Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

For goodness' sake, everyone! It's summertime and I guess everyone's Duffy and Shellie May are having beautiful adventures! Thanks for the kind words on mine; I'll share a LOT more pictures pretty soon.

Tony609, Dallas Duffy's Mickey costume is PERFECT! Love him with Tigger too!

DCfan92, I'm laughing over Mickey trying to steal Shellie May.

Aimster, love your bears' new ride! Now Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May want to see Brave with me… Duffy and Shellie May are TOO CUTE in those glasses! Poor old stranded Duffy. I guess Duffies in general are starting to get into archery, aren't they?

SailorDuffy, WOW! Mom and I were both gawking at how cute that picture is!

Bebs, that outfit looks great on your Duffy! I'd never been a big fan of that outfit but everyone's pictures are starting to convince me! (I don't have the patience to make it for a tiny bear, though. )

DuffyD…. O____O I can't even start to pick a favorite; you did an outstanding job! Love him on the telescope and the door hanger, I think. And I COMPLETELY agree with you that it's just kind of more fun to go around with 1 bear. I think it's fun to have one friend with you…the bear you bring will spend more time playing with the environment (and you) then each other!

And MikkiMausu, I really like that rain outfit for Shellie May! I'm tempted to make one for Tiny Shellie May too! (But we don't have many rainy days out here. :P )
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

thank you so much Eeee-va!!!

Comment

My Duffy's been begging me to take him to the movies. I kinda want to go see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter but I think Duffy has other ideas.

Comment

Sue, watch out! I almost overloaded and died from the cute!^^ Did you make that just for BRAVE, or did you already have that stuff "just lyin' around?"

Comment

Wow Sue, awesome! have you made that costume?

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Kruse View Post
              My Duffy's been begging me to take him to the movies. I kinda want to go see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter but I think Duffy has other ideas.

OMG!!! Super Fabulous! I just got my sewing machine out to make Duffy's kilt. I don't have the amazing belt and purse you used though! This is gorgeous!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

My little on has chosen Clan MacDuffernutter. My first nickname for him was Fuffernutter. I don't know where that came from - never ate the stuff. But it just fit him to a T.

You are super talented Sue!!! What a lucky bear!!
              www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

Time to share a Duffy photo:

Here is Mickey & Minnie noticing their pictures on Duffy's diaper.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

oh my Sue that is so darn cute! I am hoping all my bears are still asleep so that they don't get a chance to say that they want a costume like that, it is always so wonderful to see your work.

to tell you the truth... I love Duffy's choice of movie... over here we really want to go see it our selves!

Comment

Wow, Sue his costume looks great.

Comment

Haven't updated in a while. Still working on the move.
                      I got a PS3 and Duffy and Shellie May are hogging it playing Final Fantasy and Crono Cross. Very cute

Comment

Duffy starts his Spring Voyage.

Traveling can be long, The Flight Attendant gave him a menu.

He carefully looks over the choices.

And made a decision.

Day 1

More will be posted in the days the follow. He took lots of pictures and need to decide which ones to share.
                        sigpic
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Comment

Well, it's official. Shellie May's favorite video game character is Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII. I feel so sorry for her, as Vanille dies at the end of the game. Well, she has Lightning and Serah as well.

Comment

Great photos, TDS Duffy! I especially love the in-flight and Statue of Liberty shots. It reminds me that someday I really do have to just get over other people and start taking photos of Duffy outside the parks. The thing is, as long as I'm self-conscious about it, I do come off like I'm doing something "weird," I think. Someday...:blush:

And, mickeyfan, I sure am glad right now that I don't plan on playing FFXIII, Mr Spoiler Alert! :lmao: Just kidding...kinda.^^

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                              And, mickeyfan, I sure am glad right now that I don't plan on playing FFXIII, Mr Spoiler Alert! :lmao: Just kidding...kinda.^^
                              Great game. Duffy loves telling me what to do in game. He also likes Final Fantasy VIII but he doesn't get junctioning and drawing and all that so hes stuck at the very begining.

Comment

Great photos, TDS Duffy! I especially love the in-flight and Statue of Liberty shots. It reminds me that someday I really do have to just get over other people and start taking photos of Duffy outside the parks. The thing is, as long as I'm self-conscious about it, I do come off like I'm doing something "weird," I think. Someday...:blush:
                                Do it! If people think you're "weird" that's THEIR problem, not yours. I get strange looks sometimes when I take photos of my Duffy... I just ignore them. I'm doing it for ME, not them anyway.

Comment

Sue, watch out! I almost overloaded and died from the cute!^^ Did you make that just for BRAVE, or did you already have that stuff "just lyin' around?"
                                  Awww, thank you Duffy D! I did make that just for Duffy to wear to see Brave (out of stuff I just had lyin' around ). But poor thing, he didn't get to go after all. I had planned to meet up with friends to see the film and then I went to a press screening instead so he couldn't come along. I'll make it up to Duffy though by taking him to Disneyland some time soon to see Merida. I'm sure he'll like that almost as much (if not more, Merida is very pretty).

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Originally posted by SailorDuffy View Post
                                  Wow Sue, awesome! have you made that costume?
                                  Thank you SailorDuffy! Yep, I made the costume for Duffy. I really love to sew & it's especially fun to sew for Duffy and Shellie May.

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by Sandrita View Post
                                  OMG!!! Super Fabulous! I just got my sewing machine out to make Duffy's kilt. I don't have the amazing belt and purse you used though! This is gorgeous!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

My little on has chosen Clan MacDuffernutter. My first nickname for him was Fuffernutter. I don't know where that came from - never ate the stuff. But it just fit him to a T.

You are super talented Sue!!! What a lucky bear!!
                                  Thank you too Sandrita! The belt and sporran (the purse's official name — I didn't know what it's called & looked it up) are just made out of a remnant piece of faux leather I had, an old belt buckle & a piece of an old necklace (I'm a bit of a pack rat). If you can sew I bet you can make something like that for your MacDuffernutter (great name!).

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                                  Wow, Sue his costume looks great.
                                  Thank you very much Janell!

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

Originally posted by TDS Duffy View Post
                                  Duffy starts his Spring Voyage.

More will be posted in the days the follow. He took lots of pictures and need to decide which ones to share.
                                  TDS Duffy — love your Duffy's Spring Voyage, especially that photo with the Statue of Liberty behind Duffy!

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                  Do it! If people think you're "weird" that's THEIR problem, not yours. I get strange looks sometimes when I take photos of my Duffy... I just ignore them. I'm doing it for ME, not them anyway.
                                  Yeah, I think you should do it too. Who cares if people think you're weird? Chances are you're never going to see those people again anyway and if you're enjoying yourself that's what matters — not what people you don't know think. When I took my Duffy to Wizarding World last November he was never tucked away — he rode on top of my luggage, sat on the plane, etc., & rather than people acting like I was strange, it started up conversations. I got to talk to people I might never have talked to otherwise & that was cool.

Comment

Sue, Duffy's Brave outfit is great! You will get SUCH wonderful pictures with him and Merida!

(My bears all want to see Brave too. Though Smiling Shellie May will DEFINITELY have to wait til the DVD. I'm sure she'd be shouting "That's so sad!" and "No! Don't do that!" and "Wow, your hair is SO COOL!" and I don't want to get thrown out of the theater.)

TDS Duffy, your pictures are outstanding! My bears...were not in first class.

Maybe they just don't let pirates in first class. Hmph.

Tiny Duffy doesn't seem to mind. We all get there at the same time.

DuffyDaisuki, have you tried taking a Travel Pal or magnet Duffy with you? They are easy to slip out for a quick photo, or easy to slip away if you get embarrassed. (That said, I enjoy taking Smallish Duffy out sometimes, too..he's not QUITE as big as a Duffy, but plenty big to be seen.... The tiny bears are less obtrusive, if that's what you want. )
                                    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                      Sue, Duffy's Brave outfit is great! You will get SUCH wonderful pictures with him and Merida!

(My bears all want to see Brave too. Though Smiling Shellie May will DEFINITELY have to wait til the DVD. I'm sure she'd be shouting "That's so sad!" and "No! Don't do that!" and "Wow, your hair is SO COOL!" and I don't want to get thrown out of the theater.)
                                      Thank you Eeee-va! Duffy can't wait to go see Merida, he's a little upset with me that I keep spending all my Disney time in Cars Land (He wants to go there too) and on Buena Vista Street and never even setting foot in Disneyland!

Little Duffy & Shellie May a very lucky to get a ride in an airplane. First class or not, I bet they really felt quite special to get to do that.

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

Attention Target Shoppers! If your Duffy needs some shades for the summer you might want to check out the dollar bins. I found kiddie-sized sunglasses at my Target that fit Duffy & Shellie May perfectly. $1 = a good thing.

Shellie has agreed to model them for you so you can see what they look like —

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                        Spoken like a true Duffeteer.^^

Duffy does love bringing people together.:love:

Comment

THIS. I get strange looks sometimes but I just shake it off. It really is their problem if they think I'm nuts. I already know I am! :lol:

But overall, Duffy has been a great conversation starter, both at WDW and elsewhere. I mentioned my Duffy has his own Twitter account now, right? OMG He is more popular than I would have thought! I got around 90 people from all over the world following his adventures. He's getting pretty famous among Rays fans too and even got the teams official Twitter and Sun Sports (the channel that broadcasts the Rays games) to follow him! Now if I could only get some of the Rays players to follow him... THAT would be big!

But back to the photo thing... I've had so many people come up to me at WDW saying how cute my bears are, asking where I got their clothes... last month I had a lady at Epcot approach my friend & I (we were both carrying our Duffys) saying how adorable they were and mentioned how her daughter was in her 20s and takes her Duffy everywhere and asked how old I was (and was shocked when I told her I'm pushing 40). Outside the Disney parks, I've had people come up asking about Duffy and get a range of reactions from, "Oh cool I want a Duffy!" to "Oh." :lol: And I've mentioned how at Busch Gardens, a lot of the employees there know who Duffy is and especially the stilt walkers go nuts over him. "OMG is that Duffy! Oh I wanna meet Duffy!" And when both my mom & I did "Duffy Day" at Busch Gardens back in December, they went really crazy... "OMG! DOUBLE DUFFY!!" It was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                          X