• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huskydawg
    White Water Snacker!
    • Feb 2010

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy wants to thank aimster, gurgi, and Esmeralda for the nice comments. Now lets continue with Duffy's adventures.

Duffy's day at the Disneyland Resort 1-17-12 Part II

After visiting Ariel, we decided to head over to the Grizzly Peak area.

Posing near the waterfall.

Over by the final drop of Grizzly River Run.

Duffy waving hi to the people on Grizzly River Run.

Duffy wanted to go on GRR... but I had to remind him that I'm not covered in fur and I would get cold.

So Duffy decided to do some rock climbing.

Then he climbed a little higher.

Much higher!

After all that climbing, we decided to get some lunch at White Water Snacks.

Duffy said he was really hungry so he ordered a cheeseburger and fries.

Hmm... looks liked you ordered a little more than you can handle big boy.

After lunch we decided to walk through Downtown Disney and take the Monorail into Disneyland.

Waiting for the Monorail at Downtown Disney station.

Yay! Here comes Monorail Red.

Okay Duffy, sit down and be a good bear.

NO! Don't stick you head out the window! Bad bear!

Good. Sit down while we go over the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

And over Autopia.

And there's Tomorrowland.

Part III coming soon. Disneyland and a visit with Duffy's cousin.
    sigpic

Comment

• gurgi
      Munchings & Crunchings
      • Jan 2005

I love that waterfall picture! The beam of light coming down, the falls behind him...it's a really nice picture of him. He could even use that on his holiday cards!
      Meow

Comment

• aimster
        Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I laughed. I cried. Then I laughed some more.

Comment

• Diznygrl
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2010

I'm loving your pictures, Huskydawg. They have a lot of personality. They're also making me miss Disneyland. Sigh. Still, I look forward to part III!

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
            …

• Feb 2009

I don't believe it! My network ate my post - twice! I'm walking now to TDS, far later than I'd intended. Freezing rain today. I wonder if the weather is causing problems? My most loathsome nemesis could not have designed worse weather. Stupidly, I didn't copy and save it the second time, so here's hoping third time's the charm and I can remember all I wanted to say…:shy:

Huskydawg, your photos are wonderful! I especially love the one in front of Grizzly River Rapids. Your Duffy is such a great model! The way his left ear goes up and back while his right is just in place gives him a tousled, rugged look that's adventurous and unique. At first i thought it was just the GRR shot, but it's all of them. Is he made like that naturally or is it an intentional signature style? Either way, I love it! With his stylish ears, daring climbing and mad Astro Blaster skills, your Duffy has made me like that aviator jacket even more than I used to. He totally sells it; he is just awesome!^^
            …

Comment

• Eeee-va
              I love that tiny bear!
              • Oct 2005

Got behind…

Aimster, I like Shellie May's turquoise outfit…but I like the cat too. Your bears are crazy-cute together.

MikkiMausu99, I love the details on the keyblade!

Bookobsessor, your bears have too much fun! That duck-tape Beast outfit is adorable! VERY nicely done! Is the last pic the 12" My First Duffy? If so, it's crazy cute.

Huskydawg, wow, you have some wonderful pictures! How did your Duffy like the Golden Zephyr? My tiny bears liked it very much, but that could be because the friendly CM recognized them (and let us ride twice since the ride wasn't full ). The underwater picture is one of my favorites.

Originally posted by huskydawg View Post
              Duffy wanted to go on GRR... but I had to remind him that I'm not covered in fur and I would get cold.
              :lol:

Your Duffy is much more ambitious than my tiny bears were!

Your photos are wonderful…thank you for sharing with us!
              Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• Diznygrl
                MiceChatter
                • Apr 2010

Well, my Duffy finally arrived in the mail yesterday! It was a long wait and I was eager to see the bear within...but wait. What's this??

Can it really be true? This Duffy is a girl!

Well, this certainly throws me for a loop. But how special! Hmm, right now my girl bear wardrobe is limited...but try this on for size. I know it says Happy Birthday, but technically I suppose it could be considered your birthday, so I guess it works.

Lovely!

Lil D, meet the newest member of our household...Duffette?

Hello.

I think Lil D approves.

Note: I have a feeling that my decision to make my new Duffy a girl might rub some people the wrong way, but please know that it's not my intention to offend or "weird out" anyone. The truth of the matter is that I really wanted a girl "Disney" bear to dress up in cute girly things, and since there is no Shellie May in the US (or even a 12" version of her for that matter), this is what I decided to do. I tried to present her in a charming way, and I hope that I am able to win everyone over with future Lil D/Duffette photos. :blush:

Comment

• Eeee-va
                  I love that tiny bear!
                  • Oct 2005

Oh, Diznygrl, I love your Duffette! I was wondering what Duffy would look like with eyelashes. Are those eyelashes actually three-dimensional? How in the world...??? You did a wonderful job, whatever you did.

Tiny Shellie May's fur is not VERY much of a different color than Tiny Duffy's fur, aside from her paws. Aside from the eyes (maybe; I'd need a better shot of Lil D's ), I think your Duffette looks more different from Lil D than Magnet Duffy and Magnet Shellie May.

What's really funny? I almost like the 2011 "hoodie" more on a girl bear than a boy bear. :lol:
                  Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

• aimster
                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

The 12" Duffy my mom got for the little girl she babysits that we made into a girl to go with her 17" Duffy... We named her Abby. It totally suited her. It's kind of an old-timey sounding name, but also kind of "hip".

My bears are with me at work right now (and getting into EVERYTHING). Tomorrow we're going to Detroit Tigers fantasy camp in Lakeland to watch the campers play the old Tiger players. Should be a lot of fun. Fantasy camp is always a blast.

Comment

• gurgi
                      Munchings & Crunchings
                      • Jan 2005

Wow, Diznygrl, you sold me on girl Duffy! Whatever you did and however you did it, she looks great! The eyelashes look like they are really attached. Also, I didn't realize how different current Duffy's fur looks compared to the My First Disney Bear. So, now Lil'D and Duffette actually do look about as different from each other as Duffy and ShellieMay do. There is a difference in fur color and body shape. So, I have no problem with Duffette. I think it helps that you added the lashes. Otherwise it would look like Duffy in a dress. You did a great job!
                      Meow

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
                        …

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                        Well, my Duffy finally arrived in the mail yesterday! It was a long wait and I was eager to see the bear within...but wait. What's this??...

Note: I have a feeling that my decision to make my new Duffy a girl might rub some people the wrong way, but please know that it's not my intention to offend or "weird out" anyone. The truth of the matter is that I really wanted a girl "Disney" bear to dress up in cute girly things, and since there is no Shellie May in the US (or even a 12" version of her for that matter), this is what I decided to do. I tried to present her in a charming way, and I hope that I am able to win everyone over with future Lil D/Duffette photos.
                        :blush:
                        If they do, just send 'em to me and I'll sort 'em out!^^ She is SO great! AND she's super-authentic, oldskool Duffy. Before ShellieMay appeared, Duffy was a girl to a LOT of Japanese fans, and still is to some.:blush: It's not my style usually, but you have done "Duffette" better than I've ever seen!:thumbup:
                        …

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                          Well, my Duffy finally arrived in the mail yesterday! It was a long wait and I was eager to see the bear within...but wait. What's this??

Can it really be true? This Duffy is a girl!

Well, this certainly throws me for a loop. But how special! Hmm, right now my girl bear wardrobe is limited...but try this on for size. I know it says Happy Birthday, but technically I suppose it could be considered your birthday, so I guess it works.

Lovely!

Lil D, meet the newest member of our household...Duffette?

Hello.

I think Lil D approves.

Note: I have a feeling that my decision to make my new Duffy a girl might rub some people the wrong way, but please know that it's not my intention to offend or "weird out" anyone. The truth of the matter is that I really wanted a girl "Disney" bear to dress up in cute girly things, and since there is no Shellie May in the US (or even a 12" version of her for that matter), this is what I decided to do. I tried to present her in a charming way, and I hope that I am able to win everyone over with future Lil D/Duffette photos. :blush:
                          I love this! You have a very creative mind!

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                          Indy Ride Count: 2211
                          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

• gurgi
                            Munchings & Crunchings
                            • Jan 2005

I brought Duffy and ShellieMay to work with me today too. Well, actually, their tiniest counterparts came with me. I just call 'em "Itsy & Bitsy". They're nice and warm inside on a really cold, but very sunny day.

They are about to enjoy a PB&J sandwich for lunch...well, as much as their little bellies can fit.

After lunch, they found the candy somebody gave me. Pop Rocks!

They begged me to let them have some. I gave in, and now they're bouncing off the walls! I really should learn to say no...especially to sugar!
                            Last edited by gurgi; 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: adding picture.
                            Meow

Comment

• Diznygrl
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2010

Phew, well I must say I'm relieved that people are feeling the Duffette love, so thank you! I really was worried about it. I suppose I could have weaved a fantastical tale about how sugar and spice (and everything nice!) accidentally spilled into some fluff at the Duffy factory...but I didn't actually think of that till just now. Hey, that's pretty good. )

For the eyes, I got a pack of doll eyelashes, cut them to size and superglued them individually to the back of the eye. It's not something I would recommend, LOL. But I knew the lashes were essential to making the whole thing "work", because without them, as was pointed out, it's just Duffy in drag. They're surprisingly sturdy, yet still delicate. Those doll glasses that I bought weeks ago will end up serving a dual purpose. Stylish, yet they do a good job of protecting her eyes from any accidental hard knocks.

Aimster, I considered giving her a regular name (like Abby), but wasn't sure how far I wanted to stray from her Duffy roots, hehe. So I stuck with Duffette. But I might still change it.

Oh and gurgi, I looove your little bears! I can't even imagine what Pop Rocks would do to such tiny bodies, LOL.

Comment

• huskydawg
                                White Water Snacker!
                                • Feb 2010

Ok... lets wrap this up.

Duffy's day at the Disneyland Resort 1-17-12 Part III

After we got off the Monorail our first stop was Buzz Lightyear.

With the Space Ranger himself.

Duffy demanded I re-post this picture again, just to rub it in.

After Buzz Lightyear Duffy wanted to ride Space Mountain. Good news: 10 minute wait time posted. Bad news: ride breaks down as soon as we enter the space port. After about a 15 minute wait, the ride gets going again. But with the delay, I didn't want to to annoy anyone with special row requestes, and I was worried a CM would tell me to put Duffy away, so I left him in the backpack. I'll try for a picture of us on Space Mountain in a future visit.

Duffy was a little annoyed about Space Mountain, so I told him we can go get some popcorn and relax for a while. Duffy loves popcorn, and that cheered him up.

We stopped for a picture by the Submarine Lagoon.

Look Duffy, ducks!

Duffy wants to know where his popcorn is.

Here it is!

Duffy wanted to get a closer look at these ducks.

After our snack, we decided to head over to ToonTown and see if Mickey was home

Inside Mickey's house, Duffy wanted to answer Mickey's phone.

Duffy then wanted to see if Pluto was home, but he wasn't.

Mickey had a lot of people waiting to see him, so we decided to come back some other day. We walked back through ToonTown and decided to set sail around the world.

I told Duffy to sing the "it's a small world" song, but he said no.

We're almost inside!

Europe!

Mexico!

The grand finale!

Duffy wanted a picture outside IASW.

With our day winding down, Duffy wanted a couple of more picutres.

Castle picture!

And one last picture at Main Street Station.

Now it was time to go. Duffy wanted to go see his cousin and deliever a gift.

Duffy hadn't seen his cousin in a long time. Duffy's cousin wore his Woody outfit. Duffy told his cousin he had a gift for him.

A new Lightning McQueen outfit!

Those are two good looking bears.

That's it. Duffy thanks all of you for reading his trip report and for all your wonderful comments. Bye-bye!

---------- Post added 01-20-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                Huskydawg, your photos are wonderful! I especially love the one in front of Grizzly River Rapids. Your Duffy is such a great model! The way his left ear goes up and back while his right is just in place gives him a tousled, rugged look that's adventurous and unique. At first i thought it was just the GRR shot, but it's all of them. Is he made like that naturally or is it an intentional signature style? Either way, I love it! With his stylish ears, daring climbing and mad Astro Blaster skills, your Duffy has made me like that aviator jacket even more than I used to. He totally sells it; he is just awesome!^^
                                Thanks for the comments DuffyD. About the ears, my Duffy's right ear (pictured left) is slightly bigger than his left ear. As a result, his right ear won't return to it's normal position if it's brushed back. Sometimes his right ear will actually fold foward. But it's all good, I love my Duffy.

Originally posted by Eeee-va
                                Huskydawg, wow, you have some wonderful pictures! How did your Duffy like the Golden Zephyr? My tiny bears liked it very much, but that could be because the friendly CM recognized them (and let us ride twice since the ride wasn't full ). The underwater picture is one of my favorites.
                                He loved Golden Zephyr. Even thought he said he didn't get scared, I know he did. :lol:
                                sigpic

Comment

• aimster
                                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

So cute!

I took Duffy & Shellie May with me to work today. And they decided they wanted to... help.

Duffy thought he needed to "fix" my printer.

Shellie May helping staple papers.

Duffy decided to read the newspaper.

Duffy, get out of the plant!

Comment

• aimster
                                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

So today I took the bears with me to Detroit Tigers fantasy camp to watch the old Tiger players play against the campers. I know a lot of the former players and got them to pose with the bears for photos.

They met Todd Jones (he played in the 90s)...

Alan Trammell! Tram is a Tiger legend and was part of the 1984 team that won the World Series (he's currently the bench coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks).

Jon Warden (he played back in the 60s)

Milt Cuyler (he played in the early 90s and was a good friend of mine back in the day... today was the 1st time I'd seen him in nearly 20 years)

Mike Heath (he played in the 80s & 90s)

Watching the players get introduced.

Duffy REALLY wanted to play and nearly started climbing the netting! He just LOVES baseball!

A friend of mine who's a photographer was there and he took this photo of the bears watching the game.

Everyone thought Duffy & Shellie May were so cool and cute.

Comment

• Eeee-va
                                      I love that tiny bear!
                                      • Oct 2005

Gurgi, you have almost sold me on just buying naked strap bears…and almost sold me on those darling T-shirts! (well, now they're hoodies)…Itsy and Bitsy are ridiculously cute! Do you think the tiny bears metabolize sugar even worse than the big bears? I kind of suspect they get even more hyper than their larger counterparts.

I'm double impressed at your hard work, Diznygrl. I would have just embroidered the eyelashes! LOL Yours look so much nicer!

Huskydawg! Popcorn…oh now I am hungry! And I LOVE Duffy in It's a Small World! I'm only sorry the trip is over. I hope you and Duffy go back soon!

Aimster…HAAAAAA!!!! I see your Magnet Duffy in your office, complete with hat..LOL at the highlighter tower too. (In addition to your amazing bears, of course. )

Love the baseball photos too! What good sports! I'm loving the Arizona connection too! The bears watching the game makes me LOL, with Duffy's nose shoved into the netting like he's hoping to squish through and get on the field... Either that or he's gnawing at the netting; not sure which...

So here are a couple pictures I got in DCA the first night of my trip in November, I think a little after park closing. I love them because they opened my eyes to the fun your bears can have when there aren't TOO many people around.

Comment

• Diznygrl
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                        I'm double impressed at your hard work, Diznygrl. I would have just embroidered the eyelashes! LOL Yours look so much nicer!
                                        I did consider trying to do some sort of sewing/embroidery technique with the eyelashes (to ensure more durability), but since my skills in that area are virtually non-existant, I knew it would just end up looking awful, LOL.

BTW, I adore your tiny bears. Tiny Shellie is quite the artist.

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
                                          North American Duffy fan
                                          • Sep 2009

Got some Duffy photos to share:

Here is ShellieMay's very own keyblade!^^

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X