Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Duffy Merchandise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

    I love that Shellie May top, and the Pluto costume. I have a soft spot for Pluto as he was one of my earliest companions, even used to go to Hospital with me for operations! They used to give him a Hospital ID bracelet as well as me!! So I'd love it if that outfit came to the US when I could get it. Would love the Shellie May top too. Matches the Duffy one in the US doesn't it?

    Comment


    • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

      AA1990, Spring Voyage is not happening in 2015! I think it is replaced by an Easter event. So I have no idea if the small smiling bears will return. I hope they will, of course, and if they made a small smiling Gelatoni, I would probably cave and bring him home.
      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

      Daily updates on Facebook!

      Comment


      • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

        Oh noooo!!!! Hopefully that just means little smiling Shellies in pastel dresses with easter baskets. Someone keep the bears out of the chick costumes and eggs!
        I never even considered the existence of a smiling Gelatoni.... I just need to call Disney and say Ill take two of everything! (I wish it was that easy)

        Comment


        • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

          I've never seen TDS release anything that wasn't classy--the bug costumes for Halloween one year are the only seasonal release I've seen that I'd even say were in the ballpark of childish (and there is a very good argument that they were more childlike than childish). So I'd be pretty shocked if we got chick costumes and eggs...and if for some bizarre reason, that IS what we got, I'm guessing there would be an alternate costume as well.

          "Easter in New York" for Spring Voyage was an "Easter"-themed show, too...it seems their interpretation of Easter is almost as much Easter bonnets and cool clothes as it is eggs, and probably much more bonnets than chicks. No telling what we'll see; Spring Voyage's outfits were comparatively simple...but for Easter, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some outstanding outfits.
          Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

          Daily updates on Facebook!

          Comment


          • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

            I love all of those outfits. I really wish they would release them in the U.S. parks. I'd especially love to have the SM sweater set and Duffy's pluto costume. I just bought Duffy's sweater set a few days ago. They'd be so cute together!!
            Last edited by lovechows; 11-07-2014, 05:45 AM.

            Comment


            • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

              More photos from Hong Kong Main Street Gazette:












              (Using the familiar Tokyo DisneySea art style for Duffy and Shellie).







              (Combining images from both her storybook tag and one image from the storybook itself (4th image).









              Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

              Comment


              • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                Thank you, MikkiMausu. I know someone who lives in Hong Kong, but I don't think she's in a position to go to the park.
                The jack strap of SM reading the book is from Spring Voyage.

                Comment


                • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                  Love all their merchandise!!!




                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                    I think I just spent $400 looking at these pictures. I wish the USA would commit to Duffy like TDS and HKDL.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                      Not my auction-New Duffy at WDW
                      Walt Disney World Storybook at Night Duffy Bear Plush Doll Hidden Mickey New | eBay

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                        I know there are too many pre-dressed bears, but I like that one. The mouse ears look a bit off--maybe playing with them a bit would help--but not only does he have pants, but it looks to me like an outfit that a human would wear, which I love to see!
                        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

                        Daily updates on Facebook!

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                          OMG I want that WDW shirt for Lil D!! (Duffette could wear it too, heh.) So cute. The mouse ears look a bit weird though. I know people are saying that Duffy is being phased out of DL, but I wonder what the odds are that they will be making a DL version of this bear?

                          As the owner of two darling 12" bears, I wish they would sell individual 12" outfits instead of a bazillion pre-dressed bears.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                            Originally posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
                            These were posted on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:


                            ShellieMay's Christmas sweater and cap outfit (to serve as a companion piece to Duffy's Christmas sweater and cap outfit).

                            A 9 inch ShellieMay Christmas plush.

                            And a Pluto outfit of the 17 inch Duffy plush.
                            I really hope you get it because your story was even cuter!!

                            Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                            AA1990, Spring Voyage is not happening in 2015! I think it is replaced by an Easter event. So I have no idea if the small smiling bears will return. I hope they will, of course, and if they made a small smiling Gelatoni, I would probably cave and bring him home.
                            I never even thought of Gelamini!!! But in sure hoping for that now!:love:

                            Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                            I've never seen TDS release anything that wasn't classy--the bug costumes for Halloween one year are the only seasonal release I've seen that I'd even say were in the ballpark of childish (and there is a very good argument that they were more childlike than childish). So I'd be pretty shocked if we got chick costumes and eggs...and if for some bizarre reason, that IS what we got, I'm guessing there would be an alternate costume as well.

                            "Easter in New York" for Spring Voyage was an "Easter"-themed show, too...it seems their interpretation of Easter is almost as much Easter bonnets and cool clothes as it is eggs, and probably much more bonnets than chicks. No telling what we'll see; Spring Voyage's outfits were comparatively simple...but for Easter, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some outstanding outfits.
                            I just wanted to "yes" this.

                            Originally posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
                            More photos from Hong Kong Main Street Gazette:












                            (Using the familiar Tokyo DisneySea art style for Duffy and Shellie).







                            (Combining images from both her storybook tag and one image from the storybook itself (4th image).








                            MikkiMausu, seriously, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

                            It's so nice to see Duffy featured with the other characters in so much of the artwork and pins! And it's interesting that some of the items are actually the same as Tokyo.

                            i :love: (and want) all three ShellieMay pins. And I would buy an iPad just to put it in that "Twin Sailors" case! Holy buckets of YES!!

                            HK's offerings are still very, very "Disney Consumer Products." They don't have that artisan feel of a dedicated, independent design team. There's no narrative, no home, and no extravagance. These are just character goods. But they are "just right" at striking the balance between the excess that Japanese fans (and WishListers) may be uniquely willing to support, and cutting corners to reach lower price points and set a less ambitious standard of expectation. They're not the "my teddy bear's clothes are nicer (and more expensive) than mine" releases that define TDS Duffy quality, but they're equally not subpar offerings unworthy of the bears. Even the sculpt on the ornament is more on-model than any sculpted Duffy outside Japan has ever been. THANK YOU, HK!!!:love:

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                              Compared to the USA parks this is awesome merchandise.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                :clap:THANK YOU, MikkiMausu!!!

                                Is it just me, or does ShellieMay look extra pink in this photo? Probly just the light; I doubt they'd change her hue. R
                                I think it's because she's also wearing a pink hat and top, which would bring the pink of her fur out more. My TDS and Aulani ShellieMays are exactly the same hue of dusty rose.

                                As for that new 12" pre-dressed Duffy... The WDW logo is ALL WRONG. It's in the Disneyland font, which WDW does not use. WDW's current logo looks like this:

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	logo-wdw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	7357331

                                But I wish it still looked like this:

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	wdw-old-logo.png
Views:	2
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	7357332

                                I do agree though that HKDL seems to "get" Duffy way better than the US parks, which is sad. I'd love to round up the US parks Duffy team and give them a swift kick in the pants. However, that Pluto costume is adorable and I'll most likely get it for this reason: Pluto was my mom's favorite Disney character (Duffy was her 2nd favorite). I'd get that costume to put on my mom's Duffy (which my dad will be bringing down to me later this month).

                                Comment


                                • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                  Mmommie they're the new 2015 12" duffys. There is also the same for Disney land with land on the ears instead of world.

                                  Comment


                                  • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                    Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                    I've complained about the Vinylmation designs and I STILL don't like the extra smile lines on the mouth...but I still kind of like the gingerbread Duffy. Of course, I like gingerbread very much so I am rather biased.

                                    Same here, Eeee-va. I'm trying hard not to like it, but I have a fever! And the cure is... more gingerbread!!


                                    Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                                    HK's offerings are still very, very "Disney Consumer Products." They don't have that artisan feel of a dedicated, independent design team. There's no narrative, no home, and no extravagance. These are just character goods. But they are "just right" at striking the balance between the excess that Japanese fans (and WishListers) may be uniquely willing to support, and cutting corners to reach lower price points and set a less ambitious standard of expectation. They're not the "my teddy bear's clothes are nicer (and more expensive) than mine" releases that define TDS Duffy quality, but they're equally not subpar offerings unworthy of the bears. Even the sculpt on the ornament is more on-model than any sculpted Duffy outside Japan has ever been. THANK YOU, HK!!!

                                    I agree, DuffyD. While the HK merchandise simply cannot be compared to that of TDS in terms of quality or collectibility, they do offer a glimpse of what WDC could have done with Duffy here in the States if they'd just gone a step further. (Let's not get started on what WDC could have done with Duffy if they were faithful to, and heavily invested in, the OLC model!!!) The merchandise pays (some) tribute to TDS, more fully embraces the sailor theme, and isn't limited to fuzzy Disney character onsies (although that is a major component -- OMG :love: that Pluto costume).


                                    And, of course, they now have Shellie May! That Duffy has a companion is very important to his marketability, I think, particularly for people who don't immediately imagine themselves as Duffy's companion (read: most Americans). I feel that Duffy is perceived as a pariah, especially as he sits by himself on lonely shelves at DCA. But with Shellie, Duffy has a friend, and, hey, you can be his friend, too!


                                    This merchandise, too, if offered in the U.S., could bring in more revenue and more fans. It could potentially serve as a bridge between what is currently offered stateside and an additional, higher end line of more TDS-like outfits. But, sadly, WDC has not shown willingness to take any risks here in the States.


                                    It's a shame, too, because the pins are irresistible and I need them in my life now!! Plus, I now need an iPhone 6 or iPad (is it mini-sized?) so I can justify getting the twin sailor case! I just love Shellie's sailor dress. And the hat!!
                                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

                                    Comment


                                    • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                      I would have been absolutely thrilled if the US duffy had similar treatment to HK. Since I have never made it to the parks before, I was just grateful to be able to purchase my little Duff online. I feel its this type of merch push that helps determine the audience. Many Duffy fans are actually older adults, so seeing merchandise like bags, blankets, and phone accessories would help me to feel like this marketing was meant for me. In the US everything is very minimal, plush and pins and outfits... I could easily glance at that and say "oh, its just another kids bear" and totally miss the appeal since I am a young woman. Since I am a bit more informed I can still appreciate Duffy, but I feel like he fails to really capture attention with his half-attempts at marketing at the DS

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                        Your point is right on, AA1990. The marketing for Duffy in the U.S. has been unbelievably poor. We were at Disneyland this morning and it was great to see there's still Duffy merchandise in the stores. Unfortunately, many of the items are on lower shelves instead of at eye level (an amateur marketing move)--so I moved several Duffy's around so they have more visibility and better chance of being sold.

                                        I really wish the merchandise that's available in Japan and Hong Kong was available here, too--especially that adorable pink Shellie Mae outfit. Hopefully she will do well in Aulani and someday make it over here.

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: New Duffy Merchandise

                                          I need the shellie may poncho and sweatshirt dress D: anybody have any idea how i could get my hands on them? I don't know anyone who is going to Hong Kong o_o

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X