Clear All

• Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Originally posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    This was posted on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

I translated it... 'Let Duffy and ShellieMay embrace your phone'

Don't quite know what that means.

Comment

^ I think it's a phone stand/cradle. Just something to rest your phone on.

Comment

This was posted on Hong Kong Main Street Gazette's Facebook page:

A new set of park pins featuring Duffy and ShellieMay for Hong Kong Disneyland's Pin Trading Fun Day.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Okay... there is the FB page showing all these cool items that some would love to have. We have someone willing to try to get some of these items. I could not find a page like the one TDS has to show all the items and prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
            Okay... there is the FB page showing all these cool items that some would love to have. We have someone willing to try to get some of these items. I could not find a page like the one TDS has to show all the items and prices.
            We do not have it but I can take some pic of duffy items and price tag. also That key chain set is 125 hKD a pair I got one for my self.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              ^ I think it's a phone stand/cradle. Just something to rest your phone on.
              yes you are right. It is something Asian/ Chinese love

Comment

tsw, that would be awesome.

I don't know about HKDL... if these items are just new items or releases.
                At TDS, release items fly off the shelves in a day.

Comment

only the duffy pin will sold out fast here, and I collect duffy pins. I have to check HKDL every weekend to catch up every release.

Comment

what kind of hkdl are you looking for most? I will figure out them first

Comment

I will look through the posted pictures and let you know via PM.

Comment

Are the goofy costumes readily available ?

Has anyone seen those in Orlando yet?

Comment

Sorry that was supposed to quote our Hong Kong poster....

Comment

There's a wide shot of a lot of the Hong Kong Disneyland Duffy merchandise on the Disney Parks blog at Window Shopping at Disney Parks Around the World: See What’s in Store! « Disney Parks Blog

I have no idea what it means that the LinkedIn of Gary LaTouche, who is based in Florida, lists him as the "Director of Merchandise at Tokyo Disneyland Resort". I assume Oriental Land Company is still in charge of all the Duffy merchandise in TDS.

Our family and friends at Tokyo Disney Resort have cooked up something special as they celebrate a Sweet Duffy event through March 20, 2015. “This unique celebration is a recipe for success, says Director of Merchandise,” Gary LaTouche. “Our Disney fans love Duffy the Disney Bear, ShellieMay and Gelatoni, we have found that they can ‘bear’ly contain their excitement for some of the new offerings including plush, accessories, cooking essentials and sweet treats.”
                            Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Nice find, Eeee-va! My understanding is that Walt Disney Attractions Japan's functionality is primarily that of liaison and approval, while most of the details and process work for TDR merchandising are done by OLC staff. I think WDA always has final approval, though.

I've also been told by more than one CM that Duffy's design team is a particular unit, staffed and led by Japanese OLC employees. While big event merchandise and park bags, etc may sometimes involve significant collaboration with WDAJ, their involvement with Duffy, I've been told, is limited to approval.

While the apparent gaps between US/global and Japan releases (except the occasional copycat item/artwork from HKDL) support this, I have never spoken with an actual team member, so add a healthy dousing of salt.^^
                              Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-12-2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to type two words.:blush:

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                                I have no idea what it means that the LinkedIn of Gary LaTouche, who is based in Florida, lists him as the "Director of Merchandise at Tokyo Disneyland Resort". I assume Oriental Land Company is still in charge of all the Duffy merchandise in TDS.
                                And he's definitely not the head of merchandise for the US parks because that's Steven Miller.

Comment

Disney Store online and stores have an extra 25% off some merchandise through President's Day (2/16). Hoping to find a Baymax, I went to our local Disney Store Outlet. No Baymaxes at all, but the 2014-labeled Duffys were marked down to $10.99, and were 50% off of the marked price and then 25% off of that, so $4.12 apiece.

So yeah, this happened. (With a 5th that I already gave to my friend.)

No, I don't really care for the outfits (though I'd like the regular 2014 bear a lot more without the hat). But I do like the thought of being able to give away Duffys to people who might need one without worrying about the price. And I can always sew for them too, so that's a win-win.
                                  Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Comment

Oh, Eeee-va, I could see myself doing the same thing! How could anyone resist those adorable little faces--and at such an incredible savings. Good job!

Comment

I did the same thing with the 8" bears. I have 3 remaining. I gave one as part of a Christmas present and one to JayCee.

They were $1.27.

I was wondering if I could bleach one of them to lighten the fur to look like ShellieMay's and add eyelashes. One problem is the eye's wouldn't be blue. The other is that when I look at them, they all look like boys to me and I couldn't pick one that had a face suitable to become a ShellieMay.

Comment

I still have some 8" Duffys too! If I recall correctly, mine weren't quite that cheap, though.

I agree; I think the 8" Duffys' faces are too masculine to make a good Shellie May or even a "Duffette." Which is kind of a pity, since the BAB Buddies girl clothes are SO CUTE! I wish there was a Shellie May to match 8" Duffy's size and wear those clothes....

Comment

My folks checked out downtown Disney Orlando today and confirmed that goofy costumes definitely havent made it across to Florida yet

Comment

Working...
                                          X