Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post

Sue! I LOVE Mardi Gras Duffy and Shellie May! Though…what did Duffy do to get all those beads? Oh dear. The Tiana dress is nice on Shellie May (though the centered flower BAB insisted on putting on it still irks me…you hid it well ).
    What can I say — my Duffy is a bit wild (and apparently, mad about beads).
    Shellie May thanks you for the compliment (she's not crazy about the flower placement on the dress either — feather boas certainly help).

Comment

My Duffy can be a little wild at times too, so I can relate.

Ok more photos!

After Morocco, we visited the France pavilion (forgot to get photos there too... duh!), then exited Epcot via the International Gateway and too the Friendship boat to DHS.

Had to say hello to Uncle Walt!

After a quick loop around DHS, it was back to Epcot to finish up World Showcase.

Duffy wanted to make a phone call in the UK.

O Canada!

Enjoying the atmosphere in Canada.

After we finished World Showcase, I stopped at Art of Disney to pick up something I wanted, then we headed out of Epcot.

But out adventure wasn't over yet!

One more set of photos to share..... tomorrow!

Comment

I :love: the one with the red TARDIS phone booth!^^

Comment

LOL! They need a blue Police Box in the UK pavilion for sure! That would have been SO awesome.

Comment

My Tiny Duffy still hates trousers. Do you think there may be something inherently wild about US Duffies versus Japanese ones?

Though my Tiny Shellie May has expressed no desire to wear panties either. Hm. Maybe it's just something in the air in America. :shy:

Loving the pictures, Aimster! You make it look almost as easy to park hop in WDW as it is in Anaheim, somehow.
            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

My Tiny Duffy still hates trousers. Do you think there may be something inherently wild about US Duffies versus Japanese ones?

Though my Tiny Shellie May has expressed no desire to wear panties either. Hm. Maybe it's just something in the air in America. :shy:

No Bottoms? My kids are just the opposite!
              www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Drew myself an ema (a wooden plaque on which people write wishes for the new year and hang them at any Japanese shrine) with an image of Duffy!^^

This is for you, Daisuki-San!^^

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by bookobsessor View Post
                  little magnet Duffy my roommate also got me, and a spinning Duffy light, I found for 50 cents.

OK, so that's it for now, have a splendid day!
                  Thanks! Love your photo diary!

.50 cents! I'm jealous! LOL - I picked up 2 out the outlet for $4.99 each.............

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                  "Hmm, it's Valentine's Day. I should do something special for Duffette."

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
                  Fabulous!!!!!!
                  www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

Loving the pictures, Aimster! You make it look almost as easy to park hop in WDW as it is in Anaheim, somehow.
                    LOL! I was freaking EXHAUSTED by the time all was said and done. Three parks in 13.5 hours... *DEAD*.

Ok last set of photos!

After we left Epcot, Duffy wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom and ride Space Mountain. Shellie May was pretty much DONE at this point and didn't want to do anymore, so she said she's take a nap in the car while we did MK. So we drove over there... and it was wall to wall people! Turns out MK was open until 1am. Uh-oh!

Duffy proudly wearing his birthday button and light up Mickey ears.

Went over to Space Mountain and the line was long (forgot what the posted wait time was). Fastpasses were still available, so I got one. Return time was for 10:30pm. Ugh! I thought, "We'll see how I'm doing at 10:30. If I'm still going strong we'll ride."

So we joined in at the dance party going on at the state in Tomorrowland (danced with Stitch, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale), then went to ride the Peoplemover (my favorite since I was 3). Lucky us... when the cars separated into the separate trains, we got the "front" seat! Duffy was in 7th heaven!

Wheeee!

Duffy was waving at everyone as we went by. One set of cars had a couple Japanese tourists in them and when they saw Duffy they were all pointing and waving and smiling. They were quite excited to see him.

After the Peoplemover we got a quick dinner at Cosmic Rays and listened to Sonny Eclipse before heading into Fantasyland.

Duffy wanted to see if Pooh Bear was home.

Pooh wasn't home, but he left his hunny pots out, which Duffy of course got into.

We took a spin on the carousel.

Went on Haunted Mansion & went to see the Country Bear Jamboree (Duffy's favorite!). As we were coming out of Country Bears, the Electrical Parade was coming. We had a good viewing spot on the porch outside Pecos Bill's, so we stopped to watch. Lots of the characters pointed and waved at Duffy. Some of the parade performers even waved and wished Duffy a Happy Birthday when they saw his button. The highlight was Cinderella herself wishing Duffy a Happy Birthday and the Fairy Godmother blew him a kiss! Duffy was over the moon! During the fireworks, we decided to try the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, which was pretty cool. By then it was 10:30, but I was too beat to trudge all the way back to Space Mountain, so we called it a night. I told Duffy since I have an AP again, I'll take him back soon to ride Space Mountain.

And that was our WDW adventure last weekend! Hope you enjoyed!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      LOL! I was freaking EXHAUSTED by the time all was said and done. Three parks in 13.5 hours... *DEAD*.
                      No doubt!^^

…Fastpasses were still available, so I got one. Return time was for 10:30pm. Ugh! I thought, "We'll see how I'm doing at 10:30. If I'm still going strong we'll ride."
                      I wish it was reasonable for the Tokyo Resort to stay open so late. Of course, if trains ran all night, there are lots of other places I'd go to, too. Hopefully every good restaurant wouldn't also close at 10:00 or 11:00.

Duffy was waving at everyone as we went by. One set of cars had a couple Japanese tourists in them and when they saw Duffy they were all pointing and waving and smiling. They were quite excited to see him.
                      Front seat, huh? He really is the Bear of "7th-heaven-over-the-moon-cloud-nine" happiness and LUCK!

I :love: how, from everyone's stories, Japanese tourists at WDW and DLR always seem to consistently understand Duffy as a Japanese phenomenon they get excited about. They never seem to have any of the confusion that some Americans sometimes do about where Duffy's proper origin is. They always sound quite rightly confident that they are greeting a familiar friend who was born and raised in Cape Cod, American Waterfront, Tokyo DisneySEA – Duffy's hometown now and forever. It always lights up my heart to know that Japanese fans know that. I wish WDC was making sure Americans understand it, too, with no ifs, ands, buts or complications.

Yesterday I was talking with two students about the reconstruction around Tokyo Station, due to be completed next year. I was reminded again how miraculous it is that only 15 years after American bombs decimated much of Tokyo (which is still being rebuilt), Chiharu Kawasaki was dreaming of building Tokyo Disneyland. Do a search for Marc Borrelli's brilliant "Land of the Rising Mickey" series to learn more.

Duffy's connection to the "Disney Bear" is interesting and beautiful, but questioning even the possibility that Americans deserve credit for the creation of Duffy is seriously insulting. They don't. No one in America envisioned Duffy until well into OLC's plan, and even now, Duffy only seems to be understood by a few American fans; the WDC still lags behind. The original design concept was solid, but charmless until nurtured by Japanese hands. It's like suggesting that the weaver who makes the cloth deserves credit for creating the finished garment. No. The designer had the good sense to select quality material, but the designer is the champion, no doubt.

Went on Haunted Mansion & went to see the Country Bear Jamboree (Duffy's favorite!).
                      HM was my Duffy's first costume, and he :love:s Country Bears! I'm really inspired now for my Spring Voyage report; thanks, Aimster!^^
                      Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I agree Duffy will always be from Japan to me. The Disney bear maybe from wdc but olc made Duffy who he is and so did the fans.

I also love the Japanese guest who get so excited to see Duffy. Its so cool. :-)
                        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                          No doubt!^^
                          Duffy's connection to the "Disney Bear" is interesting and beautiful, but questioning even the possibility that Americans deserve credit for the creation of Duffy is seriously insulting. They don't. No one in America envisioned Duffy until well into OLC's plan, and even now, Duffy only seems to be understood by a few American fans; the WDC still lags behind. The original design concept was solid, but charmless until nurtured by Japanese hands. It's like suggesting that the weaver who makes the cloth deserves credit for creating the finished garment. No. The designer had the good sense to select quality material, but the designer is the champion, no doubt.!^^

Good point! Without the enthusiasm of the Japanese I never would have my precious Duffy and ShellieMay! Thank YOU Japan and the OLC!!!!
                          www.MyDuffyBear.com

Comment

Duffy is absolutely from Japan. My Tiny Duffy feels to me like a Japanese take on America, though (he IS from Cape Cod, after all...never mind that I bought him in America :shy: ). But if it weren't for Japan's story and treatment of him, though, he'd just be a cute bear. I wouldn't love him.

I've mentioned before that to me, Shellie May feels Japanese through-and-through. Given that she was designed by OLC and currently isn't even available in America, I think that makes sense.
                            Last edited by Eeee-va; 02-25-2012, 02:16 PM.
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

^^ I agree! ShellieMay feels more exclusively Japanese though I do consider Duffy Japanese as well. I am charmed by the pictures of Duffy merchandise in Tokyo DisneySEA and can only hope I will make it there soon to see it for myself! I love that Duffy is accepted in US parks too though. It makes him even more special to me that he is so familiar here but also so magical being from so far away. I love seeing Duffy pictures here in this thread from all of his journeys (and ShellieMay's) - Disney parks or not!

Comment

OK, here are a few from Disneyland in November (aka my blog).

Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May make even a dungeon fun!

I'm looking forward to the 3-person sleds on the Matterhorn, personally…I always found the seating arrangements rather awkward, where the smaller person sits in the lap of the larger person.

Comment

This is from the Disney Parks Blog this morning at the Magic Kingdom for the 24hour event!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                                  Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Cute!:love:

Comment

HEH! Awesome. Theme Park Review posted a photo on their Facebook page this morning of a bunch of Duffys outside the Haunted Mansion (I think).

Comment

The backpack bears are ADORABLE!

I think the Duffy picture Aimster was referring to is at Wall Photos | Facebook It was cute enough, but I didn't think it was worth the search.

Comment

Sorry off topic, my roommate went for a walk at work (Epcot) and he noticed another Shellie May in a backpack... He yelled out SHELLIE MAY! LOL

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                                          Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Working...
                                          X