Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

The twins decided to enjoy the beautiful spring day and went to look at some cherry blossoms. They also found the time to climb a tree..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0708 (640x427).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	7341016Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0709 (640x427).jpg
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	7341017
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0736 (640x427).jpg
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	7341018

Comment

My bears are feeling very nautical today. They're going to watch Titanic with some friends.

Comment

Hey, Sue! I'm going to see TITANIC tonight, too!^^

Comment

LOVE everyone's pictures. Though Lil D and Duffette's Easter adventure was my absolute favorite. Sue and Aimster's Easter pictures were so festive and the Duffy twins are always great!

Sue, is that a 12" Duffy in Duffy's outfit, or is it an 17" Duffy? If it's a 12" Duffy, does the outfit (basically) fit him, or did you alter it/pin it together in the back?

(My 12" Duffy might be watching the miniseries with me tonight. Though he's still dressed as a pirate so I am not sure if that really fits in with the theme.)
          Last edited by Eeee-va; 04-14-2012, 07:51 PM.
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Here is my Duffy reading and learning how to speak and say words in Japanese. The reason why he is reading that book is because he misses home, a lot.

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
              LOVE everyone's pictures.
              Me too!

Sue, is that a 12" Duffy in Duffy's outfit, or is it an 17" Duffy?
              Eeee-va, that's a 17" Duffy in his original outfit. Disney should make a sailor outfit for the 12" Duffy!

Comment

They SHOULD make a 12" sailor outfit, Sue! But if they did they'd sell it on the bear, so it'd cost me $30. :P I thought the 17" Duffies had lighter designs on their feet (evidently not!) and he looks smaller than Shellie May in that picture (even though the face did not really look like a 12" Duffy). I even asked a friend to confirm he looked smaller before I posted, LOL, so that's a pretty good illusion!

The 12" Duffies aren't THAT much smaller than the 17"; it'd surely be easier to just buy one of the outfits and alter it, than to make one...but I'm so cheap! I made one for my Tiny Duffy, though (it was posted a bunch of pages ago). Trying to keep on topic, even though it's an old picture...

And very cute picture, MikkiMausu.
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

My mom put the 17" sailor outfit on her 12" Duffy (since she got the My Friend Duffy sailor suit last year for her 17" Duffy) and it looks fine. A little big, but it looks cute on the little guy.

I finally found the CUTEST sailor dress for Shellie May here (ordered it yesterday):
                  Teddy Bear Clothes

I love how it'll match both sailor outfits I have for Duffy (the US one and the My Friend Duffy one from TDS).

Took Duffy to Busch Gardens today and we had some fun!

First I had to get the oil changed in my car, so while that was being done, we walked down the street to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee. I let Duffy pick the flavor shots and he picked vanilla and blueberry. It was GOOD!

At Busch Gardens we first stopped at Cheetah Run. Duffy tried to get a couple cheetahs attention but they just ignored him.

Then he decided to climb on this thing.

I took a couple spins on Montu while Duffy waited in a locker.

The train went by on our way to the Edge of Africa walkthrough.

Saw some giraffes.

Duffy wanted me to take his photo by the pretty flowers.

*sniff sniff*

Went into a gift shop and they had these funny glasses, so Duffy tried some on.

Peace, man!

Trippy!

Are you ready for some football?

Over at Jungala the stilt walkers and puppets were out greeting guests.

Over at Walkabout Way, we saw an Emu...

...and made friends with a wallaby.

More pretty flowers!

*sniff sniff*

D-U-F-F-Y.... Hey! That's ME!

Comment

They SHOULD make a 12" sailor outfit, Sue! But if they did they'd sell it on the bear, so it'd cost me $30. :P I thought the 17" Duffies had lighter designs on their feet (evidently not!) and he looks smaller than Shellie May in that picture (even though the face did not really look like a 12" Duffy). I even asked a friend to confirm he looked smaller before I posted, LOL, so that's a pretty good illusion!

The 12" Duffies aren't THAT much smaller than the 17"; it'd surely be easier to just buy one of the outfits and alter it, than to make one...but I'm so cheap! I made one for my Tiny Duffy, though (it was posted a bunch of pages ago).
                    What Disney needsare very clever, you know!

Speaking of Aimster, great shots of your Duffy's adventures as always! I love seeing what he is up to.

Comment

I always love Duffy's adventures at Busch Gardens. Makes me want to go there! I particularly like the pics of Duffy with the flowers this time around. Spring is in the air!

As the owner of 2 12" bears, yeah it would be great if they made separate 12" outfits. But if they were anything like the quality and expense of the current 17" outfits, I would probably still stick with unique Goodwill finds and the occasional BaB item. Disney is so out of touch with what makes bear clothes sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                        Disney is so out of touch with what makes bear clothes sell.
                        TRUTH. They really have no clue. I at first was going get the Jedi Training Academy outfit, but when I saw it in person, I was totally underwhelmed. The robe itself was nice and plushy and rich feeling, but the logo was IRONED ON. It should have been embroidered. It REALLY cheapened the look of it, so I decided not to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          TRUTH. They really have no clue. I at first was going get the Jedi Training Academy outfit, but when I saw it in person, I was totally underwhelmed. The robe itself was nice and plushy and rich feeling, but the logo was IRONED ON. It should have been embroidered. It REALLY cheapened the look of it, so I decided not to get it.
                          Besides the fact that My Duffy has a Jedi outfit already, I thought maybe I'd get him the official one as well, but that's exactly why I passed on buying it too. The ironed-on logo was really cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Kruse View Post
                            Besides the fact that My Duffy has a Jedi outfit already, I thought maybe I'd get him the official one as well, but that's exactly why I passed on buying it too. The ironed-on logo was really cheesy.
                            Me too. I love the one from BAB. When I took Duffy in it to the Star Tours 2 preview mall tour last spring, the CM's were going nuts over him. Even C3PO was impressed with "Duffy-Wan Kenobi". :lol:

Comment

Thank you for reporting on the sailor outfit, Aimster! I know it's not as nice as TDS's, but I really like the red accents of the US version. And I'm afraid my 12" Duffy doesn't mind going pantsless; oh dear. Once I'm done owing myself money from TDS Duffy, I might have to get it. (That's going to be a while!)

The outfit you found for Shellie May is FABULOUS! The one you found will be PERFECT with both of Duffy's otufits, like you said. I'm so excited to see pictures!

I love your Duffy with the flowers, too. (And everywhere, granted, but the flowers make me think of Spring Voyage. ) Where/what is that Duffy bottlecap thing????

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Sue; you're sweet. :love: I think I need to make a Tiny Shellie May sailor outfit before I think of sewing an outfit for Duffy (particularly one that I can kind of sort of buy). Though I'm thinking of giving Tiny Shellie May's dress red accents as a contrast to Duffy's US version. Either way...I'm much better at designing girl clothes than boy clothes. More experience. :shy:

I think a $10 outfit tailored for a 12" bear might sell well. Visitors to the parks can get fairly high-quality clothes for the 17" Duffy at Build a Bear (and generally cheaper/often nicer than the Duffy clothes!), but getting clothes for a 12" bear takes more trial and error. (Having Diznygrl's talent does not hurt one bit. )

It will be very interesting to see what TDS does with the 12" bears (if anything) in the future. Like Disney in the US, they now sell a 12" bear, dressed, for the same price as a 17" bear undressed. Of course, unlike the US, they sold a more detailed version of the 12" bear outfits for the 17" bears. (Which is something else the US fans have been clamoring for since the 12" bears came out--they want their 17" bears, which are marketed as your new BFF, to be to be able to wear the same outfits as the 12" bears!)

Comment

Where/what is that Duffy bottlecap thing????
                                They're just magnets with alphabet letters on them. I just searched out the ones that Spelled "Duffy", lined them up and took the photo.

Comment

Just wanted to share my latest Goodwill find. It's an adorable handmade Strawberry Shortcake dress, and it fits Duffette just perfectly! When I saw it I knew I had to have it, because I'm a sucker for classic Strawberry Shortcake. I loved her as a child.

Not very ladylike, but Duffette wanted to show you the matching bloomers, LOL.

I think I might have to go to the craft store and see if I can find supplies to make her some matching strawberry ear bows!

Comment

I have some Duffy photos to share:

Yep, we keep dreaming of Disney to release a TRON outfit for Duffy, so I took the liberty of sketching concept designs for his outfit.

So here it is.

The primary color was light blue and the secondary color is just regular blue. Speaking of which, I chose that color to represent the lines lighting up.

His acessory is the Identity Disk. Not much to tell, just for an added touch.

And just like the shoes on each Tokyo DisneySea outfits, here are his shoes complete with the Mickey Paw prints on the sole.

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                      Just wanted to share my latest Goodwill find. It's an adorable handmade Strawberry Shortcake dress, and it fits Duffette just perfectly! When I saw it I knew I had to have it, because I'm a sucker for classic Strawberry Shortcake. I loved her as a child.

I think I might have to go to the craft store and see if I can find supplies to make her some matching strawberry ear bows!
                                      And this is why I love thrift store shopping, it's like a treasure hunt, you never know what's waiting there for you. You scored Dznygrl! Duffette looks so cute!

Comment

Shellie May's sailor dress arrived today! It's a little big (though it says it's made for a 16" bear and Shellie is 17", though "petite" I guess. I had to use a safety pin to "resize" the skirt (and managed to poke my finger in the process... the same finger I sc while stuffing Duffy in a locker at Busch Gardens on Sunday so I could ride Montu, but I digress). But on... OMG SO CUTE!!!Now they want to go sailing. :lol:

I'll see if my aunt can maybe do some alterations on this sometime. Or do you think a normal alterations place would be willing to do teddy bear clothes? :lmao:
                                        Last edited by aimster; 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

That really is cute, Aimster. I've had zippers installed on my bears themselves at a normal alterations place, so I think it's totally possible. It's at least worth checking out!^^

Comment

Working...
                                          X