Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Share your Duffy Photos

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Ahh, so many wonderful pictures, so little time!

Aimster, I'm particularly loving Duffy in the new Fantasyland. Plus, his attempt at pulling the sword from the stone is a real gem!

Diznygrl, where did you find Duffy sized treats? Keychain Duffy and Shellie May are suddenly demanding them!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Esmeralda View Post
      Diznygrl, where did you find Duffy sized treats? Keychain Duffy and Shellie May are suddenly demanding them!
      Hehe, well sorry I have to disappoint you, but...Michaels used to have these clay gingerbread houses where you could get the 'base' house and buy little packages of all sorts of different clay/resin cookie, candy, and icing accessories to create your own gingerbread house. These were just some leftover pieces that I had laying around so I glued them to elastic bands for keychain Duffy to hold. Really bums me out that Michaels doesn't sell the stuff anymore, because I really enjoyed making that house. It's great because it looks so real, yet you can keep it forever and ever unlike a real gingerbread house, so your hard work doesn't go to waste!

It was called "Gingerbread Visions", and apparently the only place you can find the pieces anymore is ebay.

Comment

Aimster, I'm particularly loving Duffy in the new Fantasyland. Plus, his attempt at pulling the sword from the stone is a real gem!
        Thanks! We loved New Fantasyland. When I saw no one was by the Sword in the Stone, I suddenly got the idea it would be an awesome photo op as I remembered doing that with Wonderpup years ago. I had a hair elastic in my pocket, so I used that to bind Duffy's hands together to make it look like he was really grabbing the hilt of the sword. Hehe!

Comment

Ahh, so many wonderful pictures, so little time!

I :love: those, too! And Eeee-va's comic! And MikkiMausu's drawings! And Pacdomer's display! So much to catch up on!^^

Comment

I want to share some Duffy photos:

We Duffeteers know well about the origins of Duffy through both his Tokyo DisneySea story (Plush Story Tag and The Bear of Happiness and Luck storybook) and the Overseas Disney Theme Parks (Plush Story Tag and the Mickey's New Friend storybook), but what I'm going to present is an actual story from the days before Duffy's debut at Tokyo DisneySea and his reappearance at the Overseas Disney Theme Parks. This is the story of the Disney Bear:

Front Cover #1 and #2:

Scene #1:

"One night before the park opened, Mickey was sitting by the castle. The rest of his friends had not arrived yet, so Mickey brought along his favorite teddy bear to keep him company."

Scene #2:

"Mickey was so exicited to be in such a magical place that he wished he had somebody to explore the park with. Suddenly, Tinker Bell flew down out of the starry sky and saw Mickey sitting there with his stuffed friend. She heard Mickey's wish and sprinkled the bear with Pixie Dust. The Pixie Dust fillied the bear and he miraculously came to life!"

Scene #3:

"Mickey was so excited and happy, that he gave his bear a hug. As soon as Mickey hugged the bear a magical Mickey head shaped impression appeared on the bear's face, forever bonding him with Mickey."

Scene #4:

"From that moment on, Mickey had a very special friend to share all his magical memories."

So that is the story of the Original Disney Bear. What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Eek! Blaze, the Ontario Reign's mascot, thought Duffy was a snack! He tried to eat him!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blaze thinks Duffy is snack!.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	7347116

Ta Da!

Comment

Oh dear! What is it with mascots trying to eat Duffy? Aimster has a similar photo...poor, poor Duffy!!
                Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  Oh dear! What is it with mascots trying to eat Duffy? Aimster has a similar photo...poor, poor Duffy!!
                  I thought it was hilarious! Duffy is just so cute that he seems edible? And Blaze IS a Dragon!
                  The people in our Suite at the game got a huge kick out of it. My kid did to.

Where is Aimster's photo of a mascot eating her Duffy? I would love to see!

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                    I thought it was hilarious! Duffy is just so cute that he seems edible? And Blaze IS a Dragon!
                    The people in our Suite at the game got a huge kick out of it. My kid did to.

Where is Aimster's photo of a mascot eating her Duffy? I would love to see!
                    It was in post #278 in this thread. I had to remember where it was...it took a while.

http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...post1056570050

I guess Duffy had better steer clear of the mascots who have sharp teeth and look hungry! :lol:
                    Meow

Comment

here is a Christmas photo of Bastion he wanted to share it everybody since we aren't going to be able to get to the resort much for a long while (pass is expiring soon) everybear will get to share their photos as they are taken

Name:	bastion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	7347129

Comment

It was in post #278 in this thread. I had to remember where it was...it took a while.

http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...post1056570050

I guess Duffy had better steer clear of the mascots who have sharp teeth and look hungry! :lol:
                        drat..I can't see it on my computer at work...will have to wait I guess...

Originally posted by bebs View Post
                        here is a Christmas photo of Bastion he wanted to share it everybody since we aren't going to be able to get to the resort much for a long while (pass is expiring soon) everybear will get to share their photos as they are taken

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25586[/ATTACH]
                        I also have a picture of my Duffy at that tree. That is my favorite tree in the whole resort

Ta Da!

Comment

drat..I can't see it on my computer at work...will have to wait I guess...

I also have a picture of my Duffy at that tree. That is my favorite tree in the whole resort
                          If you click on the link underneath, can you see it?
                          Meow

Comment

Originally posted by bebs View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25586[/ATTACH]
                            Cute! Where is that tree? Also, I love "everybear," I'll have to use that.
                            Meow

Comment

If you click on the link underneath, can you see it?
                              nope...for some reason some photos on MC are red x's on my work computer but not my home one. Its the ones that link to a photobucket I think. Pictures that are directly attached to posts I can see fine.

Ta Da!

Comment

Bebe, cute photo.
                                :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

MikkiMausu, thanks for posting that!^^ All I remembered from the original Disney Bear story was the relatively uninspired plot and the longer storybook version that looks like cut-and-pasted clip art with trite character cameos. The artwork on the tag version is actually quite as beautiful as Duffy artwork in Japan, although less detailed and lacking original costumes and characterization. Plus, that tag has a lenticular effect that showed real investment.

Maybe someone really did believe in the Disney Bear at first. Duffy the adventuring sailor was only born because the character was anchored at DisneySEA. Had he not required the connection to the ocean, we probably never would have gotten it. It's truly a serendipitous turn of events. I guess what I find so frustrating is that, now that it's happened, the creative artists who made it all come together aren't being celebrated the way they deserve to be and the quality standards they've set and surpassed in Japan aren't being upheld elsewhere. The artwork in the original story, though, proves that DLR and WDW are more than capable of making beautiful magic with Duffy. It's just a question of whether they choose to or not.^^

Comment

I can see the Shark eating Duffy! :P

That is to funny!

Ta Da!

Comment

• Duffy Post

Duffy was a little mischievous today. His Duffy Post box arrived and he wanted the see the contents. So he closed the door to his room. And opened the box.

sigpic
                                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Comment

Name:	Duffy wants peace.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	7347139

Duffy Wants Peace on Earth

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by TDS Duffy View Post
                                          Duffy was a little mischievous today…

He's a sneaky rascal, but his outfit totally matches the bag, so I think he had no choice! It was compelling him!

Duffy Wants Peace on Earth
                                          Don't we all! I vote for that, too!^^

Comment

Working...
                                          X