• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aimster
    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

So I got an unexpected few days off work this week due to plumbing issues in our building. A spur of the moment trip to WDW yesterday was in order! We spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom.

When we got to the park, the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! street party/parade was just coming out of the Main Street parade gate, so we followed it up to the hub. I've seen this so many times I know the dance pretty much by heart, so I was doing it along with them as I followed along. People probably thought I was a CM on my day off or something. :lol:

Really... they should just let us move in the castle.

We stopped at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square for lunch. Love those waffle sandwiches! Got the sweet & spicy chicken one this time. So good, but spicy!

NOMMY!

We did a Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom quest, then had some fun at the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade.

Duffy says "We reserve the right to arm bears!"

We then took a raft over to Tom Sawyer Island. I hadn't be there in years and it was Duffy's first visit!

Inside Harper's Mill

Spooky House!

Duffy was hungry again already (bottomless pit bear!), but Aunt Polly's was shut tight (only a couple soda venting machines set up outside). Duffy was persistent though and started banging on the closed service window.

"Hello! I want a ham sandwich please! Open up! Hungry bear here! I demand service!"

Duffy finally gave up and we went to have fun on the barrel bridge.

The steam boat is coming! Duffy waved at everyone on the boat. Some guest even started taking photos of Duffy waving!

View of Big Thunder from the Island.

We then went to explore Fort Langhorn at the end of the island.

Duffy had a blast playing in the riffle roost!

We then explored Injun Joe's cave. It was kind of spooky in there (and we were the only ones in there)... and we almost got lost! We came to the bridge in there and I was all "NO! NO! NO! NO!" It was totally freaked out but made it across. :lol:

On the raft back, an older couple was asking me about Duffy and I told them the story, how popular he is in Japan and that you can buy him there at the park. They perked up and thanked me... hope they bought a Duffy later!

We then went to see Woody and Jessie. I showed them the photo of Duffy in his Woody costume on his horsey and they LOVED it! Their character attendant ran over to look as well and was all, "I think I just died of cute overload!"

From there, we took the train from Frontierland to Fantasyland.

Hanging out at the Fantasyland station

We then went over by the teacups and saw the White Rabbit and got his autograph.

Duffy then wanted to try pulling the sword out of the stone.

He tried...

And tried...

And tried!

Sadly, it wouldn't budge. So we went on the carousel to cheer him up. He got his own horse again! I took video but I still need to upload to YouTube. I'll post a link here once I do that.

We went on Mermaid a couple times (had a posted 20 minute wait but it was maybe 10 minutes at the most). The ride stopped for a couple minutes in the "Under the Sea" scene, so we took this quick photo.

Visited the hidden Oswald in New Fantasyland.

Duffy was hungry (again!) and wanted to eat in the Beast's castle.

I told him one day we'll eventually have lunch there.

Gaston was out doing a meet & greet, so we had to get in line for that. Gaston asked why Duffy wasn't dressed as him. I told him they don't make a Gaston costume for Duffy, to which he replied, "Well that's just a crying shame! He should be as well dressed as I am!" :lol: Typical Gaston response.

Duffy wanted to visit his little door.

Over at Bonjour! Village Gifts, Duffy saw these antlers and pretty much begged me to buy them for him. They were $13! No! So we took a photo instead so he should show his Twitter friend Buckster Bear (a bear with antlers). Buckster was impressed!

Evil Song! Evil Song! Run away!

We then went to Tomorrowland for a bit. Finally bit the bullet and checked out Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Duffy wanted some BLORT.

Laugh Floor was... Ugh. It was bad. The jokes were dumb. Well, the "That Guy" joke was funny, but that was about it. I wish that space was still Time Keeper. Was such a better attraction!

Duffy Quality Check! This little guy didn't look half bad. His fur wasn't as waffley and if you brushed it a certain way, it didn't look waffley at all! Cute face too.

Visited the dance party in Tomorrowland for a bit. Did the Cha-Cha Slide & YMCA. We left as soon as they started played Justin Bieber though. Duffy was all, "Get me out of here!"

Took a spin on the Peoplemover...

Then we went to Casey's Corner for dinner. We don't like hot dogs, so we got the Ballpark Nachos. There were no available tables at Casey's, so we were going to cross the street and go eat at Tomorrowland Terrace (which isn't open much these days, but a good place to get some shade and rest). The street party/parade was coming back down Main Street so we had to wait for that before we could cross. All the characters kept pointing at my tray of nachos and rubbing their stomachs as they went by. Everyone was cracking up laughing.

The best part about eating at Tomorrowland Terrace is because it's almost always empty and you can hear the Tomorrowland music piped in with no distraction. Plus I found a plug where I can charge up my phone when needed and there's a bathroom up there too!

We went back to Fantasyland for a spin on the Teacups.

Went back to Mermaid for a couple more rides. It still had a posted 20 minute wait but it was a walkon. We also visited Ariel in her grotto. She totally fawned over Duffy and loved that my hair was red like hers (well, mine is a little darker). She asked if I run a dinglehopper though my hair and I told her I had one with me right then. I dug my hair pick out of my bag and she was impressed! It was pretty funny. Ariel and Belle are the only princesses I can tolerate and actually have a conversation with (usually meeting face characters is awkward for me for some reason).

After a quick spin on Big Thunder (posted 10 minute wait but it was a walkon), we grabbed a spot in Liberty Square for the 2nd Electrical Parade. The funny part was there was like NOBODY waiting for it in Liberty Square or Frontierland until the announcement came over the PA the parade was coming in a few minutes. I think 70% of the guests that day left after the 8pm fireworks (the park was open until 10pm). Anyhow... Duffy got lots of attention from the characters as they went by. Minnie made a heart gesture to Duffy and Alice said hello to Duffy from her float and he got so excited. Cinderella blew him a kiss and Fairy Godmother pointed her wand at him.

Duffy wanted a couple more photos in front of the castle before we called it a night.

We then stopped at the Emporium and they still had that deal going with the little earhats ($12.95 each or 2 for $15). We picked up a lime green one and a magenta one. Duffy also saw a little Mouseketeer badge he wanted, so we got that too. After my passholder discount and using what was left on a gift card I got for Christmas, I paid a total $7 out of pocket for those 3 items. SCORE! :yea:

By the time we left the park, it was after 10pm. We did our traditional walk to the Contemporary to take the Monorail to the TTC (we like to avoid the crowds for the Express Monorail and the ferry boats), then walked from the TTC back to the car since we got a great parking space in the Aladdin lot that morning.

And that was our day! Hope you enjoyed the photos!

Comment

• JillT
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2013

Aimster, I especially like Duffy with the Tom Sawyer map in the background, the rifle roost where you see the back of him with the rifle pointing through the opening, and the sequence that had him trying to pull the sword out of the stone (I think either you or someone else had that earlier, too, very cute).

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
        M8
        • Jan 2013

Aimster, how on earth do you get your Duffy's paws to stick together? Does he have velcro on his paws?

I started singing that blasted song to Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! My daughter started yelling at me.

The photo with the Tom Sawyer map in the background is my daughter's favorite too.
        My favorite photo is Duffy in front of the little door. Where IS that door? I did not see it. Also, thanks for the heads up of the hidden Oswald. I did not know to look for it.

Thanks for the entertaining day. I wish I was there too.

Comment

• aimster
          Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
          Aimster, how on earth do you get your Duffy's paws to stick together? Does he have velcro on his paws?

I started singing that blasted song to Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! My daughter started yelling at me.

The photo with the Tom Sawyer map in the background is my daughter's favorite too.
          My favorite photo is Duffy in front of the little door. Where IS that door? I did not see it. Also, thanks for the heads up of the hidden Oswald. I did not know to look for it.

Thanks for the entertaining day. I wish I was there too.
          I used a ponytail holder that's around the same color as Duffy's fur. Sometimes I used double-sided tape.

Oh and that door is in the back of New Fantasyland by the bathrooms. It's around the corner on the right hand side. Cute little detail that really wasn't necessary since it's out of normal view. Duffy calls it HIS door now.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
            M8
            • Jan 2013

In the back near Gaston's tavern or in the circus area?

Comment

• aimster
              Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

In the back near Gaston's tavern or in the circus area?
              By the bathrooms behind Gaston's. Awww man I was going to get a cinnamon roll from there and forgot. Whoops! Next time.

Comment

• Ilovegreataur
                M8
                • Jan 2013

I did not know about the cinnamon roll. I would liked to have tried that. The LeFou's Brew (apple juice slush with marshmallow), IMO, is simply disgustingly sweet.

Comment

• JillT
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2013

I did not know about the cinnamon roll. I would liked to have tried that. The LeFou's Brew (apple juice slush with marshmallow), IMO, is simply disgustingly sweet.
                  Then you wouldn't have liked the cinnamon roll either. Looked delicious but was also way too sweet IMO.

Comment

• aimster
                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Part of me wants to try the LeFou's Brew but I can't justify the price (even without the souvenir mug it's spendy). I remember trying the pumpkin juice at Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando and it was WAY too sweet for my taste. After about 3 or 4 sips I was sick of it (it tasted good, just too sweet). I ended up dumping the rest and kept the bottle as a souvenir. And I haven't tried the butterbeer there because I hate butterscotch. :yuck:

Originally posted by JillT View Post
                    Then you wouldn't have liked the cinnamon roll either. Looked delicious but was also way too sweet IMO.
                    That might depend how much icing is on yours. I used to get the cinnamon rolls at the Main Street Bakery and they were quite delish. I usually love anything cinnamon anyway. I'm anxious to see what bakery treats they'll still have once it reopens with the Starbucks in it (won't be for awhile though... when I was there 2 weeks ago, I peeked in a crack in the door and it was completely gutted in there).

Comment

• aimster
                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Ok here's the video of Duffy riding the carousel that I promised:

Comment

• Diznygrl
                        MiceChatter
                        • Apr 2010

Great pictures as always, aimster. I always enjoy Duffy's WDW adventures, and those pics of him trying to pull the sword from the stone are perfect! Love watching him ride the carousel too. Brought a big smile to my face.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          …once it reopens with the Starbucks in it (won't be for awhile though... when I was there 2 weeks ago, I peeked in a crack in the door and it was completely gutted in there).
                          Wait… Do you mean a branded Starbucks inside Disneyland Main Street??! Am I alone in :yuck:?

This is especially weird to me considering how totally awesome the Fantasyland remodel is. Starbucks on Main Street feels like the polar opposite direction. Now of it's actually themed as Captain Starbuck's, I'm on board. But I know a park where that might be a better fit…
                          Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-06-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• aimster
                            Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                            Wait… Do you mean a branded Starbucks inside Disneyland Main Street??! Am I alone in :yuck:?

This is especially weird to me considering how totally awesome the Fantasyland remodel is. Starbucks on Main Street feels like the polar opposite direction. Now of it's actually themed as Captain Starbuck's, I'm on board. But I know a park where that might be a better fit…
                            Believe me, Starbucks a WAY better than the nasty Nescafe crap the try to pass off as coffee in the parks. The Starbucks they put in DCA is a huge hit. And it will be a THEMED Starbucks inside the Main Street Bakery. And it won't be just Starbucks in there... the bakery will still offer fresh made treats along with the Starbucks goodies (except the ice cream sandwiches as those will move to the ice cream parlor next door)... just like in DCA. They're also going to put a Starbucks in at the Fountainview Cafe (ice cream shop) at Epcot. And word is that Joffrey's (a small Tampa-based chain) is going to expand their presence in the parks as well (right now they're at the stand-alone kiosks at the TTC, outside the Epcot gates and inside Epcot as well - I love to stop at the one across from Duffy's greet gazebo for an iced vanilla latte). I love Joffrey's, so having them along with Starbucks is a good thing for coffee drinkers (like myself).

Comment

• clara
                              Sshhh, being very quiet
                              • Jan 2006

Duffy got some Hockey gear!

And proceeded to share it with the Goats!

Ta Da!

Comment

• Eeee-va
                                I love that tiny bear!
                                • Oct 2005

Aimster, I LOVE your latest round of photos! Duffy's adventures made me smile! Clara, WOW, that's a great outfit! Is that just Build-a-Bear?

Regarding Starbucks, there was a lot of concern in the Disneyland fan community over a Starbucks inside Disney California Adventure (the first location inside a US Disney park). It's on the 1920s/30s-themed Buena Vista Street.

I don't recall hearing any complaints about it being Starbucks since it opened, though. They went to great lengths to theme the place, and even were allowed to use a vintage Starbucks logo instead of the modern one.

So yeah, I'm not a fan of Starbucks (or coffee), but this is gorgeous, and a pleasant place to sit, too! Inside:

Sitting down with a cookie from the nearby bakery (and keeping it on topic!):

All that said, I don't blame people for being bothered by the thought of Starbucks on Main Street in Disneyland. Thematically, I'm pretty sure it can work just fine. But I think out on the West Coast, at least, the concern is more that it's potentially destroying existing and historic shop space. We've seen they can do nice things, and DCA was such a massive rebuild, they weren't exactly taking away beloved spaces to bring in Starbucks. There is that danger in Disneyland, and maybe WDW, that they're presumably taking away some historic elements in the Magic Kingdom parks just in the name of making money on Starbucks. (And of course many folks complain about almost any change, even in cases where it actually IS for the better. :shy

The Starbucks in DCA serves sandwiches as well, and presumably Disney baked goods (though the bakery is maybe a couple dozen steps away, and an indoor walk at that, so I didn't really investigate Starbucks' baked goods...I was happy with my bakery gingerbread!).
                                Last edited by Eeee-va; 03-06-2013, 10:19 PM.
                                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• clara
                                  Sshhh, being very quiet
                                  • Jan 2006

Hockey outfit from BAB. He is also wearing skates and holding a hockey stick that came with a puck!

Ta Da!

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                                    Adventures with Duffy
                                    • Sep 2005

Clair love the hockey costume. I have a Flames one, my husband is from Calgary.

Aimster, thanks for the idea of the hair band,mute photos. Where is the hidden Oswald?

DuffyD, I know Starbucks inside the parks? The coffee at Disney parks is horrible. They needed to do something. I was hoping for something different like a Tim Hortons, as I don't like Starbucks. But anything is better then what disney had going on. There is no big Starbucks sign and its been designed well at dca.
                                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• aimster
                                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                                      Where is the hidden Oswald?
                                      It's in New Fantasyland. when you get to the Enchanted Tales With Belle sign, turn your back to the sign and start looking on the ground for it.

My usual go-to place for coffee is Dunkin Donuts, but I'm also a fan of Starbucks and Joffrey's. I wish we still had Barnie's around here but they all closed.

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
                                        Adventures with Duffy
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                        It's in New Fantasyland. when you get to the Enchanted Tales With Belle sign, turn your back to the sign and start looking on the ground for it.

My usual go-to place for coffee is Dunkin Donuts, but I'm also a fan of Starbucks and Joffrey's. I wish we still had Barnie's around here but they all closed.
                                        Thank you.
                                        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki

• Feb 2009

Well, Janell, if it was really so bad, I guess you may be right. And I don't suppose Starbucks would provide coffee without branding so, meh, I accept it. Not that it matters what I think anyway.

I'd like to see photos of both Starbucks and new Fantasyland, Aimster!^^

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X