for me (and for Shellie, she protested).
                        Meow

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                          That red dress with white trim is awesome!:yea:
                          Thank you! It was actually a Goodwill find. :shy: But it fit Tiny Shellie May so well!

Comment

Don't we all?^^ I'm thankful that there is a large and demanding market in Japan for extremely high-end character goods, too, though. Sure, it means that Build-A-Bear is WAY overpriced here, but without the market value and fans supporting it, the new Cannery Clothing Company releases simply would not and could not exist. And now that I see the potential, I'm very happy that it does.^^

In fact, I've been thinking of not buying anything except TDR/OLC releases anymore. Every time I finally cave and buy something from BAB or the likes (a corduroy Christmas dress to match Shellie's cape from two years ago, an aviator outfit for Duffy...), OLC very soon releases exactly what I wanted and it fits better and is made better than whatever I substituted, meaning I'll still buy it and now have extra. Not that I'm really complaining. This new CCC outfit combined with Spring Voyage pretty much gives OLC a free pass on everything that has ever happened or will ever happen ever. They own my childhood heart.:love:
                            Oh, man, I so agree with you on this! It always happens too, right after I've bought something as a substitute too. I JUST bought some clothes at BAB for Christmas for Duffy & Shellie, and now I see these new releases and wish I hadn't spent the money. I'm thinking just like you and sticking to TDS costume releases from now on. Even though there are always new and nice things from BAB, Japan always turns around and does something amazing that I want and that is WAY more expensive than anything from BAB.

I just need to learn to resist the cute stuff from BAB and focus on what's coming this year from the Tokyo Duffy team. I do wish they would give the fans time to catch their breath between all of these costume releases though.
                            Meow

Comment

...(and for Shellie, she protested).
                              :love:

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 04:22 PM ----------

I just need to learn to resist the cute stuff from BAB and focus on what's coming this year from the Tokyo Duffy team. I do wish they would give the fans time to catch their breath between all of these costume releases though.
                              Yes and more yes.^^

Comment

just some pictures from over the holidays ^_^
                                (for some reason i can't figure out how to fix the ones that are sideways :c)

Click image for larger version

Name:	duffduff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	7339679

duffy: how bout this one?
                                me: too small

Name:	duffduff4.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	7339680

duffy: this one??
                                me: too big

Name:	duffduff5.jpg
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	7339681

duffy: fine! take your pick, then!

Name:	duffduff3.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	7339682

looking at the fish at bass pro shop

Name:	duffduff2.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	7339683

hanging out at the spa

Comment

Kittyloaf, those really cute pictures. Did Duffy finally get the perfect sized tree? I'm surprised you got him to stand in front of the fish like that. That spa towel is really cute too!
                                  Meow

Comment

DuffyD, I'm going to Build A Bear tomorrow after work and if they have the black & white dress, I'll pick it up for you. If Gurgi happens to beat me to it, then I can just return it... no big deal.

BTW, my mom bought that dress for Shellie May for Christmas to be her New Year's Eve party dress.

I also saw these dresses on BAB's site:

Blue Velvet Dress with Jacket 3 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Turquoise Fancy Dress - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Just throwing some alternative suggestions out there just in case.

Comment

...BTW, my mom bought that dress for Shellie May for Christmas to be her New Year's Eve party dress...
                                      Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like. Thanks for the suggestions, which are both cute, but that Northern Sky Diamond Festiva Gown of Wonder is really something special!

---------- Post added 12-30-2011 at 10:59 AM ----------

Originally posted by kittyloaf View Post
                                      just some pictures from over the holidays ^_^
                                      (for some reason i can't figure out how to fix the ones that are sideways :c)
                                      Cute photos and even cuter story!^^ What's weird is that they do display vertically on my iPhone, but not on my PC...

Comment

Northern Sky Diamond Festiva Gown of Wonder
                                        :lol:

Best. Description. Ever.

Comment

Love your pictures, Kittyloaf! SPA DUFFY! LOL. The forklift picture.....haaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                          X