• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diznygrl
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2010

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Originally posted by Sandrita View Post
    OMG! Super fabulous! Your Kids look great too! Did you stitch eyelashes on your little girl? She looks so pretty! And your Duffy's fur is longer. Is he a pre-Duffy? <--- Sorry for all the questions - as I Duffy fanatic I just have to know! Thanks!

---------- Post added 08-28-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

OMG! Way too precious! I ALWAYS enjoy your pictures!

Thanks, Sandrita! Duffette's eyelashes are doll eyelashes that I glued on. Actually at first I used super glue, but that wasn't working too well so I switched to Mod Podge, which has helped a lot with their strength. Of course stitching/embroidering would have been the best way to go, but I lack the skills for it and was worried they would just end up looking awful if I tried. Maybe one day I'll get something to test it on and see what happens, heh.

And yes, Lil D isn't a Duffy, he's a "My First Disney Bear" that I found at Goodwill for $1.00. In fact, now that I think about it, August 7th marked his one year "adoption day" anniversary. Hmm, and I didn't even throw him a party! I'm a bad bear momma.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
      This entire photo thread is amazing. I'm so glad it's thriving and so many wonderful pictures.
      Originally posted by Janell View Post
      I agree, I love seeing all the photos and its a great place to share Duffy Stories.
      THIRDED!

I know, right? We have such a great community here and seeing everyone's fantastic photos and :love:ful love of Duffy always makes me . Thanks so much to all the picture posters and storytellers who keep this thread alive!:clap:

Comment

• immamouse
        MiceChatter
        • May 2012

I love all the photo's. I try to get creative with my Duffy but for some reason it never works out!! I would love tips on how to get so creative and take great pics!!

sigpic

Comment

• Cdnmom
          New MiceChatter
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
          Aw Stitch, get your mouth off Duffy's head. He's friend, not food!
          So cute!! Is this a 17inch Duffy? I bought this outfit for my son but we don't have Duffy yet until we adopt him at WDW in December so just curious if it fits this well... Looks great!!!

Comment

• aimster
            Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Cdnmom View Post
            So cute!! Is this a 17inch Duffy? I bought this outfit for my son but we don't have Duffy yet until we adopt him at WDW in December so just curious if it fits this well... Looks great!!!
            Yeah that's a 17 inch Duffy. Most clothes from Build A Bear fit the 17 inch one well. I got a ton of "everyday" clothes for my Duffy from them (they know me REAL WELL at the 2 stores by me :lol: ).

Comment

• ZTRinZler
              Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost
              • Apr 2012

Don't Tell Us To Be Cool; We Are Cool...As Cool as a Mushroom
              (A.k.a Our Evacuation: Day 2)

Hooray!! We get to enjoy Mellow Mushroom for dinner tonight! Woohoo!!!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00230 (640x480).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	7344629

Oh boy, Greek salad! Yum!

Name:	DSC00223 (480x640).jpg
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	7344630

(Gasp) Red curry chicken on pizza? Oh, I could just die—but not before eating this Thai Dye pizza! Nom, nom, nom, nom!!!

Name:	DSC00240 (640x480).jpg
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	7344631

After such a wonderful meal, the only thing left to do is take a nap. Shortly after ShellieMay lies down for her nap, the guys slip a pair of toilet seat sunglasses, lids raised, onto her face.

Name:	DSC00236 (640x480).jpg
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	7344632

Their giggling is immediately interrupted by ShellieMay: “How many times do I have to tell you guys to leave the seats down?...You’re lettin’ in all the light.”

Name:	DSC00235 (640x480).jpg
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	7344633
              Last edited by ZTRinZler; 08-31-2012, 07:16 AM. Reason: I wanted to change the title

Comment

• ZTRinZler
                Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost
                • Apr 2012

Name:	DSC00249 (640x480).jpg
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	7344634

Name:	DSC00253 (640x480).jpg
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	7344635

Name:	DSC00254 (640x480).jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	7344636Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00255 (480x640).jpg
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	7344637

Name:	DSC00257 (640x480).jpg
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	7344638Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00291 (640x480).jpg
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	7344639

Comment

• aimster
                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Last night, Duffy & I went to a Rays watch party at a local Hooters.

Our friend Andrew bought Duffy some tater tots!

NOM NOM NOM!

YUM!

We played baseball bingo

Duffy met the Rays in-game host, Rusty Kath!

I ended up winning the big prize of the night... a ball signed by Rays pitcher Jeremy Hellickson! I also won a Hooters t-shirt and shot glass. :lol:

Comment

• aimster
                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Duffy got mail today from Tijuana Flats! Yep, it was addressed to "Duffy Bear"!

Inside was a note card... Duffy was hoping for a coupon for a free burrito.

In the note card was... guitar picks!

Duffy was a little bummed it wasn't a burrito but still cool of them to send this to him! Maybe next time they'll send him a burrito. :lol:

Comment

• DCfan92
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Mar 2012

Those guitar picks look aawesome. Duffy seems to Like them even if it was a burrito. What's tijuma flats I've never heard of it. I'm sure my Duffy would love some guitar picks. He loves the guitar.

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
                        North American Duffy fan
                        • Sep 2009

Time to share some Duffy photos:

My Duffy dreams of going to TDR, so here he is studying the map on which of the places he should go.

Here he is studying the map to Tokyo Disneyland's attractions and entertainment.

His favorite Disney merchandise are those found at the Tokyo Resort, so here he is looking at a map finding his favorite shops and restaurants.

Here he is studying the map to Tokyo DisneySea, trying to find his favorite attractions and entertainment. He is also looking for his home.

Duffy loves to shop for merchandise at the various DisneySea stores and loves to eat the various foods and treats located at the restaurants throughout the park. Here he is studying the map.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Cdnmom
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2012

I love everyone's photos!! Thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait to get pur Duffy and start sharing our photos. We have lots of plans for him in WDW this Dec. When i see how nice the TDS outfits are i am kicking myself for not getting in on the last shoppig trip, i really wanted that life jacket and sweater with the ears! Hopefully the holiday outfits are fabulous! Keep sharing the photos I love them!!

Comment

• aimster
                            Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by DCfan92 View Post
                            Those guitar picks look aawesome. Duffy seems to Like them even if it was a burrito. What's tijuma flats I've never heard of it. I'm sure my Duffy would love some guitar picks. He loves the guitar.
                            Tijuana Flats is a regional chain restaurant. Mexican food. Fast, cheap & good. On Tuesdays they do Taco Tuesday where you get 2 tacos, chips & a drink for $4.99. On Thursday is Throwback Thursday where you get a burrito, chips & a drink for $5.99. I love their enchiladas.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

MikkiMausu, I :love: your map series! And ZTRinzler, are you and yours back home safely now? No lingering damage, I hope?

Comment

• malice
                                i heart plunging v-necks
                                • Nov 2007

Duffite hangin' around with a new friend he made on the Disney Fantasy 2 weeks ago:

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
                                  North American Duffy fan
                                  • Sep 2009

Got a Duffy/ShellieMay photo I want to share:

Since I did a concept drawing of Duffy's samurai outfit, I also did Shellie's very own.

Here it is:

The two colors I used were red and pink. Like the Duffy samurai outfit that featured his golden caramel-colored Mickey paw on the dō, her light pink Mickey paw appears on the as well. Her gauntlets are colored red and pink, and I also added pink hearts on the outer part of the gauntlets. Her shoes are given the same color, and on the soles of the shoes, I retained the familiar light pink for the Mickey paws. The katana accessory is also given the same color scheme, the pink is applied on the saya (scabbard) and the tsuka (sword hilt). And I also added a loop so the katana can be displayed in a traditional sense.

The last piece of the outfit is the bears' signature sailor cap. I combined the two designs by adding a light pink bow on the sailor cap's design, and I also added light pink lines on the top and bottom brim of the cap. And we all agree when we saw Shellie's "Regular Series" t-shirt/bloomers set, that white and pink sailor cap was too adorable.^^

So, what do you guys think on this outfit?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                  Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                  :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Can't see it, MikkiMausu.:unsure: And Malice, is that some kind of baby clothes...or a plush Evangelion Mass Production Model?

Comment

• ZTRinZler
                                      Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost
                                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                      MikkiMausu, I :love: your map series! And ZTRinzler, are you and yours back home safely now? No lingering damage, I hope?
                                      My family and friends are all safe, DuffyDaisuki, thanks for asking!! No damage, hooray!! Our only problem is the logistical-in-theory, chaotic-in-implementation restoration of power in Orleans and Jefferson parish. Of the more than 500,000 state residents who lost power, which started late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, at least 240,000 still don't have power...and unfortunately, some of my family and friends and myself fall into that category. Yep, that means half of us will have been without power for a week.

The lack of power is an issue, but our frustrations stem from the lack of organization and preparation that is causing so many of us distress. Firstly, people returned home prematurely because the state's energy company misinformed people, via email and/or on their website, that their areas had power when they did not. Secondly, energy employees, from various energy companies from 24 other states, all came here to assist us (they were here Monday!), but they couldn't do anything because the heads of our energy company procrastinated completing the work orders necessary for said out-of-state employees to work in the state!!

It's been very, very hot, but bearable. Supposedly, my area will have power tomorrow. I hope so because at the very least, I would just like to be able to charge my cell phone inside my own home--instead of inside my running car, at a cell phone store, or at a friend's--underneath a fan with the air conditioning running. (The A/C doesn't even have to be on full blast, just on). Once I have power, I can post pictures from our cotton candy night!

As stifling hot as it is, however, I'm still very much thankful that most of Orleans and Jefferson parish did not experience the same sort of devastation that Plaquemines, St. John the Baptiste, and St. Tammany parish experienced. Whenever I think about what they're enduring and what they will endure, I feel guilty griping about the lack of power and the heat. At least I have a home to which I can return.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by ZTRinZler View Post
                                        As stifling hot as it is, however, I'm still very much thankful that most of Orleans and Jefferson parish did not experience the same sort of devastation that Plaquemines, St. John the Baptiste, and St. Tammany parish experienced. Whenever I think about what they're enduring and what they will endure, I feel guilty griping about the lack of power and the heat. At least I have a home to which I can return.
                                        I know how you feel. After 3/11 last year, I was so afraid and the distress of the transportation nightmare stayed with me for a long time. But everything I experienced was like the tiniest of inconsequential inconveniences compared with people in the northeastern region where the tsunami hit. There really is no comparison.

I hope the infrastructure gets sorted out quickly. It does sound…frustrating. I was moved to hear about all the volunteers who were taxiing people in their own boats. No organization or "service," just people being there for total strangers. I love that about America. For all our many flaws, we have lots of people like that.^^

I'm happy you and yours are okay and that your homes seem to have suffered no long-term damage. I know from my mother's flood experience that structural property damage and figuring out how to recover from it can feel almost as catastrophic as having everything washed away.

Can't wait for Cotton Candy Night!:roll:

---------- Post added 09-04-2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

I can see it now, MikkiMausu, and it's great! You're a really good costume designer!:thumbup:

Comment

• ZTRinZler
                                          Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost
                                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                          I was moved to hear about all the volunteers who were taxiing people in their own boats. No organization or "service," just people being there for total strangers. I love that about America. For all our many flaws, we have lots of people like that.^^
                                          I know. I was so very, very proud. They displayed the true definitions of altruism, selflessness, whatever noun you feel adequately summarizes their heroic actions.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X